PDA

View Full Version : My team need a warrior character, so, which one?

Grim
06-21-2017, 07:00 AM
I don't have many warrior charcaters ready for pvp so I'm thinking of raising one. At the moment I have a axis bomber boy, the wicker man and beelzebub. Should I max one of them or wait for a better catch? I can't afford to waste skill shard on weak character.

Askora
06-21-2017, 11:15 AM
I don't have many warrior charcaters ready for pvp so I'm thinking of raising one. At the moment I have a axis bomber boy, the wicker man and beelzebub. Should I max one of them or wait for a better catch? I can't afford to waste skill shard on weak character.

I would hold on to the skill shards. I would level them up and evolve them (if you've got plenty of evo runes). Beelzebub may be worth it when he gets reworked. I like the Axis bomber boy, but due to his low magic his damage is somewhat lacking and more useful if you have a toon that can take advantage of the marks. Wickerman is good for the slight offensive buff, but I don't think he is strong enough beyond that.

It doesn't seem like the event scheduled for Mystic Eddie is going to be a major update, so I'd just keep grinding and slowly leveling them until the next update and meta change.

Right now, for a warrior character, I would wait for Nomad, Samurai, Pyro Soldier, Angel of Fear or Newborn of Light if I was going to invest shards in one.

For Axis bomber boy, you can read Kardas's excellent write up: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6306-Axis-Bomber-Boys-(Warrior-4*-Assassin-3*)

For Beelzebub: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6069-Join-the-Beelzebub-Friends-Network-Today!&highlight=beelzebub

Grim
06-21-2017, 03:36 PM
I would hold on to the skill shards. I would level them up and evolve them (if you've got plenty of evo runes). Beelzebub may be worth it when he gets reworked. I like the Axis bomber boy, but due to his low magic his damage is somewhat lacking and more useful if you have a toon that can take advantage of the marks. Wickerman is good for the slight offensive buff, but I don't think he is strong enough beyond that.

It doesn't seem like the event scheduled for Mystic Eddie is going to be a major update, so I'd just keep grinding and slowly leveling them until the next update and meta change.

Right now, for a warrior character, I would wait for Nomad, Samurai, Pyro Soldier, Angel of Fear or Newborn of Light if I was going to invest shards in one.

For Axis bomber boy, you can read Kardas's excellent write up: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6306-Axis-Bomber-Boys-(Warrior-4*-Assassin-3*)

For Beelzebub: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6069-Join-the-Beelzebub-Friends-Network-Today!&highlight=beelzebub

I have a newborn of light and has been a regular for a long time now, it is the easiest way to deal with GCR, I am quite happy to have one of them in my team.
So I suppose I should look for the characters you have mentioned and use my skill shard for others while I wait.
Thanks for the reply!

Askora
06-21-2017, 04:29 PM
It depends on what other characters you might have. With the next major update hopefully coming soon, I'm waiting with mine even though I've got some toons I could use them on. In pvp, on defense my Eddie isn't sharded, on offense I use unsharded toons a lot. Sometimes the skill shards don't add enough benefit to a particular character. Warrior Axis bomber boy is great for his passive, and skill shards won't make that part better. I'm not sure if his accuracy boost would apply to NBoL, something to test out. If it does, then he'd be great for that aspect.

Grim
06-21-2017, 05:14 PM
It depends on what other characters you might have. With the next major update hopefully coming soon, I'm waiting with mine even though I've got some toons I could use them on. In pvp, on defense my Eddie isn't sharded, on offense I use unsharded toons a lot. Sometimes the skill shards don't add enough benefit to a particular character. Warrior Axis bomber boy is great for his passive, and skill shards won't make that part better. I'm not sure if his accuracy boost would apply to NBoL, something to test out. If it does, then he'd be great for that aspect.

My character are the ones listed in my signature, at least the ones I am investing in. Very few of them are fully sharded and yet on the offensive I manage somehow.
About the NBoL, he has a strike set so hardly miss an occasion to counter, pairing him with ABB would change little to nothing right now. oh well, I'll think it over.

Askora
06-21-2017, 05:33 PM
My character are the ones listed in my signature, at least the ones I am investing in. Very few of them are fully sharded and yet on the offensive I manage somehow.
About the NBoL, he has a strike set so hardly miss an occasion to counter, pairing him with ABB would change little to nothing right now. oh well, I'll think it over.

MCR is definitely worth skill shards, she is part of my primary offense. Visions doesn't need skill shards for what he does best. With your Warrior NBoL the Assassin version is duplication although they can work well together. The rest of your works in progress I couldn't say, I've got a few of them but they warm the bench. MCR set up properly can single hit even sentinels pretty well, against warriors she's lethal. 100% steal and a freeze that if you set your toons up properly makes offense simple. I've tried her on defense but didn't have much success, don't know if it was who she was paired with or simply because people target her first.

Grim
06-21-2017, 06:00 PM
MCR is definitely worth skill shards, she is part of my primary offense. Visions doesn't need skill shards for what he does best. With your Warrior NBoL the Assassin version is duplication although they can work well together. The rest of your works in progress I couldn't say, I've got a few of them but they warm the bench. MCR set up properly can single hit even sentinels pretty well, against warriors she's lethal. 100% steal and a freeze that if you set your toons up properly makes offense simple. I've tried her on defense but didn't have much success, don't know if it was who she was paired with or simply because people target her first.

MCR is quite ready to enter the ring and almost sharded, however, considering how easily I get rid of her in combat I don't think she is fit for defence.

Askora
06-21-2017, 06:13 PM
MCR is quite ready to enter the ring and almost sharded, however, considering how easily I get rid of her in combat I don't think she is fit for defence.

That's the problem with her, she doesn't play defense well. I think the only toon that works really well on defense at the moment is Wrath. I know my offensive rate isn't the best, but it's decent so I can't imagine any defense is working that great. The ones I have the most difficulty with either have Wrath, or counter on nearly every character along with immunity and shields. Working on a counter to that defense, although sometimes it's all down to the RNG.

Grim
07-05-2017, 09:33 AM
So, I waited and yesterday I got the troll, children of the damned, and pyro soldier. Right now my team is overflowing with warrior characters.