PDA

View Full Version : True Damage (Split or All in 1?)

Metalreaper13
06-11-2017, 04:45 PM
When you guys use true attackers, like assassin golden sun or green harpy, their attack and magic are equal. So do you prefer to spec talismans more towards 1 or the other, do you still try to keep it as close to equal as you can (maybe you're OCD about it, I am), or do you find it doesn't change anything so you just throw whichever versions of talismans on them to get them ready faster? I'm not sure if it's even better one way or the other

Silentknight
06-11-2017, 04:47 PM
When you guys use true attackers, like assassin golden sun or green harpy, their attack and magic are equal. So do you prefer to spec talismans more towards 1 or the other, do you still try to keep it as close to equal as you can (maybe you're OCD about it, I am), or do you find it doesn't change anything so you just throw whichever versions of talismans on them to get them ready faster? I'm not sure if it's even better one way or the other

Either or...true damage scales off both

Kardas
06-11-2017, 04:52 PM
For the most part I like keeping my ATK and MAGIC stats as similar as I can for both true AND random damage. Note that purple Talismans will always be the better deal for these characters compared to blue and red Talismans because essentially the purples are the red and blue rolled into one (offset by most of them being 3-sets, but that's an acceptable trade-off).

There are some special cases I like to nudge certain stats one way:
- Cyborg Eddie:

Just a heads up to all Cyborg owners: I ran some tests with talismans and discovered that Cyborg's true damage attacks scale more with Atk than Magic. I kept swapping his yellow talis between full Bulwark and full Will and Cyborg did ~2k less damage with a full Bulwark setup. Keep this in mind when you choose your talisman setup for him.
- The Assassin Possessed Mine does deals physical and magic damage together, but his Power move scales via his MAGIC so the Health Talismans I have on him are Wards.
- For Navigator Eddie (he does random damage), I decided on 2 Will 1 Bulwark instead of the opposite due to Scourge's chance for lowered DEF.

I'm also planning to take a look at the Warrior Axis Bomber Boy (aka the only true damager whose ATK and MAGIC are not identical) to see how compensating for one stat or another affects his damage output

Metalreaper13
06-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Either or...true damage scales off both

I kinda figured it would, but wasn't 100% sure, as when I tried a quick test, there was a difference of a couple points. I was just curious how others tend to spec characters, gives me an idea on how other people tend to think

Metalreaper13
06-11-2017, 05:15 PM
For the most part I like keeping my ATK and MAGIC stats as similar as I can for both true AND random damage. Note that purple Talismans will always be the better deal for these characters compared to blue and red Talismans because essentially the purples are the red and blue rolled into one (offset by most of them being 3-sets, but that's an acceptable trade-off).

There are some special cases I like to nudge certain stats one way:
- Cyborg Eddie:

- The Assassin Possessed Mine does deals physical and magic damage together, but his Power move scales via his MAGIC so the Health Talismans I have on him are Wards.
- For Navigator Eddie (he does random damage), I decided on 2 Will 1 Bulwark instead of the opposite due to Scourge's chance for lowered DEF.

I'm also planning to take a look at the Warrior Axis Bomber Boy (aka the only true damager whose ATK and MAGIC are not identical) to see how compensating for one stat or another affects his damage output

What I'm thinking of doing on my harpy is 3 stuns and 3 invisibles, since they had to throw in a yellow slot. 35% to go invisible seems to proc often enough, was debating on the thief but opted for invisible, and the stun is just a security measure when I get lucky. Trying to maximize the health because that always feels best in slot

Tridimensionale
06-11-2017, 05:40 PM
What I'm thinking of doing on my harpy is 3 stuns and 3 invisibles, since they had to throw in a yellow slot. 35% to go invisible seems to proc often enough, was debating on the thief but opted for invisible, and the stun is just a security measure when I get lucky. Trying to maximize the health because that always feels best in slot

3 assassins, 2 health,1 random yellow on mine.. it works fine.. many players in pvp use stryke talis on her though.

osiris0000
06-11-2017, 09:58 PM
3 assassins, 2 health,1 random yellow on mine.. it works fine.. many players in pvp use stryke talis on her though.

I have 2 maxed of those beauties, on first one i have the same set as you have.
On the second one i use strike talisman. Assassin set really helps her hitting way much harder.

If you use Strike set on her, you lose approximately 1500-2000 k AOE damage compare to Assassin set.
But on the other hand if "Counter" triggers at least once in one turn, it is worth it in the end - because you do more damage.

Metalreaper13
06-12-2017, 04:45 PM

I might consider the purples if this isn't doing well enough in pvp, or I get a 2nd harpy, I would assume you're using void shield? And I would throw on strike if I had gotten them when they were available

Metalreaper13
06-12-2017, 04:48 PM
I have 2 maxed of those beauties, on first one i have the same set as you have.
On the second one i use strike talisman. Assassin set really helps her hitting way much harder.

If you use Strike set on her, you lose approximately 1500-2000 k AOE damage compare to Assassin set.
But on the other hand if "Counter" triggers at least once in one turn, it is worth it in the end - because you do more damage.

If I had gotten the striker set when it was sold, I would absolutely be putting it on her. Back then I didn't have a bunch of coins, so at best I could've gotten maybe 1 set, and it would have been one of each rather than optimized. Considering everyone specs max health it seems, Harpy uses that to to do even more damage