PDA

View Full Version : Soul Claiming

CanadianGoldenEagle
06-03-2017, 05:07 AM
Am I the only one who hardly gets any 4* or 5* characters from within the Rare Souls? Even with the Legendary Soul I have only got a 4* character.

Is there a knack to getting them as I see a lot of lower level players who have teams with a lot of 5* characters. I know they're probably paying loads of moolah to get the souls (something I refuse to do anymore as I've already spent more than enough on the game with little to show for it) but there must still be a knack or method.

Browno
06-03-2017, 07:32 AM
Nope. Just luck

Kardas
06-03-2017, 07:49 AM
RNG is a fickle beast (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5633-Dropchance-estimation-of-Rare-Rare-GA-Legendary-Souls&p=40185#post40185)

We've all had stories of bad luck with the souls. Haven't had a single 5* from Legendary Souls yet, and I hadn't gotten a 4* from Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls until last month

Personally I like dropping Rare Souls in large bunches (at least 10) to lessen the inevitable feeling of disappointment

blackbolt
06-03-2017, 08:39 AM
I feel you mate, my last legendary soul was a dupe Sentinel Golden Son, and i lack A LOT of better toons...the worst thing it's not the poor droprate, but the incredible amount of dupes that i get, the Eddie event was a "dupe only" pain...i don't even get mad anymore, it is what it is, i tend to do the opposite of Kardas and throw one soul at the time because if i get no red eyes in a 10 souls pack it burns too much =D

cheers

thealchemist
06-03-2017, 11:16 AM
My experience is similar. I have had four 4* toons in total from all the rare souls I have used, including a purchase of the 10 soul megapack early on which yielded me a big fat zero there. First one I got from a rare soul was a dupe (warrior bomber boy) which I originally recieved from a legendary soul I bought as soon as I had enough arena coin so that was nice..... Like most I get lots of dupes, such as Warrior Golden Sun, never a Magus or Sentinal GS :( I've lost count of how many Corrupt Owl Cultists I've received. Best toon I have received out of a rare soul was the Magus Corrupt Rescuer which I got recently after about 2 months of playing. Just in time for the recent Arena event thank god. I've received one 5* toon (pharaoh dog king) from a legendary soul out of 3 in total and by the sounds of it I probably did well there.

CanadianGoldenEagle
06-03-2017, 12:12 PM
My experience is similar. I have had four 4* toons in total from all the rare souls I have used, including a purchase of the 10 soul megapack early on which yielded me a big fat zero there.

There's another item which isn't good value at all - even though there's no monetary value in the real world. If you read the descriptions of the Rare Soul items in the stores it is:

1 Rare Soul - 75 Ironite - *Guaranteed* 3 to 5 star character
3 Rare Souls - 225 Ironite - THREE attempts for a 3 to 5 star character
10 Rare Souls - 675 Ironite - TEN attempts for a 3 to 5 star character

Yes, on paper it looks good value as you're paying for 9 souls and getting the 10th free (the 3 soul pack is only 3 x 75 anyway so no value in it) but when you check you have only 10 attempts at the 3 to 5 star character - it's not a guaranteed 10 x 3 to 5 star characters. Personally I purchase the single souls, even if buying 10, so then I'm guaranteed to get a 3 to 5 star character out of them all. I can totally agree about the duplicates though, I used to keep them but now claim the souls and then sacrifice immediately to see what I can get.

thealchemist
06-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Well I put it down to being a rookie mistake.....
They were all 3* characters so that is still a guarantee I would have thought.... just no 4* star or above which was the disappointing part. I think the wording is changed so maybe people don't think they have a guarantee on getting one of those sweet Eddies I am still hoping for...

Kardas
06-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Correct; in the earlier days (July-October) I still purchased the Rare Soul 10-packs and I always got 10 3-5* characters. I get your point, but you are buying 10 Rare Souls, and these things are confirmed to drop only 3-5* Warrior/Sentinel/Magus characters.
Their wording certainly is confusing though.