PDA

View Full Version : PvP Week 16 - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
05-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Another new Eternal!

Carlos was a madman even in the days of Beta - relentless attacker - so not surprised he's at the top. Congrats bud!

Props as well to always-a-threat-to-tear-it-up-last-minute GMAC and Canyptian! Cool to see a new name up there again.

This should be a really interesting week with the Coming Home event.

Would love to hear strategies. Clear lists for hours? Throw fights just to get the numbers quicker? Run fights on auto? A combination?

500 is definitely a lot - but 275 seems to be a number many are targeting. Next weeks thread should be pretty interesting.

I was thinking of "throwing" some fights - a successful trooper of mine appears to be doing that - but held off and cleared seven lists instead. Benched F'n Visions Eddie cause he's effective but slow - and not really as concerned if I lose one here and there this week. We'll see how the week goes time wise.

If you're throwing fights, it's really a balance of getting the fights in - but not going so low that achieving the score needed for 1900 points at reset (2200? ) doesn't become unachievable. Because those thrown fights will skew your ratio in an attack heavy direction - and those incoming attacks may make it difficult to climb out of a hole that's too large.

As far as numbers - things seem to have stabilized. Ratio seems to be just under 1:1 for most I've talked to unless you're a pretty mellow player. In this point environment I'm still pretty selective with attacks and continue to achieve a good rank with minimal attacks. I don't think that approach will work if you're shooting for Top 5...

Number of Attacks made: 198

Number of times Attacked: 168

I have to give a nod to Bad Taste and his Cyborg squad. It was my single loss of the week ;)

Thanks for posting everyone and good luck in the Coming Home event!

PerthEddie
05-28-2017, 02:58 PM
Attacks: 16
Defence: 18

Really low numbers from me. As I said in another thread yesterday the Soul event last weekend absolutely burned me out last week and I struggled to find the motivation just to play Troopers all week.

Got off to a decent start today. Up to 79 attacks made and even got into the top 100 for the first time. I have realised though there is no way I can stay there - I lack the variety of characters needed to do it. Not sure how I will play out the rest of the week. Have a really busy week ahead at work so may well have to sneakily play on auto. I won't get 70 fights/day in if I wait till the evening. I really want to try and get to 500 but will have to see what happens over the week. I may end up throwing fights at the weekend if I get close to the magic number.

Edit

Congrats to Carlos on getting Eternal

R1ck
05-28-2017, 03:13 PM
For this week i will play manually what I can to get the daily battles necessary (72). If I don't have the time to do it manually will play in auto. When playing manually I am clearing lists.

My stats for last week and what have done till 2 hours ago.3037

BadTaste
05-28-2017, 03:45 PM
First, congrats to Carlos for eternal and to Gmac & Canyptian who filled the rest of the podium. Well done!

Last week I cleared attack list whenever I was able to. I ended up #22.
Attacks made: 229
Attacks against: 199

I have to give a nod to Bad Taste and his Cyborg squad. It was my single loss of the week ;)
Thank you, sorry to be the one to break your 100% win rate. In fact, the AI seemed to have its bright moments last week playing my squad... :cool:

This week I'll clear list whenever I can as always, and we'll see where the # of attacks it leads to. Have no particular goal atm.

See you in the arena!

BG840
05-28-2017, 04:37 PM
ATK-109
DEF-98
PTS-2409

Congrats to los, mac, and tian on taking the podium.

Was off schedule with everything last week so didn't play much. Lots of volume in the reward tiers last week, only gonna increase this week.

Good luck to all in the event.

Jofer16
05-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Grats Carlos!

slauki
05-28-2017, 04:49 PM
attacks: 197
defense: 168

my goal will be 275 this week, but things might change in the end, i will reevaluate the situation on friday.

good luck to all of you

Silentknight
05-28-2017, 05:31 PM
Attack:269
Defense:229
Slow week for me...2 refills thru the week & only 1 yesterday. Already used more refills this week...goin 4 500!

Ringe666-7406
05-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Congrats to Carlos... If this Saturday wasn't scheduled a long time ago for me, I think I might have joined him (idk only if above or below :P). Week was perfect for Eternal run since no one didn't go very far until the very end. Anyway, attacks cut in half from me this week, 332 (with two bloody APMAs, on victory screen, one over Enkilol and one over runner-up, rest I won and claimed victories, and am so proud), while I managed to stay on 285 defenses, and my squad burst last day, especially in the last 2-3 hours :D Mayhem started early for me this week with this event (can't remember last time I was under 50) but it's nice to see everyone decided to participate. As Nicko said, numbers will be really interesting, and I can say I think the same.

See ya all on the pyramid top \m/

CanyptianFit
05-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Definitely had to attack a lot to overcome my crappy defense and to crawl out of the cellar from last weeks 1,785 place finish.

Ill just say say I got attacked 432 times. :eek::(

The prior week while on vacation i literally attacked 7 times (1 each day) all week for a final rank of 1,785.

This week at some point I figured I'd go again for top 10, best prior was 7th. So I had to spend a ton of attacks just to get to 1,900 pts (I think I started at like 1,200 or something). So my attack numbers are going to be skewed high.

Agree about Badtastes team, that cyborg got me at least once, SK's Clairvoyant team had my butt 2-3 times too, and Carlos' wrath got me too among others.

I had a 4 man core team that attacked ~95% of the teams, with one other toon that I would sometimes rotate in.

Crazy how Prisoner is now just in the mix of toons, not nearly as prevalent as before nerf. Still waiting to get that elusive cat.

Glad Kamuz and Killhouse let me take 3rd, and GMAC is just a beast, and figured would be a good week to join team death squad. Congrats Carlos!

Just figures after burning thru some ironite another event that will require some additional burns.

Hats off to Jofer again for that stamina. Not sure how you kept it up for so long, my 47 year old body/brain can't do this week after week...although this week may have to be an exception. :p

I think i like like this point system better. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Coming up to anniversary of launch too right?

Cheers all!

HomemLivre
05-29-2017, 01:36 AM
Congrats Carlos!!! Its good to see you on the top too! You really deserve that!
And a awesome run for the 2º and 3º places!

Cheers!

FallenAngel666
05-29-2017, 06:50 AM
As I don0t have the time I used to have for playing, as I had a day off with my family and I took a very important gap from the very first positions in Rank, I guess I am gonna clean lists mercyless.
I apologise with my troopers as I usually avoid to attack them unless I got attacked first or I got rank interests, but this week I am am gonna hit everybody.

As for week 16. I am very proud of what i have done, I didn't " struggle" only against the usual worthy opponents, I also had to fight against a serious bug of my phone caused by the new abdoid upgrade.
For almost all the week I had crashes during battles that made me loose ( without playing) 1 match every 4/5.
I had to downgrade my OS to be able to use the bugged apps ( legacy included).

So to be able to reach Rank #7 playing " regularly" only one day got me very proud of what i have done.
I think it was one of my best arena's week. Even more satisfactory than when I struggled for the Eternal.

my stats? are pretty useless cause of the bugs :)

zdm-1083
05-29-2017, 07:31 AM
GG Carlos!

224 attacks
194 defs

Quite low def this week when trying with WickerMan, more than past weeks :]
But again more than 90% of win that's good.
And I couldn't not play last hours so I felt from #50 to #72 but that's OK as it was my goal this week.

I like the multiple defense setup even if I go with almost only one in front of all :]

MoonShadow
05-29-2017, 07:31 AM
Attacks: 176
Defenses: 156

The surprise for this week was the hold rate, altough it went down in the end, from a 41% to a 33%, but still is something good. I'm sure something happened in the first days of the week, when my defense was almost impenetrable, for a few hours, with 5 or 6 holds in a row.
Wish I see more of that, now the defense is at a 'normal' 20%...

Ubajoa
05-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Hey, thanks to everyone for the congratulations. Special thanks to Killhouse, Jofer, nicko and proginX666, nice support words guys thank you.

It was really hard for me to keep the 1st place with gmac running behind me, you are amazing. I couldn't catch a break on saturday. The other problem I faced was the inestability on the new android version, that had me lose a lot of fights.

My stats

Attacks 781
Defenses 464
Points 7021

gmac
05-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Congrats Carlos,

Very well done.

You manage your lead brilliantly, Friday night I started playing and was able to close the gap a bit, but after a while I realized that if you continued to play like that my chances were zero to get eternal.

Saturday was more to try an get a good buff over Killhouse and Canyptian and manage it. (and if by any chance you did not show up, I'd be there... lol)

By the way, Canyptian, very impressed and happy to see you up there. Put the Pharaoh too as champion, you and Bill deserve it.

Cheers
gmac

Oh, stats
622/412

Kamuz24z
05-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Congrats Carlos for the Eternal
478 attacks
348 defense
Rank 5

Ian
05-29-2017, 11:39 PM
Well done to Carlos. I ignored him each time he was on my list but I did eventually revenge one of his attacks and surprisingly managed a win, but I didn't really fancy going up against that defence more than once!

I led a charmed life for most of the week and only lost 2 battles. Was determined to improve on on the previous week and make top 50, and a decent run with surprisingly few inbound attacks in the last hour allowed me to finish #44 which is my best ever and I think OK for a casual player.

Final stats
Attacks: 163
Defends: 138

I am comfortable doing this many battles in a week alongside 50 troopers, but its a real big ask to try for 500 with a job and family which obviously come first. I reckon I will be doing well to get past 275 and I look forward to whatever shitty 3* souls I get as a reward.

mk ultra
05-30-2017, 09:52 PM
last week i finished in the 30th place
attacks 91% (276/302)
defense 13% (33/258)

I was aiming for top 25 but those 30 failed attacks really made the diference. in the last hours i got so many defenses that i barely gained 100 points from ~30 attacks.

this week i made so far 380 attacks but again my wins ratio is around 90% and i hope to finish in top 50 as i will not be able to play too much saturday.

Rodrigo-3281
05-30-2017, 10:10 PM
Last week's stats:

Attack: 248
Defense: 215

Best rank ever for me. Top 25 was too far away from me on Saturday so all I wanted to do was hang on for Top 50.

Grim
05-31-2017, 03:06 PM
Probably my most idle week in a long time, I was so fed up with some bugs that for a few days the idea of playing never crossed my mind.

Chaosego888
05-31-2017, 03:28 PM
Congratulations to Carlos for Eternal & to Canyptian for a hell of a run for the Podium.

Last week was a really fun week for me, didn't get much time to play early because I was getting ready to fly out to Baltimore on Wednesday morning for Maryland Deathfest. I didn't know if I was going to have time for anything other than playing troopers but ended up playing arena a lot between bands and during some also and at the hotel while everyone else was asleep... Apparently I am the only one who never sleeps! I lost several battles because of too much Jagermeister, several to APMA3 (nothing to do with signal, had a great signal in the city there) and 1 just because I forfeited so I could get into the moshpit during Seige for a few minutes. I played a lot Saturday morning and worked my way up into the top 10 before heading back down to the fest. I logged back in when Usurper ended and was able to play a few battles waiting for Exhumed to set up to finish 23rd. Luckily I had a couple days off when I got back to knock a dent into that 500, seems that a lot of us are already pretty close. I am at 367 as of now, return to work tomorrow so hopefully will still be able to stay in top 50 this week.

Stats for last week 350/297

DaveMurray
06-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Oh i forgot to post here.
Gratz Carlos for the eternal and to the rest in the podium.

Also a huge thanks to my lovely trooper Patrice who was unfortunate enough to loose a battle in the last minutes and i managed to get a top 50 spot.
ATK: 397
DEF: 344

Good luck this week to everyone.

Silentknight
06-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Last 2 days I have been able to re-revenge??? Match shows win or loss after playing like usual. Exit revenge list & go back in & shows never played?

Grim
06-01-2017, 01:38 PM
I have a question for those who hold regularly the top 250 positions, what is your defence wins rate? On one hand I think I have an acceptable offensive rate close to 90% but on the other I totally suck, my defense wins are usually around 13-17%, meaning I lose a shitload of points.

Enti
06-01-2017, 02:07 PM
I have a question for those who hold regularly the top 250 positions, what is your defence wins rate? On one hand I think I have an acceptable offensive rate close to 90% but on the other I totally suck, my defense wins are usually around 13-17%, meaning I lose a shitload of points.

Not much higher, believe me :) And as time passes, everyone's def rate is going down steadily. Except maybe Ringe's. That team is just out of this world. I thought of doing the same, then realized I'm missing 3 characters out of that 4 xD

zamasu
06-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Not much higher, believe me :) And as time passes, everyone's def rate is going down steadily. Except maybe Ringe's. That team is just out of this world. I thought of doing the same, then realized I'm missing 3 characters out of that 4 xD

I find Ringe's team easier to beat than yours. Once your team goes ape, no need to press buttons. I think you hold me three times in a row lol. All warriors with counter strike and xtra turn? Damn!

Enti
06-01-2017, 04:07 PM
I find Ringe's team easier to beat than yours. Once your team goes ape, no need to press buttons. I think you hold me three times in a row lol. All warriors with counter strike and xtra turn? Damn!

Thanks, I take that compliment. I started off with VE, did not work, changed to Pharaoh, did not work, only remaining Eddie I have maxed is Samurai and I always loved him, so I just let him try to shine. I still get lots of defeats, but at least the hold rate stopped decreasing, which is good.

Ringe666-7406
06-01-2017, 04:21 PM

Have to agree with Zamasu, team is easy to beat and my percentage is now down again... I was surprised to see that it held you, but I actually just switched some guys so you can try again ;)

Enti
06-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Have to agree with Zamasu, team is easy to beat and my percentage is now down again... I was surprised to see that it held you, but I actually just switched some guys so you can try again ;)

Well, as I laid out earlier in one of the threads, the most beautiful defense holds I've ever seen. Wrath going first - purge. CG stuns entire team. Rinse & repeat till dead :D Second time my Nomad survived the stun, but your Cyborg stole 3 power from my team, so Mirage was out of question. I'm putting together an anti-Ringe team tho, but it needs some QA :D

zamasu
06-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Thanks, I take that compliment. I started off with VE, did not work, changed to Pharaoh, did not work, only remaining Eddie I have maxed is Samurai and I always loved him, so I just let him try to shine. I still get lots of defeats, but at least the hold rate stopped decreasing, which is good.

Same here, I had VE and it didn't work, now I have pharaoh and it is not working lol. Next I'm going to try Cyborg. all I need is skillshards. Hold rate keeps decreasing as I keep attacking ... :/

Tritium
06-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Well, as I laid out earlier in one of the threads, the most beautiful defense holds I've ever seen. Wrath going first - purge. CG stuns entire team. Rinse & repeat till dead :D Second time my Nomad survived the stun, but your Cyborg stole 3 power from my team, so Mirage was out of question. I'm putting together an anti-Ringe team tho, but it needs some QA :D

Yeah, Ringe's team wrecks face when the RNG shines on it. I faced him 3 times yesterday and lost the first two because he went first and Wrath made the first move both times. Not much you can do when that happens. The third time, I went first and made sure to immediately exact my revenge on Wrath. :p

Ringe666-7406
06-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Ringe's team wrecks face when the RNG shines on it. I faced him 3 times yesterday and lost the first two because he went first and Wrath made the first move both times. Not much you can do when that happens. The third time, I went first and made sure to immediately exact my revenge on Wrath. :p

You're using wrong toons :P

Ringe666-7406
06-01-2017, 05:48 PM

We are both very, very unlucky, because you are almost only now who can lose to my def :D

Tritium
06-01-2017, 06:51 PM
You're using wrong toons :P

Haha c'mon man, you know there's not much you can do when your Wrath starts off the fight. :p A Prisoner or Sentinel Harpy are the only counters to your team I can think of, and I happen to have neither of them. Don't worry though, when your Wrath acts after your CG, there's no issue at all. ;)

Ringe666-7406
06-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Haha c'mon man, you know there's not much you can do when your Wrath starts off the fight. :p A Prisoner or Sentinel Harpy are the only counters to your team I can think of, and I happen to have neither of them. Don't worry though, when your Wrath acts after your CG, there's no issue at all. ;)

Yeah, I know... And I know that feeling for not having toons you want... I think I am the only one who has no Prisoner, no BCR and no GCR. And no VE as well, even after the event. And if AI was smart enough to perform moves in the same, wining order every time, I'd have 40% on def... Though my attack might fall a bit as well, but not that much.