PDA

View Full Version : The deadly difference that time zones make on LOTB

Patrice-1201
06-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Hi Troopers,

I am usually playing from France where the daily reset happens at 2am and playing each of my 50 Troopers and ranking high in PVP (especially during te Saturday craze) is achievable but difficult. This week I spent 5 days in Chicago and I must say the difference in having the reset at 7pm is HUGE. playing Troopers was easy and keeping up in the rankings in PVP was also much easier. Too bad that I am back in Europe now as I would love to test the difference on a Saturday. Sparton how can you make this more fair? Rolling resets to keep track of timezones?

This is quite a serious issue when it comes to fairness especially looking at the huge gap in PVP rewards for top ranks so please find a way ;-)

IronSentinel
06-16-2017, 02:04 PM
In Argentina it resets at 9pm so is kind of easy as well.. i play when i wake up, at noon and finish to play the 50 troopers before the reset

PerthEddie
06-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Reset is 8am the following day on from Canada for me (so weekly reset is 8am Sunday). That is one of the reasons I think if I ever wanted to make a run for top 10 in PvP I would struggle. There is no way I would ever consider getting up really early on a Sunday to play a game on my iPad. No doubt some people would but not me.

Thedarkness
06-16-2017, 05:45 PM
This really sucks for a lot of people but would be hard to fix with the live standings. If you have a rolling reset the farther west you are the bigger advantage you have because you can keep playing while other people are already locked out. Jofer would probably move to Hawaii just to piss everybody off.

They could split the game up into 3-4 regions but I doubt theres enough players to keep it competitive.

I am on PST and it makes it very covenient to make a quick rush around 430 pm on saturdays. Just the nature of the beast.

Patrice-1201
06-16-2017, 07:20 PM
What I meant is changing the global reset time every week to different time zones.

Tridimensionale
06-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Good point Patrice ! but honestly i can t see a solution to this :(

Lulero
06-16-2017, 07:55 PM
How is it easier to run troopers with 7pm instead of 2am reset time?

Agreed for PvP though (Playing from France as well by the way).

However I don't think it matters much below 50th, if not 25th even. And in many cases eternal have already been decided as well.

What might work, but would be like war, is to give the top 50 players another form of points every minute, all week long. Whoever gets the most of those is the actual eternal by the end, and so on until 50th place. Sort of an integral based on rank and not points for those mathematically inclined.
Another set of ranking tabs, or reviewed display entirely, probably not worth it, but wouldn't that be fair and really nasty at the same time?

Kardas
06-17-2017, 08:33 AM
As a Dutchie I share your time zone and yeah, staying up till 2 is not always that healthy. While I'd like to see a change I'm not sure if there are any solutions to this, let alone if any of them will be actually feasible.

What might be interesting is seeing if the majority of Top 50 (or something similar) players majorly originate from American time zones, especially if compared to the locations from everyone else. It would shed a little bit of light on the impact of having the reset at that time.

Although I always thought the reset time was based on it being at midnight for British players? Except it's currently 1am for them now because of daylight saving time.

So maybe Europe should just get rid of DST, lol.

hold
06-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Same time zone as Patrice and I stayed up a few times until 2am. But those days really ruined my sundays and I'm not doing it anymore. So at least the last 1 - 1,5 hours before I am not in PvP anymore.

A solution might be a monthly shift of the reset time. In this case every time zone gets a swee spot at some point.

This issue also made me loose interest in PvP a bit. The rewards after the top 50 are not really that good to be bothered. I mean it would take you 7 or 15 weeks to get an eternal soul - fine a bit of extra ironite and a few rare dupes but ...

Because the reset time is so unfortunate for me I don't even try to be in the top ranks anymore. Last week I went from 57 to 107 within the last few hours. So what's the point of trying to be there. I aim for the under 250 in this case and have no stress whatsoever being in there.

I rather save my energy for events - at least I know why I'm doing the grind there ...

Mizrael
06-17-2017, 12:41 PM
i'm glad someone finally brought it up. i'm also in the 2am reset zone and having 2 small kids who wake me up at 7am(the latest) every day made me just learn to live with the fact that i will never stand a chance in getting anywhere near the top 10. it's sad but just something we europeans have to learn to live with im afraid. this game has much bigger issues at the moment and i bet the devs have no idea how to shift the reset times without introducing a dozen of new bugs and locking half the population out of the game for a few weeks...

MoonShadow
06-17-2017, 01:42 PM
Oh, yes, I'm also glad that this was brought up. I play (usually) from Romania, where the daily reset happens at 3 am in the morning. While it's ok for the PvE, it's almost impossible for the PvP. I've stayed up just once, and the sunday was runied for me, sleepy and in a bad mood all day. I'm not gonna do it soon.
Anyway, I don't see a solution for this, as if it will be good for europeans, it will be not so good for the others.

hold
06-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Oh, yes, I'm also glad that this was brought up. I play (usually) from Romania, where the daily reset happens at 3 am in the morning. While it's ok for the PvE, it's almost impossible for the PvP. I've stayed up just once, and the sunday was runied for me, sleepy and in a bad mood all day. I'm not gonna do it soon.
Anyway, I don't see a solution for this, as if it will be good for europeans, it will be not so good for the others.

Just a thought:

I don't know how easy or difficult it is to implement it but one solution would be different "leagues". At the beginning of each reset / month you sign up for a league and each one has a certain reset time. 3 different leagues should make it possible to have good reset times for anybody. Of course that splits the player base into more than one but as it stands now I will not sacrifice my summer sundays for PvP - no bloody way.

Chaosego888
06-17-2017, 03:53 PM
So maybe Europe should just get rid of DST, lol.
Maybe the whole world should get rid of daylight saving time. That's the dumbest thing ever created. Here it's hot as hell and doesn't get dark until that 9:30 PM... That's just stupid! On a serious note, I think the reset should just rotate monthly so each timezone can benefit from it. I personally wish it was pushed forward about 20 hours. 8PM Saturday evening is not good if you wan't to have a life and still be able to chase a good reward in arena, don't mind it so much right now because it is too hot to go outside anyway!

PerthEddie
06-17-2017, 04:18 PM
I quite like DST. Back in the UK it was nice to sit out on a nice summer night till 22:00 when it was going dark. Bit different here in Western Australia as the latest it goes dark in summer is around 20:30. It is winter here now so goes dark at 17:15 but at the moment the weather is great. No rain and a top temp of 22C (72F) forecast for Sunday

Chaosego888
06-17-2017, 08:41 PM
I quite like DST. Back in the UK it was nice to sit out on a nice summer night till 22:00 when it was going dark. Bit different here in Western Australia as the latest it goes dark in summer is around 20:30. It is winter here now so goes dark at 17:15 but at the moment the weather is great. No rain and a top temp of 22C (72F) forecast for Sunday

Don't take me too seriously there, just ranting because I dislike it, just came in from the heat before reading through the thread. Most people like it here as well, I'm just naturally nocturnal. I generally go against anything that involves man tampering with the natural order of things...

Patrice-1201
06-18-2017, 09:06 PM
The main difference with Troopers is that you get a free refill of sands of time while you sleep....

90mphyorker
06-19-2017, 02:07 AM
I don't want it to change. I am quite happy with my 10am or 11am reset time.

DaveAngel100
06-19-2017, 06:23 AM
Maybe a regional prize would help so that everyone's competing against same time zones; then maybe the highest rank in each time zone could have a round robin (play everyone going first and going second) at the end of the month at a set time to have a monthly global champ (could even stream this if it could be arranged).

Time zone in Hong Kong isn't too bad, resets at 8am each morning so can make use of the commute to work and you wake up with a few hundred extra trooper points (and sometimes 20+ PVP attacks).