PDA

View Full Version : General game play advice please

ShadowRising
08-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Morning yall, firstly i am a gamer, usually before getting TO far into a game i check the forum for hints/tips and so on, but this maiden was just to cool so had to start playing right away lol, so i think i might of messed up with a few things, firstly if you sell a char should you remove any talismans first, here lately just been selling new chars i don't want. should i keep powering up chars or just power up talismans and evolve them or all 3, is whicker man eddie worth evolving to 3 stars or raise a different 2 star char to 3. should i save my skill shards or use them to help progress a bit easier or save them as i have used a few in the past i hope on just eddie but i bet not. i have read comments about early game/mid/late , how can you tell where your at regarding this exactly. is there a link to the best eddies in order. at moment i have eddie/whicker/light speed. finding ailing sands pretty hard on hard mode at about the 3rd node/crystal, battlefield normal 3rd node/crystal. so i have just been grinding the hardest/highest exp battles i can pass right now to level up.

Qed
08-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Save the shards, the rest is quite irrelevant, you will have so much money and so many characters\talismans that you can do whatever you want.

Gonzo
08-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Morning yall, firstly i am a gamer, usually before getting TO far into a game i check the forum for hints/tips and so on, but this maiden was just to cool so had to start playing right away lol.
So i think i might of messed up with a few things, firstly if you sell a char should you remove any talismans first?
Here lately just been selling new chars i don't want. Should i keep powering up chars or just power up talismans and evolve them or all 3?
Is whicker man eddie worth evolving to 3 stars or raise a different 2 star char to 3.
Should i save my skill shards or use them to help progress a bit easier or save them as i have used a few in the past i hope on just eddie but i bet not.

I have read comments about early game/mid/late , how can you tell where your at regarding this exactly. is there a link to the best eddies in order?

At moment i have eddie/whicker/light speed. finding ailing sands pretty hard on hard mode at about the 3rd node/crystal, battlefield normal 3rd node/crystal. so i have just been grinding the hardest/highest exp battles i can pass right now to level up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you sell your character with talismans, they will be automatically unequiped and go back to your inventory.

You should max your characters and then upgrade your talismans.

Wickerman Eddie is really good and use your skill shards on your primary Eddie.

In order to see if you are early/mid/late game, use common sense... that usually works.

Every Eddie has it's pros and cons, but right now Soldier Eddie seems to be the best option.

PS: It wouldn't hurt if you hit the enter key a few times before you post... I'm not trying to be disrespectful but, Do you see the difference?

ShadowRising
08-06-2016, 06:04 PM
ok thanks yall, enter key ok rofl.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Talismans are more important than anything else, especially in the lower levels. Power up talismans first. You can power up characters by grinding or just wait. You don't want to end up stuck and unable to evolve your character too early on, either -it's very frustrating.

Jennie-5128
08-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Sounds to me like you're mostly doing the right things, ShadowRising.

Two mistakes I made that you can learn from:
1, press the little padlock on any characters you definitely don't want to sell & then you don't sell them by accident like I did with my soldier Eddie.
2, Don't use skill shards on any character you're not going to keep.

And just generally, while you shouldn't be afraid to sell characters you don't like, don't be afraid to give each new one you get a try either. You never know which ones will fit in your team/play style.

Vaseodin
08-07-2016, 11:37 PM
Sounds to me like you're mostly doing the right things, ShadowRising.

Two mistakes I made that you can learn from:
1, press the little padlock on any characters you definitely don't want to sell & then you don't sell them by accident like I did with my soldier Eddie.
2, Don't use skill shards on any character you're not going to keep.

And just generally, while you shouldn't be afraid to sell characters you don't like, don't be afraid to give each new one you get a try either. You never know which ones will fit in your team/play style.

Yes all of this. Especially the skill shards. They are very hard to get later on. In the beginning you get 6 or 7 pretty quickly so it seems like you can experiment with them, but later on you basically just get 1 per week (if you use your troopers a lot). So don't waste skill shards. Figure out your play style first and decide which Eddie is going to be you main one, and then start putting in the skill upgrades. Good luck, it's a fun game indeed!

ShadowRising
08-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Talismans are more important than anything else, especially in the lower levels. Power up talismans first. You can power up characters by grinding or just wait. You don't want to end up stuck and unable to evolve your character too early on, either -it's very frustrating.yea just finding this out lol, have eddie maxed at 60, and the 3rd of 2 more chars about to max at 60 to. but with the advice of all yall am very very close to completing battlefield now, thanks.

Jennie-5128
08-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Keep at it, Shadow Rising!
Oh, don't forget to unlock/redo the secret levels as often as you can - they give out WAY better goodies than everything else.

ShadowRising
08-09-2016, 04:41 PM
Keep at it, Shadow Rising!
Oh, don't forget to unlock/redo the secret levels as often as you can - they give out WAY better goodies than everything else.yup been doing that as well hehe.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-10-2016, 04:15 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should max your characters and then upgrade your talismans.

Talismans are the sngle-best way to boost your peeps. Plus, there's no penalty to unequip them and try them on several characters to see who they work on best. In fact, Gonzo even posted in another thread "I've said this since day 1... Talismans are the most important aspect in this game right now". Don't know why he's saying otherwise here. Talismans are the way.

ShadowRising
08-11-2016, 02:58 PM
thanks yall, whats the best buy/deal with trooper badges , curious of folks thoughts on this as well lol.

Dutch
08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
thanks yall, whats the best buy/deal with trooper badges , curious of folks thoughts on this as well lol.

get your shards, after that just get any souls as you got a week to accumulate more badges, with 50 troopers you can easily buy the lot inside a week and do the same the week after and so on, but definitely skill shards

Dutch
08-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Talismans are the sngle-best way to boost your peeps. Plus, there's no penalty to unequip them and try them on several characters to see who they work on best. In fact, Gonzo even posted in another thread "I've said this since day 1... Talismans are the most important aspect in this game right now". Don't know why he's saying otherwise here. Talismans are the way.

i always use gold for talismans as characters level themselves up during battles, i sell all my xp shards for gold aswell

Trystangst
08-11-2016, 03:09 PM
get your shards, after that just get any souls as you got a week to accumulate more badges, with 50 troopers you can easily buy the lot inside a week and do the same the week after and so on, but definitely skill shards

It goes contrary to the pokemon instinct of "catch em all", but it's true. A skill shard is a guaranteed boost. A rare soul is almost always another 3* waste and a loss of 8000 gold.

Dutch
08-11-2016, 03:11 PM
It goes contrary to the pokemon instinct of "catch em all", but it's true. A skill shard is a guaranteed boost. A rare soul is almost always another 3* waste and a loss of 8000 gold.

yep, although im due a good pull from a soul and its the most exciting thing for me at the moment, which only lasts for a bare second but hey

Dutch
08-11-2016, 03:11 PM
i just re read my last post and it sounds so wrong........

Vaseodin
08-11-2016, 03:24 PM
i just re read my last post and it sounds so wrong........

lol. I didn't catch it until you just wrote this.

Jennie-5128
08-11-2016, 03:43 PM
*cackle*
You boys

ShadowRising
08-11-2016, 03:55 PM
ok skill shards it is then after i get up to 50 troopers to do a bit of both.

ShadowRising-6281

kryton
08-11-2016, 05:46 PM
LOL Dutch