PDA

View Full Version : New Talismans in PVP Store: Guard and Enduring

Sparton_LOTB
07-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Two new talismans have been added into the game:

Guard Talismans (Green): 3 set bonus for 2 turns of Guard Shield at the start of combat. Guard Shield reduces all damage by 25% and increases special gained when taking damage.
Enduring Talismans (Blue): 3 set bonus for 3 turns of Endure at the start of combat. Endure makes it so the character cannot go below 1 HP (unless suffering from Permadeath).

If a single character has multiple sets equipped, the start of battle status effect lasts longer (amount of extra turns is multiplied by the amount of sets).

Each of the 3 subtypes per talisman will be available to purchase from the PVP Store once a week. Guard Talismans will be 400 Iron Coins each, and Enduring Talismans will be 500 Iron Coins each. These will be available for a limited time (EDIT: these are leaving the store at August 12th, 5 PM PT).

(Note: There are special once-a-day deals also available in the PVP Store between July 8-15, but those will disappear from the store long before these talismans become unavailable. See the Rotating Daily PVP Packs Announcement thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6675) for more information.)

IceManFerrar
07-09-2017, 01:15 AM
Hey Sparton,
I don't see these in the Arena store, though I did see the once-a-day deal for 3 Rare G/A Souls, which I was able to purchase.

I have restarted my game a few times, but still don't see them.

Also, I haven't been receiving the daily rewards since yesterday's server update. I sent a ticket via the in-game Support button. Did not get the 20 SoT yesterday, nor the 25 Ironite today. :( Not sure if I am the only one facing this issue. I do get the rewards screen pop-up, but don't get the actual rewards.

Thanks in advance.

JJJ428
07-09-2017, 01:17 AM
First time i restarted I only saw the daily deal, after closing app and restarting a 2nd time I saw the new talismans.

90mphyorker
07-09-2017, 01:23 AM
Wow, 3 turns Endure? Seems a bit excessive. Best get my Newborn of Lights, Viking Eddie and Magus Corrupt Rescuer built up.

Fister
07-09-2017, 02:26 AM
I thought that permadeath prevented dead toons from being revived. And if a toon is guarded by endure it can't die.

What am I missing? 😮

I know AOF think a toon protected by endure is dead if it get close to zero hp. But that is a bug. This sounds intended.

Zapathusara
07-09-2017, 03:54 AM
Why on nine hells endure is not a purple set?
Glass Cannon Assassins will have to wait more to have a chance...

thealchemist
07-09-2017, 03:58 AM
I don't have the coin at the moment and 1 a week limit, I hope these are available for at least 2 weeks. That might give someone like me enough time to purchase a set, maybe even 2.

Rain88
07-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Cool talismans. How does the guard set compare with the shell set? I'm still unsure about the reduction percentage of the shell

JJJ428
07-09-2017, 10:30 AM
I don't have the coin at the moment and 1 a week limit, I hope these are available for at least 2 weeks. That might give someone like me enough time to purchase a set, maybe even 2.

Usually these talismans are around for a few weeks.

Peppoah
07-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Now I can complete my set of Guardian talismans. I have one in my inventory since a very long time. I hope they are good. They protect and give fury. Sounds good to me. I'll try to use them in my AOS together with thieve. Seems like a lot of fun.

Kardas
07-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Well those Talismans certainly look interesting. Will make buff removers even more important now, nerf or no nerf. I can't even remember where Guard Talismans dropped before the October Tuning Update. I've had only one of them ever.
And thanks for the extra inventory slots BTW.

I thought that permadeath prevented dead toons from being revived. And if a toon is guarded by endure it can't die.

What am I missing? ��

If you look at the description for the Permadeath effect, you'll see that Permadeath ignores Endure. I found this out the hard way farming Game of Death with Assassin Golden Son. Permadeath also ignores Ghost, which is nice against Magus Lord of Light.

Cool talismans. How does the guard set compare with the shell set? I'm still unsure about the reduction percentage of the shell

I don't have shells, but I believe Shells reduce damage by 50%, while Guard reduces damage by 25%. Also Shell Talismans last one turn (unless you have multiple sets on a character) while Guard lasts two turns. Guard Talismans are rather similar to the Warrior Troll's Power move, except that power move also separately increases DEF and MR.

Bradata
07-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Those talismans are worthless against New born of light and the other characters that can remove buff effects, too many to write their names. Almost everyone now has one or two NBOL. I for example have 2 Wrath, 2 NBOL and 2 Claivoyant not to mention Shaman Eddie all of them are good removers of these talismans. We are just filling up our talisman slots with more and more dump talismans :(

MoonShadow
07-22-2017, 08:20 PM
I'd like to know if these talisman sets (endure+guard) will still be available in the store next week, at least, cos I'm missing some coins for purchasing a third from a set, or they will be gone after the reset from today?

Sparton_LOTB
07-24-2017, 05:04 PM
I'd like to know if these talisman sets (endure+guard) will still be available in the store next week, at least, cos I'm missing some coins for purchasing a third from a set, or they will be gone after the reset from today?

We will give a heads up in the News feature when there is 2 or less weeks left before they go away. We haven't given that notice yet, so you'll have plenty of time.

MoonShadow
07-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Thanks, Sparton, I'll keep and eye upon the deadline... those iron coins are pretty hard to earn when you aren't a frequent Arena player.

edsel
07-28-2017, 10:25 PM
just got my 2nd set, shooting for 4 to offset arena stats

JJJ428
08-01-2017, 01:20 AM
have the talismans vanished for anyone else because of the monthly reset?

T-Man
08-01-2017, 02:11 AM
have the talismans vanished for anyone else because of the monthly reset?

Gone for me too. Legendary got me another GCotD. Just got one yesterday as well. :(

druid138
08-01-2017, 04:24 AM
Gone for me too. Legendary got me another GCotD. Just got one yesterday as well. :(

Yeah, gone for me too. It must be unintentional. Sparton indicated earlier that we'd get 1-2 weeks notice before they go away.

"Funny" about GCotD. I got my first one a couple weeks ago, finally, after playing since Day 1. I got another one a few days ago. :) I'm happy to keep both of them, but it's funny how often the second one shows up quickly after the first. Similar thing happened to me recently with Death Dog and a couple others.

Sparton_LOTB
08-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Sorry about the confusion/missing talismans. They should be restored to the store now for weekly purchases.

We'll also make sure to update the News button to indicate these are going away in just under 2 weeks now (last day is August 12th, 5 PM PT).

HeadOnFire
08-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Sorry about the confusion/missing talismans. They should be restored to the store now for weekly purchases.

We'll also make sure to update the News button to indicate these are going away in just under 2 weeks now (last day is August 12th, 5 PM PT).

Thanks for keeping us updated, Sparton. Much appreciated