PDA

View Full Version : PvP beer corner

zdm-1083
06-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Hi all,

I don't see a place where we could take a seat and speak about everything and anything about PvP.

So it's a bit early on my timezone but I begin.
/open the fridge and take a fresh beer. :cool:

Did it happens only to me than at some time it seems than you could not win a game?
I just lose 5 or 7 games over 15.
I do not own all useful toon for attack (no Prisoner, Harpy, AoF, Nomad,...) _but_ I manage to have more than 90% of win.

But sometime it is just like RNG is against you.
I don't speak about first to attack, I'm prepared to it, more when:
- revenge is triggered by all defense
- MGR did not freeze anyone (rly?)

Two options when it happens:
- I'm forcing RNG to be on my side by continuously playing until I give up
- I give up for some time

And you if you encounter the same what did you do?
Dancing around your mobile with some demonic song? :D

Kardas
06-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Hey zdm,
I don't have any beer within range so a mug of coffee will have to do. *cheers*

As a PVP noob, I totally see where you're coming from. I have none of the PVP Talismans, and I'm missing most of the worthwhile toons as well. Though my defense was bugged as hell last week (and still is :( ), it feels like my team does mostly fine until I start meeting a ton of Strike toons. Stun/tauntfests are also a problem because I have no Immunity Talismans or Hell Hound/Artillery Dog.

I did meet one of these stun/taunt teams in the early days of my PVP playing (like last Wednesday), who was last on my list, and could not beat. Because their team kept going first. Fortunately I had too much Sands of War lying around, so I could just spend 5 SoW, beat them, and continue on with the next list.

Although now that my SoW is back to normal, I'm not sure I would do that again.

Askora
06-08-2017, 07:41 PM
This is something I've encountered numerous times, and have brought up several times in the forum. Invariably I get the response that it's just the RNG, but I think there's more to it than that.

Up until the immortal event I called my team 'The Best of the B Sides'. I had some good toons, but very few with passives and none that made a huge difference. My pvp offense was GRE, CG, AGS and SGS to give you an idea. I've had amazing luck with the RNG, on souls lately, so my team has changed dramatically and I don't feel the burn when RNG tries to shut me down.

I'm still convinced there is some trigger that kills the accuracy on the offense and boosts it on the defense in pvp (probably in pve as well). Mine usually starts with Visions refusing to take anything from the defense. After that, if I use a rapid tap ability, I can't get the ring to hit perfect it just stays in the middle. That's when I know the RNG is going to try and shaft me.

In the past, I just played through it until it started working again. I still do pretty much the same, the only difference is I have better toons to get through it with. I've got a Warrior Axis Bomber Boy I'm leveling up right now, and I'm hoping to play around with him and see if he makes a difference when that happens.

Grim
06-08-2017, 07:52 PM
And you if you encounter the same what did you do?
Dancing around your mobile with some demonic song? :D

I swear a lot but I keep going.

Icarus
06-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Yeah, the RNG could be very bad sometimes (im trying so hard to don't say '' is a b*tch'')
Actually i got Total freeze 4 times on my game, total freeze is that i call when any toon freeze the entire team, same as with Stun.

Oh yeah also the fire, when you got about 5 fire/flame/burn marks and also an AoF on the enemy team.
I have experimented a kind of error/bug that the Game thought that someone on my team died (most of my team was with low hp in that atack) then the game did that and the enemy team got an extra turn with all my team alive.
I didn't had the chance to heal my team, and i was like ''what the f*ck just happened''. I didn't even bother to take a revenge from that lol ;).

Also one of the funny moments that i had on PvP was a time i had an Alliance General and Magus allied soldier and i went accidentaly to a fight i dind't wanted to go.
The other team was powerfull and killed my healer, so with a lot of energy i cast Reflect and Strategy, the other team had a corrupt harpy and and children of the damned, both of them killed almost all my team... or almost 2 of 4, before killing the last 2 of my team, by killing one of my last toon the other team just got killed by itself for the critical reflects and i won with my Soldier alive with about 1 of HP (there was no red visible, like if he had resistence).
I really thought that battle was lost until that final atack hahha.

DaveMurray
06-09-2017, 08:43 AM
I noticed that in the 3rd time that i try to beat the same team AI act stupid and let me win.. but yeah sometimes you just have to loss no matter what and it is really annoying.

zdm-1083
06-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Hi guys!

Week-end is almost there :o

Thanks for feedback.
Best for me when RNG is against me or when I suck is always to take some time to do other stuff...
Take a beer for example?! :D

I really thought that battle was lost until that final atack hahha.

Frankly, I don't give up anymore in any fight, I already win with only my WickerMan Eddy against 4 toons half life :]

I noticed that in the 3rd time that i try to beat the same team AI act stupid and let me win.. but yeah sometimes you just have to loss no matter what and it is really annoying.

Yes, that's another subject.
By some way, I using it in my fight...

You know that a SSD that go second will mainly use is power move whatever are toons with him.
There are so many other dumb AI implied...