PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Daily PVP Packs in the PVP Store! This Week Only!

Sparton_LOTB
07-09-2017, 12:35 AM
From July 8th, 5 PM PDT to July 15th, 5 PM PDT, every day has a different, one-time deal for Iron Coins in the PVP Store. Each deal lasts exactly 24 hours and will not be revealed in advance, so check back each day after 5 PM PDT to see what the next deal is!

These deals are one time offers! Once they leave the store, they will not be available again, so be sure to build up some extra Iron Coins if you're low. Prices vary, but most items will be a few hundred Iron Coins to purchase.

(Note: There are Guard and Enduring Talisman additions to the PVP Store this week, but these limited time offers are not connected to this specific event, and will still be available past July 15, 5pm PDT. See the Guard and Enduring Announcements thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6676) for more information.)

Silentknight
07-09-2017, 01:44 AM
So the month long half price legendary soul is gone??? Awesome, more toon slots...woulda been nice last week!!!

90mphyorker
07-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Pulled Navigator Eddie through them. Nice!

Sparton_LOTB
07-09-2017, 06:04 AM
So the month long half price legendary soul is gone???

The half off Legendary Soul should still be around all month, but as per normal for the Legendary Soul, you can only buy it once per month.

Awesome, more toon slots...woulda been nice last week!!!

Oh yeah, shoot, I forgot to mention that the server from a day ago added support for that. Thanks for the reminder; I'll post that in the update thread.

Silentknight
07-09-2017, 11:47 AM
The half off Legendary Soul should still be around all month, but as per normal for the Legendary Soul, you can only buy it once per month.

Used to be chained up with timer...gone.

HomemLivre
07-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Thanks Sparton, I really appreciated this add in the game. Im curious to see what can we buy every day.
Will this sales change every week or will be the same through the month?

Edit: Forget it, lol. This week only lol, fail hahaha But you guys pretend to implement this again in the future?

thealchemist
07-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Today its immunity talismans, one will and one bulwark. Handy but trying to work out what toons would be best suited to these? Seems to me ones that deal a combination of, or either physical/magic/true/random damage, ideally a yellow talisman slot and no passive or skills based around immunity. So maybe Gunner Undead Allied Soldier, Assassin Axis Soldier and Gunner Dog are the 3 that I have that could benefit the most from these. Not sure if thats a worthy investment though...

BonFire
07-11-2017, 08:49 PM
If my Prisoner wasn't set up for PVE, I'd totally throw Immunity on him. Might be great for Wrath though.

Sag7272
07-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Not sure if thats a worthy investment though...

Definitely, having these opens a lot of opportunities, even if you are not to use them now I'd advise to buy them if you have some coins, you'll find a use soon enough... They are invaluable sometimes...

thealchemist
07-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Definitely, having these opens a lot of opportunities, even if you are not to use them now I'd advise to buy them if you have some coins, you'll find a use soon enough... They are invaluable sometimes...

I have my eye on a set of Guard talismans at the moment. Also waiting to see what else might become available later in the week. Most of these items seem to be aimed at players who've got lots of more coin to spend than I do. I have used all mine lately on a half price legendary soul and a lot of eternity fragments.

IceManFerrar
07-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Hey Trooper, I am not all the impressed with the Guard Talismans. They may be bugged right now, but didn't seem to faze the Nomad and other true damage characters. I maxed a set and put it on my Pharaoh, and then removed it and benched it.

Also, I faced a Clairvoyant which had the Endure set, and it was easily removed by my WNBoL, after which I could kill her. So while I have two Ensure Talismans currently and will buy a third next week, I am not sure if it is worth it.

That being said, I do love the daily packs and liked the Skill Shards, Immunity set, etc.

THANK YOU NF!!!

Bradata
07-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Hey Trooper, I am not all the impressed with the Guard Talismans. They may be bugged right now, but didn't seem to faze the Nomad and other true damage characters. I maxed a set and put it on my Pharaoh, and then removed it and benched it.

Also, I faced a Clairvoyant which had the Endure set, and it was easily removed by my WNBoL, after which I could kill her. So while I have two Ensure Talismans currently and will buy a third next week, I am not sure if it is worth it.

That being said, I do love the daily packs and liked the Skill Shards, Immunity set, etc.

THANK YOU NF!!!

I mentioned this earlier in a post that those new talismans are not what one would've hoped for, the buffs are easily removed by many characters including NBOL. I bought a set of each one but don't like them much. Using them for now as an experiment to see if they will improve my defense.

IceManFerrar
07-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Cheers Bradata, will be good to know your thoughts and results. You are a top player and your input would be definitely appreciated.

I will say that your team gives me a real pain when facing you in the Arena...if it wasn't for the lousy AI, I think I would lose every time, lol!

Mizrael
07-12-2017, 08:57 PM
i too am struggling to find a slot for things like immunity or endure on any character i can think of.
i guess im still in a PvE mind setup so i always preffer:
1. raw force (stat boosting sets)
2. activate on hit (void,thorns,explosive,aso sets)
and only at 3rd come immunity and endure.
Just like Bradata said, there are so many RBEs or even worse-stealers. i once fought against an MCR who stripped my whole team and ended up single handily massacrating my whole team with about 10 buffs on her...

Besides, immunity doesn't reduce damage. if you get hit by a Samurai or the Nomad for 22 500 dmg it wont make any difference. but put a health set on and you might survive the blow and use your character the next turn...

IceManFerrar
07-12-2017, 09:48 PM
i too am struggling to find a slot for things like immunity or endure on any character i can think of.
i guess im still in a PvE mind setup so i always preffer:
1. raw force (stat boosting sets)
2. activate on hit (void,thorns,explosive,aso sets)
and only at 3rd come immunity and endure.
Just like Bradata said, there are so many RBEs or even worse-stealers. i once fought against an MCR who stripped my whole team and ended up single handily massacrating my whole team with about 10 buffs on her...

Besides, immunity doesn't reduce damage. if you get hit by a Samurai or the Nomad for 22 500 dmg it wont make any difference. but put a health set on and you might survive the blow and use your character the next turn...

It depends on your attack strategy. I will definitely say that the Immunity Talismans are worth their weight in gold, similar to Shells, especially if you go second. Depends of course if the opposing teams have buff removers/stealers, but still very useful nonetheless. I use the Immunity Talis on my support toons, so that they can then heal and protect my main attack toons. You don't want to lose control of your support toons to the SSD taunters or Harpy silencers.

One good strategy I obeserved from the top players was to apply Shell and Immunity Talismans on Visions Eddie, who was then used to "Cleanse" the other toons if they got stunned, frozen, blinded, etc. That way they would at least retain control of Visions and not lose control of him.

Hope this helps.

slauki
07-13-2017, 12:12 AM
vampiric talismans and precious soul fragments, comeon guys. there is really important stuff like shells which people lack of... or resistance talismans, which would be cool, what about explosives...eternity frags and so on....so much cool ...hope for freeze ones tomorrow ;-)

EDIT: i just realized that they didn't drop since helloween event so maybe not that bad for people who don't have them...but would prefer 20 sets of shells :P

MrFreeze
07-13-2017, 12:31 AM
vampiric talismans and precious soul fragments, comeon guys. there is really important stuff like shells which people lack of... or resistance talismans, which would be cool, what about explosives...eternity frags and so on....so much cool ...hope for freeze ones tomorrow ;-)

Didn't even bother buying the fragments. Don't need vampiric either. Got a ton of them already. The immunity and skill shard was nice. Maybe we'll still see shell talismans. 2 mystic probably

How can all these bots get through when I somehow fail to pick all the street signs on this verification crap.

JJJ428
07-13-2017, 12:53 AM
I am really hoping the explosive talismans are available this week. They are beyond incredible.

thealchemist
07-13-2017, 02:04 AM
I don't have any of these sets so its one way for me to get my hands on them and I am sure they have some use whether its guard, vampiric or whatever, at least in PVE. Although all barrier type for vampiric and only a chance to give health on attacks? What percentage is said chance, 12/35/45%? I think I'd rather something thats closer to a sure thing for iron coin regardless. As for PVP use, I'm not that fussed tbh...

angelkelly
07-13-2017, 02:31 AM
I am really hoping the explosive talismans are available this week. They are beyond incredible.

Nah just op.

Kris-0707
07-13-2017, 07:42 AM
When I saw it, I started to laugh. Why we cannot buy for the same price for example pack of every colour souls incl g/a soul. Legendary soul would be worth to spend some coins as well, but not fragments of useless souls or talismans. Come on ...

DaveMurray
07-13-2017, 09:45 AM
At least you get a way of spending some Iron Coins and still a few days left, they might surprise us with something good.

Kris-0707
07-13-2017, 11:55 AM
I don't think $o

Mizrael
07-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Nah just op.

PSSSSST!!!
(9 months after someone mentioned that fierce talismans add more atk and people still didn't learn!)

Zerynx
07-13-2017, 05:44 PM
Are the Vampire Talismans worth it? I only have about 850 Iron Coin. Wondering if it is worth the big expense.

My understanding is that it's a 50% chance to regain 15% health on a perfect strike.

Maybe that is better than it sounds? Maybe they work best on VH Eddie, which I don't have.

Just hate to miss something good.

Thanks!
Z

slauki
07-13-2017, 05:48 PM
Are the Vampire Talismans worth it? I only have about 850 Iron Coin. Wondering if it is worth the big expense.

My understanding is that it's a 50% chance to regain 15% health on a perfect strike.

Maybe that is better than it sounds? Maybe they work best on VH Eddie, which I don't have.

Just hate to miss something good.

Thanks!
Z

they are mediocre, but i would really save my 850 coins in case something good comes along the last days. i expect something nice but expensive on saturday, so that people have to play more pvp to earn some coins, but it's only my theory, because ii would designt it that way ;-)

Zerynx
07-13-2017, 05:53 PM
they are mediocre, but i would really save my 850 coins in case something good comes along the last days. i expect something nice but expensive on saturday, so that people have to play more pvp to earn some coins, but it's only my theory, because ii would designt it that way ;-)

My thought as well, I'd hate to miss something better.

Thanks Slauki!

angelkelly
07-14-2017, 04:48 AM
PSSSSST!!!
(9 months after someone mentioned that fierce talismans add more atk and people still didn't learn!)

Can you better explain what you mean by this???

Mizrael
07-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Can you better explain what you mean by this???

my example was one out of many,where players mentioned something being OP and the devs (having no clue themselves) read it on the forums and nerfed it without giving it any deeper thought. that's why we have now one kind of talismans(skilled etc) in each colour which is kinda useless.
So what i meant was that we need to choose wisely what we call OP unless we want to see it nerfed in the next patch (pushing the crucial bug fixes even further down the importance line).
But don't take it personal. it was more of a dev diss ;)

MrFreeze
07-14-2017, 02:00 PM
One day left. I guess we won't be seeing both shell and explosive talismans. Really wish I hadn't sold all those when they just generated a magma shield. So what's the finale of this extravagant event? One of those two talismans? A discounted legendary soul? An immortal or eternity soul? That's unlikely, but maybe. We'll find out tonight. My money's on a freeze set... sorcery:eek:

Sparton_LOTB
07-14-2017, 05:18 PM
my example was one out of many,where players mentioned something being OP and the devs (having no clue themselves) read it on the forums and nerfed it without giving it any deeper thought. that's why we have now one kind of talismans(skilled etc) in each colour which is kinda useless.
So what i meant was that we need to choose wisely what we call OP unless we want to see it nerfed in the next patch (pushing the crucial bug fixes even further down the importance line).
But don't take it personal. it was more of a dev diss ;)

This is bait, but... I don't know why you think Fierce being OP (making two subtypes subpar) is better than one subtype being subpar.

There's obviously a problem with Red/Blue talismans having the one non-HP subtype without HP being considerably less useful in many situations compared to other talismans. It's on our radar to improve the situation, but the changes we have in mind involve adjustments to the damage equation (so we don't have to improve DEF/MR value by just nerfing the value of HP/true damage), so we've not had a chance to do it yet.

One day left. I guess we won't be seeing both shell and explosive talismans. Really wish I hadn't sold all those when they just generated a magma shield. So what's the finale of this extravagant event? One of those two talismans? A discounted legendary soul? An immortal or eternity soul? That's unlikely, but maybe. We'll find out tonight. My money's on a freeze set... sorcery:eek:

Good guesses (except the Freezing (Sorcery) thing... we're not that mean!).

Mizrael
07-14-2017, 07:11 PM
This is bait, but... I don't know why you think Fierce being OP (making two subtypes subpar) is better than one subtype being subpar.

There's obviously a problem with Red/Blue talismans having the one non-HP subtype without HP being considerably less useful in many situations compared to other talismans. It's on our radar to improve the situation, but the changes we have in mind involve adjustments to the damage equation (so we don't have to improve DEF/MR value by just nerfing the value of HP/true damage), so we've not had a chance to do it yet...

LOL! Thanks for biting at last.this should have been thoroughly discussed months ago(even before the nerf happened IMO).

i've never said that fierce being OP is better than anything. But the readjusting of the other subpars was supposed to come along with the nerf of the fierce type, even though it was clear that it would require a massive overhaul of the damage equations.

You using terms as "it's on our radar" and "we've not had a chance to do it YET" is rather disturbing news to me, because it means that either:

a) BNW is another year away, or

b) the solution to this (for me) MAJOR issue is not part of a talisman focused BNW.

sadly, if B is the case it will inevitably lead to my resignation. i've sworn to myself that i would quit if you don't fix this by the time BNW gets introduced (was expecting it to be back in November ofc).

I find it hard to understand why has such a fundamental problem been ignored for almost a year and how you've prioritized the release of arena or some stupid eddies before sorting this out. you could at least delete those subpars (skilled,sorcery AND mystical AND the yelow one...overwhelming?) completely until it's sorted. but don't just ignore it ffs!

anyway...i'm gonna go start packing my bags...shame :(

LandCrusher70
07-15-2017, 12:05 AM
HA!
I will not buy another 'Legendary Soul' no matter how much it costs.
It'll just be another letdown....

slauki
07-15-2017, 01:48 AM
HA!
I will not buy another 'Legendary Soul' no matter how much it costs.
It'll just be another letdown....

it's a game of chances and this is a very cheap opportunity to get a shot at great chars...but you can safe your coins of course and burn them for the coloured souls, which have a similar price...

MrFreeze
07-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Good guesses (except the Freezing (Sorcery) thing... we're not that mean!).

Ah bummer. I sold all my sorcery

Kardas
07-15-2017, 09:56 AM
Now we've had all the Daily Packs, it's interesting to take a look at the whole picture:

- 3 Rare GA: Fun way to start off the week. 3 together is a nice bunch, especially because they're not in the PVP Store, and decently priced too.
- Skill Shard for 200 Iron Coins: Everyone wants Skill Shards. A good if safe move.
- 2 Immunity Talismans: THIS IS THE BEST.
- 35 Precious Soul fragments: hilarious. I certainly don't need Precious Souls enough to go for that, but maybe that's because I get mostly Gold Idols.
- 3 Vampiric Talismans: A cool idea for sure. Nice for those that don't have any, but everyone else would skip I think.
- Eternal Soul fragments: YES THIS IS GREAT AND IT'S A TERRIFIC DEAL TOO
- Legendary Soul for 300 Iron Coins: It all depends on what you get from it, but this is a really nice price for one.

So 5/7 for me. All in all, very nice NF.

slauki
07-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Now we've had all the Daily Packs, it's interesting to take a look at the whole picture:

- 3 Rare GA: Fun way to start off the week. 3 together is a nice bunch, especially because they're not in the PVP Store, and decently priced too.
- Skill Shard for 200 Iron Coins: Everyone wants Skill Shards. A good if safe move.
- 2 Immunity Talismans: THIS IS THE BEST.
- 35 Precious Soul fragments: hilarious. I certainly don't need Precious Souls enough to go for that, but maybe that's because I get mostly Gold Idols.
- 3 Vampiric Talismans: A cool idea for sure. Nice for those that don't have any, but everyone else would skip I think.
- Eternal Soul fragments: YES THIS IS GREAT AND IT'S A TERRIFIC DEAL TOO
- Legendary Soul for 300 Iron Coins: It all depends on what you get from it, but this is a really nice price for one.

So 5/7 for me. All in all, very nice NF.

pretty much agree with all what you said. only thing i miss is shells, because these little talis make a huge difference between players. i cannot use a bunch of toons because i don't wanna swich talismans. but that's another toppic.

all in all i like to see different things every week, hope they will continue that way till we finally see BNW.

JJJ428
07-15-2017, 03:12 PM
I really think we should have gotten an explosive talisman set instead of precious souls. To me they are the biggest difference maker in PVP and they were only available to really early players or having to pay cash for a deal. I am glad I did it the one time cause they have bailed me out more times then not and thats just with one set. I think other players should have been given an opportunity to get these before BNW finally comes out.

Ezz
07-15-2017, 06:17 PM
I really think we should have gotten an explosive talisman set instead of precious souls. To me they are the biggest difference maker in PVP and they were only available to really early players or having to pay cash for a deal. I am glad I did it the one time cause they have bailed me out more times then not and thats just with one set. I think other players should have been given an opportunity to get these before BNW finally comes out.

Agree - to make arena better balanced more folks need access to the exp talis. I have only 2 exp talis from way back last year. I thought about buying the set but then I would have 5 which means 2 are again useless. Need an option to buy these individually (iron coins or even cash) so us early players can even out the sets.

But overall I thought the special daily iron coin purchases were cool and a great idea.

Amarthir
07-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Yaaaay my 4th or 5th Tailgunner Eddie lmao. I'd still take a Legendary soul over any other one just because another 4 or 5 star toon is better than any 3* in terms of sacrifice. All in all this event was good. It certainly made me work for them since I basically started from scratch every day. Anyways crazy thing happened, I found someone with Mummy Eddie and 3 SSD toons. Needless to say they went first and demolished me haha. Thats why immunity talismans are important. I'm not mad, I'm actually somewhat impressed. That demon is so common yet I still don't have my hands on one.

Witkacy
07-15-2017, 07:32 PM
it's a game of chances and this is a very cheap opportunity to get a shot at great chars...but you can safe your coins of course and burn them for the coloured souls, which have a similar price...

Slauki :)

Fact that some character being 4* (because somebody said so) doesn't make him GREAT... I've never ever pulled (opened many legendary so far... First one at the very beginning of the game via the starter pack - then it had sense as every character was indeed GREAT, now it's NOT quite...) ANY 5* off legendary soul (even dupe)... What IS Legendary then - guaranteed chance of getting at least 4* character - that's it... Nothing more...

There won't be another try - I'd rather spent my coins on something certain and more useful than getting another ADTS* [****] (Warrior) I've got off Legendary Soul... Like skillshards for example which being little more expensive, but at least I can get what I ''pay''...

I found that very ironic NF selling Legendary Souls per 300 coins instead 1000 and still you can ''win'' the same... Very glad that never ever tried and threw away 1000 coins though... Maybe you're an Angel, but certainly I am NOT a Gambler...

Cheers,

W

*ADTS - Another Dupe To Sacrifice

slauki
07-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Slauki :)

Fact that some character being 4* (because somebody said so) doesn't make him GREAT... I've never ever pulled (opened many legendary so far... First one at the very beginning of the game via the starter pack - then it had sense as every character was indeed GREAT, now it's NOT quite...) ANY 5* off legendary soul (even dupe)... What IS Legendary then - guaranteed chance of getting at least 4* character - that's it... Nothing more...

There won't be another try - I'd rather spent my coins on something certain and more useful than getting another ADTS* [****] (Warrior) I've got off Legendary Soul... Like skillshards for example which being little more expensive, but at least I can get what I ''pay''...

I found that very ironic NF selling Legendary Souls per 300 coins instead 1000 and still you can ''win'' the same... Very glad that never ever tried and threw away 1000 coins though... Maybe you're an Angel, but certainly I am NOT a Gambler...

Cheers,

W

*ADTS - Another Dupe To Sacrifice

sacrifice changed the way i see characters today. now every 4* and every 5* toon is very welcome to fill up the vortex more and more. i sacrificed a lot last week during the 2x chances event, did 3 vortex fills and droppedfar more then 100 g/a souls (!!!!!!!!) so i finally got my gimp. wouldn't be possible without all the ADTS i saved over months. so i will happily throw 300 ironcoins and buy that soul and even if i get my 25th green golden son i won't complain. 95% of the time it will be a somewhat useless toon, only waiting for the right time to bbq. but 5% of the time you will score big, if you try often enough. it's a pretty simple law of probabillity. you will get screwed a lot but from time to time luck will shine down at you. the whole game is based on that so no way you can come around that.

and do you have any better idea how to invest 300 coins? even if we buy everything from the store there will be enough coins left if you use all your free sow, so i really cannot see a reason not to buy this cheap soul. i'm also waiting every month to throw 1000 coins in the ring just for the tiny chance to score big or to sacrifice the crappy toons. after all it's just ingame currency, so we don't have to be that cautious. and best argument of all: it's hell lot of fun to open it even if you are diappointed afterwards :)