PDA

View Full Version : pvp

wipp
06-24-2017, 08:53 PM
ok is my game broke or is this a money making scam. i went to bed last night at 2 am with 4200 points. i woke up at 7:30 and logged in. In 5 hrs i went down to 2900. Well i decided to start playing asap. eternal eddie and corrupt gunner rendered useless. no titan shield all day, two hits and hes dead. strike tals dont work and lightning meter does not produce untill third round. all week i had no problem winning easily , but today i lose every battle. what am i doing wrong? also how long does it take you to regain 1000 points? i played gmac at 11:00 and he had 4400 points, now he has 6600 points in 4 hrs. something looks fishy to me. how do you get 3000 points in 3.5 hrs? it takes me a good 20 min to complete 10 battles..

Dank Brew
06-24-2017, 08:57 PM
I just went thru a half hour battle where I kept reviving and dying and I finally got everyone healed and it froze. FML. It was about to be an epic comeback.

Jofer16
06-24-2017, 11:01 PM
Sorry. The ratio system is a product of me being awesome and the devs being too stupid to realize it was skill. Penalized for playing the game. Don't grind up unless you're willing to attack like a madman or it's close to reset.

wipp
06-24-2017, 11:42 PM
yeah sorry my first post had to be negative but its frustrating to put so much time and money into playing. Toddling in 1st through 5th place all week. then get screwed on the last day . im now ranked 150 because of that bs

BG840
06-24-2017, 11:45 PM
How long have you been playing Wipp?

wipp
06-24-2017, 11:50 PM
i have been playing for a yr or so

BG840
06-25-2017, 12:05 AM
What am I missing here? Green angel,CRE, blue gen., and blue bat. After first 3 killed I killed the bat only to have him resurrect. What caused this?

We can't stop here!! This is bat country!!

Silentknight
06-25-2017, 12:09 AM
What am I missing here? Green angel,CRE, blue gen., and blue bat. After first 3 killed I killed the bat only to have him resurrect. What caused this?

We can't stop here!! This is bat country!!

Had an entire team revive with no toon that can do that! Now that u mention it there was an AoS.

surfingwithdje
06-25-2017, 12:45 AM
Hi Wipp, i noticed you attacked me many many times (at least 20 times, I'm Dje). I don't really understand what happened ? For the GCR's shield it is desactivate by the prisoner's passive if you havn't immunity tals but i suppose you know that and you meet another issue today ?

wipp
06-25-2017, 01:14 AM
hey DJE yes i remember playing you many times. Yes i am aware of that, prisoner is nasty. best way for me to describe today is... have you ever had a match that you lost and felt you lost not because of skill, or the other team was better, but because it just seems you were doomed from the beginning? your shots get absorbed and do very little damage, you never get an extra turn. one hit kills you and stuns your whole team. lightning meter charges slow. resurrection glitch , etc. then you play the second match and win easily? Well that game happened 40 times to me today in a row, no matter who i played , i got smoked. i wanted to throw my phone at the wall lol. last night i was going on 35 win streaks playing the top tier players, and today my ranked dropped and i was losing every battle very badly. then around 5:30 its like someone turned the switch off and i went back on a win streak and things got easy again

surfingwithdje
06-25-2017, 01:36 AM
Seems like you meet a new bug... I hope it's fix now and you can return to fight for the high ranks this week :)
Nothing similar for me but I noticed there are still some bugs... For example i lose some battles due to the Aof who trigger the extra turn when my 4 characters were still alive :/

T-Man
06-25-2017, 02:17 AM
The arena is completely overwhelmed with bugs. It's practically unplayable. I only refilled once this week and maybe 2-3 times last week. It's not fun at all right now.

The latest for me, after using the Viking's fury, next turn used Maraud and it froze 3 out of 4 of my team. Lol

This was just one of the many bugs I had. I'd guess they are in the hundreds now.

I won't even bother to make a list and submit a ticket any more. There are too many issues to list. It's absurd that a game centered around the biggest metal band in the world can't get it right.

GotN
06-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Full ack TMan, pvp is definitely bugged over and over and no fun to play atm. Just fought pippo. Killed all his troopers except GRE. When it was his turn he performed fury 3 TIMES IN A ROW reviving all three troopers and beating the hell out of me because of course I was not prepared for that because normally it is impossible! Finally won, but definitely it would have been a bug win for pippo.

Monte47
06-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Only bug I've experienced in the last couple of days, the game just stops and they stand there like they are waiting for something. No error comes up, isn't glitchy, it just stops letting you play.

slauki
06-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Only bug I've experienced in the last couple of days, the game just stops and they stand there like they are waiting for something. No error comes up, isn't glitchy, it just stops letting you play.

yep had the same yesterday once.
GCR revives wrath wrath attacked and all buttons disappered and my team stood there and couldn't act (canyptian was it i think). lokked like tritiums 3tap bug... and some apma are still there but it's better than some weeks ago.

BadTaste
06-25-2017, 02:48 PM
GCR revives wrath wrath attacked and all buttons disappered and my team stood there and couldn't act (canyptian was it i think).
I experienced exactly the same, except that Wrath froze when he was about to preform his attack after beeing revived. The only thing I could do was to exit the match. This was against Zidar yesterday, just b4 reset.

Chaosego888
06-25-2017, 03:08 PM
I experienced exactly the same, except that Wrath froze when he was about to preform his attack after beeing revived. The only thing I could do was to exit the match. This was against Zidar yesterday, just b4 reset.Same exact situation for me versus Zidar two hours before reset, I should have just stopped playing then...

Crazypants
06-25-2017, 03:17 PM

THIS! This right fucking here. Ive had the freeze dance happen so many times this past week. Used to happen once in a while but this week its happened so many times, Sometimes multiple times in a row. Contacted support about it, they cant help. My guess its a deep rooted programing error thats gonna be a nightmare to strip down and fix.

Monte47
06-25-2017, 09:04 PM
THIS! This right fucking here. Ive had the freeze dance happen so many times this past week. Used to happen once in a while but this week its happened so many times, Sometimes multiple times in a row. Contacted support about it, they cant help. My guess its a deep rooted programing error thats gonna be a nightmiare to strip down and fix.

It's gotta be Wrath. Every time it's happened, he is on the defense.

Crazypants
06-25-2017, 09:11 PM
It's gotta be Wrath. Every time it's happened, he is on the defense.

Ive had it happen with Wrath without wrath, on lord of light and today on the 12 SOT tailsman daily skull quest. I wiped while auto farming it and rezzed cuz i was piggybacking a trooper and it fucking rezzed me to the dance freeze. So I wasted 12 SOT, 10 ironite and screwed a trooper out of badges for the day. Feels like this game is in open beta and were paying to be beta testers.

The Educated fool
06-25-2017, 09:34 PM
I can definitely confirm that it happens without Wrath as well. Had the game freeze a few times on me exactly like this while farming on auto in Battlefield the past couple of days. My team was Samurai Eddie, Wicker Man and AoF... they just stopped in the middle of attacking, and nothing would bring them out of it. Very frustrating.

Monte47
06-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I can definitely confirm that it happens without Wrath as well. Had the game freeze a few times on me exactly like this while farming on auto in Battlefield the past couple of days. My team was Samurai Eddie, Wicker Man and AoF... they just stopped in the middle of attacking, and nothing would bring them out of it. Very frustrating.

Is frustrating. Only one of my losses so far is legit. The rest are the lockup.

James-6655
06-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Well I might as well add my two cents worth as well...

With the addition of the externals, PVP broke. If the defender gets first turn and has multiple taunters or stunners along with an eternal (especially Wrath) there are times the attacker never gets to control a single characters attack. PVP should not be whoever goes first wins but that is almost where it is now. Probably 80-90% of my losses come when I can't select attacks through the first 2-3 rounds.

Maybe some sort of limit on first turn taunts/stuns would work (lowering the percentage on taunting characters maybe? I don't know, but something).

Same for retaliatory taunting when someone attacks with their first toon only to have their remaining toons taunted by a retribution strike. It's fine to taunt when it's your turn and the next opponents turn they lose control of attackers that got taunted, but when an offensive turn starts a team should not be limited to just one strike before a retaliatory strike taunts the remaining attackers.

Silentknight
06-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Is frustrating. Only one of my losses so far is legit. The rest are the lockup.

Join the club. 5 lists yesterday...1 bug free. Between the semi-frozen toons & the improper AoF extra turns...gave up! Jofer mentioned beta yesterday...beta wasn't this bad!!!

Monte47
06-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Join the club. 5 lists yesterday...1 bug free. Between the semi-frozen toons & the improper AoF extra turns...gave up! Jofer mentioned beta yesterday...beta wasn't this bad!!!

I've had a bug where a character on my team is stunning someone on defense. I have stun Tali on my MCR, but I'm for sure it wasn't her because I used her special. Bug benefited me, but lost them the match. Agree on Beta. Feel bad for NF, but we reaaaaally need new content or maps.

Silentknight
06-25-2017, 11:02 PM
I've had a bug where a character on my team is stunning someone on defense. I have stun Tali on my MCR, but I'm for sure it wasn't her because I used her special. Bug benefited me, but lost them the match. Agree on Beta. Feel bad for NF, but we reaaaaally need new content or maps.

Entire teams being revived w/o any toon that can do that, counter a counter...I can keep goin!

Silentknight
06-25-2017, 11:05 PM
mjm...wake the fuck up & start this weeks post,lmao!

CanyptianFit
06-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Well at least a winning strategy is using toons that are broke to get the wins?

Sorry.

Silentknight
06-25-2017, 11:20 PM
Well at least a winning strategy is using toons that are broke to get the wins?

Sorry.

Yeah, instead of NBoL,they shoulda given away AoFs. At least we'd all have the same advantage!

Monte47
06-26-2017, 12:42 AM
Yeah, instead of NBoL,they shoulda given away AoFs. At least we'd all have the same advantage!

*starts sharding AoF, wins eternal, basks in sweet Internet glory*

Nicko
06-26-2017, 01:56 AM

"Beta wasn't this bad"...I laughed out loud at that comment...but the sad thing is it's true!

Nicko
06-26-2017, 02:07 AM
Wipp - your original concerns kind of got derailed into a PvP complaints thread. Easy to happen. A couple comments.

1) Look at some of the most recent weekly PvP posts - I comment pretty extensively on how to work the current point system. Jofer answered your question - if you rise fast you'll fall fast - unless you're ready to keep playing non-stop. Do exactly what he said - wait until the last day to soar. Otherwise it makes sense to cherry pick players above you throughout the week - or even just play your free SoW. Then on the last day - or last few hours - let it rip.

2) GMAC is a stand-up guy - who also happens to be a great player - so yes - he gained a ton of points fast. Certain players like Jofer, GMAC, and Carlos are simply beasts. They rise fast and and have this down to a science.

Silentknight
06-26-2017, 02:46 AM
"Beta wasn't this bad"...I laughed out loud at that comment...but the sad thing is it's true!

Yeah, I know. Questioned it after, but the freezefest was at least consistent! Bugs are getting worse not better!

wipp
06-26-2017, 03:07 AM
thanks for the tips nicko, i will read up tonight since im not in the tourney this week

MoonShadow
06-26-2017, 06:47 AM
ok is my game broke or is this a money making scam. i went to bed last night at 2 am with 4200 points. i woke up at 7:30 and logged in. In 5 hrs i went down to 2900. Well i decided to start playing asap. eternal eddie and corrupt gunner rendered useless. no titan shield all day, two hits and hes dead. strike tals dont work and lightning meter does not produce untill third round. all week i had no problem winning easily , but today i lose every battle. what am i doing wrong? also how long does it take you to regain 1000 points? i played gmac at 11:00 and he had 4400 points, now he has 6600 points in 4 hrs. something looks fishy to me. how do you get 3000 points in 3.5 hrs? it takes me a good 20 min to complete 10 battles..Among other things said around here, I've said a while back that there are specific time periods when the A.I. performs better than usual, thus - suddenly - it becomes harder to win a match. No one said anything, so maybe I'm wrong, but I still noticed, like you, that after I had no problem winning easily many matches, all of a sudden I start losing them, one after one. There must be something... fishy, of course. :)

wipp
06-26-2017, 11:41 AM
well said moonshadow. when i was saying something was fishy, i was not trying to bash gmac, i was referring to exactly what you just said . just couldn't simplify it like you did

Chaosego888
06-26-2017, 11:50 AM
Among other things said around here, I've said a while back that there are specific time periods when the A.I. performs better than usual, thus - suddenly - it becomes harder to win a match. No one said anything, so maybe I'm wrong, but I still noticed, like you, that after I had no problem winning easily many matches, all of a sudden I start losing them, one after one. There must be something... fishy, of course. :)I have noticed this in the past...thought maybe the players win streak modifiers carried over to their defense...If so, not a bad thing.

MoonShadow
06-26-2017, 03:49 PM
well said moonshadow. when i was saying something was fishy, i was not trying to bash gmac, i was referring to exactly what you just said . just couldn't simplify it like you didThere must be something, if we aren't the only ones who noticed it... ;)

I have noticed this in the past...thought maybe the players win streak modifiers carried over to their defense...If so, not a bad thing.Well, I firstly thought of that, too, but I noticed that the defense performs all the right moves and does not make any silly steps... until my team is wiped out. Which also isn't a bad thing for a defense, but... I don't like it when I'm attacking.. :)

gmac
06-26-2017, 08:34 PM
2) GMAC is a stand-up guy - who also happens to be a great player - so yes - he gained a ton of points fast. Certain players like Jofer, GMAC, and Carlos are simply beasts. They rise fast and and have this down to a science.

Nicko,

Saw this yesterday, thx for the kind words!

wipp, we're cool, no worries. Please PM me if you have any specific questions.

cheers
gmac

wipp
07-01-2017, 12:58 PM
dje your defense gives me hell.