PDA

View Full Version : Holy Smoke Eddie from a Soul

druid138
07-04-2017, 04:42 PM
My first Legendary Soul (Dec or Jan) dropped a dupe Holy Smoke Eddie. I haven't seen him drop again. The Fragments screen doesn't list him as a Warrior Soul or Legendary Soul character possibility. Has anyone else seen him drop? I didn't think much of it when he dropped for me, other than some disappointment. But, now I'm starting to wonder if it was a bug. Am I the only one with two of him?!

Kardas
07-04-2017, 05:11 PM
There's been others who got a dupe Holy Smoke (or Wicker Man, or Soldier Eddie), but some time in the past NF decided that these were pointless drops from souls, so these three have been removed from all soul drops.

Here's the relevant post: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6471-June-28th-2017-Update-Discussion&p=47401&viewfull=1#post47401

Scarecrow
07-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Now I know why I couldn't even find Holy Smokes Eddie in the soul listings in my fragments screen this morning, I keep reading about him in the forums and was curious. Last night I opened my legendary soul and got a 4* The Wicker Man, it's my second now. So wonder if maybe we can still get a Holy Smokes?

I usually have my wife open them, I feel less bummed if she doesn't get the red eyes.

druid138
07-11-2017, 04:08 PM
There's been others who got a dupe Holy Smoke (or Wicker Man, or Soldier Eddie), but some time in the past NF decided that these were pointless drops from souls, so these three have been removed from all soul drops.

Here's the relevant post: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6471-June-28th-2017-Update-Discussion&p=47401&viewfull=1#post47401

Thanks - that clears things up! I missed that post.

druid138
07-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Now I know why I couldn't even find Holy Smokes Eddie in the soul listings in my fragments screen this morning, I keep reading about him in the forums and was curious. Last night I opened my legendary soul and got a 4* The Wicker Man, it's my second now. So wonder if maybe we can still get a Holy Smokes?

I usually have my wife open them, I feel less bummed if she doesn't get the red eyes.

The Wicker Man is still available, but it sounds like Wicker Man Eddie is not (at least from a soul). I understand about having your wife open the souls. I do the same thing!

Sparton_LOTB
07-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Just to confirm, the following characters are not available from most souls:

(Holy Smokes) Eddie (you start with him)
Wickerman Eddie (earned at end of Ailing Kingdom)
Soldier Eddie (earned mid-Battlefield)
Grim Reaper Eddie (earned for collecting all current objective skulls)
The four Eternals (only available from Eternal Souls)
EDIT: "Seasonal" characters (such as Coalgiver Eddie, or the Haunted Pumpkins)

Everything else that is a collectable character is found in souls appropriate to their class and rarity.

Mariner-1212
07-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Everything else that is a collectable character is found in souls appropriate to their class and rarity.

...meaning that Coalgiver is available through a Warrior Soul anytime, or he's only available sparingly through the limited events (and gone for now)?

Sparton_LOTB
07-11-2017, 05:35 PM
...meaning that Coalgiver is available through a Warrior Soul anytime, or he's only available sparingly through the limited events (and gone for now)?

Oh wait shoot, sorry; all of the "seasonal" characters (Coalgiver Eddie, the Wickerdeers, the Possessed Snowman, the Haunted Pumpkins, etc) are not available in souls unless otherwise specified. I'll also edit a note for that into my above post; thanks for catching that.

Witkacy
07-11-2017, 11:01 PM

Sparton :)

Thanks for the info... I have such question: Why certain Eddies are NOT available anymore in the game? How this is stand in your policy/conception of the game? I believe and assume (maybe wrong) that Eddies (no matter of class, rarity etc.) ARE the key figures of this particular game... Any other character you've added/created even calling them sometimes arguably as ''legendary'' it's just an addition to make the gameplay more fun, attractive - at least I see this that way and explain that to myself like that... So why you've removed Eddies make them NOT available anymore on one hand and on the other hand you encouraging players to sacrifice them, making even an achievement for this job?

Point is: all the Eddies SHOULD BE available all the time (including Basic one or Wickerman) to those who no matter of reasons got sacrificed them, to gain them back over time eventually... Next thing how you're imaging of sacrificing 100 Eddies while certain won't be possible anymore? This thing seem to me not worth to do nor my efforts nor time (everybody knows that Eddies not fall of the sky like rain in the summer)...

So please consider making 'em available again even as 1* of 2* that would be fair as they are basic ones and be therefore should be available as more common... Thanks

Cheers,

W

Coletrain
07-12-2017, 02:29 AM
Sparton :)

Thanks for the info... I have such question: Why certain Eddies are NOT available anymore in the game? How this is stand in your policy/conception of the game? I believe and assume (maybe wrong) that Eddies (no matter of class, rarity etc.) ARE the key figures of this particular game... Any other character you've added/created even calling them sometimes arguably as ''legendary'' it's just an addition to make the gameplay more fun, attractive - at least I see this that way and explain that to myself like that... So why you've removed Eddies make them NOT available anymore on one hand and on the other hand you encouraging players to sacrifice them, making even an achievement for this job?

Point is: all the Eddies SHOULD BE available all the time (including Basic one or Wickerman) to those who no matter of reasons got sacrificed them, to gain them back over time eventually... Next thing how you're imaging of sacrificing 100 Eddies while certain won't be possible anymore? This thing seem to me not worth to do nor my efforts nor time (everybody knows that Eddies not fall of the sky like rain in the summer)...

So please consider making 'em available again even as 1* of 2* that would be fair as they are basic ones and be therefore should be available as more common... Thanks

Cheers,

W

From what I remember, people complained that they were getting Holy Smoke/Wicker Man/Soldier Eddies from their Rare/Legendary Souls so they were removed from the drop list. If they're just added back right now, people will again complain if they get them in a Legendary Soul. I like the idea of dropping them at a lower star level so that they're out of Legendary Souls.

As far as sacrificing 100 Eddies, I get numerous Speed of Light/Run to the Hills/Mummy Eddies every time I open common or rare souls so there are ample opportunities to work towards this achievement.

Askora
07-12-2017, 04:18 AM
Technically, shouldn't HS Eddie be a 1 star drop? He is the only Eddie in the game you ever get as a 1 star. :cool:

Scarecrow
07-14-2017, 12:04 PM
I never new the Holy Smokes Eddie was the starting Eddie! what a noob I am. Glad I was in this thread.

I have an idea for you Spaton - just make those starting/early rewards Eddies non sacrificial? That way at least the new players can't get rid of them and still could collect the set(like I am trying). I am a hoarder, so never sacrificed and Ed if I didn't have a second one.

Then you could make some kind mini mission for folks to get back those early/weak Ed's to make a set. Make it so we could only get it once and make them non sacrificial?

\m/

Kardas
07-14-2017, 12:55 PM
I never new the Holy Smokes Eddie was the starting Eddie! what a noob I am. Glad I was in this thread.

I have an idea for you Spaton - just make those starting/early rewards Eddies non sacrificial? That way at least the new players can't get rid of them and still could collect the set(like I am trying). I am a hoarder, so never sacrificed and Ed if I didn't have a second one.

Then you could make some kind mini mission for folks to get back those early/weak Ed's to make a set. Make it so we could only get it once and make them non sacrificial?

\m/

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'm sure this could be turned into some easy fragments event. Give the Eds their original droprank (4*; so NOT how you get them in Campaign), so the hoarders may want to join in a bit for some more Sacrifice fodder.

LandCrusher70
07-14-2017, 07:28 PM

I am confused...
Is Soldier Eddie earned?
When I completed Battlefield, I expected him as a reward, but was dissapointed to get NOTHING.
I have only just recently received him through a Soul drop..... (within the last few months)
It seemed like everyone had him. I was stoked to finally get him!

I also Soul dropped a (duplicate) Wickerman at some point.

LandCrusher70
07-14-2017, 07:30 PM

WTF...
I never got my Soldier Eddie!!

Kardas
07-14-2017, 08:28 PM
@ LandCrusher70:
First off, there's a difference between Wicker Man Eddie (a Magus) and The Wicker Man (4* Warrior). I'm assuming the latter dropped for you.
As for Soldier Eddie, I'm guessing you should have been able to pick him up via the Achievements after completing Heart of Darkness (where you fight Corrupt General). That was when most of us got him. If you really didn't get him from playing the Campaign (and didn't Sacrifice him), perhaps contact Support.

LandCrusher70
07-14-2017, 10:43 PM
@ LandCrusher70:
First off, there's a difference between Wicker Man Eddie (a Magus) and The Wicker Man (4* Warrior). I'm assuming the latter dropped for you.
As for Soldier Eddie, I'm guessing you should have been able to pick him up via the Achievements after completing Heart of Darkness (where you fight Corrupt General). That was when most of us got him. If you really didn't get him from playing the Campaign (and didn't Sacrifice him), perhaps contact Support.

Yep, I really didn't get him. Lame.

I used trooper Soldier Eddies often. He was a beast back then and I really thought he was an achievement award (guess I was right). I definitely DID NOT sacrifice him. I finished the campaign last year sometime, so I would've had him just hanging around long before sacrifice was introduced. Like I said, I just got him fairly recently and I was stoked to finally have him drop!

BTW, I have both the Wicker Man and Wicker Man Eddie. It was the Eddie variety. I know I sacrificed him, being a dup and all....