PDA

View Full Version : High speed (or auto-play) LoL strategies

konstifik
06-08-2017, 02:57 PM
What strategies have you developed to farm LoL fast, or on auto-play?

For Warrior LoL, I figure that the revenges from the Newborns can take up a lot of time and figured out a way to avoid them while minimizing the number of moves you make from start to finish. The team is Magus Corrupt Rescuer (with fully sharded power move), Corrupt General (with fully sharded fury move), Warrior Axis Bomber Boy, Soldier Eddie and, lastly, Holy Smokes Eddie on the bench. The strategy is simple but effective. Freeze all the enemies in the first two waves to avoid revenges and then one-shot the boss. There are two important things to keep in mind, and that is to make sure to enter the second wave with at least 6 power and to enter the boss wave with a full fury meter.

Start with MCR's power move. When it's fully sharded and she has the accuracy buff from ABB, it will have 100 % probability to freeze all enemies. Thus no retaliations. I then use Soldier Eddie's Roulette move which usually gives both power and fury. If it does give power, you're golden and can proceed to kill off the enemies ASAP. If not, make sure to not kill them all in the first round (mistime attacks if needed), so that you build up more power. In the second wave, repeat but rather than making sure you have power you should now make sure you have full fury when proceeding to boss battle. I happen to have a Thief set on my CG but I don't think it's necessary for this strategy.

When up against the boss wave, switch to Holy Smokes Eddie and use his Prey move to lower MR and Ignite the boss (this move will never trigger any revenges, so you don't have to bother with freezing the enemies first). This build-up will allow you to then one-shot the boss with Corrupt Generals fury move. Done!

All in all, this strategy let's me finish Warrior LoL X in a total of 9-10 moves (depending on if I get any power from Roulette), without a single move or revenge from the enemies.

What I like about this strategy is, apart from it's speed and reliability, that it uses Eddies that everyone's got and that you don't even need to have talismans on those Eddies (and definitely no shards).

Edit: Have now tried this against Assassin LoL, and it's work good there as well but takes a few moves more since there is no affinity advantages for the magus characters. My CG doesn't one-shot the boss, but using MCR's power move in between Eddie and CG does the trick while avoiding revenges.

Enti
06-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Trimmed

Nice strategy you put together there. War ABB's passive is golden and there are several characters which can benefit greatly from that. I cannot try this out as I don't have CG still on my main acct, and I lack all 3 allies on my alt. I use a different strategy, but the two cannot be compared and I don't even want to, because of their totally different nature. Soldier Ed, AoF, AGS and Prisoner can tackle almost all types of LoL X (all characters maxed), and do it fast as I don't have to deal with resurrections and counterattacks. Minor problem is Magus LoL, boss can prove to be tricky there, so until I get a Wrath to replace my AGS, I switched AoF to Assassin NBoL for boss' ghost status removal and immediate victory.

Kardas
06-08-2017, 06:47 PM
@ konstifik: That's a pretty neat tactic! I usually play LoL manually because the high SoT costs mean it doesn't take too much time playing them.

I did need to automate during the Immortal Soul event though. The following team could do Assassin LoL X on auto:
-Navigator Eddie (fully Sharded, Assassin and Thief set)
-Gunner Golden Son (fully Sharded, Void and Thief set) (Assassin is also fine)
-Angel of Fear (fully Sharded, Health, Burn, and Rush set) (something other than Burn is fine)
-Warrior Undead Rescuer (no Shards, Guardian and 2 Health sets)

The setup is pretty simple. Nav, GS, and AoF wreck things, and the Undead Rescuer is high-health bait for when the team does something stupid on AI. Usually all 4 make it through, but at most the Undead Rescuer's dead on completion.
A fun thing is that Navigator's fully Sharded Dead Reckoning 1 hit KOs all Newborns and Golden Sons in that level. Prisoner is also nice instead of the Undead Rescuer so you don't have to worry about Revenge, and Desert Marauder's nice on manual for sniping.

@ Enti: I'm actually planning to do a write-up for the Axis Bomber Boys. Though between all the special events I haven't gotten around to testing and writing.

Enti
06-08-2017, 06:56 PM
@ Enti: I'm actually planning to do a write-up for the Axis Bomber Boys. Though between all the special events I haven't gotten around to testing and writing.

Looking forward to it! I am lazy to create guides and comparisons and such, but I do love contributing to them with my observations / thoughts / experience.

konstifik
06-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Nice strategy you put together there. War ABB's passive is golden and there are several characters which can benefit greatly from that. I cannot try this out as I don't have CG still on my main acct, and I lack all 3 allies on my alt. I use a different strategy, but the two cannot be compared and I don't even want to, because of their totally different nature. Soldier Ed, AoF, AGS and Prisoner can tackle almost all types of LoL X (all characters maxed), and do it fast as I don't have to deal with resurrections and counterattacks. Minor problem is Magus LoL, boss can prove to be tricky there, so until I get a Wrath to replace my AGS, I switched AoF to Assassin NBoL for boss' ghost status removal and immediate victory.

Yes, obviously The Prisoner is an easy time-saver if you have him :) I don't so I had to think of something else.

konstifik
06-12-2017, 08:01 AM
A great toon to have against both Gunner and Magus LoL is the Assassin COTD as he gain new turn on kills and inflicts permadeath to prevent the Golden Sons from reviving. With full shards and accuracy buff he is guaranteed to inflict permadeath. Haven't tried it but I think permadeath works against Magus LoL's ghosting as well. But I guess he is as rare as The Prisoner, if not even more rare. There are some others toon that can inflict permadeath, but Ass COTD is arguably the best.

As ghosting is a positive effect, there are plenty of toons to help deal with it by removing or stealing. Carriage Rider Eddie, Magus Corrupt Rescuer, Assassin and Warrior Newborns, Sentinel Undead Rescuer and many more.

Kardas
06-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Haven't tried it but I think permadeath works against Magus LoL's ghosting as well.

It does! I was looking at the Permadeath effect yesterday and that is indeed the case. It also ignores Endure, which makes it handy against Assassin Golden Sons too.

The most common toon that can inflict Permadeath is the Assassin Axis Bomber Boy, if I'm not mistaken. IIRC he has a 50% chance (75% if sharded) for AoE permadeath for 4 PWR

osiris0000
06-12-2017, 09:55 AM
For Assassin Dungeon i use:

Navigator Eddie (maxed) + Desert Marauder + Gunner ABB (Throwed 2 skillshards) + Angel of Fear (maxed)

They destroy everything without giving a turn on Lvl 10, %100 success with autoplay.

konstifik
06-13-2017, 07:02 AM
It does! I was looking at the Permadeath effect yesterday and that is indeed the case. It also ignores Endure, which makes it handy against Assassin Golden Sons too.

The most common toon that can inflict Permadeath is the Assassin Axis Bomber Boy, if I'm not mistaken. IIRC he has a 50% chance (75% if sharded) for AoE permadeath for 4 PWR

You're correct about AABB! That move also lowers def and steals fury, and if you can get accuracy up on a sharded AABB it will be 100 % to inflict Permadeath on every enemy. That's a great start to build a speed strategy for Gunner and Magus LoL. Even if you clear every wave in one turn, the power cost of that move is low enough to perform it against every wave without any extra power generation/stealing, as long as you don't use any other power moves.

(Though I'd argue that there are more common characters that can inflict Permadeath, for example the Desert Warrior, but I think they are all single target attackers.)

konstifik
06-13-2017, 07:04 AM
For Assassin Dungeon i use:

Navigator Eddie (maxed) + Desert Marauder + Gunner ABB (Throwed 2 skillshards) + Angel of Fear (maxed)

They destroy everything without giving a turn on Lvl 10, %100 success with autoplay.

I wish I had Navigator Eddie, such a useful Eddie for both auto and manual farming.

konstifik
06-14-2017, 08:37 AM
Trying to figure out a good strategy for speed manual farming of Magus LoL X, but haven't been able to come up with something that is as good my strategy for Warrior LoL.

IMO, the most important thing for a speed strategy is to prevent the Golden Sons from reviving since those animations take a ton of time. I only know three ways to reliably do that:
1. Employ The Prisoner to block their passive
2. Use Assassin ABB (with at least two shards on the power move) with Accuracy buff from Warrior ABB/Assassin Troll passive to inflict Permadeath on all enemies
3. Use Assassin COTD (with fully sharded basic move) with Accuracy buff from Warrior ABB/Assassin Troll to inflict Permadeath one Golden Son at a time while getting extra turns from kills

The drawback of the first one is that it shouldn't prevent the boss from ghosting, while the Permadeath strategies work against the boss too.

I don't have The Prisoner nor Assassin COTD so I've been working with a strategy around Assassin ABB. The hard thing with this is to come up with a team that includes both Assassin ABB and either Warrior ABB or Assassin Troll and still is able to both kill the first waves in one round and take out the boss in one round. However, it's pretty easy to clear the first two waves in one turn and then kill the boss in two turns, which I'm starting to feel is the best possible scenario here.

konstifik
09-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Edit: Since the recent update Magus LoL ghost status can't be stolen so there is IMO better to bring along a toon that buffs accuracy to get better chances of Permadeath for GGS.

Reviving this thread for a fast Magus X strategy. The essential toon here is Gunner Golden Son with his permadeath ability.

The team is:
Vampire Hunter Eddie
Gunner Golden Son - with chance (with this strategy, use will type if you have any) and assassin talismans, fully sharded
Angel of Fear
Allied General

The GGS is the main damage dealer here and, more importantly, has a good chance of inflicting permadeath on his golden brothers to stop them from reviving. The AoF is mainly there to give another turn to the GGS. The most important role for the General is to steal the ghost effect from the boss, but he also gives ATK buff and steal fury which is why he is preferred over other toons who can steal/remove buffs. The purpose of VHE is to use his fury on the boss to bring him down quickly with the massive damage plus the critical strikes to your other toons.

This strategy works very well and is very fast. If you're very lucky, you could finish it all in as little as six or seven moves, but around 10-11 moves is more likely. As it doesn't involve any power moves, 3-tap skills, Eddie subs or switches between past, present and future moves it really works fast.

I have been doing this with my Allied General who is unsharded and equipped with unlevelled talismans and still works fine, as his main purpose isn't do deal damage, nor will he need to sustain any hits. With a fully sharded AG with maxed talismans this might work well for autoplay as well.

Also, VHE should be totally exchangeable for another Eddie who can deal a lot of damage.

scott-5496
09-13-2017, 12:02 PM
I have the Prisoner and he is the most useful guy to have to help with speed and survival. For Magus LOL IX and X, I have a Sentinel team - Viking, Harpy, Prisoner and either SSD or ABB - sometimes I drop the Prisoner as not really needed here as the LOL passives just make it last a little longer - same result as none of my guys ever die or at least not for a long time! For Warrior I have a Sentinel team of GRE, Valk, Prisoner and Corrupt Rescuer - again I have not had a defeat this week with that team. prior to having the Valk I used either CG or Allied Soldier. For both Prisoner is a help as he also is on Gunner and Assassin. For Sentinel LOL I use a Warrior team of Sam Ed, Hellhound, Rocket Dog and Prisoner.

For Assassin I use a Gunner based team of Tailgunner/Soldier and Prisoner, COTD/Corrupt Rescuer and Golden Pharaoh Dog - the odd loss of a player or two but no defeats yet. Gunner is usually Assassin team based Eternity with Corrupt Harpy, Corrupt Rescuer, Prisoner or sometimes Wrath - I only do IX on auto here though as had one or two defeats on auto on LOL X. before Corrupt Harpy and Rescuer I used Prisoner, Wrath and Corrupt Ox Cultist - sometimes used Artillery Dog as well NBOL...again on LOL IX auto as got a few defeats on X.

I tend to do most of farming week about - one week on LOL and one week in story mode (Matter of Life and Death and Game of Death) so I can collect as much upgrade materials as I can.

Amarthir
09-13-2017, 04:34 PM
For warrior LoL I didn't play auto but I used
Navigator Eddie Fully sharded
Corrupt General Fully Sharded
Kari, Magus Valkyrie
Magus Undead Rescuer

You can get alot done with MUR's passive, Navigator's basic with chance talismans almost 100% sweeps the first two waves and it just takes stacking negative effects of the boss. For example,
1. Everyone is cursed from MUR's passive
2. Use All Hail from CG to lower MR and stun most everyone
3. Use Navigator's basic to take out the enemies.
4. Kari's basic will 100% Smite the Lord of Light.
5. Hit him with Magus Undead Rescuer's Haze attack and that OH-KO's him almost every time.

When fully sharded with a blue talisman build, Haze does about 32-34 thousand can't remember which, to the LoL. Mostly due to the Curse+Smite combination. I tested it and it does seem to work. If he has Magic Penetration, the damage hits 40k.

Keep in mind that my MUR hasn't hit his max level yet, so this is damage coming from 4* Level 80.

So that's my strategy for the Warrior Lord of Light, it doesn't exactly work the same in the Magus one though, that auto revive and ghost are really annoying, since curse doesn't carry over when they revive, it usually takes me 2 turns for them. But Haze applies permadeath so that's good on the boss. I wish I had a Prisoner though, he would make things much faster.

As for the Sentinel dungeon, well I rely on burns and marks to win in that one. Currently I use two Beelzebubs, Angel of Fear and Shaman Eddie with Echo talismans. Pretty easy to Auto farm with that team.

R1ck
09-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Last weekend sharded Navigator and used him to auto farm in LoL X everyday till today.
So, my team for all dungeons is:
Navigator
AoF
The Prisoner
Wrath

Don't think I change it for tomorrow's dungeon.

scott-5496
09-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Last weekend sharded Navigator and used him to auto farm in LoL X everyday till today.
Navigator
AoF
The Prisoner
Wrath

Oh I so would love a AoF....Navigator would be good too! One day I guess I will get them and a Cyborg and maybe even a VHE. I can wait....forever most likely!

Mariner-1212
09-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Navigator
AoF
The Prisoner
Wrath

Not sure what talisman setup you're using, but the Chance talismans on Navigator make him unstoppable in farming.

konstifik
09-14-2017, 01:48 PM
I find the Sentinel LoL the easiest to play, both for manual and auto, as there are no counterattacks nor any reviving toons, and they don't deal a lot of damage. So just stack up high damage dealers and stay away from using too many that have non-attacking power moves (like Assassin GS for example). AoF and The Nomad is a great pair for this, along with any non-magus Eddie that does decent damage (think VH, Tailgunner, Navigator, Cyborg, Samurai etc). The Nomad will one-hit-kill anyone here, so you are pretty much guaranteed the extra turn from AoF which in turn means The Nomad will take down another one, along with all your other toons getting hits in.

konstifik
09-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Navigator
AoF
The Prisoner
Wrath

Yeah, that's a team should easily autofarm any LoL X. Problem for me is that I'm missing Navigator, Prisoner and Wrath in my roster.

R1ck
09-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Not sure what talisman setup you're using, but the Chance talismans on Navigator make him unstoppable in farming.
That's right, using chance on Navigator and Wrath :)

Mariner-1212
09-14-2017, 02:08 PM
That's right, using chance on Navigator and Wrath :)

Right on, that's gotta make lightwork of everything. It's definitely my favorite of the new talismans. Echo would be if it hadn't been nerfed! I use echos on my AoF and that helps farming too... just not as much as it used to, haha.

Sidney
09-14-2017, 09:27 PM
I used to have a different team for LoL X auto and then I stopped doing auto because I hated switching out the teams every day and I could do it 2 or 3x faster manual. This team blows through the waves and the bosses with little to no effort. GRE first with his AOE hit. Then Warrior possessed rockets and then Assasin Child of the dammed for the clean up. That extra turn after a kill is priceless. He just goes straight down the line killing whatever is left. One key is The Gimp!! (Prisoner) No revive, no counter attack for the enemy. I finally pulled him a couple days before he was nerfed, but he is still useful for LoL farming.

All the toons mentioned above are fully sharded and maxed talismans.

Jofer16
09-14-2017, 10:21 PM
I used to have a different team for LoL X auto and then I stopped doing auto because I hated switching out the teams every day and I could do it 2 or 3x faster manual. This team blows through the waves and the bosses with little to no effort. GRE first with his AOE hit. Then Warrior possessed rockets and then Assasin Child of the dammed for the clean up. That extra turn after a kill is priceless. He just goes straight down the line killing whatever is left. One key is The Gimp!! (Prisoner) No revive, no counter attack for the enemy. I finally pulled him a couple days before he was nerfed, but he is still useful for LoL farming.

All the toons mentioned above are fully sharded and maxed talismans.

I just auto with the same team for all of them, wrecks stuff.

Navigator, AoF, Prisoner, X. X = troopers, Beezle for fun, or MCR for bosses with annoying buffs. Navigator is a PvE machine, AoF with extra turn just fuels the fun, while Prisoner ties their hands behind their back. Key to auto well is staying away from toons with abilities that waste a turn, SSD, etc.

Silentknight
09-14-2017, 10:35 PM

Navigator, AoF, Prisoner, X. X = troopers, Beezle for fun, or MCR for bosses with annoying buffs. Navigator is a PvE machine, AoF with extra turn just fuels the fun, while Prisoner ties their hands behind their back. Key to auto well is staying away from toons with abilities that waste a turn, SSD, etc.

I dunno bud, Wrath instead of AoF would b my choice! Extra turn is nice but with Wrath...no extra turn required!

Jofer16
09-14-2017, 10:41 PM
I dunno bud, Wrath instead of AoF would b my choice! Extra turn is nice but with Wrath...no extra turn required!

What is this Wrath you speak of? Beezle for fun! With 5 Beezles you can form Beezletron, secret game mode most are unaware of lol

Nicko
09-15-2017, 02:09 AM
What is this Wrath you speak of? Beezle for fun! With 5 Beezles you can form Beezletron, secret game mode most are unaware of lol

My favorite post of the day!!!!

Sidney
09-15-2017, 02:34 AM

I've got a fully sharded Navigator, but I have to say I haven't used him much... I'll give him a shot over GRE and see how it goes. He's one of those toons I knew I'd use and then never did. Ran a couple rounds with him and then went back to the tried and true. People rave about him so there must be something to it. I figured it was because they didn't have any better. I recently pulled my first Cyborg and would love to play around with that toon, but it seems my time gets consumed by using my troopers and running as many rounds of arena as I can. I miss the days when I worked from home most of the week. Easy to farm at work, but actually having to play is a problem... Friggin work... :-)

Sidney
09-15-2017, 02:35 AM

By the way... I agree with Nico!!! This is friggin' hillarious!!! LMAO!!!

R1ck
09-15-2017, 02:45 AM
I sharded cyborg long time ago and no regret it. He has been my farming Eddie since , even I prefer him instead of GRE. But using my trooper's Navigator made me shard him and he is just a beast with Chance talismans.

Sidney
09-15-2017, 02:50 AM
I sharded cyborg long time ago and no regret it. He has been my farming Eddie since , even I prefer him instead of GRE. But using my trooper's Navigator made me shard him and he is just a beast with Chance talismans.

Love it!!! Thanks!!! I've been needing to branch out for a while. Time to play with some toys that never got the love they deserved!!

konstifik
09-18-2017, 09:52 AM
The game keeps track of what teams you are using in different parts of PVE now, so you can have a special team (well, three special teams actually) for each LoL without having to swap toons every day. Pretty nifty!

Tried out a new auto-team for Assassin LoL today. VHE, Nomad, Gunner Golden Son and Desert Marauder. Works like a charm! With perfect hit, attack buff and critical strike chance (from chance talismans), the GGS usually kills the whole wave in one hit while filling up the fury bar to let VHE go bananas on the boss.

konstifik
09-20-2017, 08:27 AM
With the recent update (September 19th) the Magus LoL does Perfect Ghost so it seems like we are unable to prevent him from ghosting as well as from stealing/removing the ghost status. The only way I've found is to inflict Permadeath after he ghosted. So I changed my team for Magus LoL slightly, and it's one that can autoplay it with ease.

Gunner Golden Son with chance talismans
Warrior ABB (can be changed for Assassin Troll)
Angel of Fear
I'm using Vampire Hunter Eddie with immortality talismans but I'm guessing a lot of other non-warrior Eddies will do fine

The whole point of the strategy is to give GGS better chances to inflict Permadeath with the accuracy buff and possible extra turns.

A set of thorn shield talismans might also help here.

Update: This issue has been fixed in more recent updates.

konstifik
01-03-2018, 06:46 PM
FOTD, DM, Gunner Chopper and Magus Undead Rescuer just cleared Magus LoL X on autoplay in 23 seconds.

Yup
01-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Any character which can cast permadeth will circumvent the Ghost....

Assassin CotD
Aces Eddie
Astra
... or others....