PDA

View Full Version : PvP Week 20 - Top 10

mjmxiii
06-18-2017, 07:47 AM
So I thought I would start this weeks thread to keep it alive while Nicko takes a much needed break and enjoys that Chicago summer. While the thread may have started as a way to see how the Prisoner was affecting PvP, arena matchmaking and ATK/DEF ratio became something that everyone garnered interest in. It seems as the ratio has gotten better, the thread might have run it's course but a lot of us used the thread to voice our opinions, concerns and complaints. What makes it so important is the level of communication we have with LotB's developers and programmers. We write and they read. It's the main reason we need to keep this going, so LotB can continue to get better! For me personally, PvP didn't become necessary until Nodding Frog introduced Eternals, seeing as there was only the one way to get them. Those who went hard in PvP from the beginning benefited big-time from the treasure chest of iron coins they were forced to horde. Those of us who didn't, are running to catch up now.

Anyway, thought I would do it a bit different and give props to this weeks Eternal, GMAC (congrats brother, always like seeing a trooper on top of the mountain) and also list the Top 10 overall, because cracking the top of the rankings in the arena is not easy, but these guys sure as hell make it look fun and deserve some recognition! Any thoughts or comments on this weeks battle for the crown, what the looming major update might be or your own stats and experiences in PvP over the past week are welcome... and lets hope Nicko isn't going to stray too far away as again, this is his thread and no one else can truly do it justice!

Cheers!

PVP TOP 10

1. GMAC
2. RINGE666
3. CARLOS
4. Kamuz
5. alex
6. DickinsonMan
7. Nicko
8. Demoonchild
9. canyptian
10. Silentknight

Tridimensionale
06-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Rank #23

290 attack / 249 defence

The goal was top 50, so i m pretty happy with top 25
Congratz to GMAC ! (u made it again trooper!) and all the top 10

Thanks mjmxiii for the thread, still i miss Nicko's in depth analysis of the week :(

Kris-0707
06-18-2017, 11:47 AM
This week I finished at rank 14

Could be better, but some "clever" dev decided to limit the number of revenges. I know that revenge limits are from the beginning - this is just stupid. I decided to play till the reset, even if in the UK it is at 1 a.m. Last 2 hours I've been attacked constantly and couldn't revenge players with higher rank, just been forced to play 10 battles in a row with lower ranks which means didn't have a chance to climb: 7-8 out of 10 were way below my rank. I was at rank 9, went for a cigarette, came back 3 minutes later and because I don't have key toons as Wrath, Nomad or GCR + thanks to AI my rank was 20. Spent loads of ironite to come back to rank 14 but being not able to revenge within last 2 hours couldn't climb higher. It was just not possible.

Rewards: 1 g/a soul gave me *** crap, other rewards standard so no comments.
It wasn't worth playing until 1a.m - I was not happy with rewards, wife was not happy as she couldn't sleep. She woke up angry on the morning, so Sunday is quite fucked up for me.

Jofer16
06-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the thread mjm, way to carry on the memory of a fallen trooper :)

No stats, took an easy week seeing my brother Gmac atop the standings, little hangover from the Jersey Shore crew harassment the last couple weeks lol

But had to congratulate Gmac on another beastly week, nicely done!

Return of the Gmac :)

"So I'm back up in the game
Running things to keep my swing
Letting all the people know
That I'm back to run the show"

https://youtu.be/6TBid5bCS2Q

Silentknight
06-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Thx mjm!
Grats 2 Gmac...still think u shoulda started this...chicken!
Bugs,bugs & more bugs! Only way 2 describe it! Gmac thot I should describe bug to Sparton but I wouldn't know where 2 start. Let's c...AoF still granting improper extra turns,toons just sitting there,end match crashes (always after a win), crashes as soon as u hit battle,wins counting as losses completely screwing up ur win streak & buffs...sure there's more 2 but just listing em pisses me off! Would be a shorter list of those they've fixed!!! Oh yeah,arena store not resetting for over 12 hours! Anyways...
Rank-10
Attack-299
Defense-252
Grats to Cancan! Great race for 10th bud!!! Well done!
Thx again mjm!

CanyptianFit
06-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Thanks MJ for leading the charge. Like your approach, nice to have new style.

Eternals are are becoming more and more visible.

Some people in the top I never saw on my list. Never saw Alex as an example, assuming he never saw me too as he never attacked me.

I like that NF has an event where you can get a specific toon. I have him already so not my Schtick, but hope they continue with other 4*+ bots.

Crazy how how much the leaderboard changed this week.

congrats to GMAC, well done, you are a beast, and also to Carlos who is also demonstrated rapid ascension, and Ringe too.

A: 221
D: 185

Not sure who Cancan is but was a dramatic last minute race to top 10 with SK. Just got back from a birthday dinner and went for it.

Silentknight
06-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Thanks MJ for leading the charge. Like your approach, nice to have new style.

Eternals are are becoming more and more visible.

Some people in the top I never saw on my list. Never saw Alex as an example, assuming he never saw me too as he never attacked me.

I like that NF has an event where you can get a specific toon. I have him already so not my Schtick, but hope they continue with other 4*+ bots.

Crazy how how much the leaderboard changed this week.

congrats to GMAC, well done, you are a beast, and also to Carlos who is also demonstrated rapid ascension, and Ringe too.

A: 221
D: 185

Not sure who Cancan is but was a dramatic last minute race to top 10 with SK. Just got back from a birthday dinner and went for it.

Lol,wrong game! These r toons,F2F r bots! Caught it! P.S. tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 4 me!

Silentknight
06-18-2017, 04:18 PM
Instead of calling this thread week #? How about This Week In PvP? Do like ur top 10 list mjm!

Jofer16
06-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Lol,wrong game! These r toons,F2F r bots! Caught it!

Laughed my ass off at that too lol!

Nicko
06-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Love the new format mjmxiii! See - I think it's good to have a break - fresh ideas are there already!

My stats were as follows:

Attacks: 223

Attacked: 193

A few observations:

1) Points and ratios are much, much better than they were when the faulty point system was busted open. But still - I would see players rise - and then fall just as quickly - because the floodgates would open. I did a slow, steady rise focusing on those above me and refreshing regularly (forfeiting buffs) and then let loose the last hour. Finished 7. And annoyed the beelzebub out of GMAC in the process cause he was on my lists left and right ;) So point being - unless you want to be Eternal or maybe top 3 - there's still not an incentive to play intensively throughout the week. You're rewarded to hold back. And that's not great.

2) Some names at the top like DJE wouldn't appear on my list (I don't think he was there once) - though he must have been on someones list cause he fell out of top 10. Others like GMAC and Kamuz were there a ton. Matchmaking better but still quirky.

3) GMAC is a beast. Unlike previous weeks where he shoots up on Saturday - he shot up midweek like Shaolin and claimed the lead earlier - but never fell. The amount of attacks that poured in must have been crazy! Well done!

Askora
06-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Congrats to those on top, especially GMAC!

Attack/Defend: 199/172

Was going to try for top 100, but decided it just wasn't worth the ironite. Got 4 NBoLs from the last event and more worried about prepping some for sacrifice. :D

Still got some work to do on offense and defense, but starting to build a small stash of iron coins at least.

slauki
06-18-2017, 07:09 PM
A: 213
D: 180

thanks for maintaining this. yeah the point system is better now as nicko said, but it's really tought to climb. when you start to attack you will get attacked back instantly.
if you have an avarage defense it won't hold that much, so i have a lot of respect for those who end up in the top 10 every week. especially gmac, ringe and carlos this week, congrats.

but i think that wrath helps a lot on offense and defense, if you check who of the top 10 guys have him you will find that many of them are blessed with him and pair him well ofc (top 4 all have him).
he makes a little too much of a difference if you ask me, he allows you to hold far more than avarage and he makes you clear lists faster...but aside from this game seems okay balanced right now.
let's wait till the end of the week, hopefully good changes will come but i guess the meta will change drasticly again :D.

metallikapo
06-18-2017, 07:26 PM
I still can't believe that I lasted 3 or 4 days between the first 15/20. Finally I finished 24. It was hard, at 8 pm (the closure time here in Argentina is at 9pm) I was 40th, I won more or less 25/30 fights in a row, and crossed my fingers to have some luck, because I was attacked almost the same amount of times as I attacked. Before I enter the last fight I was 26, but I have luck because someone couldn't beat my defense (incredible, at this level it seems like no one have trouble to crush it).

It's incredible the difference. When it resets I get more or less 40% of defense victories, but when the time passes by, it finishes at about 20%.

Finally my stats:
Attacks: 256/270 (95%)
Defense: 47/224 (21%)

Caretaker
06-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Ranked 15th with 244 vs. 203

Congratulations to gmac, it was a comfortable lead. Good. What a way to test the phone :)

Congratulations to my fellow troopers and to some wicked end run by DickinsonMan.

mjmxiii
06-18-2017, 09:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who has chimed in so far, just a few notes...

-Tried to update thread name, didn't find a way to make that happen so we'll have to move on lol

-Thanks Nicko, I think it's safe to say we all miss your weekly insight into PvP, so I'm glad you posted some thoughts

-I now see what the fuss was all about in respect to the Prisoner. Even with the change to his passive, I have easily been able to move up the ranker since pulling him last week.

-On an Eternal note, I see a few people talking about Wrath. I think his proc rate is on steroids in PvP but it is pretty easy to counter with a decent stunner. I have a few troopers with him as champion and think he is a very cool character. Would like to see VE removal chances back on par with Wrath as opposed to reducing eithers chance % but just my two cents

C ya in the arena!

BG840
06-18-2017, 09:55 PM
ATK-173
DEF-151

Congrats to GMAC! Good job on the thread mjm!

Getting to just the 250 slot is a chore anymore and with the measly prize for Duelist I the only way to come out on top, prize wise is to not buy ironite. Well without that you're going nowhere. I mean that and all the bugs, procing errors, etc. I wonder if it's worth it sometimes. I used to place a lot further up ladder but now seem confined to my 100 ironite every week. RNG still not being nice and doesn't drop any much needed toons.

IceManFerrar
06-19-2017, 03:10 AM
Caongrats to my trooper GMAC on Eternal...well done buddy, you deserved it!

Thanks MJM for continuing this thread from Nicko's tradition.

I was able to finish in the top 100 for the very first time, all thanks to the advice and guidance from some awesome forum members...you know who you are. I have come so close to top 100 these past few weeks but could never cross it on the last day, mainly because I can't play much on Saturday evenings during the final few hours of rush. This week I stayed around the 30-60 range and finally finished at rank 56, again, because I couldn't play the last few hours else maybe, just maybe, top 50 would have been do-able.

Anyway, my stats are:
Attacks: 94% (186/197)
Defense: 10% (16/165)

Well done again to the Eternal, Top 5, 10, 25, and 50!

Kardas
06-19-2017, 07:30 AM
Congrats Ringe! Cool to see you having made it that far! And congrats to the rest of the top 50.

As for me, unfortunately I barely missed out on making the top 250. Was at 235 a few minutes before and I suddenly found myself finishing at 259 :( Maybe next week.

My stats:
Tier: Duelist I
Attack Wins: 87% (175/202)
Defense Defense Wins: 18% (30/170)

Not too bad I suppose considering I have no PVP Talismans at all.

DickinsonMan
06-19-2017, 08:51 AM
Ranked 15th with 244 vs. 203

Congratulations to my fellow troopers and to some wicked end run by DickinsonMan.

:cool: :cool:
My first attempt to TOP-5... i was 6th. In a few weeks, i'd try again.
:cool::cool:

Ubajoa
06-19-2017, 09:24 AM
Congratulations to GMAC, very solid run; totally deserved.

I wanted the 2nd place but my baby daughter needed a diaper change 30 min before reset time. Baby vs arena = my baby always, so I stopped playing.

cheers.

Ringe666-7406
06-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Hello guys, thanks for the congratz especialy to my long-time trooper, Kardas. I was playing casualy with only daily sow until Saturday afternoon, some 6h before reset. Then I saw I might get to poster again and went for it. Was running for third actually since Kamuz was still at 5000 at that time, with no signs of falling, and I have to admit Carlos scared crap out of me with his 700pts per hour run :D Send your daughter my regards man :D After all, you went in front of me last week :P Ratio was kicking in hard and I found threshold at some 47** which held me for solid hour and a half, not to mention ridiculous amount of holds. Anyway, congratz to all of you guys, it was a great run, and my numbers are below:

Attacks: 398 (% went back to 97 form last weeks 98-100 but oh well... lost twice in a row to gmac and Nicko in last hour, among others, though first of gmac's wins was a bit odd, I think his NoL revenged wrong character)
Defenses: 318 (with decent amount of holds)

See ya all in the ring \m/

scott-5496
06-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Well done to all on the podium - hard work and well deserved status. Thanks also to mjm for keeping the Nicko flame alive and well.

I got to rank 86 - my lowest so far. Just not finding it worth going higher as I had a lucky week on the challenges levels and got 5 Skill Shards over three days which has not happened before!

191 attacks by me.
160 defences.

My defence still gets clobbered my attacks are 95% plus most weeks...oh well!

Hoping for good new events to have a go at this week - liked the last one and it got me three NOBL to happy with that and the other loots from LOL levels.

DaveMurray
06-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Gratz Gmac for the eternal and to the rest on the podium. Thanks mjmxiii for taking Nicko's place and keep that thread alive.

Another full of bugs PvP week is finally over and i found myself thrown out of top 50 in the last secs with 2 losses from players i nvr seen before, i hope at least they got a better place with their wins.
It seems that whatever i do i loose the toss 90% of the times and especially the last day of pvp which also somehow cripples my toons and nothing procs, i am used to it by now because a month ago i was still getting pissed.
Also midweek i managed to break both my phone and pad so i was left for 2 days with a crap old phone which led me to many crash/losses, not that it would change anything, just mentioning.
Another interesting thing is that i see everyone got wrath, even 40 lvl players, unkown up to now suddenly have that superop toon and brake my defence for fun. Offcourse i expect to get him when he will be nerfed so until then i will enjoy eternity eddie and belzecrap.

My stats:
Atk: 283(85% win rate, hard to get better without op toons and non farmable talismans)
Def: 238(19% a small raise from last week due to a change in a toon)

Just wait for BNW and bug fixes, hope they are coming soon.

Chaosego888
06-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Congratulations to Gmac on another dominating week and thanks to mjmxiii for keeping the weekly threads going and adding the extra acknowledgement of top 10. I tried making a run for top 5 on Saturday but by the time I got there the attacks started piling in and I cannot find a way to get a defense to hold anything so I slipped to 12, still get the same amount of fragments to save up for another Eternity Eddie for Sacrifice! The point system is better but still sucks! I think the most we should lose is 8 points with the state of this A.I. When every win equals 12 points and every loss equals 13 points, if you decide to play more you are punished for doing so. I don't understand why there is so much emphasis on defense when everyone (with the proper talismans and characters) has a 95%+ win rate. It would make sense if the A.I. was efficient and every character that was tough to beat didn't get nerfed but that's not the case.

Attacks 370
Defenses 312
Rank 12

Bradata
06-19-2017, 07:43 PM
PVP is getting better and better every week, more different characters are being used, the point system is somehow more fair than before and more new players are getting better chances at reaching the top ranks with NBoL and the well forgotten explosive talismans.
Congrats to Gmac! He once called me relentless, who is relentless now, Gmac?!
I hope the new things mentioned last week are around the corner and we see some interesting updates happening soon this week ;)

Grim
06-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Congratulation to the top players
For the first time I tried to end the week at least as warlord III but it seems it's still far from being feasible. I climbed up to rank two hundred and twenty-something before plummeting. My defense is pitiful and can't spend too much ironite in sow since I need to spare it for the talisman power up pack (soooooo many character not ready for arena) so all fell apart as soon as I stopped playing (hard to log in on saturday night).

these are my stats

attack 138/147 94%
defence 8/125 6%

zdm-1083
06-20-2017, 09:56 AM
Hi,

Great to see this kind of post not dying.
This way I could cry a bit on my low def rate every week :D

Hard way to be/Stay in top 50.

267 attacks
222 def

May be my best attack side week as I loss only 15 with small amount due to bug (2 to 3?)
Other are mainly due to new top player setup:
GRE/AoF/SSD/Wrath

If this team is going first and AI is not that dumb and Wrath remove all talisman powers it could a one/two round win for AI.
Even after some hard thinking about way to attack it I'm a bit stuck to improve my % other than pray RNGesus :]

Long time I did not encounter a so hard to beat team, last time it was taunt team before immunity talisman.

Lulero
06-20-2017, 03:35 PM
We 100% sure that was week 20 and not 19? I don't really care though ;)

Anyway, that was an awful ending for me.

Rank 27th
Attack 266/286 93%
Defense 31/237 13%

Congratulations GMac :)

Ringe666-7406
06-20-2017, 07:23 PM
We 100% sure that was week 20 and not 19? I don't really care though ;)

19 or 20, it's equally shame still not to have Cyborg on posters. Gotta do something about that :cool:;)

gmac
06-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks everybody that congratulate me and thanks MJM to keep this thread going.

My late reply is because i'm a bit embarrassed.

Stats
1294/1003

So, yeah, you can built a 2k lead, but it's damn hard to keep that going. I knew I'd have time to play due to holidays over here and I wanted to give it a shot, but I went too early and once I realized what I had done I was like "fuck... now I have to play 3 days like a maniac to maintain this, better do it, idiot..."

Don't know how they will solve this, because if people go early and win than some will say it's pay to win, if it's all tight until Saturday, then some will say it's not fun to play. Maybe daily resets that built to Saturday show down? Good luck Devs! Glad I had Etnernal in all points/ratios systems so far.

So Wrath... yeah, that needs balancing, asap, too much of a difference, fells a little like old Prisoner in that way.

And Prisoner passive, can we fix that already?! Come on, still killing lots of combinations. Just let all immunity block it and let it be active on every opponent all rounds if immunity not there.

Hope we get a good update today, but from what I've seen so far, not impressed at all. Kind of sad where this game is going if Eddie events are BIG update. not even patch notes so far...

Cheers
gmac

IceManFerrar
06-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Lol, good post, GMAC. That was funny...

I can't believe that you did close to 1,300 attacks...wow, and I thought that the Spartan 500 was unbelievably crazy, sheesh! Hats off to you, trooper friend, well done indeed!

zamasu
06-21-2017, 05:08 PM
Gmac,

Wow 1,200 attacks! that's dedication!! Impressive.

Congrats on Eternal, well deserved

gmac
06-21-2017, 05:41 PM
Gmac,

Wow 1,200 attacks! that's dedication!! Impressive.

Congrats on Eternal, well deserved

Thx man! (and thx everyone else one more time)

And IceMan, yeah, crazy number of attacks... Well, I got Eternal, but was not well played on my part. Made a mistake, had two options, go down on points and play with everybody Saturday or play a lot and try to maintain a lead that perhaps would make people not much interested to chase. Opted for the latter of course, worse part talking to my girlfriend "babe, you know that thing I do on Saturdays that you hate to much, so... yeah, I got to do it 3 days in a row...love u!" And damn stressful, always on my toes watching if someone would jump too.

Not my best performance at all, I think second one was the best, got Eternal with something like 450 attacks.

Of course, point system and ratios matters a lot. This one is kind of in between "going invisible if you go early" and "too tight to create a lead". Got to adapt to it. Hell, maybe that will even change today again...

See you all later!
gmac

mk ultra
06-21-2017, 08:57 PM
last week i finished #22 with 4061 points
attack wins 93% (250/269)
defense wins 15% (34/221)

attack wins percentage is better than the last weeks which made it easier to keep almost all week in top 25. i only attacked players ranked better or similar in rank with me. a lot of the attack failures happened friday & saturday when i think the AI for the wrath was modified. until late inthe week wrath almost never used his power move. in the last days, 3-4 times my team was killed in the first round after wrath using power move and then a perfect hit from SSD. and those were teams that i won againsts all week, going second or first.

Inishmore
06-26-2017, 06:32 AM
I finally got a half-decent defense together, which is why I decided to try to go for a top 100 spot. Though I called it a day 45 minutes before the reset and despite my worst attack success ratio in weeks, I somehow managed to end up on #99. ;)
Really happy to finally have made it in the two digit ranks. Here are my stats.
Attacks: 271 Success:84% (shame on me)
Defense: 232 Success: 15%

IceManFerrar
06-26-2017, 03:08 PM
I finally got a half-decent defense together, which is why I decided to try to go for a top 100 spot. Though I called it a day 45 minutes before the reset and despite my worst attack success ratio in weeks, I somehow managed to end up on #99. ;)
Really happy to finally have made it in the two digit ranks. Here are my stats.
Attacks: 271 Success:84% (shame on me)
Defense: 232 Success: 15%

Congrats man, I know the feeling. It has only been these past two weeks that I have been able to get into the top 100, so definitely a psychological break through once it happens.

Well done and congrats again!

Btw, still waiting for the slacker MJM to start the "real" week 20 thread. This one is supposed to be for week 19.