PDA

View Full Version : PvP Week 17 - Statistics and Discussion

Nicko
06-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Coming Home has ended!

Congrats to Jofer for another well deserved Eternal spot! Kamuz pulled third, and there was an exciting last-minute race between Carlos, ShaolinLondo, and Fallen Angel for fourth and fifth, with Carlos and Shaolin prevailing in the end.

Lots of wackiness this week

APMA - Maclo’s evil stepchild. Damn – I have the occasional crash or bugginess each week, but things were a little nutty with this event. Definitely some frustration heard on the forums – hopefully this settles down with the inevitable decrease in traffic this week. But if there’s another event like this those errors need to be reigned in.

Thrown fights. There was discussion before the event started about how some were going to throw some fights to get points easy. Well – it happened. I had at least a page or two of thrown fights from the same guy Friday morning. I pm’d Sparton about it telling him to adjust my points if needed and here was his response:

“it technically meant you were probably had an easier time to get a higher ranking this week than you would have been, but since we didn't see inflating happening to an excessive scale when it was happening (at least from the data I was able to look at), we didn't take any action on you or the other player.”

So while it didn’t affect the rewards – it certainly could have if it had continued. Jofer complained about the same issue yesterday when someone did the same thing to him.

Sparton posted in the Coming Home thread:

“Undeniably a flaw in the system, yes. A sobering reminder for the management why I keep pushing to ensure the fix for that is in the next major update (and I guess the timing of the lead programmer coming in to rectify the situation at the end of the event a further reminder). I think one of the programmers was literally working on the safeguard for this on Friday, so I'm confident we'll have that bottled up relatively soon.”

That’s awesome news – and shut put an end to this big potential cheating loophole that was called out by Slauki months ago (and executed by Clint a few weeks ago)

The Eternals

They’re starting to appear in defenses and that’s pretty cool. My defense is the best it’s been in weeks (thanks for the kind words Bad Taste!) and both ChaosEgo and Carlos are using Eternity Eddie. I think we’ll see more Eternals this week as many were able to cash in their fragments on Saturday.
Hopefully they do something about the loser of the bunch – Beelzeboob. I don’t think we’ll be facing him in the arena any time soon ;)

As far as numbers, mine were as follows:

Number of attacks made: 661

Number of attacks on me: 580

I began clearing lists like crazy over the first weekend (there was a Monday holiday here in the States) – then targeted those above me midweek – then went back to lists near week end. Kind of a combo of my Beta approach and my recent (annoying to the those at the top ;)) approach. The strong defense helped. And the couple pages of thrown fights helped.

I can’t see myself playing this much over the summer – just too much going on here in Chicago – but it was great to dive in again and thanks to the developers for these awesome events. They really are appreciated.

Thanks all!

Lulero
06-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Congratz Jofer!

Since I made top 25 figured I'd start sharing numbers:

Attack: 502/529 (95%) ... Some losses to crashes, but most of them being legit.
Defense: 61/462 (13%) .... First 200 had 0% hold, ran a dummy defense for everyone to enjoy a quick win now and then.

Also was 8th until last half hour when I managed to play only one match.

Silentknight
06-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Attack-533
Defense-464
Rank-13
Added a few matches to be safe. Would have liked to played more but WAY TO MANY ERRORS!!! Starting to get pissed...running out of character slots too. Sacrificing has become a pain in the ass!

BG840
06-04-2017, 01:42 PM
ATK-534
DEF-474

Hail the Mighty King Jofer!! I'm beginning to think you're possibly a mutant! Lol

Respect to all who powerslaved the 500 or above. Easy goal? Maybe for some but a little too much time for me. With the many errors that complicated the event maclo,ampla orwhatever, and the whacked out to just plain cheating of buffs and debuffs Sparton and the dev team should have all the data needed to fix these issues. One would hope. All in all great event with great rewards imo. Can't wait to see what the next announcement holds. Keep up the good work!

Coletrain
06-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Attack: 518
Defense: 451

Knocked out around 200-300 battles last Sat/Sun/Mon to give myself a headstart, then just coasted the rest of the week to ensure that I got 500 for the event. A mad dash for rank 10 at the end, props to those that made it and to those who completed 500+ battles while staying competitive. Certainly a more frustrating week of PvP than others given the prevalence of APMA errors. I hope that events like these serve as a "stress test" for the servers that give the developers some good data to work of off.

Aside from that, as more players acquire new characters we're starting to see some different PvP defensive teams than usual which is a welcome sight for us grinders. Now the issue becomes character slots. I know that I've got a bunch of rare/colored souls to open but have been holding off because of a lack of slots to accommodate new characters. As people open their legendary/eternal souls, I feel like character slots will once again be a topic of discussion.

Ian
06-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Att. 289
Def. 256
Rank 137

No way was I going to do 500, I don't have time. Set a goal of 275 as realistic and managed to get it, with a couple of extra matches to cover some draws - I know I could have conceded those but it felt wrong. Played each match to win but didn't mess with team selections much.

Bit surprised by how many people came out in force for this event and I reckon we'll see a few more people taking arena seriously now.

Finally, got my eternal soul and thank god it was Clairvoyant and not f'n Beelzebub. Figuring my luck was in I bought a Magus soul from the arena store and got Carriage Rider Eddie - bonus.

Shaolin85london
06-04-2017, 03:25 PM
Att: 990
Def: 829

Point: 6076
Final rank: 5

Have to say that for the first time this week I had experienced APLO and co error crash., probably due the busy activity in arena.

Congrats to Jofer for the eternal. GG
Cheers!

MrFreeze
06-04-2017, 03:28 PM
577/510

Glad it's over. Reached my goal and still have 1200 ironite in the bank. Happy I can go back to playing pvp casually and work on LoL more. My roster still needs a lot of work.

PerthEddie
06-04-2017, 04:09 PM
I don't mind giving my percentages:

Attacks: 434/510 (85%)
Defence: 95/453 (21%)

I said last week I didn't have the time, inclination and energy to manually play 500 battles and that I would auto play. I manually played every single battle. I got a bit fed up with it all midweek but got my 2nd wind and managed to do all 500. I put the next part of this post in the event thread but it is worth saying here as well. Just about managed to cling to a top 250 spot. Finished at rank 233. I know that might not mean much to most of you but for me it was a big milestone to target. I have always been a bit "scared" of PvP as I always thought I lacked the right chars to do well in it. While I still think I lack what is needed to get top 100 and above this week showed that I can do reasonably well at it and have no need to be "scared" of it any more.

I have so much respect for Jofer, Nicko, Gmac, Enti and all my Troopers and other guys who are fighting it out every week to get the top spots. This week has shown me how much time, effort and dedication you need to put in to get there. I salute you all and congrats to my Trooper, Jofer, for taking top spot again

R1ck
06-04-2017, 04:16 PM

Hope devs fix their servers for next event like this.

LandCrusher70
06-04-2017, 04:32 PM

Hope devs fix their servers for next event like this.
Good God! Those stats are sick!
My team sucks....
539/618 87%
87/549 16%

slauki
06-04-2017, 05:04 PM
attacks 278
defenses 248

it was annoying as hell the last two days. many errors in pve and pvp. game was never so instabile as i stated before. the problem is, i still got many error messages while swiching pvp screens, some blufro when removing troopers and stuff like this. please devs think about stability when planing the next event like this.

one thing that bugged me a lot was the missing rewards from pvp. no gold, no sot no ironite. the guys with 500 matches would at least got 100-200 ironite back with the rewards, so this is a huge issue!

anyway i loved the two events despite the problems, so let's hope for more of these soon!

Nicko
06-04-2017, 05:14 PM
anyway i loved the two events despite the problems, so let's hope for more of these soon!

Absolutely. Things can get stale and these were great motivators to play while we wait new content.

Tridimensionale
06-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Well, Jofer showed once again who is the best.. congratz !
Nice to see Nicko in top 2.. still hoping see you Eternal one day :)

My Stats:

Rank 49
5104 points
Attack 91%(504/553)
Defence 10% (50/480)

First time in top 50 for me.. and not an easy task with the many errors (maclo,APMA, reboot ecc..) i had on friday & saturday..
My attack has now a good % to win against top players like Jofer, GMAC, Kamuz, Killhouse, Fallenangel and others.. while only 2 weeks ago i couldn t match none of you guys .. so i m pretty happy :D
My defence still lack of somethin (shell talis i don t have and synergy between the toons i think)

Congratz to all who made it to 500 and manage to play all 50 troopers daily ! (that was the real challange xD)

BadTaste
06-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Congrats to Jofer, Nicko and Kamuz for filling the podium! Well done!

My stats att/def: 511/451
Ended #29

I managed for me the impossible, busy working and pulling off 500+ PVP battles. I probably won't do it again. I lost motivation during the week as I was faceing APMA3 errors and countless suddenly game freeze for 1-2 sec and then the game force quit. I have to start the game manually again. (If others are having the exact same freeze->force quit it would be great to hear, as I'm not sure if the issues others are having are exactly the same as mine)

Kudos to Nicko and Carlos for their defence team. I was slaughtered by their teams and it was fun!!! I enjoyed watching their teams at work if they went first. Had to come up with a new strategy to beat them. It's always fun facing new challenges imho. They were the highlights of my more or less frustrating PVP week.

Carlos, I liked your team even more when you had Eternal Eddie instead of GRE...

See you in the arena!

Nicko
06-04-2017, 05:41 PM
Well, Jofer showed once again who is the best.. congratz !
Nice to see Nicko in top 2.. still hoping see you Eternal one day :)

Thanks! - haven't been Eternal since beta - but may have to wait until both the weather turns cold (cause I like being outdoors in the summer) and Jofer gets bored ;)

Nicko
06-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Kudos to Nicko and Carlos for their defence team. I was slaughtered by their teams and it was fun!!! I enjoyed watching their teams at work if they went first. Had to come up with a new strategy to beat them. It's always fun facing new challenges imho. They were the highlights of my more or less frustrating PVP week.

Carlos, I liked your team even more when you had Eternal Eddie instead of GRE...

See you in the arena!

Thank you!

And I agree about Eternity Eddie - it was a very cool team - but with the lower DEF and MR he's a little more fragile than GRE. Not to mention GREs damage is just insane - along with the higher special for quicker fury - so I get why he made the switch.

A Trooper of mine - Chaosego - has some cool Talismans on Eternity Eddie that are no longer available - Resistance and Resilience. They beef up Assassins with some more HP, Def, and MR and will make the class more usable once we can farm them in BNW

Sag7272
06-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Since stockpiling skillshards is my new occupation I decided to give a go to the coming home 500...
Was such a drain, used to do it weekly... Just can't imagine how I pulled it now lol

502/448 & pretty far in the standing :)

Nicko
06-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Since stockpiling skillshards is my new occupation I decided to give a go to the coming home 500...
Was such a drain, used to do it weekly... Just can't imagine how I pulled it now lol

502/448 & pretty far in the standing :)

Hey man - great to see you back!

And yeah - haven't fought like this in a while - hope all is well!

Askora
06-04-2017, 06:32 PM
513 attack/455 defend, ranked 225. Managed to get that sentinel allied soldier we all hope for with the rare soul.;)

Congrats as always to those who came out on top. Get my eternity soul once event awards are in. Not sure how some of you manage the great win rates, but maybe will get a chance to test out some of my new toons and put together a better offense and defense this week.

Been a good two weeks for me, three new 5* Eddies, aop, aof, prisoner, assassin nbol and a several other new toons. RNGesus has been smiling on me. Only downside is trying to come up with skill shards for all of that.

Sag7272
06-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Hey man - great to see you back!
And yeah - haven't fought like this in a while - hope all is well!

Will try to pass by the forum more often... Even if PvP is not for close future, everything is fine here.. just not much time for LotB pass troopers as of late :/

Nicko
06-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Only 10 fights in to the new week and got my first APMA error as I put the finishing blow on Haudrauf.
My fear here is these errors are NOT related to the event last week - or if they were the effects continue to linger - so could be another rough week.

IceManFerrar
06-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Congrats to Jofer, Nicko, and Kamuz, with the latter two being my Troopers, so I am very happy indeed for them!

I am in amazement at some of the stats, and especially folks like Ian who played 250 matches or so and still finished just outside the top 100.

I played over 500 matches, but lost quite a few fights to Jofer and Derek while trying to clear my lists, which cost me big points. Next time will learn my lesson and just refresh the list instead of trying to get the 2 free SoW...stupid (and stubborn) of me, but I was also trying to learn and try different toon setups to see how to beat their defense teams. Hats off to them for some awesome defense teams.

Anyway, my stats are as follows:
Attack: 89% (479/540)
Defense: 7% (35/478)

Not having Shell or Immunity Talismans really affect my gameplay and defense teams, so have to just accept it for now.

Congrats again to all of you, especially the top 5...well down, guys!

Chaosego888
06-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Congratulations to Jofer on yet another Eternal.

Tons of APMA errors this week. Out of 36 losses, about 20 was due to APMA3. 2 of these still awarded the win. I am also seeing other APMA errors before battles and when switching between screens that cause the game to restart. Already had several this week as well. The last APMA3 resulted right after a match that I saw a Magus Golden Son revive and sink straight through the bottom of the screen, never had to kill it the 2nd time. I was hoping to get Wrath this week to help my miserable defense but got another Eternity Eddie.

Stats

Attack 95% (674/710)
Defense 11% (62/586)
Rank 7

ShadowedLies
06-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Only 10 fights in to the new week and got my first APMA error as I put the finishing blow on Haudrauf.
My fear here is these errors are NOT related to the event last week - or if they were the effects continue to linger - so could be another rough week.

20 or so fights in so far with no APMA but have had 2 or 3 crashes. Jury is still out on server quality.

mjmxiii
06-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Congrats to the top 3, will be very cool to see a triple threat troopers podium this week!

ATK: 479/547 - 79%
DEF: 67/486 - 14%

So I was kinda lucky in that I maybe had two or three AMPA errors all week in arena with the same errors when switching screens like a lot of people had. However, very unlucky with in-match bugs. Strikes triggering after removal and reflected damage were par for the course. Strange how I grew to expect and accept it from the Legacy of the Bugs. How this has become acceptable to us all is beyond me. I guess the mechanics of the gameplay and the coolness factor trump all of the games shortcomings.

NF should really credit everyone for all those losses due to the AMPA3. It is fascinating how they continue to fall short on thier end and we all continue to thank them for this shit. LMAO! Thanks for letting us play 500 matches for an Eternal soul Nodding Frog! How about next time, you guys be more well prepared for the increased traffic?

Oh, btw... wrapping your heads around that source code and ironing out all those bugs.. that would be nice too.
:D

Jofer16
06-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Thanks everyone! And congratulations to everyone else on your spoils of war :) Last week was a crazy one all around, guessing this week will be a bit calmer haha

BonFire
06-04-2017, 10:41 PM
Attack 502 72%
Defence 87/455 19%

Rank 1579, but before I just let it happen, my highest was around 750. Not that high, but before this event I wa struggling to stay at Duelist 2. This lit a fire in my ass, but after we get our rewards and I get an Eternal, I'll be done until Night City comes out. I'm burnt out.

Tritium
06-05-2017, 02:42 AM
This week was a fun yet challenging ride. I'm still surprised I managed to pull off the 500 battles necessary for the top tier rewards. My stats for this week:

Attacks: 97% 541/557
Defense: 487

Had 3 losses from the 3-tap bug early in the week, ~4 from APMA errors, and the rest legit losses from creative teams and the annoying 2-turn stuns from explosive talismans.

Managed to pick up a Clairvoyant with my first Eternal Soul, so it will be fun to see how she performs this week. Still not entirely sure whether to bench my GCR for her since she isn't quite as survivable and lacks Endure, but her fury move is insanely good. Also, those pixels aren't bad at all. ;):p

Shout out to my trooper Bonfire for tackling the 500 attacks! That's impressive, man! Usually, I've noticed that you tend to lay low when it comes to PVP, so it was cool seeing you go all in for this event. :)

Dunny
06-05-2017, 04:33 AM
Still waiting on event rewards. Anyome else having this problem?

Browno
06-05-2017, 05:01 AM
24-72 hour after event ended they will show up as stated in the information of this event.

Dunny
06-05-2017, 05:04 AM
24-72 hour after event ended they will show up as stated in the information of this event.

Just making me nervous thats all haha 275 battles was a grind for me. :/

BonFire
06-05-2017, 06:34 AM
Shout out to my trooper Bonfire for tackling the 500 attacks! That's impressive, man! Usually, I've noticed that you tend to lay low when it comes to PVP, so it was cool seeing you go all in for this event. :)

Thanks man! Seen that we were getting eternity shards and I had the ironite to spend so I went to work. Think the best streak I got for wins was 22, and then I started losing a lot of coin tosses.

Congratulations on 22 as well!

Grim
06-05-2017, 07:57 AM
248/280
31/255
rank 865
it's a long way to the top :(
also I always "miss" the opportunity for a final rush at the end of the PvP week since on saturday night I have better things to do.

surfingwithdje
06-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Going first for the tier 6 i finally decided to do the 500 battles for the tier 7 (eternity fragments + skillshards worth that :) )

That saturday was really insane for me, i got 5 or 6 APMA error and was attacked like never in the last hours so despite of 50 extra battles i was just able to maintain my ranking Oo

Rank 17
97% 594/613
18% 95/538

i remember a kick ass defeat vs the R1ck's team, 4 sucessive loses, GG to him. He makes me understand a weak point in my attack team and now i use another one versus prisonner teams :)
Lesson learned in the pain lol

Managed to pick up a Clairvoyant with my first Eternal Soul, so it will be fun to see how she performs this week. Still not entirely sure whether to bench my GCR for her since she isn't quite as survivable and lacks Endure, but her fury move is insanely good. Also, those pixels aren't bad at all. ;):p

I also got her, i was very exiting because she was my most wanted with wrath!
I maxed out her immediately and tried her in different teams.
Sadly, nothing good for the moment, i can't use her in a defense team because she is always the first to die (even with the most defensive talismant set) :/

zdm-1083
06-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Hey Sag long time no see, I wonder how many shards you manage to get :]

Edith: forgot the congratz to Winner :]
GG Jofer :P

Same here, so many error beginning of the new week, that's a bit annoying as hell.
I don't speak about last week, with the event at one point I was in the mood to give up the 500.

502 attacks at 90+%
443 defs at 10% hold

My def sucks and it will not improve that much in the coming weeks as players are use to it and I did not have any game changer :]
With a 15-20% def hold I'm part of #50 easy way.

And with RNG as it is now: beelzeblob, alliance general, tailergunner as last "good" RNG, I don't see the light ^^'

Enti
06-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Gratz for I think 3rd or 4th time Jofer for fighting like a madman for another Eternal.

Whether anyone likes or dislikes Jofer, he is undeniably the best player in PVP.

Main acct:
Attack - 98% 524/536 (8 of them APMAs/crashes, 4 legit losses)
Defense - 21% 96/465
Rank: 8th (could've made a rush to #5 but the 1 extra skill shard for 100-150 ironites is not justified from my PoV)

I started off with 1560 or so ironites, and finished the week with 1390 (after taking into account the daily free Ironites and the arena reward) so all in all not a huge investment for great rewards
Got Eternity Eddie from soul, for which I'm happy, and I will be able to open another one this weekend.

Alt acct:
Attack - 72% 206/286 (threw several fights when I saw no beatable opponent, no refresh & max SoW)
Defense - 2% 5/235 (pretty sure all holds are due to APMAs as I have Eddie only team to keep my score low for IC farming)

Gonna revert back to free SoW played, then Saturday rush for top 25 I think. Congratulations to everyone who had the persistence to sit through 500 battles, I know it's a lot of time invested for many players.

scott-5496
06-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Congrats to the three on the podium - well done guys and to the rest of the masses who battled to their own personal targets - I went for the 375 initially but got there by Thursday night so doing the 500 was OK in the end even with a full 8 hours doing family stuff with the kids and wife - it is possible to have a life/work and do the battles but saying that I am not sure I would want to do 500 again.....unless the prizes are the same or better of course!

Big well done to all the battlers this week - like others APMA got me a fair bit especially on Saturday - 8 proper loses to a few great teams and a few where RNG went crazy on me - stunned to death by an SSD twice and just could not budge as my whole team got hit before I could defend myself - still it is a sound tactic for sure!

Again, well done to all who went for their targets and good to see an event like this - we need these I think but maybe a bit more time between them maybe?

Stats:

Rank: 26 (was so close to top 25 but got rushed in the last five minutes and just missed out)
Attacks made: 519
Defences: 453

Sag7272
06-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Hey Sag long time no see, I wonder how many shards you manage to get :]

Hey, long time no see, happy to see you still competitive!
As for skillshards... To give you an idea, I'm playing with the idea of building my Rainmaker when we'll have our rewards..

*Edit* Forgot to congrats the winners too!

zamasu
06-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Interesting week indeed. I was jumping up and down in the list all week, mostly top 25. by Friday I was top 10 but then Saturday rush came in and I dropped to 55 (I think). I can never play on Saturdays due to work, that's why I always drop in rank by reset time.

I wish they would change the reset time to another day, not Saturday. How about trying a different day every week? or every month? that way we all have the opportunity to compete for the top and not only those who have nothing to do on Saturdays.

Enti
06-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Interesting week indeed. I was jumping up and down in the list all week, mostly top 25. by Friday I was top 10 but then Saturday rush came in and I dropped to 55 (I think). I can never play on Saturdays due to work, that's why I always drop in rank by reset time.

I wish they would change the reset time to another day, not Saturday. How about trying a different day every week? or every month? that way we all have the opportunity to compete for the top and not only those who have nothing to do on Saturdays.

Find a gamer friend and outsource the arena battles to him for a six-pack beer on Saturday :D Your rank increases while you work, s/he gets free beer, everyone wins

zamasu
06-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Find a gamer friend and outsource the arena battles to him for a six-pack beer on Saturday :D Your rank increases while you work, s/he gets free beer, everyone wins

Lmao, that would be a good idea. But I will have to spend the skillshards to improve his/her abilities so I feel comfortable he/she playing for me ;)

Caretaker
06-05-2017, 07:22 PM
I feel this was a week for testing point system that slowed down people from playing and to crunch some numbers. But definitely not a representative week for def rates due to thrown fights, errors and stuff. But got me out of 'garbo' archetype though, ever since benef removers were introduced hahaha

I put out full revenge crew then changed to some AoS defense... we'll see. Definitely not one of the op combo def teams, but I always had funny defs.

Anyhow, some good soul pulls for me last week so one can only hope it's not a fluke.

And congratulations to all for their accomplishments with a good hope you pull some op things out of it!

Kardas
06-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Not sure if my buggy results are anything nice but hey I'm a sucker for statistics.
First PVP week certainly was a heck of an experience.

Jofer16
06-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Of my 10 Eternal victories, I must say, this one is my favorite podium :)

Enti
06-05-2017, 09:26 PM

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

I knew you will do it. Haters, now you can go ahead

mjmxiii
06-05-2017, 10:20 PM

Yeah that shit is tight! Triple threat trooper podium. Congrats again guys

BonFire
06-05-2017, 10:26 PM

That's pretty awesome!

Bradata
06-05-2017, 10:31 PM

I think it might have something to do with the runes problem not being able to sell them and they just pile up. Every time I try to sell them I get exactly the same error as in PVP.

Bradata
06-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Congrats to the winners!
I can never play Saturday rush hour but maybe one day... :rolleyes:
Got 2nd Wrath from the Eternal pull :(, in a week or so I should have enough for a 3rd Eternal and if it's another Wrath I'll be pissed! :mad:

Purplepixii
06-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Gotta admit that image made me giggle when I saw it - nice one :)

mk ultra
06-06-2017, 09:27 PM
my stats for last week:

attack wins 91% (501/550)
defence wins 13% (63/485)

i knew i will not be able to play friday and saturday so i made a run for 500 in the early week. that was not so good for my rank but i am pleased that i made over 500 battles.
got also o lot of server errors, and i still got them this week. mostly apmas