PDA

View Full Version : Known Issues Moaning/Venting - Devs please ignore

Jennie-5128
08-07-2016, 08:18 AM
So I'm still having trouble with a known issue, & I went to the thread about it to have a moan this morning, & the thread is locked. From the mods'/devs' point of view this is sensible; they know about it, they're working on it, they don't need more people dogpiling them. From the forum users' point of view it makes less sense, though. If something is frustrating, a place to vent and bond with your fellow sufferers is helpful.

So I created this thread. It is intended to be a place for us all to have a good whine but one that Lamia & Matt don't need to worry about, because it's stuff they already know about and are working on.

Speaking of which....

kryton
08-07-2016, 01:14 PM
My work around for the non-resetting glitch is to go to your settings,open up the list of all your apps,chose the game and force-stop it. This has worked for me two weeks in a row.
Hope this helps.

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Omfg it worked! Thank you kryton !

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Also, hi Jennie! Good mornings. How is your shard search going?

Gonzo
08-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah... It seems to be a problem with cached memory. Since I reinstalled my app a few times this week I had all of them unlocked.

Vaseodin
08-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Man, sorry to hear it happened to you again! I think the Devs shouldn't have locked the topic. We can just open another one (like you just did). Plus, someone posted a workaround that seems to work and it can't be posted in the original topic! It would be useful to post that there as well...

Jennie-5128
08-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Kryton you're a GENIUS!
*goes to buy all the things*
*gets all 3* dupes again*

@Aurora, I'm getting there. I think I'll be 4*>5* able on blue first - and then all I have to do is decide between Allied Soldier and Carriage Rider Eddie... if I get Reds it'll be Run to The Hills Eddie, yellow my skeletal soldier dude who is my current champion, and purple the mummy dog. Green I really don't know. There isn't a green character I love enough...

Jennie-5128
08-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Man, sorry to hear it happened to you again! I think the Devs shouldn't have locked the topic. We can just open another one (like you just did). Plus, someone posted a workaround that seems to work and it can't be posted in the original topic! It would be useful to post that there as well...
I can see why the topic got locked - I used to mod a couple of forums - but you're right, it's unfortunate that Kryton can't now post his work around there :/

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Purple mummy dog is beast. Wish I had one.

Gonzo
08-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Purple mummy dog is beast. Wish I had one.

Buy 5 regular assassin souls... You'll get 3 :P

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 05:33 PM
I have a Green Bat and a green helicopter dude that's pretty cool, but neither one fits nor buffs either of my projected Red or blue party's, so they aren't getting the treatment.

Kulimar
08-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Weird, I thought this was fixed, because it started working for me again last week.

jpmusic
08-07-2016, 06:35 PM
You know... I'm really starting to hate the RNG in this game. So far I've redeemed about 40 rare souls and I haven't pulled a single 5* character. I don't even know what to say anymore, I'm at a point in the game where I can't continue without something more powerful and the fact that this is just decided by luck is awful. You know how much rare souls cost and the fact that I can get no guarantees that I'll pull a 5* character is terribly frustrating...

aur0ra85
08-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Most of us, even the people here who got a five star character, have been forced to grind out the shards to get our four star characters up. I feel your pain, but the answer seems to be the right set of talismans, and a party with good synergy to get three skulls on all quests, not necessarily getting lucky from the soul book. At the end of the day we all still have to grind.

Gonzo
08-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Most of us, even the people here who got a five star character, have been forced to grind out the shards to get our four star characters up. I feel your pain, but the answer seems to be the right set of talismans, and a party with good synergy to get three skulls on all quests, not necessarily getting lucky from the soul book. At the end of the day we all still have to grind.

I've said this since day 1... Talismans are the most important aspect in this game right now. Even more than synergy or "good" characters.

I also feel that this game is doing something terribly wrong, you either make 5* really hard to get or make the game super "grindy" so people have a hard time ranking his characters, NOT both. Unfortunately 5* are super rare and rank materials are hard to get.

I'm sure there are hidden gems everywhere, but because we need to choose carefully who to rank we are missing most of them. One of the two need to change.

What gives me hope is the current feedback that we have with the devs. They decided to post a lot more, that is something really important.

Jennie-5128
08-07-2016, 10:54 PM
I also feel that this game is doing something terribly wrong, you either make 5* really hard to get or make the game super "grindy" so people have a hard time ranking his characters, NOT both. Unfortunately 5* are super rare and rank materials are hard to get.

I'm sure there are hidden gems everywhere, but because we need to choose carefully who to rank we are missing most of them. One of the two need to change.

What gives me hope is the current feedback that we have with the devs. They decided to post a lot more, that is something really important.
Yep, agreed with all this. Especially the bit about hope. Vaseodin''s monster Mine is proof of the hidden gems.

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 12:56 AM
Yep, agreed with all this. Especially the bit about hope. Vaseodin''s monster Mine is proof of the hidden gems.

LOL.. Thanks. High damage + a decent heal = delicious!

jpmusic
08-08-2016, 03:41 AM
I've said this since day 1... Talismans are the most important aspect in this game right now. Even more than synergy or "good" characters.

Exactly, I know talismans can make a real difference. I agree, either the grinding system gets a boost or make 5* easier to come by :)

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Today I am having the thing where the game hangs looking at my team through the legs of the enemy.
This is v annoying. Apologies to any troopers who have missed out on their 25 points due to this :(

Also it looks like Kaijester has been hit by the login bug - his user name has become N/A on my trooper list. His Aces High Eddie is one of my fave things to play with :(

Kaijester
08-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Ouch so I lost all my Troopers...

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Oh wow! You're like the furthest guy along :'(

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 01:46 PM

RIP
Sorry dude!
Hope it gets fixed.

Kaijester
08-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Oh wow! You're like the furthest guy along :'(

Sob sob I was looking forward to be the first rank 100....I was at rank 84 when it happened.

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 01:58 PM
You're like the only one I've seen with either Tailgunner, aces high, or cyborg and you have all three!

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Genuinely upset about this, Kaijester.

* buys you a virtual pint *

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 02:01 PM
This has gotta be pretty embarrassing for the dev team... Is there anything they can do?

kryton
08-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your log in issues Kaijester, you have some AWESOME Eddie's there. Before your log in issue are you the luckiest trooper in the game as far as drops or did you spend a bunch of cash for the souls?
As far as the workaround goes I just found it by accident,I was having the same issue when the game froze. I force stopped the frozen game and just happened to look in the store and everything was unlocked WALA.
Happy to help any troopers out.
Feel free to add me as well Kryton-2586

jpmusic
08-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Damn! One of the greatest players in LOTB has fallen :( I'm so sorry man, this really must stop. You had an INSANE set of Eddies right there, more than any I've managed to get so far, hope you get everything back.

Kaijester
08-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Kulimar got more rare Eddies than me~*

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Kaijester, you're a legend-- You can't lose everything!

Matt_LOTB
08-08-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm in your thread refusing to ignore it. You can't tell me what to do - you're not me real dad!

This has gotta be pretty embarrassing for the dev team... Is there anything they can do?

I promise you that fixing this particular issue is the single highest priority for the team right now. We think our next update should cut off a number of the avenues that cause it, but it is proving extremely difficult to diagnose and resolve for good. There doesn't appear to be a clear way to reproduce it on demand. We will continue fighting this until we are sure it is dead.

-M

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm in your thread refusing to ignore it. You can't tell me what to do - you're not me real dad!

I'm not ANYBODY's dad :P

I promise you that fixing this particular issue is the single highest priority for the team right now. We think our next update should cut off a number of the avenues that cause it, but it is proving extremely difficult to diagnose and resolve for good. There doesn't appear to be a clear way to reproduce it on demand. We will continue fighting this until we are sure it is dead.

I'm assuming you've tried pulling down the curtains and impaling it on a cross, and the old faithful Running Water. What about a hawthorn bush?

... it's possible I have seen too many hammer Dracula movies.

Matt_LOTB
08-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Also, nobody locked the known issues thread - and as far as Lamia and Leviathan are concerned it's still open. See here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?185-Compilation-of-Reported-Bugs&p=4097#post4097).

Were you talking about a different thread?

-M

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Yeah, there was a thread specifically about the problem I mention in the first post of this one (weekly trooper purchases locking for more than one week) which got locked. I didn't want to clog up the known issues thread when all I wanted to do was have a whinge; you guys can use the known issues thread to find and announce/disseminate useful information. I just thought us plebs needed a place to vent where we wouldn't be taking up your valuable time with stuff you already know about ;)

Matt_LOTB
08-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Ah, okay. No worries - we were all just scratching our heads over here wondering which thread got locked.

-M

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 06:03 PM
So, in trying to save you time I actually took up more of your time? Ooops.

* goes and sits in the naughty corner *

Kaijester
08-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Kaijester, you're a legend-- You can't lose everything!

HOHOHO I'M BACK...I managed to get back my account by using a secondary mobile device with the game! Special thanks to Lamia too who helped to clear the data conflict.

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Congrats.
*claps*

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 11:41 PM
YAY! That's fab! :)

ETA: just checked, you're not N/A any more :) WOOOOOO!

Gonzo
08-08-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm calling HAAAAAACKS!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Welcome back, K!!!!!!

Kaijester The Unmodly/Unglitched

Trystangst
08-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Burdens of Sin - Madness.
Gotten to the boss fight 4 times. Had the "lost interface" bug 4 times. Grr.
Add this to the mysteriously locking Trooper rewards, and this is getting quite tiresome.

Kaijester
08-09-2016, 12:14 AM
Burdens of Sin - Madness.
Gotten to the boss fight 4 times. Had the "lost interface" bug 4 times. Grr.
Add this to the mysteriously locking Trooper rewards, and this is getting quite tiresome.

Okay I tested a battle for you and found that the bug is the same at Number of the Beast. At the second stage, do not kill the blue boys when their frost shields are up. If you kill them when the frost shield are up, the interface will not load at the next stage.

This bug is harder to avoid as there are two Magus Damned Children, would suggest Soldier Eddie Roulette to heal and gain powers, with two allies that have non attack power abilities to wait for the right moment.

Trystangst
08-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Okay I tested a battle for you and found that the bug is the same at Number of the Beast. At the second stage, do not kill the blue boys when their frost shields are up. If you kill them when the frost shield are up, the interface will not load at the next stage.

This bug is harder to avoid as there are two Magus Damned Children, would suggest Soldier Eddie Roulette to heal and gain powers, with two allies that have non attack power abilities to wait for the right moment.

Interesting. Tough part is I'm going for the 10 turns or less objective.

Kaijester
08-09-2016, 12:48 AM
Save fury from first round, unleash on 2nd round? Tailgunner Eddie works well here as his Fury can gain extra turns when you get a kill.

Trystangst
08-09-2016, 12:52 AM
I did get past it, in time, by using what you said. Thanks Trooper General haha

jpmusic
08-09-2016, 02:10 AM
Well that was fast ._. Congrats, welcome back!!!!

Qed
08-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Today 10 crashes, and 10 troopers lost. Great game.

Dutch
08-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Today 10 crashes, and 10 troopers lost. Great game.

that sucks man, i tend to farm the maps where i can just autobattle with having to deal with trolls and shields etc, takes me about 30-45 mins to clear my 50 troops every morning

Qed
08-09-2016, 01:50 PM
I do the same, had crashes in many different maps, even without shields (i know very well that issue), like sands maps etc...
More than a month since the release and the game has the stability of an alfa version, great work.

kryton
08-09-2016, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=Kaijester;4187]HOHOHO I'M BACK...I managed to get back my account by using a secondary mobile device with the game! Special thanks to Lamia too who helped to clear the data conflict.

"Raises His Glass" Welcome Back,now go kick this games Butt and get to lvl 100