PDA

View Full Version : Throwing games?

Ezz
05-31-2017, 04:53 PM
I just logged in and I had been attacked 30+ times almost all of which held against the same player. It ranked me up from like 50 to 12.
Not cool- devs please adjust if u see fit.
My acct is EZZ-3216

Tritium
05-31-2017, 05:20 PM
We all knew this was going to happen during this event; it was only a matter of time. Saturday will be even worse when people scramble to get the last few fights in to get the highest tier rewards possible for the event. I doubt the devs will be able to do much about it at that point.

Ezz
05-31-2017, 05:41 PM
Yeah I know people might be attacking and force quitting just to hit the attack targets. Just not sure why this person chose to continually attack me as that influences the leaderboard

Fudjo
05-31-2017, 06:37 PM
We all knew this was going to happen during this event; it was only a matter of time. Saturday will be even worse when people scramble to get the last few fights in to get the highest tier rewards possible for the event. I doubt the devs will be able to do much about it at that point.

It would make sense to have a limit on the number of times you can attack a player. As one who's been hit by it, as well, it's a blessing and a curse. I got bumped up about 300 rating points, which launched me into the top #250. I doubt I'll hold onto that level, as my PVP team still isn't yet strong enough. The problems it causes, however, are that my revenge board got wiped clean and replaced entirely by my attacker, who I could only attack twice before getting the "can't revenge" notification. Also, because it jacked up my rating, it has made my subsequent opponents a lot stronger, making it harder to score coins.

IceManFerrar
05-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Yeah I know people might be attacking and force quitting just to hit the attack targets. Just not sure why this person chose to continually attack me as that influences the leaderboard

Speaking about force quitting the game, there were two matches which I played earlier this week, where the other team went first and nearly wiped out all of my team before I even had a turn (they usually had a darn AoF). Anyway, I force quit those two games rather than continue playing a match which I was 100% going to lose, and I then noticed that those games were not counted against my total games played.

Not sure if it is a bug or meant to be that way, but folks should be warned about force quitting the matches and not getting those counted against their tally.

slauki
05-31-2017, 08:45 PM
it's a matter of wrong motivation. we should put in sheer numbers not quality at all. that's why this kind of things/cheats are rewarded. it's a balancing act since new players should also have the possibility to get the best rewards even they loose a lot.but instead of 500 fightsin total 350 won fights would be more appropriate to get a fair competition. we had the same with sparton 300 not sure why they didn't learn from it this time...

Fudjo
05-31-2017, 10:14 PM
it's a matter of wrong motivation. we should put in sheer numbers not quality at all. that's why this kind of things/cheats are rewarded. it's a balancing act since new players should also have the possibility to get the best rewards even they loose a lot.but instead of 500 fightsin total 350 won fights would be more appropriate to get a fair competition. we had the same with sparton 300 not sure why they didn't learn from it this time...

Well, if people are gonna snort rails of ironite, that works out well for Nodding Frog.

The cynic in me thinks that the 5-star Eddie event and the "Coming Home" event are just ways to get us to blow all of our resources before a major launch (like Brave New World). With our ironite depleted, there'd be the incentive to spend actual money for new game content.

The optimist in me is happy to get free stuff for playing a bit more than I normally do. EDIT: And if these events are a harbinger of a major launch, then great!

Lulero
06-04-2017, 12:19 AM
This event has this issues and some more. I'm more concerned about how a chore it is the weaker you are.

Last time the same event went on it was hell for me, and bet this time it was hell for a lot of people still. Not to most who post here obviously, but to the silent majority.

This time around I enjoyed it a bit. A bit only though. I think regular PvP rewards should be disabled during event, all matches worth the same iron coins for everyone win or loss. Match making entirely random.
It would just be about playing enough, and without ranking 1) the issue at hand wouldn't be one and 2) people would probably showcase some fun defenses.

My 2c

FallenAngel666
06-04-2017, 01:03 AM
This Event made fro one side arena more challenging from the other made a mess of people randomly attack or using autoplay just to reac an amount of matches. It s the good and the bad of the event itself

Lulero
06-04-2017, 05:43 AM
The bad side of event ... Could be avoided imo.

See my last post and its suggestion, what'd be wrong about drop'ing the competitive aspect during that "arena festival" event?

To those who like to compete during this week as well, as I did this time, I beg of you to picture the other side of the coin. It's hell for those who are still building up a team, and that's the majority of the players. The silent majority but still.

Let's make it so everyone can enjoy or abuse the system (still spending real money mind you) without any consequence. Still requires SoW for a match, but random match making, win or loss you get same amount of iron coins (dunno how much), no ranking.

That ffa arena could be permanent btw. Whenever you feel like trying something you could go there, and fight resolved here would count toward event as well. Rules as listed above.