PDA

View Full Version : Case study: boosting the special stat

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 02:49 PM
In this post I'll be exploring the Yellow Talismans and their relation to Soldier Eddie with regards to his special stat. All other stats will be ignored in the post and we will only focus on the special stat. Onslaught talismans were not tested because they have AIDS.

4 star soldier Eddie level 80:
HP 2865
ATK 318
DEF 328
MAGIC 317
M. RESIST 328
SPECIAL 330

Talismans:
BOOST WILL: Special X 25%, a bonus of 82 was noted. 25% of 330 is 82.5 meaning decimal was rounded down. Exactly what we are supposed to get.
RUSH WILL: Special X 25% defence no modifier bonus was noted, talisman appears to be broken.
RUSH BULWARK: special X 25% of defence, no Modifier bonus was noted, talisman appears to be broken
WARP WILL: special X 25% of MR bonus is 82, exactly 25% of MR.
WARP BULWARK: special X 25% of MR, bonus is 82. Exactly 25% of MR.

For shits and giggles Pharaoh dog King level 100 stats:
HP 7651
ATK 230
DEF 925
MAGIC 919
M. RESIST 925
SPECIAL 238

WARP TALSIMAN BULWARK: Special X 25% of MR, bonus of 59. Talisman is broken, Talisman is multiplying (.25)(special) and not MR. I chose this character because of its absurdly high MR stat hoping to get a massive boost in the special stat. The modifier bonus should be 231... WOW.

Conclusion:
The rush Talsimans are broken, they provide NO MODIFIER BONUS at this time.

The Warp talismans are broken, they provide a 25% increase multiplied by Special, not MR. Equipping them will have no noticeable effect on Soldier Eddie at this time nor in the future due to his MR and special stat being so close. In the future if this Talisman is fixed, it will provide a mega boost for all other characters that have a high MR value.

Boost Talismans are functioning fine at this time and will provide the exact same value as warp talismans on all characters.

Upgrade these Talsimans at your own risk.

Kaijester
08-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Good thread, I actually upgraded all of them (Will) to LV50 and noticed the broken talisman when all provided my Cyborg Eddie the same special bonus. I did mention this in another thread but I didn't report this as a bug...did you?

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Nada sir. Your cyborg is pretty cool FYI, he's my fav of your characters. How on earth did you get so many rares and so many gunners?

Gonzo
08-06-2016, 03:17 PM
As Kaijester The Unmodly said, really good post.

Although I don't think it should be a priority let's hope this gets fixed so we can reach the potential of our characters.

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm going to upgrade warp talismans only at this time as there is no difference between it and the boost version. If it ever gets fixed the warp talisman should have huge impacts on all other characters save for soldier Eddie.

Beeboo
08-06-2016, 03:27 PM
How can you tell the bonus was noted during the game?

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 03:47 PM
How can you tell the bonus was noted during the game?
The only way to figure it out is by doing the math. See my original post.

Gonzo
08-06-2016, 03:48 PM
What does the video have to do with the post? :confused:

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 05:13 PM
I have a request and a theorem:
If you're running a character that does true damage, ie soldier Eddie or any character that has yellow and red slots: please try out a max WARP BULWARK talismans on your character in place of WILL talismans and post results. According to the help section true damage scales both attack and magic stat, the small increase to attack stat from the WILL talismans should pale in comparison to the huge increase in HP and Magic from the BULWARK talisman at level 50, if this mechanic works as it's supposed to, it should be a no brainer and the BULWARK should potentially produce much heavier damage more consistently than the WILL talisman, even on a red build, in addition you get more HP from the BULWARK.

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Another note: the BULWARK yellow talisman should be a solid choice for a blue character instead of a pair of blue talismans. Yes, you lose 100 magic for the substitute, and you lose the modifier bonus, but you gain ALOT of HP, and you gain a mega increase in special which should translate well to Eddie and Axis commander.

Flann
08-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Nice work! I have put a link to here from my own guide.

aur0ra85
08-06-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks much

Kaijester
08-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Nada sir. Your cyborg is pretty cool FYI, he's my fav of your characters. How on earth did you get so many rares and so many gunners?

I started this game before the official launch and back then trooper badges reward does not have a weekly limit...

SARGERAS
08-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Not going to levelup to 50 both my boost/will/40 ones 'til it gets fixed. Oh well .-.

Edit:

Another note: the BULWARK yellow talisman should be a solid choice for a blue character instead of a pair of blue talismans. Yes, you lose 100 magic for the substitute, and you lose the modifier bonus, but you gain ALOT of HP, and you gain a mega increase in special which should translate well to Eddie and Axis commander.

And the % buff of Magus Talismans (Paladin/Holy). I mean, if the character has locked yellow slot fine, but I wouldn't change Magus for Gunner Talismans for say Carriage eddie. HP is indeed nice but, I'm a full-dmg dealer so =/... But it's only my gameplay perspective. I think that Magus Talismans are the most affected by the Talisman's inconsistency; Warriors have Fierce, Sentinels Overwhelming, Gunners Bulkwarks and Assassins are OPOP :p.

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 03:40 AM
Not going to levelup to 50 both my boost/will/40 ones 'til it gets fixed. Oh well .-.

Edit:

And the % buff of Magus Talismans (Paladin/Holy). I mean, if the character has locked yellow slot fine, but I wouldn't change Magus for Gunner Talismans for say Carriage eddie. HP is indeed nice but, I'm a full-dmg dealer so =/... But it's only my gameplay perspective. I think that Magus Talismans are the most affected by the Talisman's inconsistency; Warriors have Fierce, Sentinels Overwhelming, Gunners Bulkwarks and Assassins are OPOP :p.

Each to their own, I'm levelling a set and I have a new trooper with an axis commander who did the same, of course I can't test him (only try him once a day), but it's better than nothing til mine are levelled.

SARGERAS
08-07-2016, 03:51 AM
Each to their own, I'm levelling a set and I have a new trooper with an axis commander who did the same, of course I can't test him (only try him once a day), but it's better than nothing til mine are levelled.

I would appreciate if you share the results (Magus vs Gunner sets) in an overview, since the higher SP stat quickier you can get the Fury (plus Thief Talismans).

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 05:17 AM
I would love a thief set, I don't have a single one unfortunately let alone 9 to cover the RNG, so that info is prob gonna have to come from someone else for now. I ended up leveling my soldier Eddie today tho, so he's five stars! Again I could make him max today, but I feel like I'm gonna grind out his talismans over the next couple weeks (the yellow ones are already five stars). The magus data is going to have to wait, for whatever reason (beer), I upgraded the pyro soldier tonight, so the blue party is going to have to be shelved for now.

Beeboo
08-07-2016, 06:30 AM
I use a Thief set on my Undead Allied Soldier. It will add 35% to my Fury. I use it on him because of the Extra Turn. He can sometimes add 70%. Here a video of me getting 2 specials in 1 round:

https://vimeo.com/177875848

Flann
08-07-2016, 12:27 PM
I use a Thief set on my Undead Allied Soldier. It will add 35% to my Fury. I use it on him because of the Extra Turn. He can sometimes add 70%. Here a video of me getting 2 specials in 1 round:

Wow very cool.

Beeboo
08-07-2016, 06:06 PM
I've been farming Kingdom of the Sands Powerslave Madness for 1 more Thief Talisman to make a second set.

shaunvis
08-11-2016, 01:02 PM
What talismans are people using for their SE?

Is Attack good to have or is Special more important? I'm not sure if things liek Barrage benefit more from ATK increase or what.

Dutch
08-11-2016, 01:11 PM
im running Guardian Fierce 2 sets, Strength Fierce 2 sets and Rush Will 2 sets, although i think the yellow boost bullwark is a better set to have but only have one of those

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 01:46 PM
There's been a few discussions about this topic in particular
This is what I use, same reds as Dutch.

2- Strenght Fierce
2- Guardian Fierce
2- Boost Will

All the Talismans are maxed.
I decided to boost AT only since Acrid Smoke is not that good. I'm thinking in removing on red set and trying the Piercing Set that I have on my Alliance General.

Dutch
08-11-2016, 01:50 PM
need one more of those damn bullwarks

kryton
08-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Gonzo,do you remember where you found the most orange lvl3 evolution material to level those boost talismans to level 5 at or was it just luck RNG?

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Underworld Madness, maybe. I had tons of runes. I had to sell a bunch.

Und Madness or Battlefield Madness A Matter of Life and Dead works too

kryton
08-11-2016, 02:21 PM
The only ruin I have had trouble finding.Really it seems anything that makes Soldier Eddie stronger seems VERY Hard to find.At least for me. I sold a bunch of other ruins and leveled up some talismans.Gold is my major issue right now.
Thanks

Dutch
08-11-2016, 02:24 PM
The only ruin I have had trouble finding.Really it seems anything that makes Soldier Eddie stronger seems VERY Hard to find.At least for me. I sold a bunch of other ruins and leveled up some talismans.Gold is my major issue right now.
Thanks

Try shadows in the valley im getting a good few there today

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't recommend selling runes for the moment unless you have an inventory problem.

The drop rates seem to be "rune focused" after the update but they don't drop as many as before. At least that's my experience in this few hours.

Gold hasn't changed, I spent 2M on upgrades yesterday and I ended up near broke. I'm slowly making my way up again.

Stormseye
08-11-2016, 03:38 PM
im running Guardian Fierce 2 sets, Strength Fierce 2 sets and Rush Will 2 sets, although i think the yellow boost bullwark is a better set to have but only have one of those

If you need to farm those Bulwarks try Kingdom of Sands Normal. They drop more commonly than higher levels. I discovered that trying to farm Strength talismans in Ailing Madness only to get everything else I did not want. Dropped to Normal and get 5 in a row from Blackened Pride.

Dutch
08-11-2016, 03:40 PM
If you need to farm those Bulwarks try Kingdom of Sands Normal. They drop more commonly than higher levels. I discovered that trying to farm Strength talismans in Ailing Madness only to get everything else I did not want. Dropped to Normal and get 5 in a row from Blackened Pride.

Yeah will try again, they just didn't drop for me will go back there again