PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Eddie (Magus Type)

Sparton_LOTB
06-21-2017, 08:51 PM

FURY

Time to Die
2 hits of magic damage to all enemies.
50% Chance to Trigger Doom effects currently on enemies, instantly killing them.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 15/20/25%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

BASIC SKILLS

Dream
Deals 2 hits of magic damage to a single target.
35% Chance to Vanish for 1 turn.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 10/15/20%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

Freezing Glance
Deals magic damage to a single target.
Freezes the target for 1 turn if they have 3 or more negative status effects.
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

Seventh Seal
Inflicts Doom on the target if they are currently Sealed.
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

POWER SKILLS

Holy Path
Deals magic damage to all enemies.
35% Chance to grant Immortality to all allies for 2 turns.
Immortality status will automatically revive the target upon death.
LV 2/4 Effect Chance +15/25%
LV 3/5 DMG+ 15/20%

Transcend
Grants Ascension to all allies for 2 turns.
Ascension increases ATK, MAGIC, DEF, and MR by 100%.

Truth and Lies
Heals all allies.
50% Chance to Transform all negative effects into a random buff.
Heal amount is based on your MR and the target's MAX HP.

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 2 Magus / 1 Sentinel

Coletrain
06-21-2017, 09:37 PM
At first glance, some amazing skills with the right characters in tow. Some of the effect chance scalings could be borderline too powerful but then again I haven't used him so I don't know if that's balanced by fragility/damage output.

Zapathusara
06-21-2017, 10:10 PM
Opened one. For now, its using random talis (2 green, 4 blue)

Healing 10k for the team
Medium to low damage (no shards)
Upset with the Fury animation

First veredict: an support eddie in the right team. For me, not better than Shaman (also support), but not a bad toon.

Stats:

mk ultra
06-22-2017, 12:24 AM
i did some testing in pvp against my current defending team (VE, purple newborn & 2 green harpies) and the Mystic did not help very much. every time i won, i won because the other toons in the team.
Mystic is wearing immunity, life & shell and unsharded. Holy Path triggers Immortality on at least one toon almost every time (max was 3 toons). fully sharded will have 75% chance to trigger immortality and i guess will be usefull in PVP. Heals 11k in this setup. Damage is low, sharded will be decent.

By mistake i attacked Kamuz with Mystic in place of the VE and i was totally killed, i had no chance to win at any point.

Lulero
06-22-2017, 12:56 AM
Feeling about same.

- Needs to be fully sharded
- Needs the right team (many synergies not found from current PvP staples)
- Don't think he'll ever be run on defense with success, AI can't play that toon, need to use the right skill on the right target every turn for a chance

Gonna wait and see what those with enough shards to spare will manage before doing that myself :p

The Educated fool
06-22-2017, 02:22 AM
Thanks to my awesome troopers, I got to try him out right away, and while he didn't blow me away, I think Mystical Eddie is pretty baddass. Can't wait for Ward and Overwhelming Eddies to come and complete the set! :cool:

MrFreeze
06-22-2017, 02:27 AM
Thanks to my awesome troopers, I got to try him out right away, and while he didn't blow me away, I think Mystical Eddie is pretty baddass. Can't wait for Ward and Overwhelming Eddies to come and complete the set! :cool:

All I can say so far is he looks like David Bowie. I'm not sure I'll end up using him much. Gotta give it some time, he's not OP in my opinion.

The Educated fool
06-22-2017, 02:31 AM
Yeah, from what I've seen, I'm not sure I'd be in a huge rush to shard him, to be honest... but I've got two blue Eddies maxed already, so I'm good for Magus anyway.

... still want him though. :cool:

Zapathusara
06-22-2017, 02:31 AM
Agree with the points already made here.
Healing is the good skill.

My suggestion: it should get Doom n freeze chances (15%?), and guaranteed if requisite are ok, much like FotD has chance and sure debuff.

As it is now, it requires toons not great (hell, as pointed to me, Beel can setup the freeze). Its best synergy are with purple rescuer (a meh toon).

And Fury just do nothing, since Doom are rare (and I see why it need to be rare).

EddieCarva
06-22-2017, 02:34 AM
Could someone clarify to me how this works ???

LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

Currently Sealed ??? Whats this ?

His fury has a 50% chance of instantly killing a toon whos doomed, but i didnt figure out how to put things to work.

Lulero
06-22-2017, 02:39 AM
Sealed disable a random ability.

Corrupt general has a power 7 cost that AoE seals.
ACR has a passive skill that seal one toon for 2 turn every turns.
Some others can as well.

Not worth the effort to setup IMO.

Zapathusara
06-22-2017, 03:16 AM
Could someone clarify to me how this works ???

LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

Currently Sealed ??? Whats this ?

His fury has a 50% chance of instantly killing a toon whos doomed, but i didnt figure out how to put things to work.

first, you need to get Seal from another teammate (this is why a suggested a change in the post above).

So, in order to achv the fury insta kill, you need to Seal someone. Purple Rescuer, Prisioner or DM can do the trick. Then, with the enemy sealed, you get a guaranteed Doom (seal will change to doom). And finally, you unleash your fury... And pray, cuz there is a chance to kill (or not) the enemy by proccing Doom.

Freeze is the same. Got 3 debuffs? Sure ice cream.

Askora
06-22-2017, 03:53 AM
first, you need to get Seal from another teammate (this is why a suggested a change in the post above).

So, in order to achv the fury insta kill, you need to Seal someone. Purple Rescuer, Prisioner or DM can do the trick. Then, with the enemy sealed, you get a guaranteed Doom (seal will change to doom). And finally, you unleash your fury... And pray, cuz there is a chance to kill (or not) the enemy by proccing Doom.

Freeze is the same. Got 3 debuffs? Sure ice cream.

Who needs to worry about all that garbage. Transcend doubles the damage of the rest of your team. Only tried one of my troopers that has him so far, want to set up a few toons before I use the others. My Ultimate Sacrificial Heart did 5800+ points of damage to sentinel Lord of Light. The Mystic Eddie I tried didn't hit hard, so I'm thinking he's more support than anything. Haven't tried any of his other abilities, but I'm thinking take him, an AoF and a few heavy hitters and you should be able to make pvp a one round event. Not OP at all. :rolleyes:

Browno
06-22-2017, 05:08 AM
Tried his ascension and wow my other toons went crazy. Non sharded assassin cotd hit for 14k in total.

GrimDusk
06-22-2017, 05:11 AM
What inspired this Eddie? Also, he looks awesome. If only I had luck with summoning.

DIEDD
06-22-2017, 05:38 AM
What inspired this Eddie? Also, he looks awesome. If only I had luck with summoning.

Seventh son art

EddieCarva
06-22-2017, 07:21 AM
Maybe a talisman with the seal hability coming soon. Would be nice !

iPoop
06-22-2017, 01:04 PM
Is it just me or does the blue and red eye make him look clown like?

Bradata
06-22-2017, 01:40 PM
I got him but don't like what he can do, he is a wimp! Can't believe devs made a big deal out of this one.

Mariner-1212
06-22-2017, 02:25 PM
After using him last night and this morning, I have these thoughts on him:

1. Ascension is the best trick in the book. All teammates crush it. I used this in LOL and to farm quickly, and try to get it off in the Arena as well... but at a cost of 6, and with MCR's freeze move dominating the arena, you have to choose between the two. And MCR wins that one - at least until I can skill shard Mystic.
2. Holy Path is cool if you get the immortality, but they come back to life with almost no HP. One hit and they're done, unless you manage to get your Truth And Lies move off before then. Fix that HP issue and this move is awesome.
3. Truth and Lies - works pretty solid. It says it's based on your MR, but I was pulling 12k health with 1200 MR and the same with 2000 MR from some ivory talismans... so not sure that this is scaling properly.
4. His standard Dream move (with chance to vanish) is fine, but very difficult to get a perfect hit on... it goes pretty quickly.
5. Seventh Seal - ugh. Only gotten that seal trick to work once, and that was with ACR on my team. Tried many times. The setup is painfully long, and completely useless in Arena because he'll be dead before you get that Fury (this was with 2 fury-stealing toons as well).
6. Time To Die fury move is solid damage-wise (got 1 skill shard on it) and the animation is fine, but I wish it was a little more grandiose. I like the big theatrical fury moves.
7. The best thing about Freezing Glance is the name. By the time I've got 3 negative effects on someone, I can kill them off with someone else rather than waste a turn and freeze them.

All in all, I'll be sharding him up to max. He seems to have great potential, and he's also one of the Eddies I wanted most when I found out about this game. I'll come back and add another assessment after that happens, but seeing as how I'm not Jofer, it's going to take a while for me to save up those skill shards! \m/

Mariner-1212
06-22-2017, 02:31 PM
I'll add this quick note - if (when) the time comes that we can use multiple Eddies, pairing Mystic with Eternity Eddie would be a beautiful combo. Eternity's fury dooms more often than not, and then Mystic in for the kill... can't wait to make that happen!

Askora
06-22-2017, 03:26 PM
Just another way OP toon. Didn't pull him, but several troopers with him so tried him out. With Ascension, my unsharded Nomad got a nice 17,451 point hit on sentinel LoL. Only hit for 10,073 without ascension. Had to work hard to try out his heal ability, which seems to heal the whole team extremely well, didn't get a chance to see how the debuff removal works.

His Fury, doesn't look promising due to too much setup, basic abilities seem to be a bit lackluster with his low damage. He shines with those power abilities though. Something very obvious just by looking at the descriptions. Entire team super buff that requires no skill shards and is 100% (unless beneficial effects happened to be blocked). About the only ability that seems worth getting skill shards on is Holy Path, and why bother when that ability will probably not get used much.

I have to wonder how the conversation between the devs went though. Maybe something like.

Dev1: "You know all those toons we had to nerf since they were way to unbalanced? We should make a character that can not only nullify that, but can make them even more overpowering then they were before."

Dev2: "That's a great idea! I'm sure the players will like that way more than new content or bug fixes."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset because I didn't pull him. I only bought 3 Seer souls and while I've got enough to make a Tier VI sacrifice, I don't like the fact that now I don't even have a chance for Skill shards or a Legendary soul at that tier. Most people who have the means to try and get him will have him in the first couple of days, after that it's pointless.

Both of my brothers are Maiden fans and gamers. I got them both playing, and they've since grown tired of the game. I've watched as numerous forum members (which I see as the hardcore players) give up on the game. I read the comments on their FB page and see almost nothing but disappointment in the game and videos with a paltry 3K views. All of that really makes me wonder where this game is headed.

I applaud the developers for trying to make the game free to play. I realize they need to make money, but the prices are outrageous. I can buy an entire game (with considerably more content and few if any bugs) for my console for the price of a skill shard pack. The RNG part can be frustrating, but I can live with that. Once in a while it seems like they make some headway with new features, but then they do something that makes the game feel like a late alpha or very early beta.

Sorry to anyone who took the time to read this. I just needed to rant as I love the concept of the game, the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not done playing yet, but it gets harder every day.

Tridimensionale
06-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Sorry to anyone who took the time to read this. I just needed to rant as I love the concept of the game, the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not done playing yet, but it gets harder every day.

Don t worry Askora.. you are in good company.. lot of players that feel the same way ;)

Lulero
06-22-2017, 07:45 PM
*Hugs Askora*

I can see where you coming from, even though I don't feel the same. I got caught up in some other similar games, this one is rather cheap (ikr), unique and love the fluff. So I keep up with its flaws, mostly the game logic to me, we only see the tip of the iceberg but given the bugs that surface I can only imagine what's going on behind the scene and how hard it is for the devs to keep going... Not surprised the new areas are taking time, actually I hope they refactoring a lot of things, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

This thread should be brighter though! About the new Eddie:

I'll add this quick note - if (when) the time comes that we can use multiple Eddies, pairing Mystic with Eternity Eddie would be a beautiful combo. Eternity's fury dooms more often than not, and then Mystic in for the kill... can't wait to make that happen!

You can already do similar stuff in PvE. And no need to fetch far, when you switch your Eddie you keep the buffs, like ascension. AoF helps to make the most of it.

MrFreeze
06-23-2017, 01:55 AM

Should have released the spiders from mars along with Bowie Eddie.

Fudjo
06-23-2017, 10:24 AM
All I can say so far is he looks like David Bowie.

I've been calling him Uncle Rick 'cause he looks like Rick from Rick & Morty. :)

MrFreeze
06-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Ha. I'm not familiar with Rick and Morty, but he does look like that guy. Is the other guy a GBB without his helmet?

Browno
12-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Im lazy :p
Just added this to my maxed eddies collection. Any useful combos or teams that go well with this guy. Might figure something out by myself when i have the time :p

annouvis25
08-07-2018, 05:33 AM
i summoned yesterday night its only lvl 79 i change the GRE EDDIE (full lvl and skills) with Mystigue all skill lvl (1) its AMAZING i put him into arena and garden of dismay lvl x and garden of life auto combat arena i win 9/10 combat and autofarm gardens easily
4 set Holy and 2 Stone max lvl all of this the rest of team is .. Child of the damned(gunner) (fullskills) with PRimordial Talisman (not foul lvl yet) 6 pack, WRATH full skills 1 set Immortal Talisman(purple) and 1 set Strike Talisman(red) and BEELZEBUB Full skill Eternal Talisman 6 pack green low level all of this 40/40 lvl 4 ... this combo makes the all team an AMAZING TANK

Zantarath
12-31-2018, 11:23 PM
Speed of light does a better job triggering doom if he has a applier

HK-47
01-28-2019, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know why this guy has so much health? It started around 9000ish, then the devs kept buffing it in updates for no apparent reason til it hit 12500ish, which is more than the majority of sentinels.

I'm not complaining because he was my main Eddie til I scored a Phantom in his event. I just wonder why he has so much health, especially for a magus.

Mitch-4441
02-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know why this guy has so much health? It started around 9000ish, then the devs kept buffing it in updates for no apparent reason til it hit 12500ish, which is more than the majority of sentinels.

I'm not complaining because he was my main Eddie til I scored a Phantom in his event. I just wonder why he has so much health, especially for a magus.
What toons were you running with him before you switched to Phantom?

HK-47
02-19-2019, 06:06 AM
Wrath, Gunner Sniper and Corrupt General. Was pretty good going first or second back before he got outclassed by newer characters

edsel
09-01-2019, 04:54 PM

FURY

Time to Die
2 hits of magic damage to all enemies.
50% Chance to Trigger Doom effects currently on enemies, instantly killing them.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 15/20/25%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

BASIC SKILLS

Dream
Deals 2 hits of magic damage to a single target.
35% Chance to Vanish for 1 turn.
LV 2/3/5 DMG+ 10/15/20%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

Freezing Glance
Freezes the target for 1 turn if they have 3 or more negative status effects.
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

Seventh Seal
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

POWER SKILLS

Holy Path
Deals magic damage to all enemies.
35% Chance to grant Immortality to all allies for 2 turns.
Immortality status will automatically revive the target upon death.
LV 2/4 Effect Chance +15/25%
LV 3/5 DMG+ 15/20%

Transcend
Grants Ascension to all allies for 2 turns.
Ascension increases ATK, MAGIC, DEF, and MR by 100%.

Truth and Lies
Heals all allies.
50% Chance to Transform all negative effects into a random buff.
Heal amount is based on your MR and the target's MAX HP.

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 2 Magus / 1 Sentinel

Since Mystic fury no longer only has % chance of triggering doom like what is described here upon introduction, can a new level 4 fury skill level replace the current +% of nothing please?6043now that he is finally useful this should turn into something of value60446045

URock
09-02-2019, 03:33 PM
What did they say? They play their own game? NEVER!