PDA

View Full Version : [Inventory] Inactive / useless stash

Lulero
06-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Edited title, see above. It didn't change the thread name for reasons.

Issues:

(1) Inventories for characters & talismans are too limited
(2) Management of the characters & talismans you actually use is annoying (especially for talismans)
(3) Related, you cannot easily tell how many of a particular character or talisman you own

Notes:
- The sell interfaces are much easier to browse than the bottom bar
- To be able to sort characters and talismans is good, but could be extended

Suggestions:

Filters:

Sorting options are useful, but filters are very needed, for both characters (as Slauki illustrated below) and talismans.

The more filter options the better:
- character class/stars/max level
- talisman class/type/sub-type/stars/max level (possible to achieve close to a class filter already by selecting a slot of the wanted color, but it's only a workaround)
- specific to sell talisman interface, those new

Item count:

Add, to character/talisman views, the amount of similar items owned. Wouldn't hurt to have a breakdown with types/stars/level along with the total figure.

Quick sell: (Note: In the work according to Sparton, see answers)

When awarding new talismans, given the player can see how much he owns of that particular type as per suggested, add the option to sell them right away without going through inventory.

Some context:

I maxed both inventories.

To ease management of talismans I can't max yet, level 2 means "I want more of that", level 3 means "I don't want more of that". When selling I search for level 1 talismans and look at levels of the others from that type to know if I should keep or actually sell. It's quite tedious.

I also artificially expended my talismans inventory by storing some on my 4* characters. I hate having to do this as it's quite annoying to track.

Edit notes:

- Removed the inactive stash suggestion, hard to describe and filters arguably better and for sure easier to implement
- Added filters (credit to Slauki, even though I was about to edit anyway to include that exact one, but without his brilliant illustration for characters)
- Improved readability
- Added a note about quick sell being in the work

slauki
06-25-2017, 01:07 PM
was about to make a thread, but somehow i didn't see your suggestions. so i will contibute here.

easy way to improve the navigation for chars and talis would be something like this:

you could easily use it for character and talismans in campaign and pvp and you safe the annoying scroll a little. once you click the assassin button the bar should navigate you to assassin chars or talismans ans so on.

EDIT: since we have so much negativity latey on the forums it's great that someone tries to give some constructive critic. thanks for that lulero

kkkreg5
06-26-2017, 02:28 AM
I'm having a hard time visualizing your suggestion Lulero, but anything is better than what I'm doing right now with my Talisman inventory. I have a spread sheet and good ol' pen and paper to keep track of my excess inventory.

kkkreg5
06-26-2017, 02:29 AM
was about to make a thread, but somehow i didn't see your suggestions. so i will contibute here.

easy way to improve the navigation for chars and talis would be something like this:

you could easily use it for character and talismans in campaign and pvp and you safe the annoying scroll a little. once you click the assassin button the bar should navigate you to assassin chars or talismans ans so on.

EDIT: since we have so much negativity latey on the forums it's great that someone tries to give some constructive critic. thanks for that lulero

This would be a great in game tune up Slauki.

Lulero
06-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Came back to this thread as I was about to edit it to include the filtering suggestion. Gave credit to Slauki as he was faster than me and provided a nice illustration of it.

Removed the inactive stash entirely, I like filters way more and easier to work in the game. I updated the title but it didn't affect it in thread list ...

Also improved overall readability.

If you want something similar, do answer this thread, the more it gets the higher odds it has to reach the devs (although they must be thinking of something similar, might make it higher priority).

Sparton_LOTB
06-27-2017, 06:37 PM
If you want something similar, do answer this thread, the more it gets the higher odds it has to reach the devs (although they must be thinking of something similar, might make it higher priority).

Amusingly, one of the programmers just finished preliminary work for selling a just-earned talisman, so we're definitely on the same page there. That feature won't make it into the next major release, but assuming there aren't major bugs, it'll probably make it into the subsequent one.

I appreciate all the suggestions in here. Definitely keep them coming, and I can adjust/update what our tentative plans are if you guys come up with better stuff we can do within the timeframes we're able to budget for inventory improvements.

Silentknight
06-27-2017, 07:15 PM
but assuming there aren't major bugs

Not funny...cruel even!

Lulero
07-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Amusingly, one of the programmers just finished preliminary work for selling a just-earned talisman, so we're definitely on the same page there. That feature won't make it into the next major release, but assuming there aren't major bugs, it'll probably make it into the subsequent one.

I appreciate all the suggestions in here. Definitely keep them coming, and I can adjust/update what our tentative plans are if you guys come up with better stuff we can do within the timeframes we're able to budget for inventory improvements.

Good hearing from you Sparton. I can see the team focusing on new player experience, I can only imagine how more awesome the game progression is with those new missions. I like it.

Glad to hear "Quick Sell" is in the work, I really think the other two are manageable with even less investment. In particular "Item Counts" (with a breakdown please!) would help to take quick sell decisions. But among them all, filters is still my most wanted.

Won't be adding suggestions to this thread, it already has flawed title ;) But do hope more people show their support.

ps: On a side note, the vocal minority (forumers) would probably be more supportive of you guys if you shared a bit what those "plans" are. No matter if it's heavy focus on early game and only bits for veterans. I, for one, would instead be delighted to know you are getting ready to go back on advertising the game.

Blacksteel
08-08-2017, 12:46 AM
I support the need for filters.
Maybe they could also add a talisman 'swap bag', where you drop talismans to be moved from one character to another, just drop talis on the bag for faster reassignation, no problem if inventory gets full.

Also what about the following (yeah, this could belong to a different thread but wth, let's make some noise):
Ability to pre-set different teams for the arena.
Ability to pre-set different teams for the arena defense test.
Ability to select result of coin toss for the arena defense test.

Inishmore
08-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Ability to pre-set different teams for the arena.
Ability to pre-set different teams for the arena defense test.
Ability to select result of coin toss for the arena defense test.

OH YES! Especially the coin toss is going on my nerves big time!