PDA

View Full Version : PvP Week 18 - Reports

Lulero
06-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Been waiting for Nicko's thread, figured I'd post my own 2 days before week 19 ends haha.

Well, can't write up anything that'd match the quality.

Attack: 292/321 (91%)
Defense: 34/204 (14%)

Wasn't able to play much early in the week, it really started Friday from rank 500th or so, and was hell toward the end as my ratio was so bad I was losing points while playing non stop.
Still surprised I managed.

I'm more interested into the next (current) week and what the veterans will have to say about it.

ps: If I somehow managed to miss an actual week 18 thread, feel free to bash me some before burying this to oblivion.

CanyptianFit
06-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Nicko posted he wouldn't be able to keep it going. So you didn't miss a post.

Cheers.

gmac
06-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Good initiative Lulero!

Maybe we can get this tradition going until Nicko comes back.

Stats last week
493/373

Cheers
gmac

Askora
06-16-2017, 08:45 PM
My stats
Rank 149
Attack/Defend 205/173

Didn't play the last 12 hours before reset.

Coletrain
06-16-2017, 09:42 PM
I think these are good threads to keep going, if not for the stats as much as for the download of information, trends, venting, & discussions that come out of them. Gives everyone a central point to discuss and feel connected as a community.

Last week:
167 attacks
137 defenses

slauki
06-16-2017, 09:55 PM
cool that someones continues with this tradidion, thank you!

Attacks 195
Defenses 168

Lulero
06-16-2017, 10:11 PM
I'm not the man for the job though, for the current week I can probably write something that'd get people started (with those talis getting more broadly available). But I'm only checking the forum now and then, not daily. I don't know Jack shit about the background Nicko was drawing from.

We need a respectable volunteer. Or a designated volunteer haha.

Can I vote for Nekro? Hahaha. Just because he'd probably be the exact opposite of me but as qualified. But I'm probably overestimating myself there.

#Nekro4Prez

Anyway, I'm really bad. See, didn't even congratulate our last eternal. Jofer was it again? Congratulation Jofer! Sorry your name comes up this late in this week's thread. *tease* *tease* <3

Kardas
06-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Last week was interesting for me. My defense was still bugged for the majority of the week. They only fixed the problem around Friday, when I found myself in the Acolyte ranks and had to crawl out of them (I had received 18 attacks between when my defense bug was fixed and until I managed to change my defense). So I changed my defense to a stun/tauntfest and made it to back to the Duelist ranks.

By reset I had:
Tier: Duelist I
Attack Wins: 99% (121/122) (positively skewed because I fought Acolyte ranks for most of the week)
Defense: 44% (38/87) (18 of these losses were between may defense bug getting fixed and me replacing Visions and the Ox Souls with an actual defense)

GotN
06-17-2017, 11:54 AM
Finished the week
Attack: 90 % (122/136)
Defense: 11 % (13/120)

Don't play much PvP I have to admit cause I found out that it's nearly impossible for me to reach a higher ranking than duelist I and never did that (best was rank 53 in the running week, but finishing rank 593 with 3.353 points) . And I set priority in playing my troopers every day, what takes time enough (thx btw guys!). Moreover I have the feeling that RNG is not quite fair with me. This week I counted it one day for the first time. Making 19 turns I got attacked first 12 times :/ Trying to play higher opponents recieving more ranking points, it gets really hard to win.

Concerning this I have a question: is there any way you can influence the turning sword at the beginning by tapping at the screen/ hitting the right time so it shows your direction/... or you just have to let it run through? I tried it by tapping at the screen and sometimes had the feeling, that it worked, but another time not, so it might be imagination ;)

Askora
06-17-2017, 12:03 PM
Concerning this I have a question: is there any way you can influence the turning sword at the beginning by tapping at the screen/ hitting the right time so it shows your direction/... or you just have to let it run through? I tried it by tapping at the screen and sometimes had the feeling, that it worked, but another time not, so it might be imagination ;)

I've done some calculating on it, and I think the coin toss really is about 50/50. Losing the coin toss seems to stick in our minds better. I don't think tapping or anything else changes the coin toss. It's decided as soon as you hit the battle button. Best thing is to build a team that can do well when going first, but also has an advantage to going second. Their are times I want to lose the coin toss. :D

Chaosego888
06-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Glad to see someone keeping this alive. You may be better suited for the job than you think, Lulero. Last week I had plenty of time during the week so I decided to make an attempt at Eternal. FallenAngel had the same idea and we had an awesome battle that lasted several days. I went to see Maiden friday night, stayed out most of the night and left for Atlanta early Saturday morning and by the time I got all my troopers played it was too late to make a final run. Trying to play in the arena riding down the highway with the sun glaring in sucks. I tried to play a little later to maintain a top 5 but had too much going on around me and just stopped. I slipped to 9th. When I got my rewards was the first time I noticed that you get the same amount of fragments from positions 2-25. You should get an Eternal Soul for Eternal! 75 fragments for 2nd & 3rd, 50 for 4th & 5th, 40 for 6-10, 30 for 11-25 or something to that effect. My stats from last week were Attacks 1024/856. Congratulations to Jofer on the Tritium Farewell Eternal.

Lulero
06-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Dunno why I'd be better suited than I think, apparently I have to learn to read as Fallen Angel's thread been "made the official one" before I started this. Oh well, at least we can see some numbers here. You have my thanks though.

You slipped to 9th while I got to 5th, played without a break and struggled a lot to manage 10th by the end. Ovy, dunno if you are on the forum, but had you cleared a list in the last 2 hours and you'd be there instead of me. I thought I was getting close to potentially give eternal a try sometimes in the next few weeks, well, nope. Far from it still!

I like how eternal souls are distributed. Anyone can get them at a decent speed and soon enough you won't even be looking at that beyond the potential sacrifice. Skill shards are still the incentive to for me.

And proper congratulations this time to Jofer indeed. Farewell Tritium (who I know so little of, unfortunate it seems).

Silentknight
06-18-2017, 02:02 AM
Think whoever wins eternal should start post...Gmac, where r u???

metallikapo
06-18-2017, 03:21 AM
I can't believe it! I got to 24! my best mark before was 64 or so. All the week I were among the first 15, till yesterday. I started an hour before the end in the 40th or 50th place. In the last hour I managed to win around 20/25 consecutive battles, but I was attacked around 15 or more times too. The last 20 minutes before the end were a total slaughter (ideal to bring a daughter !!). From 34 to 28 to 30 to 33 to 28 again. So I attacked the high ranked first to gain more points. I entered to my last duel being 26, so I was not sure about my luck.
Finally, my stats:
Attack: 256/270 (94%)
Defense: 47/224 (21%)

T-Man
06-18-2017, 03:40 AM
Finished 38. Didn't play as much this week. Only 2 SoW refills. Did some experimenting with different toons. My D was down 11 percentage points from my average of the past several weeks. Yikes!

Started to make a run for the top 25 in the last 90 mins, but was getting slammed with attacks so I held back. Decided to conserve the ironite.

Special event next week!

Win %94 close to my average.
D %13 way down from my average of 24. New toons the reason?

Various notes:

Still running into many bugs. Too many to list. Still getting crashes in the Arena, but not quite as often this week.

Too may copy cats running the same teams, but I did run into a few unique teams that took a couple of tries to figure out.

Like...

Someone actually used a pyro assasin effectively. Haven't noticed you on the forum, but props to bin 1011. Not going to give the rest of your team away, but it took me 3 tries to figure your team out. That void shield wrecked me. Lol

3 wishes
Wish the Viking had a brain on D (most of the other toons to for that matter).

Wish all the bugs were fixed.

Wish skill shards were easier to acquire. Sigh.

On a final note, I'm looking forward to the "Big Event" next week!

Silentknight
06-18-2017, 04:29 AM
See Nicko! They're lost without u! Week 19 btw

Lulero
06-20-2017, 03:32 PM
This was posted 2 days before the end of week 18. Last thread started by nicko on 06/04 was week 17. I believe last week was 19 and current thread has wrong title.

Either that or I'm stupid, fine with me either way :p