PDA

View Full Version : Def/MR vs HP scaling

Metalreaper13
05-29-2017, 11:00 AM
Currently running a blue allied soldier. Recently started moving from sorcery freezing, to power/arcane freezing, leaving magic the same, but health higher, therefore higher damage since his scales by HP. By switching out 1 talisman, I'm trading 114 MR for 1,142 Health. Is this worth it? If the ratio for health to def/mr is 10:1 then it cancels out right? Actually postively wouldn't it? Because then it helps my defense as well without touching the def stat. Should I focus on the health and take the hit to def or mr, or keep those and take a hit to my health and damage output?

Nine
05-29-2017, 11:57 AM
Just go for HP.

It is general consensus that Sorcery and Skilled Talismans are mostly wasting points on the overwhemlimg majority of all characters. Mysticals have their use and it is no coincidence that they are not trading off HP.

An exact calculation to which amount DEF and MGR are actually better than pure HP is not possible since we still don't know how both stats acutally work precisely, but one major advantage of HP is without a doubt that it works against everything, most importantly true damage attacks (which is especially significant in PvE).

If you are still making progress in the game I wouldn't use ressources on upgrading Talismans without HP (only exception might be an Onslaught Talisman to complete an invisible or theif set but I am not fan of them either).

Metalreaper13
05-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Just go for HP.

It is general consensus that Sorcery and Skilled Talismans are mostly wasting points on the overwhemlimg majority of all characters. Mysticals have their use and it is no coincidence that they are not trading off HP.

An exact calculation to which amount DEF and MGR are actually better than pure HP is not possible since we still don't know how both stats acutally work precisely, but one major advantage of HP is without a doubt that it works against everything, most importantly true damage attacks (which is especially significant in PvE).

If you are still making progress in the game I wouldn't use ressources on upgrading Talismans without HP (only exception might be an Onslaught Talisman to complete an invisible or theif set but I am not fan of them either).

Good to know. It bugs me a bit that we don't know exactly how the scaling works. Like is it better to stack more into health than magic when our damage scales to health, I've watched some back and forth on that, but at least that's slightly easier to get rough tests.

Generally I try to make my characters somewhat bulky, and play the long game, as I often freeze or stun the enemy and keep them from attacking me.

I currently use grim Eddie, blue allied, corrupt general, gold corrupt rescuer, and red troll. So I'm try to min/max those a bit better, lately has been making them hard to kill. For example my corrupt rescuer has almost 10k base health, and with talismans an extra 20k, making it tough to get through the Titan shield, and if something happens, Eddie revives. Trolls special helps get eddies ultimate in 1-2 turns