PDA

View Full Version : Hidden gems

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 06:04 AM
I thought it would be cool to post about some often overlooked characters that turn out to be hidden gems. After finishing the game I have been doing some experimenting and getting low-starred characters to 5 stars (I have shards to spare).

Here are a few:

1. Mummy Dog: Very early in the game I realized the potential of this guy. He got me through most of the game because he can really dish out the goods! Solid, consistent damage from physical and magic.

2. Purple Possessed mine: kind of like mummy dog, but has an AOE attack plus he has a skill that heals very well if you pump up his magic stat.

3. Yellow Possessed Mine: Can dish out damage like the purple one but instead of a heal has a single target attack with a really high potential to stun.

4. Dark Hourglass (My current project): Decent stats, with an AOE magic attack that can also give your whole party a heal shield. Also has a skill that for only 3 lighting points can hit AOE, 100% chance to proc spell vamp for 2 turns.

What characters have you found to be pretty good that are often overlooked?

Lechamp-4825
08-08-2016, 06:59 AM
Came to this thread thinking you had found actual hidden gems (shards etc) - wasn't disappointed though :-D

Would love to know what others people have found.

kryton
08-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Thanks Vaseodin, going to level up those mines. Also I had gotten a Corrupt Owl Cultist early on ,leveled him to 3*,equipped some good talisman's and used him all the way to about the middle of Battlefield normal when I finally got the blue Allied Soldier. The Owl is a beast at farming those early stages,big magic AOE for only 3 power thingies.Later on I am going to max level him out and see how he performs.

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm enjoying the various undead soldiers at the moment :)

Stormseye
08-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Assassin Possessed Mine was great to discover around Battlefield because I needed a good healer and a bit more damage. I pushed him to 5* and he is on my Trooper rotation.

Dark Hourglass was one of the first allies that I really tried to level up because his Spell Vamp. It helped a ton early on while I was still learning game mechanics.

Warrior Souless Demon was one of my first 3* allies and he was my bread and butter for damage. His Rally helped me push my damage for Soldier Eddie and the DEF buff was just cream on the cake.

Still trying to find a decent "torpedo" ally to test.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I also have a purple mine that's a monster. In addition, I have a purple Artillery Dog that I'm about to level to 5*. Grants immunity to a random ally every turn, can use endure for 3 power (so he can't die for 2 turns), and can deal pretty good aoe damage.

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 05:01 PM
I also have a purple mine that's a monster. In addition, I have a purple Artillery Dog that I'm about to level to 5*. Grants immunity to a random ally every turn, can use endure for 3 power (so he can't die for 2 turns), and can deal pretty good aoe damage.

Whoa, I don't think I've ever seen this purple artillery dog in someone's roster. That's a pretty powerful skill set on him. Is his AOE damage off magic, physical, true, or a combination?

HeadlessHammerhead
08-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Whoa, I don't think I've ever seen this purple artillery dog in someone's roster. That's a pretty powerful skill set on him. Is his AOE damage off magic, physical, true, or a combination?

Physical. I'll make him king tonight so you can try him.

BillLion
08-08-2016, 05:42 PM

I got this character a week or so ago after pulling several good ones. I realized I had started spreading myself too thin trying to build up too many characters at the same time so I let him sit. You've just piqued my interest

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Bill, I've had a go with VaseOdin's purple mine, and he's a monster. I really want one of my own now.
*edging towards enough trooper badges for a gunner/assassin rare soul*
*trying not to hope*
*actually expecting purple-hatted axis soldier for the fourth week on the trot*

HeadlessHammerhead
08-08-2016, 07:29 PM
I usually rotate my leader every couple of days. If anyone wants to try out the mine, the monster that is Carriage Rider Eddie (kills the Beast in 2-3 rounds, doesn't give him a chance to change class), or the artillery dog, add me; I have a few inactive troopers I need to boot anyway. HeadlessHed-8461

BillLion
08-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Bill, I've had a go with VaseOdin's purple mine, and he's a monster. I really want one of my own now.
*trying not to hope*

Sorry for the miscommunication -I have the purple artillery dog, not the mine.

But I hope you pull one this time!

BillLion
08-08-2016, 07:38 PM
I usually rotate my leader every couple of days. If anyone wants to try out the mine, the monster that is Carriage Rider Eddie (kills the Beast in 2-3 rounds, doesn't give him a chance to change class), or the artillery dog, add me; I have a few inactive troopers I need to boot anyway. HeadlessHed-8461

I just deleted an inactive, and sent you a request. Can't wait until I get enough blue shards to get my carriage rider eddie to 5*s!

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 07:40 PM
*trying not to hope*

I also heard from someone that the purple harpy is pretty good.

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Yeah VaseOdin, Gonzo has a purple harpy and she's fab

blkthunder
08-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Hi in my way to finish the game in normal and most levels in hard and madness i found that green undead allied solidier can be a powerful allie, i build him with full magic talismans and one green, and it's one of my allies that always use when i dont have decent troopers for some lvls y and finishim in hard and madness underworld and battlefield and he keep made the things good, he hits around 1400 to 2000 (in advantage) can steal fury so can use specials more usually and he have a AOE heal and with the blue talismans we heal between 1500 - 2000. My alination is carriage eddie 4* and allied soldier (blue) 4* and this guy (allied undead soldier) provides a lot of utility.

In am experimenting with him giving the frost talismans but 35% and shielding but idk maybe if he be 4* it can work. Grettings to all

aur0ra85
08-09-2016, 08:25 PM
I really liked undead allied soldier his passive on his basic is amazing. I might level him to five. Idk. Long ways off.

Stormseye
08-09-2016, 08:44 PM
He is my current Trooper Aur0ra85. Sent you a request. I have two more spots open if anyone needs.

stormseye-8121

aur0ra85
08-09-2016, 09:15 PM
I'll clear up a slot for ya.

Orc71
08-11-2016, 05:59 PM
*trying not to hope*

Yeah his purple mine is a lot of fun to play and has been a saving grace more than a few times. I've been on the lookout for one ever since. I sold all the Dark Hourglasses I got early on but I happened to get another one last night so now I have a project.

Flann
08-13-2016, 02:59 AM
I have fallen in love with the Pharaoh Sun Spirit (Warrior)

I've seen him heal for 11k. No screenshot of the basic ability.

Gonzo
08-13-2016, 03:04 AM
I love people finding this kind of characters... which I will never level up because they don't look nice :P

Flann
08-13-2016, 03:26 AM
If you're having trouble clearing 75 -100% hp bonus objectives. Try this team. I wish I had knowno about it then.

Gonzo
08-13-2016, 03:30 AM
I've finished the game already. I'm actually thinking which characters to rank up. The Angels seem nice since they can kill, don't have the red one though.

Flann
08-13-2016, 03:44 AM
I've finished the game already. I'm actually thinking which characters to rank up. The Angels seem nice since they can kill, don't have the red one though.

I used a blue one to finish. Decent enough to help kill the beast on madness but sucks for farming.

Olevipoeg
08-16-2016, 07:41 AM
If you're having trouble clearing 75 -100% hp bonus objectives. Try this team. I wish I had knowno about it then.
Amazing little fellow indeed. Thanks.
His perfect attack timing is very strange. Nothing to do with moving circle, always late if you try to get perfect timing using it.