PDA

View Full Version : Balance changes for talismans

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the wonderful game. I have a bit of criticism though but I'll try and keep it constructive.
The rare talismans in this game are generally not worth using nor upgrading at this time. Some of the high end talismans that produce shields or invisibility, vampiric, freeze, etc have abysmal trigger percentages, or should work for the entire party once triggered. I've been trying to use some on purple characters to reduce the glass cannon effect to no avail. They don't trigger enough, and don't produce a powerful enough effect. The vampiric for example I'd like to see trigger 75-100% of the time in its current state, or maybe 35-50% of the time for the entire party with a two turn duration maybe, same with invisibility and other sets.
In addition I was hoping maybe to see rare talismans have their percentage trigger effect increase as they are levelled, so that a freeze talisman triggers at a higher rate the more you upgrade it. (Just like a skill on a character). At five stars I feel given the amount of effort we've put into finding a matched set, it would be nice to have our hard work rewarded with special talismans triggering at high rates.

I feel like the end result in the current meta is that upgrading my purple talismans and purple characters is too much of a liability to play consistently at end game stage ->>>it's not worth at this time, and neither is upgrading almost any rare talisman.

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I was hoping maybe to see rare talismans have their percentage trigger effect increase as they are levelled, so that a freeze talisman triggers at a higher rate the more you upgrade it. (Just like a skill on a character). At five stars I feel given the amount of effort we've put into finding a matched set, it would be nice to have our hard work rewarded with special talismans triggering at high rates.
Plus one to this suggestion.

Stormseye
08-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Here Here...right now the only thing worth using for me is Assassin Talimans.

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Here Here...right now the only thing worth using for me is Assassin Talimans.

What I'm trying to say is not that the purple characters/talismans/rares aren't any good or unplayable, but they're not nearly as good as some of the other character classes, and I'm blaming it on underpowered talismans. Even with green talismans these characters sometimes get to 15k HP? My samurai Eddie is 19000 and he can get one shotted by the first red imp in underworld madness. Without negating damage on the purple characters via talismans or skills/abilities they aren't worth it IMHO. Even if you have characters specifically to buff the purple units, at which point you're losing out on turns. I feel like the rares talismans in general need some decent buffs.

Gonzo
08-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Yeah... Uhmmm... you are wrong about "purple" characters and at least the Vampiric Set too.

I've been thinking about removing a green talisman from my Harpy (Although my OCD wouldn't be too happy about that) because she NEVER goes under 70% health... She's at 24k, not 15k and she already hits like a truck, a lot of people here can confirm that.

They look so pretty (L)

The problem with the Vampiric set is not the proc rate, it's that they only work with physical damage.

Regarding proc rate, I feel they are ok. If you ever tried the Meteor or Comet set, they have a 70% proc rate IIRC, and that's not fun. As a person who finished the entire game, you don't need them to proc more. Not every talisman set needs to "fit or be good".

Finally, my Soldier Eddie, with almost the same amount of health as your Samurai Eddie, was never near being one shoted by that Imp. He hits hard for sure, in fact I'm pretty sure he deals true damage, but if that happens to you maybe your Eddie has something wrong.

Sorry, one more thing. I took the time to look at your characters, you have a Harpy, the Mummy Dog and the Demon as assassins. None of them are near maxed. The talismans are low level. I feel that you did not take the time to max them before saying they are, and I quote, "not worth using or upgrading".

Would you like to try a good assassin character with maxed talismans? Let me know.

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 08:06 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the wonderful game. I have a bit of criticism though but I'll try and keep it constructive.
The rare talismans in this game are generally not worth using nor upgrading at this time. Some of the high end talismans that produce shields or invisibility, vampiric, freeze, etc have abysmal trigger percentages, or should work for the entire party once triggered. I've been trying to use some on purple characters to reduce the glass cannon effect to no avail. They don't trigger enough, and don't produce a powerful enough effect. The vampiric for example I'd like to see trigger 75-100% of the time in its current state, or maybe 35-50% of the time for the entire party with a two turn duration maybe, same with invisibility and other sets.
In addition I was hoping maybe to see rare talismans have their percentage trigger effect increase as they are levelled, so that a freeze talisman triggers at a higher rate the more you upgrade it. (Just like a skill on a character). At five stars I feel given the amount of effort we've put into finding a matched set, it would be nice to have our hard work rewarded with special talismans triggering at high rates.

I feel like the end result in the current meta is that upgrading my purple talismans and purple characters is too much of a liability to play consistently at end game stage ->>>it's not worth at this time, and neither is upgrading almost any rare talisman.

I think some talismans need a rework, of course AFTER the more important and pressing issues of game stability, etc (to quote others on this forum). These fixes are not urgent, but I think they need to be looked at.

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 08:08 PM
They look so pretty (L)

Oooooooo so they do :)

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Yeah... Uhmmm... you are wrong about "purple" characters and at least the Vampiric Set too.

I've been thinking about removing a green talisman from my Harpy (Although my OCD wouldn't be too happy about that) because she NEVER goes under 70% health... She's at 24k, not 15k and she already hits like a truck, a lot of people here can confirm that.
They look so pretty (L)

The problem with the Vampiric set is not the proc rate, it's that they only work with physical damage.

Regarding proc rate, I feel they are ok. If you ever tried the Meteor or Comet set, they have a 70% proc rate IIRC, and that's not fun. As a person who finished the entire game, you don't need them to proc more. Not every talisman set needs to "fit or be good".

Finally, my Soldier Eddie, with almost the same amount of health as your Samurai Eddie, was never near being one shoted by that Imp. He hits hard for sure, in fact I'm pretty sure he deals true damage, but if that happens to you maybe your Eddie has something wrong.

Sorry, one more thing. I took the time to look at your characters, you have a Harpy, the Mummy Dog and the Demon as assassins. None of them are near maxed. The talismans are low level. I feel that you did not take the time to max them before saying they are, and I quote, "not worth using or upgrading".

Would you like to try a good assassin character with maxed talismans? Let me know.
I've tried out your harpy specifically quite a few times, every day in fact. It's the reason why I never upgraded my own unfortunately. I don't find her to hit very hard. She's too squishy to deal with IMHO. Fun character, super cool skills, but she appears too high strung for me. Maybe if you stuck her with a pharaoh Eddie? Idk. Doesn't seem to be as versatile as she should be and a damage build for her is far to squishy unless you can negate the incoming damage somehow, green talismans are great but they nerf the purple characters.
Maybe you guys are just better builders? Idk, idc. It's my opinion. I tested my characters on low levels get to see the trigger rates and I wasn't impressed.

This thread has gotten sidetracked tho and it's about the rare talismans in general being a little too underpowered, and unusable. I'd gladly give up lots of damage on many different characters if I could stun/freeze/pierce/heal shield/charge/life drain, etc. but as it stands, it seems a long ways from worth it. Seems to be a polarizing subject, but quite a few end game players seem to agree ATM.
If you really want to see what life drain does as a legit ability, I'll put my red dog up tonight as a trooper. Ability lasts three rounds and has a 100% trigger rate. I feel that's what the talisman counterpart should do. It's not OP either, just a solid ability.

Jennie-5128
08-08-2016, 08:52 PM
"I'll put my red dog up tonight as a trooper. Ability lasts three rounds and has a 100% trigger rate."

Oooooooo yes please.

As to your substantive point; IMHO it'd be nice if upgrades made special effects more likely - f'r'instance if 2* invisibility talisman is 35% chance then 3* = 40%, 4* = 45%, 5* = 50% just as an example. Obvs you'd need the whole set to be whatever star level for whatever %age...

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Kaijester
08-09-2016, 12:02 AM
Watch out!

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 12:02 AM
Enough Off Topic, sorry Aur0ra.

As I said before I strongly feel that the proc rates are ok but, they do need to be fixed though. I think it's fair to say none of us noted this before you pointed this flaws.

So, thanks for that.

PS: GODDAMMIT, K!!!!! Just stop it with that bat!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kaijester
08-09-2016, 12:07 AM
IMO i uses paralysis and energy talisman and think their proc rates are fair.

Any higher might be consider as OP, and also characters with multiple hits like undead allied soldier have higher chance to activate the effects.

aur0ra85
08-09-2016, 12:08 AM
Thread is completely derailed. Thanks for that guys.
im not getting into this.

Vaseodin
08-09-2016, 01:26 AM
IMO i uses paralysis and energy talisman and think their proc rates are fair.

Any higher might be consider as OP, and also characters with multiple hits like undead allied soldier have higher chance to activate the effects.

Exactly.

On point.