PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Week - From July 1st to July 8th!

Sparton_LOTB
07-02-2017, 12:00 AM
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast is one year old! We've had an incredible year, and want to thank you for your support over the past 12 months.

To celebrate, we’re running a number of anniversary week events and giveaways for our community! Be sure to follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/IronMaidenLegacyoftheBeast/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ironmaidenlotb/?hl=en) so you don’t miss out!

Bigger Rewards and Better Drops!

Holy Smoke! Our anniversary week is packed with incredible events! From July 1-8 you can expect the following:

New daily login rewards! Collect more Ironite and an additional skill shard in the first 6 days of the month!
Rare Souls of all types (including class souls) will have x2 the chance of summoning a 4 or 5 star character!
Precious soul fragments now appear in story missions! Play levels in the Ailing Kingdom, Kingdom of the Sands, Battlefield and Underworld for a chance to earn Precious Soul Fragments!

Also, for the month of July, get 50% off the Legendary Soul available in the Arena store.

Incredible Deals In-game!

Head to the Legacy of the Beast store now and get your hands on the Anniversary Soul! This Soul gives you the chance to get many of the characters released over the past year. That includes:

Lord of Light characters
Fear of the Dark Eddie + Halloween characters
Storm Eddie + Brave New World characters
Viking Eddie
Coalgiver Eddie + Christmas characters
Navigator Eddie
Shaman Eddie
Mystic Eddie

We’re also offering a number of packs, including the Anniversary Legendary Pack which includes the all-new Mythic Soul. This Soul is guaranteed to summon a natural 5 star character (excluding the 4 Eternals and Grim Reaper Eddie).

Potential drops include Cyborg Eddie, Shaman Eddie, Corrupt General, and more!

Up the Irons!

Silentknight
07-02-2017, 12:02 AM
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast is one year old! We've had an incredible year, and want to thank you for your support over the past 12 months.

To celebrate, we’re running a number of anniversary week events and giveaways for our community! Be sure to follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/IronMaidenLegacyoftheBeast/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ironmaidenlotb/?hl=en) so you don’t miss out

And the rest of us??? Forum=ugly stepchild!!!

Rain88
07-02-2017, 12:19 AM
Cool event. Does the rare soul boost include gunner/assassin souls?

90mphyorker
07-02-2017, 12:19 AM
So if I want a Mythic soul, to gurantee a 5* character I have to stump up $159 AUD? Gee thanks. Here's a reward for playing for a year, but only if you give us a insanely large portion of cash.

I think this anniversary event is good. All the other rewards a nice and or great, but this Mythic Sould should be purchasable by Ironite too. Not just cash.

Sparton_LOTB
07-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Cool event. Does the rare soul boost include gunner/assassin souls?

It does! All of the souls you can buy with Trooper Points as well.

Mariner-1212
07-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Just... THANKS!

Liebhild
07-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I'm so happy, legendary shit, ups, soul gave me another 4* dupe.

2 times higher chance to get again nothing for much money.

Over 100$ ??? I buy better beer for this, 100% chance to get a headache.

gmac
07-02-2017, 12:41 AM
No BNW, another soul event, no way to use Iron Coins... this is absurd!!!

Btw, just opened both legendary souls, one from Arena results and one from Arena store. ANOTHER ABB and ANOTHER SGS (lost count on how many of those I have gotten so far).

The 3 GA souls from arena did not shine red eyes either.

Nicko and Caliza12 put a show today and you guys give us... this?

Are you guys insane?

gmac

BonFire
07-02-2017, 12:45 AM
Sod it, guess I'll play the game again... Latest patch made it so I have to get 1 more skill shard for Wrath.

Monte47
07-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Rofl. I bought two anniversary souls... wait for it... two Gunner NBoL. Lol. I'll never learn. Also, lol, I JUST bought a Legendary Soul in the arena right before reset. Maiden Gods are not pleased with me.

JJJ428
07-02-2017, 12:58 AM
I understand this isn't BNW like we wanted but I think this is a pretty bad ass event. Seems like no matter what devs give us all I see is complaining in the forums. Even if we go get BNW I am sure everyone will complain about all the different bugs too, people are just not happy some times.

angelkelly
07-02-2017, 01:05 AM
Does the anniversary souls only give the character listed or something else?

Sparton_LOTB
07-02-2017, 01:10 AM
Does the anniversary souls only give the character listed or something else?

Only the character listed. If you're pining for a particular character that debuted since launch, now's a good time.

(Just not the 2 star characters we added. You'll have to stick to other souls for those.)

angelkelly
07-02-2017, 01:13 AM
Only the character listed. If you're pining for a particular character that debuted since launch, now's a good time.

(Just not the 2 star characters we added. You'll have to stick to other souls for those.)

Thank you.:)

Monte47
07-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Also, thanks for event. Looking forward to precious soul fragments while doing troopers. But, GIB ME MOAR MISSIONS! Lol, that was fun

JJJ428
07-02-2017, 01:19 AM
Finally got Gunner corrupt rescuer, expect a nerf on her next update :) Also got two pumpkins and two different reindeer, I say was worth 900 ironite to me. If I can grind some extra ironite this week might consider another 10 pack. Though my eternity soul was my 2nd beezlebub win some lose some.

90mphyorker
07-02-2017, 01:19 AM
I understand this isn't BNW like we wanted but I think this is a pretty bad ass event. Seems like no matter what devs give us all I see is complaining in the forums. Even if we go get BNW I am sure everyone will complain about all the different bugs too, people are just not happy some times.

I think it's a great event. I just wish there was an option to by the Mythical Soul with Ironite, not just cash. Wasted 900 Ironite on the Anniversary Soul and like every other Soul event received no 5* characters. Best I've ever got was 4*, never the Eddie with the increased drop rate or any rare characters. Would be nice to be able to purchase a 5* character with Ironite and for once get a 5* character. But instead they've made that only available to pay to play players, disappointing.

Still, at least I finally got an Assassin Golden Son through the Anniversary Souls so that's at least something. And then through all the Sacrificing I did I get a Rare Souls which dropped a dupe 5* Alliance General. So least a 5* dropped for me today, if not my desired one *cough Cyborg! Will save him to build up to 50,000 essence for a Ultimate Sacrifice.

Thanks for the event guys, may disagree with some of it, but thanks for giving us lots of events recently.

Nicko
07-02-2017, 01:27 AM
No BNW, another soul event, no way to use Iron Coins... this is absurd!!!

Btw, just opened both legendary souls, one from Arena results and one from Arena store. ANOTHER ABB and ANOTHER SGS (lost count on how many of those I have gotten so far).

The 3 GA souls from arena did not shine red eyes either.

Nicko and Caliza12 put a show today and you guys give us... this?

Are you guys insane?

gmac

Hah! Thanks GMAC! That was a blast. Caliza and I dovetailed all afternoon - and in the end - he edged me out. Great competition and congrats to both you and Caliza!

Wanted to focus on your Iron Coins comment

Sparton - not to hijack the thread - but anything else planned for Iron Coins like the one-time Eternity Soul purchase? Some of the heavy players have multiples of the 20,000 used for that event.

A small subset of players I know - but at this point all these coins seem kind of useless.

Thanks!

gmac
07-02-2017, 01:41 AM
Hah! Thanks GMAC! That was a blast. Caliza and I dovetailed all afternoon - and in the end - he edged me out. Great competition and congrats to both you and Caliza!

Wanted to focus on your Iron Coins comment

Awesome show you guys put out there. Amazing to watch! Respect.

Yeah, how about our Iron coins, 91k and counting!!!

Cheers
gmac

Browno
07-02-2017, 03:27 AM
Finally got coalgiver :) now i know that i at least can get all eddies ;)

Sparton_LOTB
07-02-2017, 03:45 AM
Sparton - not to hijack the thread - but anything else planned for Iron Coins like the one-time Eternity Soul purchase? Some of the heavy players have multiples of the 20,000 used for that event.

A small subset of players I know - but at this point all these coins seem kind of useless.

I think one of the biggest problems we have is finding a good solution that'll feel valuable to people with massive Iron Coin caches without it feeling pay to win/too exclusive for other players. We do have an event coming later this month involving Iron Coins, so we'll see what everyone thinks about that when it arrives. We just didn't want to throw something grindy into the Anniversary event (especially since we want people to go after the Precious Soul Fragments in the campaign).

90mphyorker
07-02-2017, 04:57 AM
You need to sort these ads out. An ad everytime you go on to home screen is ridiculous.

Crazypants
07-02-2017, 05:03 AM
Finally got coalgiver :) now i know that i at least can get all eddies ;)

Oh man that's a really awesome score, Gratz!

Murdog19
07-02-2017, 05:09 AM
I just bought 10 anniversary souls. I got Mystic and FotD Eddies dupes. Well, the sacrifice chamber is gonna be satisfied

Demnity
07-02-2017, 05:41 AM
Got another Mystic Eddie from anniversary soul =.= i want coalgiver eddieeee

thealchemist
07-02-2017, 05:53 AM
Incredible Deals In-game!

Head to the Legacy of the Beast store now and get your hands on the Anniversary Soul! This Soul gives you the chance to get many of the characters released over the past year. That includes:

Lord of Light characters
Fear of the Dark Eddie + Halloween characters
Storm Eddie + Brave New World characters
Viking Eddie
Coalgiver Eddie + Christmas characters
Navigator Eddie
Shaman Eddie
Mystic Eddie

We’re also offering a number of packs, including the Anniversary Legendary Pack which includes the all-new Mythic Soul. This Soul is guaranteed to summon a natural 5 star character (excluding the 4 Eternals and Grim Reaper Eddie).

Potential drops include Cyborg Eddie, Shaman Eddie, Corrupt General, and more!

Up the Irons!

Are these for July 1-8 or the whole month of July? I'm a bit confused as first part of post is clear about July 1-8 items, then mentions during the month of July about legendary soul at 50%. Then no dates given here for the part I've quoted.

Sparton_LOTB
07-02-2017, 06:13 AM
Are these for July 1-8 or the whole month of July? I'm a bit confused as first part of post is clear about July 1-8 items, then mentions during the month of July about legendary soul at 50%. Then no dates given here for the part I've quoted.

The Legendary Soul is 50% off for the whole month. Everything else (Precious Soul Fragments from Cosmos quests, increased 4 star and 5 star character chances in Rare-quality souls, Anniversary deals in main Store) are only for July 1-8.

thealchemist
07-02-2017, 07:45 AM
The Legendary Soul is 50% off for the whole month. Everything else (Precious Soul Fragments from Cosmos quests, increased 4 star and 5 star character chances in Rare-quality souls, Anniversary deals in main Store) are only for July 1-8.

Thanks I figured that might have been the case.

Rain88
07-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Used up all my ironite , 13 anniversary souls : shaman Eddie (4th dupe), the rest are 3*
Used up all my trooper badges, 9 rare gunner/assassin soul : death dog (6th so far) and desert marauder (5th so far), rest are 3*
Classes souls (one each + warrior ): all 3*
Legendary soul: death dog. 20,000 essence sacrifice: 2 skill shards (Irrelevant to this event but still)

I really don't understand what it will take to get Rainmaker Eddie or the prisoner or gunner corrupt rescuer or corrupt general or hell even assassin golden son.

Browno
07-02-2017, 09:02 AM
It takes luck to get things that are random. 1 year later and i still have not got warrior troll. I see no point in complaining about randomness. If you buy a lottery ticket and do not win the grand prize but the more medium prize, you still have won since it is better than nothing at all. But most lottery tickets do not have a prize and still ppl buy them in hope to get something more.

zdm-1083
07-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Precious soul fragments now appear in story missions! Play levels in the Ailing Kingdom, Kingdom of the Sands, Battlefield and Underworld for a chance to earn Precious Soul Fragments!

What are the chance there?
I played a lot this morning with nothing looking at fragment showing up...

Edit: ok got 5 :)

Shaolin85london
07-02-2017, 10:07 AM
What are the chance there?
I played a lot this morning with nothing looking at fragment showing up...

I founded x25 precious frags in Battlefield Madness - Rapid fire

CanadianGoldenEagle
07-02-2017, 01:30 PM
So if I want a Mythic soul, to gurantee a 5* character I have to stump up $159 AUD? Gee thanks. Here's a reward for playing for a year, but only if you give us a insanely large portion of cash.

I think this anniversary event is good. All the other rewards a nice and or great, but this Mythic Sould should be purchasable by Ironite too. Not just cash.

I think it should be made possible, within the store, for a choice of purchase mechanism to be used. The methods should be Cash, In-Game Gold or Ironite. My In-Game gold level rarely drops below 13M and there's very little way of using it.

Kardas
07-02-2017, 04:11 PM
First off thanks for this nice Anniversary event NF! Sure I haven't profited off the higher premium dropchance yet, but there's still hope. The edited Daily Rewards thing is certainly friendly.
The only thing I'd suggest is that maybe don't have special event souls so soon after another. I'm sure some people who blew everything on Seer Souls are bummed now that they can't participate in this.

I have one question about the Anniversary Soul, Sparton. Does it also include the Sentinel Harpy? I feel like I'm the only PVP player that doesn't have one.

Even then I'd be ecstatic if I can finally grab Coalgiver Eddie now. It'll be like Christmas in July!

GotN
07-02-2017, 04:57 PM
I have only question about the Anniversary Soul, Sparton. Does it also include the Sentinel Harpy? I feel like I'm the only PVP player that doesn't have one.

No, you are not Kardas, I don't have her either :/ so would be really interesting to know

BonFire
07-02-2017, 05:21 PM
I just hope this event makes it easier to get the Corrupt harpy. She's the only one I need.

Askora
07-02-2017, 06:07 PM
I have one question about the Anniversary Soul, Sparton. Does it also include the Sentinel Harpy? I feel like I'm the only PVP player that doesn't have one.

No, you are not Kardas, I don't have her either :/ so would be really interesting to know

I've pulled about 10 of them, wish I could trade some of them off. Got a few greens I'm missing and all I ever seem to get is her.

Event is good so far. PvP not as much, since one of my main toons took a nerf on offense and defenses still seem to be all the same non-OP toons. :rolleyes:

Nicko
07-02-2017, 10:13 PM

I think one of the biggest problems we have is finding a good solution that'll feel valuable to people with massive Iron Coin caches without it feeling pay to win/too exclusive for other players. We do have an event coming later this month involving Iron Coins, so we'll see what everyone thinks about that when it arrives. We just didn't want to throw something grindy into the Anniversary event (especially since we want people to go after the Precious Soul Fragments in the campaign).

I understand where you're coming from wanting it to not seem unfair to the average player, but let's face it - anyone sitting close to six figures of Iron Coins is not your average player. It took a ton of effort to accumulate those coins - both in time and Ironite (playing free SoW refills wouldn't get you close assuming you're buying the weekly rewards) so those players SHOULD get something cool for all that effort.

The Eternal Soul purchase was a great idea - it was really expensive so it made no sense for the average player - they could achieve it much more economically simply by playing enough to buy frags in the store - but it gave those of us who have played a ton a nice bonus with early access to an Eternal.

Skill Shard "packs" may be an idea - make them very expensive - ex 10 shards for 20,000 coins. A limit of one per month. It would make no sense for someone who's playing casually - but for this of us who have played more intensely it would at least give us something to do with our coins other than admire their accumulation like Uncle Scrooge.

Thanks and looking forward to that end of month Iron Coin event!

Patrice-1201
07-02-2017, 11:22 PM
great event, from 10 anniversary souls I got some decent toons to sacrifice and then got 18 g/a Souls as a reward which resulted in a series of tier 6 sacrifices which give me my first ever Prisoner then my second and then my third as well as Vampire Hunter, Aces High, Rainmaker GCR and so many more... just from 10 souls. This is really amazing thanks devs and happy anniversary!

Monte47
07-03-2017, 01:21 AM
I got a Shaman Eddie. I have pleased the Maiden Gods. He may not be OP, but he is super fun to play with.

JJJ428
07-03-2017, 02:22 AM
I am loving this event so far, just wish the souls would normally drop at this level and I think it would stop some people from complaining a lot more. I have gotten a lot of my missing toons the last couple days. Just have a few more to go!!

T-Man
07-03-2017, 03:19 AM
I'm striking out so far during this event, but oddly enough, I had amazing luck last week scoring 4 toons I didn't have. Nomad, FotD Eddie, SSD, and I am not a number, I'm a free man! Yes, The Prisoner!!!

That is quite an amazing toon haul in a week I'd say!

I'm not getting very many precious sould fragments either. Just 5 I think. Game of Death being my main farming area, though I've tried farming in all 4 worlds.

Hypnos
07-03-2017, 04:31 AM
Really enjoyed the soul party saturday and I am hopeful this week will bring some exciting stuff, but not keeping my hopes up.

Happy anniversary LotB!

metallikapo
07-03-2017, 04:38 AM
I guess there was a bug that I could exploit and that was when the week was closing, the arena store opened the doors and I bought 2 Legendary Souls (one at 1000 and the other at 500 some hours later) and 2 skill shards.
With one of those Legendary souls I finally get the Angel of Fear! with the other, just my fifth Magus Golden Son.
Appart from that, all of the souls I've traded gived me worthless 3* characters. O, I'm sorry, one was a Warrior NBoL.

I'm countng on having enough ironite to buy 10 souls before the event close (just 98 more!). And hoping to get some of the Eddies I don't have, like Coalgiver or Navigator or Viking, or some of the Corrupt rescuers (magus or gunner).

Apart from being too expensive, the idea of the event was good. Could be a good idea for the next event to be able to pick some more ironites in dungeons or in regular quests. Or maybe some soul that, traded, could give some ironite. An ironite soul!

Regards,

Nico

gmac
07-03-2017, 04:42 AM
Ok...

You guys know I hate NF right now over delay on BNW and no transparency about what is going on, crappy events, future plans etc.

Saw Patrice post and got puzzled...

It all started using my 90k troopers pts on souls, and then I bought 30 anniversary souls too.

After I don't know how many lv6 sacrifices, that brought me many ,many souls, result were:

Nomad
AG
A CoTD
GCR
Axis BB
HH

All which I did not have...

Red eyes were flashing more, way more... so... if anybody can confirm I'm calling truce with NF (for now).

And NF, we need more slots for our toons. And fix the bugs and bring BNW!

Cheers
gmac

Rodrigo-3281
07-03-2017, 05:35 AM
After a bunch of anniversary souls, sacrifices and one vortex fill I finally have:

Navigator Eddie
Rainmaker Eddie
Gunner COTD

I'm now only missing Visions and Eternity Eddies.

I was also able to get the Sentinel Pumpkin and Reindeer toons which completes those. Not sure why I care but it's cool seeing all of them now.

Somehow hoping this event gets me one of the Prisoner, Nomad or Warrior Troll toons. I started playing at the beginning a year ago and these have been my most wanted for a long time.

Fun event and hoping BNW and Trooper Eddie come out this summer. I'm still going to save my Trooper points for this Eddie.

Sparton_LOTB
07-03-2017, 06:05 AM
First off thanks for this nice Anniversary event NF! Sure I haven't profited off the higher premium dropchance yet, but there's still hope. The edited Daily Rewards thing is certainly friendly.
The only thing I'd suggest is that maybe don't have special event souls so soon after another. I'm sure some people who blew everything on Seer Souls are bummed now that they can't participate in this.

It's not something we plan on making a habit out of, but it's just so happens to be around when Mystic Eddie was ready to ship and when our anniversary was, and we didn't want to overly delay Mystic Eddie.

No, the new characters introduced as part of the new player experience stuff is not in there. There's lots of players who'd be super disappointed to get something that's basically given to them in the tutorial, despite how you (and I!) would love to finally pull one.

I understand where you're coming from wanting it to not seem unfair to the average player, but let's face it - anyone sitting close to six figures of Iron Coins is not your average player. It took a ton of effort to accumulate those coins - both in time and Ironite (playing free SoW refills wouldn't get you close assuming you're buying the weekly rewards) so those players SHOULD get something cool for all that effort.

The Eternal Soul purchase was a great idea - it was really expensive so it made no sense for the average player - they could achieve it much more economically simply by playing enough to buy frags in the store - but it gave those of us who have played a ton a nice bonus with early access to an Eternal.

Skill Shard "packs" may be an idea - make them very expensive - ex 10 shards for 20,000 coins. A limit of one per month. It would make no sense for someone who's playing casually - but for this of us who have played more intensely it would at least give us something to do with our coins other than admire their accumulation like Uncle Scrooge.

Well, that's the thing. The players with six figure Iron Coin reserves are also the players who are typical repeat visitors for Eternal and King divisions, which means they already are getting a dozen or so more Skill Shards than the average player... and also fairly engaged/hardcore players (by virtue of the weekly reset rewards). Doubling that massive advantage would definitely feel rewarding for that subset of players, but it risks creating even more of a divide that I don't think we're comfortable with.

Which isn't to say we won't make a package like that like that in the future, or other deals like the one-time Eternity Soul, but I don't think we'd add something like that as a routine purchase.

MoonShadow
07-03-2017, 08:52 AM
@All of the NF & related: Congrats for a year with LotB & thanks for everything you did for us, the players.

I think that the most important is the fact that, after a year since you've started this journey with Eddie, you're still around and, despite all the ups and downs that you've had during this period (which I think its normal) you're still around and rocking as good as you can!

Hope for another great year with LotB & Up the IRONS!!

thealchemist
07-03-2017, 08:56 AM
I bought a legendary soul while the going was good. Got MCR which I already have. Bought an anniversary soul out of curiosity and got a Warrior Haunted Pumpkin, a new toon but I can't see myself ever using it. So not sure I'll commit to buying more as yet. Of the 4 rare souls I have received so far I have gotten a Magus Harpy (dupe) and a WNBOL. Which is kinda funny as I couldn't get one before but since that character's event its now my 4th! Today I got a dupe Desert Rider from G/A reward (really disappointing) but finally a Sentinel ABB from another rare soul reward. Not a Harpy or Soulless Demon but better than anything I currently have! So personally I think these new drop rates should stay permanently! If I'm gonna get a dupe I'd rather it be a 4* than a 3*! I'd consider buying souls if rates stayed as they are now. Just saying.... ;)

Witkacy
07-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Morning all :)

I bought an anniversary 10 soul pack off the ironities and finally everything worked as I expected to work from the very start... Apart of what I've pulled out - got only one dupe within a pack - Green Pumpkin... At last the adverts seem to no lie as I've got as well two various wickerdeers, Warrior Pumpkin, Magus NBOL, Warrior Golden Son, Warrior Undead Rescuer (4*) - recently I've got about 4 of them - and everytime I sacrify this guy he come back to me LOL... So... I can say that everything was pretty new for me (as I got rid many chars before), only one dupe... Lots of stuff to feed the vortex again - the one who stay (and will be remembered as your birthday present to me personally) - Navigator Eddie! (4*)...

I wish to thank you for changes in daily login rewards and so the arena ones... I guess there are many more of them I can't figure out just yet, but I am all the way positive and pleased :)

Cheers,

W

Peppoah
07-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Thank you Sparton and Nodding Frog,
This weekend was so lucky for me. On Saturday, I got my second eternal soul: Wrath!
Then, I opened one green soul: Sentinel Harpy!
I filled vortex today and got 25 gunner/assassin souls and there he was: the Prisoner with Death Dog, Ass. Cor. Ox Cultist, Gunner Golden Son and my 2nd GCR.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, I only need a ton of skillshards and evo shards.

Enti
07-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Congratz to all who got new characters out of this event.

I used up my trooper badges and made two exalted sacrifices, which gave me in total 45 G/A souls. I pulled 4x 4* dupes out of it and rest 3*. Went to vortex again.
Pack of 10 anni souls gave me a 4* whatever dupe (went into exalted sacri mentioned), got 2 missing 3* holiday characters which is only good for my collectionist mind. I did not feel the 2x rate, but I am generally not that lucky.

Seems Cyborg will avoid me at all cost. Same for CG, CRE, Assassin Troll and W CotD. I am curious just how many more thousand souls I have to dump into the book to get them and how much time it will take.

To be honest, I think the anni event has both great and bad parts. Several aspects of the game giving extra is great (sacrifice, precious souls, daily rewards, 2x chance at summon), but the anni souls and the mythic soul pack are something I do not understand.

The new missions are a great distraction for a while, but I do think lots of players can just go through them in a week (LoL class constraints), then we are back again to troopers + arena. While I am waiting BNW release with many others, I do not think it will materially change the gaming experience, but will more likely be like LoL. Interesting while it's new, but then it will be another grind.

A suggestion would be to make a daily dungeon of some sort, where we can get soul and skill shard fragments with additional chance to get the souls/shards themselves, something like a harder Gold/Soul Cache & Hoard. That would give core players something to play with and collect those fragments. And with the constant changing of characters, I do not think anyone feels they have abundant skill shards, even if they accumulated 50+. That amount is still good for close to nothing. Not to mention people like Silentknight and myself, the collectionists, whose final goal would be to have all available characters maxed (lvl 100, sharded). For that, we need close to 1,500 shards :)

I still vote for Immortal Event being the best one so far. Maybe Halloween too, that was fun and rewarding as well though not to the extent of Immortal.

I think many people are losing interest and don't feel entertained, I hope this will change in the future. NF is heading the right afterall, but until the bugs are fixed, people won't be that happy as they could be.

Mariner-1212
07-03-2017, 02:29 PM
I've pulled so many awesome characters from this event. It's led to many sacrifices, new toons, exciting dupes (handful of GCR's) and a good amount of skill shards (ult. sacrifice gave 6!).

My long-anticipated toons still elude me. Aces High Eddie, Coalgiver, Prisoner, Cyborg... but that's ok. The more Eddies I get in my collection, the more chance I have of getting dupes. Nature of the beast. And hey - if they just handed out these toons to everybody, then we'd all have them already and they'd lose their appeal. So I get it.

Thank you NF for this event, and congrats on a year of churning out exciting content and events, characters, and dealing with the wrath that comes from producing a great game for the masses. Up the irons!!! \m/

Silentknight
07-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Congratz to all who got new characters out of this event.

I used up my trooper badges and made two exalted sacrifices, which gave me in total 45 G/A souls. I pulled 4x 4* dupes out of it and rest 3*. Went to vortex again.
Pack of 10 anni souls gave me a 4* whatever dupe (went into exalted sacri mentioned), got 2 missing 3* holiday characters which is only good for my collectionist mind. I did not feel the 2x rate, but I am generally not that lucky.

Seems Cyborg will avoid me at all cost. Same for CG, CRE, Assassin Troll and W CotD. I am curious just how many more thousand souls I have to dump into the book to get them and how much time it will take.

To be honest, I think the anni event has both great and bad parts. Several aspects of the game giving extra is great (sacrifice, precious souls, daily rewards, 2x chance at summon), but the anni souls and the mythic soul pack are something I do not understand.

The new missions are a great distraction for a while, but I do think lots of players can just go through them in a week (LoL class constraints), then we are back again to troopers + arena. While I am waiting BNW release with many others, I do not think it will materially change the gaming experience, but will more likely be like LoL. Interesting while it's new, but then it will be another grind.

A suggestion would be to make a daily dungeon of some sort, where we can get soul and skill shard fragments with additional chance to get the souls/shards themselves, something like a harder Gold/Soul Cache & Hoard. That would give core players something to play with and collect those fragments. And with the constant changing of characters, I do not think anyone feels they have abundant skill shards, even if they accumulated 50+. That amount is still good for close to nothing. Not to mention people like Silentknight and myself, the collectionists, whose final goal would be to have all available characters maxed (lvl 100, sharded). For that, we need close to 1,500 shards :)

I still vote for Immortal Event being the best one so far. Maybe Halloween too, that was fun and rewarding as well though not to the extent of Immortal.

I think many people are losing interest and don't feel entertained, I hope this will change in the future. NF is heading the right afterall, but until the bugs are fixed, people won't be that happy as they could be.
Ditto!!! Event doesn't even come close to Halloween or Immortal! Thot this was anniversary...smells like divorce! Won't even bother as I have no room, 143/150...sacrificing is a pain in the ass!!! Also the pathetic drop from my 1st ultimate sacrifice has turned me off anything they have to offer!!!

slauki
07-03-2017, 03:43 PM

yep this was very bad timing i think. two different souls to purchase in two different week is kinda lame, sorry.

Well, that's the thing. The players with six figure Iron Coin reserves are also the players who are typical repeat visitors for Eternal and King divisions, which means they already are getting a dozen or so more Skill Shards than the average player... and also fairly engaged/hardcore players (by virtue of the weekly reset rewards). Doubling that massive advantage would definitely feel rewarding for that subset of players, but it risks creating even more of a divide that I don't think we're comfortable with.

Which isn't to say we won't make a package like that like that in the future, or other deals like the one-time Eternity Soul, but I don't think we'd add something like that as a routine purchase.

the real divide is the talisman situation. those with immunity/shells are having and unfair advantage (like myself) against others without them. this is a gap which has to be closed asap i think.

i see your point in the skillshard problematic but the hardcore guys have sharded most toons they need anyway. everything else is just a bonus for fun purposes. and the hardcore guys have much more toons anyway and 50 skillshards for 100k coins would be enough for 2 eddies. so not thaaaat huge of an unfair advantage if you ask me. or 10 for 20k like nicko suggested would'n hurt anyone at all.

that said maybe it would be better to make some kind of legendary pack lets say 10 for 20k coins would be a possibility.
once you have a decent roster legendaries are not that impressive anymore since 5* are also hard to get with them, so i cannot see a reason to be so scrooge about them.

i would let players buy them weekly, that would motivate many guys to grind more and earn more coins. and let's be honest most drops from legendary souls are crap anyway, so also beginners wouldn't get too much of a early game braking advantage very often.

same thing with the g/a souls. you could easily implement them to the store for a once per week purchase or also with a pack like 40 for 20k.

that said:
a grinding for skillshards event in the lol would be a huge ironit burning fest. i hope you guys consider this as an option :-)

Kris-0707
07-03-2017, 03:54 PM
I don't know how you guys doing it. I feel like the most unluckiest player here, I bought anniversary souls and received flicking deers, newborns, 4th pyro soldier and other crap. I spent all my ironite (2 left) and basically I have the same stuff I had before. Even bloody precious souls are giving me useless gold idols and * hearts. Don't know what's going on. My account must be cursed I think. I like this game and I'm playing every day since almost a year and it really annoys me when I see how the other players have a luck getting crucial toons so easy and quick.
I have checked history payments in the google store (ironite, special event souls etc.) and blimey, almost had a heart attack. Didn’t realise how quick several small transactions on the mobile phone game will exceed over £200. As if I could back in the time, NF would not get any penny from me and from now on never will.
Luckily Blizzard released mini expansion pack for Diablo3 (for the price of small ironite pack here) with new GUARANTEED character and others stuff. GUARANTEED - word not listed in NF vocabulary.
I’m not quitting LOTB, I’m just changing my status to casual. New season in Diablo3 starts soon, so I will play LoTB very occasionally, for sure I will use my 50 troopers every day and maybe will play few pvp battles and that’s it.

Mariner-1212
07-03-2017, 04:23 PM
I don't know how you guys doing it. I feel like the most unluckiest player here.

I've definitely had my share of those moments as well. Even just this weekend, at one point I opened 10 anniversary souls and got all 3* crap. I excitedly opened my Legendary soul from the arena on Friday, and it was my 4th pyro soldier. I felt the way you did, I'm sure. Got lots of pumpkins and stuff I'll never use, but I won't get rid of. But then I landed my Corrupt Harpy, which I really wanted badly... and that was super exciting. it ebbs and flows.

I also bought the anniversary package. Half as a thank you to NF, and half because I wanted that loot. My Mystical Soul pulled a dupe Pharaoh Eddie, I was kind of bummed... but I powered him up and he helped me hit my ultimate sacrifice (along with that pyro soldier) and therefore carried his weight.

You may have shit luck today, and great luck tomorrow. That's RNG. But ff you look at that Pyro as a means to another end, it helps it seem less unlucky.

I hope you get some really kickass guy that you've waited for soon. I'd gift you a soul to open if that was a feature (Sparton... feature idea? ability to gift souls to troopers?). In the meantime, hang in there. We've all been there! \m/

Nicko
07-03-2017, 05:22 PM
yep this was very bad timing i think. two different souls to purchase in two different week is kinda lame, sorry.

the real divide is the talisman situation. those with immunity/shells are having and unfair advantage (like myself) against others without them. this is a gap which has to be closed asap i think.

i see your point in the skillshard problematic but the hardcore guys have sharded most toons they need anyway. everything else is just a bonus for fun purposes. and the hardcore guys have much more toons anyway and 50 skillshards for 100k coins would be enough for 2 eddies. so not thaaaat huge of an unfair advantage if you ask me. or 10 for 20k like nicko suggested would'n hurt anyone at all.

that said maybe it would be better to make some kind of legendary pack lets say 10 for 20k coins would be a possibility.
once you have a decent roster legendaries are not that impressive anymore since 5* are also hard to get with them, so i cannot see a reason to be so scrooge about them.

i would let players buy them weekly, that would motivate many guys to grind more and earn more coins. and let's be honest most drops from legendary souls are crap anyway, so also beginners wouldn't get too much of a early game braking advantage very often.

same thing with the g/a souls. you could easily implement them to the store for a once per week purchase or also with a pack like 40 for 20k.

that said:
a grinding for skillshards event in the lol would be a huge ironit burning fest. i hope you guys consider this as an option :-)

I agree with all Slauki wrote. I think Jofer is a prime example. He has a huge hoard of skill shards that he hasn't spent, yet managed to become Eternal week after week with a limited number of toons. You reach a certain point where everything is icing on the cake. When Caliza and I battled Saturday I can promise you neither of us were doing a lot of - if any - toon switching - that's too slow. You have your core 4-6 and that's what you use when speed matters.

Sharding other characters at this point is simply for fun. I'll NEVER use Rainmaker in PvP but he's been getting one shard a week. More skill shards won't turn anyone into a Jofer or GMAC - quite simply, effort, time, strategy, and stamina are required for that. Giving someone Jofers roster won't make them Jofer.

With that being said, if there is a fun way to put those coins to use looking forward to hearing it!

qazwer00
07-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Quite happy with the event (looks like RNG was on my side). I got enough 4* / sacrificial hearts to do a tier 6 sacrifice. Which gave me 15 G/A souls. Filled the Vortex at the same time and got bunch of skill shards + legendary soul + 5 G/A :

new Eddies:
- Vampire Hunter Eddie
- Navigator Eddie
dupes worth mentioning:
- Rainmaker Eddie
- Alliance General
- Corrupt Ox Cultist
- Golden Son x 2

(I'll level + sac the dupes this week)

angelkelly
07-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Is there any way you guys would be willing to increase the amount of skill shards you get from a tier 6 sacrifice. Only receiving 2 skill shards was a bit disappointing and very frustrating.:(

Besides that I finally manage to pull Mystic Eddie and a lot of other key toons. Now all I'm missing is Sentinel Harpy and The Prisoner.

Ringe666-7406
07-03-2017, 07:19 PM
You all know what would make me spend like a madman? Become Eternal and win Meet&Greet tickets for some show nearby. Simple as that. I'd play killhouse style and spend all my ironite and money :D

zamasu
07-03-2017, 07:36 PM
You all know what would make me spend like a madman? Become Eternal and win Meet&Greet tickets for some show nearby. Simple as that. I'd play killhouse style and spend all my ironite and money :D

You will have a fierce battle against me. I will not sleep the entire week! lol

Monte47
07-03-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm not getting Soul frags in the campaign. Anyone having any luck?

Crazypants
07-03-2017, 07:56 PM
I think Ive gone through 35 anniversary souls. Blew all my 1800+ stored irionite and bought the 2 cheaper packs.

Drops of note:
Shaman Eddie (Finally!)
Navigator Eddie x 2 (1 non dupe)
Carriage Rider Eddie (dupe)
Magus Corrupt Rescuer (Non dupe)
Ass. Corrupt Rescuer x 2 (1 non dupe)
Gunner Golden sun x 3 (All dupes)
Ass. Corrupt Ox Cultist (Non dupe)
Ass. Newborn of Light (Non dupe)
Ass. Hunter Wickerdeer (Non dupe)
Magus Poss. Snowman (Non dupe)
Magus Haunted Pumpkin x 2 (1 non dupe)
Sentinel Haunted Pumpkin x 2

Mizrael
07-03-2017, 08:24 PM
Whoever mentioned it here before is right!

F'ing 2 skill shards from a lvl6 sacrifice?! what the fudge?! that's a joke!!! i sacrificed 10 4* and up characters and got 2 shards?!!! you must be kidding me!!! glad i didn't put in a AoP with 10 shards on him. that would really wee me off!!!

Berry-7604
07-03-2017, 10:08 PM
I get the same drops, get one 5 star character in months, so it sounds more like big droppings to me.

With all the different types of souls, I seem to only get a few 4 star characters and the rest is 3, 2 or 1 star characters. And yes the one 5 star character since months of playing?!
I'm losing the interest in this game.

kkkreg5
07-04-2017, 03:13 AM
10 Anniversary Souls:
1 3* Ass Undead Rescuer
1 3* Sent NbOL
1 3* War Corrupt Droid
1 3* War Pumpkin
1 3* Mag Snowman
1 3* Gun NbOL
1 3* Ass Wickerdeer
1 3* Mag Pumpkin
1 3* Sent Pumpkin
1 3* Sent Deer

Not 1 4*.

I didn't try for any of these pumpkins and Christmas characters when they were available and now here they are...

ShadowedLies
07-04-2017, 03:59 AM
Whoever mentioned it here before is right!

F'ing 2 skill shards from a lvl6 sacrifice?! what the fudge?! that's a joke!!! i sacrificed 10 4* and up characters and got 2 shards?!!! you must be kidding me!!! glad i didn't put in a AoP with 10 shards on him. that would really wee me off!!!

Feel ya. T6 sac netted 1 legendary soul that gave me my 4th or 5th green bat which all came from legendary souls. Definitely a little miffed at the moment.

GrimDusk
07-04-2017, 05:37 AM
Honestly, for a one year anniversary, you'd think they'd have fixed the issues over a year. But no, you greedy bastards release an extremely expensive pack in an extremely bugged game that guarantees a 5 star character. What the actual hell do you guys think you're doing? I hope no one buys the mythic soul, you guys don't deserve $100 USD until you fix the game's bugs and add more content that isn't just some extra characters. We've went through more characters being released and new ways to get money out of us than we have actual content updates. Brave New World and Night City are still on the backburner. Real nice way to treat your supporters, team.

Chaosego888
07-04-2017, 05:45 AM
I'm not getting Soul frags in the campaign. Anyone having any luck?I've seen some, they are rare though, usually come in 10's. I have probably gotten 30 or 40, been playing Lord of Light once troopers are done though

Mizrael
07-04-2017, 06:46 AM
I hope no one buys the mythic soul, you guys don't deserve $100 USD...

I was stupid enough to fall for it again and got 12x slapped in the face and 1x poked in the eye.
2xmagus/sentinel/warrior soul=6x blue eyes

6xG/A soul=all blue eyes (a posessed rocket feast)

And i kept the mythical soul over night and was thinking the whole night "what's the most dumb ass 5* i can think of?"
What came topped all my guesses: a freaking PDK!!!
So i ended up with 3000 ironite for 100€...nice

But i swear this was the last time i've spent a penny on this shit until we see some real new content released and bug fixes.

Other games i play keep releasing new chapters,ways to further evolve the player/characters,fun events like on a running belt. LOTB has gone 1 year with "coming soon" locationg and we (idiots) still spend so much money on it...pathetic!

thealchemist
07-04-2017, 08:02 AM
14 rare souls from rewards used this evening for 13 dupes and a Sentinel Corrupt Droid which I don't have. No Eddies but I'll take that for now.
1 Legendary soul from Vortex fill for a Gunner Golden Son. Not a toon I have but where's Eddie hiding? Or SSD, AoP/AoF, AG, CG, Nomad?
I Magus rare soul for, wait for it..............a masked Harpy. Sigh..
Ok I'm gonna save the 12 G/A rare souls from sacrifice rewards I have remaining until tomorrow and hoping an Eddie rears his ugly but powerful head. Or Prisoner.
I did get 5 skill shards today through vortex fill and a SQ so thats something.

Rain88
07-04-2017, 08:35 AM
It seems like rare souls are not dropping from tier 1 sacrifice anymore. Let me spend money to get those pixelated chances of getting nothing

Patrice-1201
07-04-2017, 08:42 AM
It seems like rare souls are not dropping from tier 1 sacrifice anymore. Let me spend money to get those pixelated chances of getting nothing

They are, I just got one

Ian
07-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Up the Irons!

I think when the staff post that^, it should auto-correct to "up yours, players"

Got to laugh at those store specials. Right from the get-go I have thought the store was overpriced, but was always willing to throw £5 here, £10 there once in a while because I did enjoy the game.

During the Mystic Eddie "event" I made a pact with myself - no more spending, I said to myself, after blowing through 2700 ironite and a T6 sacrifice (for 5 lousy souls - love that RNG huh) and getting nothing but crap. Then, about 2 hours before that event ended I bought 2 more souls with ironite and got Mystic Eddie. By that point, I felt I bloody deserved it. Then I pulled Visions from an ordinary rare soul, and got Wrath the next day, and I was like "well this is pretty cool". I had a stern word with myself then and had to remind myself of how pissed I was earlier in the week, because its those moments of euphoria that trick you into thinking you can get lucky like that again.

Now, with anniversary souls and "special store prices" the temptation rises again. So I remind myself how I felt the previous week, and how our characters that we work hard to get, then work to build up get "tuned" just after we've sharded them, sometimes tuned twice (despite everyone agreeing its not needed), and sometimes right after we've got them in a "repeat something tedious over-and-over" event. I'll keep my cash - small as it might be - in my pocket this time around. I have enough Allied Soldiers and Harpies not to bother with more gambling on souls. I hope everyone else enjoys the event.

Witkacy
07-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Good afternoon all :)

The Good:

It seems that chances of getting something really good were tweaked a bit in favour of players... Got G/A soul from fragments as the reward upon missions completion... Clear X LOL with Assassin characters... Had to revive my team about 3 times (my rooster got shrunked after yesterday's night again - a few words below)... But it paid off to throw away some ironities :D

Score off ONE single G/A soul:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Mr.Maiden/LOTB/Screenshot_2017-07-04-10-56-50.png

Another fantastic birthday present! THANK YOU!

But...

The Bad:

Yesterday I was trying to make to progress in the mission to give ''Permadeath'' to Artillery Dogs... And I did once thanks to great help of Druid's toon... The mark with red skull and ''2'' was present for good (not just blink of an eye), haven't died on the mission, no revive of any toons - still counts 0/3... The missions seems buggy, please fix it! Thanks...

The Ugly:

As I've already said my rooster got shrunked again... I can't say I regret (though sacrificed very fine toons, not being dupes at all, I believe some others would like to have), I've been warned either by Mizrael's post... I did this completely aware and on purpose to fill the vortex and have some goodies for my newly gained Navigator... And I've got nice bonus, but the main ''prize'' of sacrificing 9 toons and 1 3* Eddie:

Amongst others:

NBOL (W) 100/100
Angel Of Pain (M) 100/100
Angel Of Strife (S) 100/100
Golden Son (M) 100/100
Golden Son (S) 100/100
Mummy Dog (A) 64/100
Pyro Soldier (W) 100/100 + 4 Skillshards
PDK (M) 100/100

And some another one I can't recollect now...

WAS: 2 (TWO) Bloody skillshards!!!

Well I ain't greedy always try to be happy with the stuff I've got, but how to compare such ''prize'' in the terms of value of things given away and this what you got in return... Very very disappointing in the terms of rewarding... The more pitty this time RNG has nothing common with the prize... Anyway thank you devs even for that, cause this is my truly lucky day...

P.S. To all American fans out there - happy 4th of July!

Cheers,

W

MrFreeze
07-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Happy 4th and happy anniversary LotB!

I've added some new characters this week thanks to the event. Most notable being Rainmaker Eddie.

If this is the excitement for the week though, it a little underwhelming. They might still release something tomorrow i guess, but this "event", if you can call it that, is boring. Precious soul fragments barely drop, and I just get crap from them anyway.

Again it seems the devs try to get away with giving as little as possible. It's fucking Maiden! Get stoked for your 1yr anniversary. Give shit out to your loyal players like it's Mardi Gras. Why do you guys keep holding back? You think you'll lose players if you shower them with gifts for a special event like this? Come on

I know we got some slightly better login rewards for the week, but why not go crazy?

1st day - 10 rare souls
2nd day - 10 G/A souls
3rd - event souls
Etc
Last day - multiple skill shards instead of 1
And throw one of those 5* souls in there too

It's weak

sorry for the negativity, I just keep giving my opinion in hopes that the devs might listen to us one day and make this game as great as it should be

Mizrael
07-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Yeah! i'm still trying to figure out where those "amazing lots of giveaways" are...

All that goes away again is the cash out of our valets...

BadTaste
07-04-2017, 05:01 PM
Happy 4th of July to the us members!
Saw this anniversary week in this forums so I figured I'd log into the game and burn some ironites on anniversary souls to test my luck. And what can I say... I got many 4* and 5* that went into the sacrifice pool for tier 6 scrifices that gave 13 - 20 g/a souls that led to new tier 6 sacrifices that gave 50 souls and a Vortex fill that led to new tier 6 sacrifices and so on.... By the time I was finished I got many new toons. Finally I got my prisoner, and not long after my second... On one occasion I threw a stack of 5 g/a souls into the book and I got 3 (three) assassin Troll. Never had that toon b4, and when I finally got it I got three in a row :eek: And for a short period I had 5 Vikings...

No dupe 4-5* toons :

Coalgiver
Prisoner
Rainmaker
CG
Assassin Troll
Assassin CR
Assassin NoL
Assassin CotD
Gunner CotD

I also bought my last fragments for my third eternity soul and I got The Clairvoyant. So far no dupes from eternity souls :cool:
I must say I'm really surprised about all the great toons I got and I finally now have all the Eddies! :cool:
It kinda looks like the game tries to get me back to play, but for now I don't have time or motivation to do so. But I'll have an eye of whats happening the rest of this anniversary week...

Have a great summer everyone!

bort
07-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Ok I'm gonna save the 12 G/A rare souls from sacrifice rewards I have remaining until tomorrow and hoping an Eddie rears his ugly but powerful head. Or Prisoner.

Soul results are rolled on purchase/acquire and not on open.

I stumbled on a fairly repeatable glitch that would "revert" souls from being opened and they always ended up the same, no matter when I opened them.

treeb0mbb
07-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Man well I'm back for a bit since I noticed a new event. Looks okay I guess but they could have done better than this it's the freaking 1 year anniversary do something BIG! Although I do really like the new missions fun way to be engaged in the game to wait a couple more years until BNW or Midnight city comes out(more like never city).

I also opened a pack of 10 anniversary souls and old RNG fucked me over again got all 3* dupes not even a single 4*. Then opened a random rare soul I had lying out and got a 4* dupe Magus COTD which I got like 4 times before so more sacrifice stuff.

Sigh when will devs learn that RNG doesn't work in games it just creates uncertainty and confusion on who's getting what. They need to make more missions where we are guarantee a toon like going for Grim Reaper eddie before. Do an X amount of missions and get rewarded some cool trooper. Make it hard as well or something.

I mean I personally like the new Pharaoh dog sometimes to work towards and looks pretty decent for PVP or PVE in general anyone have him yet? Is he useful for PVP or anything that damage minus looks like he could be handy for my Cyborg eddie to last a bit longer.

Anyway pretty lackluster event this time like always but better than nothing I guess. It's good that there is something new to do almost every week now.

Mysti
07-04-2017, 09:14 PM
I have had a good week with the Anniversary event. I bought I think a total of 14 or 15 anniversary souls. A lot of 3-4 star draws, but I got Viking Eddie and Coal Giver Eddie (in fact he was my I-can-buy-just-one-last-soul draw, so that was a huge piece of luck.) I was too sick to play at Christmas and missed all of the Christmas characters but now I have Coal Giver Eddie, Possessed Snowman and Cheering Wickerdeer. I cannot complain about my luck this week. :)

ShadowedLies
07-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Be sure to grab your 2 free rare souls from LotB's facebook page.

Rain88
07-04-2017, 10:45 PM
They are, I just got one

Yeah you are right. I was doing the 400 essence sacrifice (for 4 rewards) and I wasn't getting any (did like 30 or so) , maybe a bug?. I tried the 300 or 200 essence sacrifice and I'm getting rare souls. Cheers for your reply, I wouldn't have tried tier sacrifice without it.

RCarter
07-04-2017, 11:52 PM

Thanks!910

Witkacy
07-05-2017, 12:02 AM

Shadowed :)

Thanks for the tip, man...

Cheers,
W

P.S. @ Devs: The Daily login screen haven't popped out for me for today - wasn't able to collect my daily reward... Could you fix this? Thanks

ShadowedLies
07-05-2017, 12:07 AM
No problem!

BonFire
07-05-2017, 12:59 AM
Those 2 free souls are nice. Considering I've gotten bugger all for souls from the soul caches. Well, I got 1 rare soul from one today.

GotN
07-05-2017, 01:29 AM

Thank you so much man! Right opened the 2 rare souls and got... CG. I can't believe it!!! My second big win from a modest rare soul this week (first was Mystic Eddie) \m/

Askora
07-05-2017, 03:07 AM
Event is going good for me so far. Other than having hell getting permadeath on those artillery dogs, but finally managed that.

Characters of note from pulls this week.

Gunner CotD, Assassin Corrupt Rescuer (think she needs some love to be useful in pvp), Cyborg , Tailgunner, dupe Shaman, dupe FotD, numerous 3* dupes and several 4* dupes. Decided I'd try the event souls (despite my normal lack of luck with them) and worked out great, managed Coalgiver, Hunter Wickerdeer and the haunted pumpkin trio.

Thank you devs, I know that doesn't seem to be said often enough. Still facing bugs of course, including 3 losses in a row in pvp due to bugged characters. The better drop rates make it a whole lot easier to dismiss though, would be nice if they could remain this high or at least somewhat closer to this level.

kkkreg5
07-05-2017, 04:38 AM
Other than having hell getting permadeath on those artillery dogs, but finally managed that.

How did you manage that? I haven't been able to get mine to register...

Crazypants
07-05-2017, 05:13 AM

Finally got one to register tonight with a lvl 1 Desert Warrior.

thealchemist
07-05-2017, 05:21 AM
12 G/A Rare souls today for a Cyborg Eddie!!!!!!! I wanted VH Eddie to help me complete LOL mission but Cyborg will do nicely :) Also 2x Gunner CotD! (new toon), 2x Wicker Golem (new toon), Burning Mummy Dog (new toon) and the rest dupes including a 4* GS.

5 other rare souls including a Magus for bunch of dupes, none 4*. Win some and you lose some but overall I'd state today as a success.

So to recap over past 2 days I've gone through 30 rare souls and I got a 5* Eddie, four 4* toons and rest all 3* and mostly dupes. So about 1/6 chance to get 4* or better? These current drop rates are improved but they aren't ridiculous either and just giving away rare toons easily. So the question would have to be why don't these drop rates remain beyond this event??! I can't see why not as I'm considering using trooper badges or ironite to buy more souls but I'm still cautious as I know I can still be disappointed. Just my 2 cents for the day.

Mizrael
07-05-2017, 06:08 AM
Skill shards should be removed from sacrifice! out of 4 exalted sacrifices i have got 3x2 skill shards :(
how does that compare to 20 souls?

with so many places you can get them nowadays i dont think 2 shards compare to 20-30 souls. especially in such an event, where souls actually give something...

Askora
07-05-2017, 06:14 AM

It only worked on the cache quest for me, didn't register on the horde. I used SoL Eddie, Death Dog and Assassin Axis Bomber Boy. No energy skills until I got to the Artillery Dogs. Then I'd use AABB's power skill, which seemed to be way less than 50% on applying the effect. Used SoL's heal just to keep from attacking and Death dog just attacked the dogs of war first. Took 3 days to get finished. Day 1, never got it to work. Day 2 managed one permadeath and today got the other two.

MoonShadow
07-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Be sure to grab your 2 free rare souls from LotB's facebook page.Thanks 4 the hint! Got 2 dupes but still better than nothing to sacrifice.

Event is going good for me so far. Other than having hell getting permadeath on those artillery dogs, but finally managed that.Another day, another try, another wasted chance. I don't know what was wrong today, I went into the Horde Quest with a Prisoner (from troopers) and a Desert Rider. Prisoner smoothly disabled the passives and I managed to easily inflict 4x permadeaths on the artillery dogs... but neither one was registered!! Its because of using a trooper or not....?!? I'm getting crazy. :)

And in the cache quest my toons are too powerful.

thealchemist
07-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Another day, another try, another wasted chance. I don't know what was wrong today, I went into the Horde Quest with a Prisoner (from troopers) and a Desert Rider. Prisoner smoothly disabled the passives and I managed to easily inflict 4x permadeaths on the artillery dogs... but neither one was registered!! Its because of using a trooper or not....?!? I'm getting crazy. :)

And in the cache quest my toons are too powerful.

I have a feeling it works on the cache rather than the hoard. I don't think a trooper stopped me from getting it either. Perhaps you need to drop a heap of common souls and hope you get another level 1 desert warrior you can use? Just give it green mystical talismans to help it survive without doing much damage.

MoonShadow
07-05-2017, 07:09 AM
I have a feeling it works on the cache rather than the hoard. I don't think a trooper stopped me from getting it either. Perhaps you need to drop a heap of common souls and hope you get another level 1 desert warrior you can use? Just give it green mystical talismans to help it survive without doing much damage.Maybe it works just on the cache but they should've said that in the trial description.. anyways, your suggestion is good, will try to get a Desert Warrior (not Rider like I've said before). Got a platoon of them which went all sacrificed, the one I'm using right now was spared and promoted just to this special occasion. Now I should pray for the RNG gods for an other. :)

thealchemist
07-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Maybe it works just on the cache but they should've said that in the trial description.. anyways, your suggestion is good, will try to get a Desert Warrior (not Rider like I've said before). Got a platoon of them which went all sacrificed, the one I'm using right now was spared and promoted just to this special occasion. Now I should pray for the RNG gods for an other. :)

If it is only the cache as I suspect going by how others have had success there too, its possible its a bug and not intended. I also sacrificed quite a few DWs over time but recently decided to keep most toons if I didn't have them already just in case. Then these missions came about so that turned out to be a good decision. If you can't get a desert warrior do you have a mummy dog/burning mummy dog or magus axis soldier? they have a chance to inflict permadeath but not a sure thing like the desert warrior so might take a few more tries.

calizario
07-05-2017, 01:35 PM

I understand your point, but there are smaller things that can be done in the arena store, such as taking the limit of 1 per week in souls and including G / A soul in the arena store. Until today I do not understand this protection of you with this soul. Basically it would look the same in the store with the troop points but as more flexibility to decide what to buy during the week using troopers points or iron coins.

Cheers

Scarecrow
07-05-2017, 02:14 PM
I do like the events going on, but you need to give us some kind of limit on getting the same tired old 3 star dupes please! I did just get 25 precious fragments from one drop on madness powerslave though.

Try to not make everything about high dollar cash buys please, even though I am buying. Someone has to be a coiner right?

Chaosego888
07-05-2017, 03:42 PM
I did this with Soldier Eddie, Sentinel Undead Rescuer and Assassin Axis Bomber Boy. Remove Immunity with the rescuer, use Soldier's roulette and use Bomber Boy's power move. You can keep them alive as long as you want. You can do this in one playthrough as long as you have these 3 characters.

Sparton_LOTB
07-05-2017, 04:07 PM
P.S. @ Devs: The Daily login screen haven't popped out for me for today - wasn't able to collect my daily reward... Could you fix this? Thanks

There is a known issue where the Daily Login Rewards popup will not trigger if you're still in the game when the reset occurs. It should appear when you restart the app (but if you do too many other actions before restarting the app, your account will be silently awarded that day's reward and will not see the popup).

zamasu
07-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Can we expect something else from this event? or this is IT?

Witkacy
07-05-2017, 05:49 PM
There is a known issue where the Daily Login Rewards popup will not trigger if you're still in the game when the reset occurs. It should appear when you restart the app (but if you do too many other actions before restarting the app, your account will be silently awarded that day's reward and will not see the popup).

Sparton :)

Thanks, it's good to know that better leave the game just before the reset time... I got my reward later on todays morning as logged for the first time since leaving the game...

Everything's cool then - thanks again

Cheers,

W

P.S. Got another fine toons off missions, so temporary I've supported you guys buying some ''mid'' pack... So far I am very pleased of the event, thank you - see that you celebrating my birthday with me, so I want to celebrate yours with you as well:

If anybody asking:

Non dupes:

Shaman
Wicker Man
Corrupt Rescuer (Assassin) - I've got all the girls now, yay!

Dupes:

3 x Corrupt Rescuer (Magus) - one from the magus soul, 2 from rare - hmm... It's some kind ''Rescue Day'' today? LOL
1 x Desert Warrior
Some festive stuff like Pumpkins etc.

kkkreg5
07-05-2017, 07:36 PM
It only worked on the cache quest for me, didn't register on the horde. I used SoL Eddie, Death Dog and Assassin Axis Bomber Boy. No energy skills until I got to the Artillery Dogs. Then I'd use AABB's power skill, which seemed to be way less than 50% on applying the effect. Used SoL's heal just to keep from attacking and Death dog just attacked the dogs of war first. Took 3 days to get finished. Day 1, never got it to work. Day 2 managed one permadeath and today got the other two.

Looks like both MoonShadow and I have played Hoard with no freaking permadeaths being registered. It has be Cache only which should then be registered as a bug according to the mission's description. Anyway, thanks for the advice Askora. I'll have it give it another try with less powerful toons. I'll have to remove all talismans for Cache.

druid138
07-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Be sure to check this thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6540-Claim-2-rare-souls-if-you-didn-t-already) for the most recent free Rare Soul and Ironite redemption codes. There have been a few over the past day or so.

jpmusic
07-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Just got 10 anniversary souls... no Eddie :( just BNW, Halloween, and Christmas characters, some of them dupes.

GotN
07-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Just dropped 2 anniversary souls
- Mystic Eddie
- Gunner Golden Son
Great, but both dupes. Sacrifice awaits.

kkkreg5
07-06-2017, 01:14 AM
So... I'm horrible at math... If there is 2x greater chance of 4-5 star characters, what is the actual chance? So far, I've opened about 7 rare souls and have not gotten a 4 or 5 star. Anyone know what the actual chance of getting a 4-5 star character out of rare soul is?

DIEDD
07-06-2017, 01:22 AM
So... I'm horrible at math... If there is 2x greater chance of 4-5 star characters, what is the actual chance? So far, I've opened about 7 rare souls and have not gotten a 4 or 5 star. Anyone know what the actual chance of getting a 4-5 star character out of rare soul is?

I've been thinking that these events do not always work for everyone, I'm open about 6 anniversary souls and the 2 characters I got were 2 NBOL warrior, the same happened with the previous event, I do not know how this works.

Monte47
07-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Meh, I've hung on, spewed leaving, complained, thanked, gave kudos, tried to give feedback.... ultimately, the game is a suck. EVERY soul, save for one has been a three star dupe. Fuck it. You want my money? You've gotten a shit ton. I'm over it.

One skill Shard this month on skill quests that drop less loot than Underworld madness? Lol,? Ok.

I'll give my trooper badges, and maybe buy my arena loot... but with the nerfs and FU's, I'm over it.

I pray you stay a viable game, as I live the band, and think some in NF are cool. Great customer service, cool you chat...

But overall, you care fuck all for your long term peeps.
Cheers
Eskiggalu

thealchemist
07-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Today I had 2 rare souls, 2 warrior rare souls, 1 magus rare soul and 1 sentinel rare soul. All but the sentinel soul yielded me 3* dupes, but the sentinel gave me a Harpy! Been striking out with warrior and magus characters but Sentinel 4* toons have been rearing their heads. I just want one more Eddie and I'll be extremely happy :)

DaveMurray
07-06-2017, 08:51 AM

The fact that it is 2x doesn't mean that RNG is gone... Some will get everything most will get sh1t as always.
Since anniversary week started i opened about 300(maybe more i've lost count) rare and above lvl souls and i got one 5* Eddie(Mystic which i didn't take with 200 of his souls the previous week).
All the rest were 3* and 4* crap as usual except 2 characters i wanted, green droid from anniversary soul and GCR from a g/a soul. Even the 2 legendaries i opened were 4*.
I also obtained Prisoner but it was from the mythical soul which is a guaranteed 5* so i don't count that.

konstifik
07-06-2017, 10:12 AM

Normally, the chance is about 1 in 10 (as per estimates made from larger data sets collected by forumists) to get a 4-5* from a rare soul, so it should be about 1 in 5 during this week. I've opened a total of 52 souls (a mix of rare, warrior, sentinel, magus, G/A, anniversary) today and have pulled two 5* and nine 4* from those, so the 1 in 5 seems correct.

MoonShadow
07-06-2017, 11:23 AM
If it is only the cache as I suspect going by how others have had success there too, its possible its a bug and not intended. I also sacrificed quite a few DWs over time but recently decided to keep most toons if I didn't have them already just in case. Then these missions came about so that turned out to be a good decision. If you can't get a desert warrior do you have a mummy dog/burning mummy dog or magus axis soldier? they have a chance to inflict permadeath but not a sure thing like the desert warrior so might take a few more tries.Finally managed to clear this trial. I was lucky in getting a Desert Warrior from a Warrior soul this morning, which was already lvl 3. Put some green talis (mystical) and paired him with a lvl 3 Warrior Undead Soldier (also just with greens, for no extra damage), which can remove beneficials with his primary attack (75% chance), and it worked like a charm. :)

Looks like both MoonShadow and I have played Hoard with no freaking permadeaths being registered. It has be Cache only which should then be registered as a bug according to the mission's description. Anyway, thanks for the advice Askora. I'll have it give it another try with less powerful toons. I'll have to remove all talismans for Cache.Today, I didn't try again Hoard, but it worked in the Cache. Just bring some low-leveled characters, with some green mystical talismans and it should work.

aXe
07-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I managed to get Mystic, Storm and Carriage Rider Eddie's from the event. Not to mention some very nice 4* like the Corrupt Harpy. That's from around 13 souls. I doubt I'll get Coalgiver Eddie or Warrior CoTD with the time left but I'll be happy with my luck for a good while.

Amarthir
07-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Well after throwing in some spare 4* toons and dupes and achieving an exalted sacrifice and filling the purple ring, I gotta say I'm a little bummed out. I was cursed with the 2 skill shard reward from the sacrifice and the ring bonus awarded me with 4 more skill shards and 10 rare GA souls. And said souls yielded one 4* golden son and nothing else... I think I'm done with this event lol. I like the skill shards, I have 8 now counting the two I had before the sacrifices and I'll probably use those on my new eternity soul I'll have this week (fingers crossed for no second Beelzebub) but it did take kind of a while to get those souls. Oh well, those toons weren't exactly A+ fighters. I suppose that after all of this, I agree with some of the people who were talking about this.

2 skill shards is a dreadful reward for an exalted sacrifice.

thealchemist
07-07-2017, 03:40 AM
Took the plunge and bought a 10x Anniversary pack. As for new toons I got Mystic Eddie (wanted Viking but its an Eddie so no complaints!), Magus Golden Son, Festive Wickerdeer and Cheering Wickerdeer. Rest were dupes including a MCR. 3 out of 10 for 4-5* toons isn't too bad really. Only toons I'm missing and I'd take happily are Viking, Shaman, Coalgiver Eddies of course, Assassin/Gunner CRs, Assassin and Sentinel GSs, Assassin NBOL and Warrior Undead Rescuer. Not fussed about Possessed Snowmans, Haunted Pumpkins and whatnot. Not sure I should roll the dice or not though....I now kinda need the ironite to buy talisman packs to power up all the new toons I have.

URock
07-07-2017, 09:19 AM
I bought 2 packs of 10 souls...only dupes and tons of lame pumpkins.

Waste of ironite.

Kardas
07-07-2017, 12:06 PM
...Sigh...
I went big today. Bought 40 Anniversary Soul packs. Had enough Sacrifices (8x Tier 6) to give me two Vortexes today.
And when the dust settled, I had 3 new toons:
Sentinel Harpy, Artillery Dog, Gunner Corrupt Rescuer.
They're good toons, but after all that Sacrificing I had hoped for more. And damn Coalgiver eludes me yet again. Not really mad, just a little disappointed.
...Sigh...

It seems like the game was stuck or something. I must have spent like 80 Rare GA Souls, and the only rares I ever got out of them were Desert Marauder, Gunner Golden Son, Artillery Dog, and Assassin Newborn

angelkelly
07-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Is there any way you guys would be willing to increase the amount of skill shards you get from a tier 6 sacrifice. Only receiving 2 skill shards was a bit disappointing and very frustrating.:(

Besides that I finally manage to pull Mystic Eddie and a lot of other key toons. Now all I'm missing is Sentinel Harpy and The Prisoner.

2 skill shards yet again. :mad::mad::mad:

R1ck
07-07-2017, 02:53 PM
So far new toons these week:

Navigator
Mystic
Gunner CotD
Gunner Desert Marauder
Assasin CR
Sentinel festive wickerdeer (my only wickerdeer)
Sentinel haunted pumpkin (pumpkins complete)

Still looking for Coalgiver.

3 eddies missing, Coalgiver, Tailgunner and Eternity.

So far I like the event, looking forward for next week event 😃

Monte47
07-08-2017, 12:56 AM
Tier VI, 50 rare souls, mostly dupes, but I got the Green Harpy (or, as I call her, the green bitch. I hate battling her), so I'm pleased. Filled my vortex and got six skill shards and two legendary souls, which were souls I got in the 50 rare souls, so, meh. But I got the green bitch. Now, if I could get the gold bitch (GCR), my LOTB life would feel complete😂

thealchemist
07-08-2017, 06:05 AM
I bought 5 warrior rare souls and 5 sentinel rare souls with trooper points, all dupes, that NBOL keeps coming up now since the event! I was hoping for one of troll, hell hound, rocket dog, CotD, Noman, Shaman/Samurai Eddies, AoF out of the warrior souls but nada. I wanted a Pharaoh, Vikings or Visions Eddie out of Sentinel souls but another nada, dupe Harpy and FotD Eddie. The NBOL from yesterday helped me get a grand sacrifice which gave me 5 G/A rare souls which I had better luck with. Tailgunner Eddie but I am possibly happier about Artillery Dog! So far probably my strongest Assassin toon going by its stats and passive. So besides missing out on warrior toons I have gotten some strong toons of most other classes. Cost me 12500 trooper points and 1000 Ironite but worth it.

Summary of new toons of note from this event -
Mystic Eddie
Cyborg Eddie
Tailgunner Eddie
Sentinel Harpy
Sentinel Corrupt Droid
Sentinel and Gunner Bomber Boys
Gunner CotD
Magus and Gunner GS
Artillery Dog

I will be hoarding rare souls for the next event from now on. Got loads of farming to do now. Thanks for the event NF :)

Kardas
07-08-2017, 10:28 PM
So hours away from the end of the event I thought screw it, and decided to spend all my Trooper points on Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls. For one last try.
Drop all 4 of them together in Book of Souls, and...
RAINMAKER EDDIE!

I'm so happy! My first ever 5* from these souls! This makes all the Sacrifices from yesterday worth it!