PDA

View Full Version : Christmas event 2017 suggestion

Kardas
07-09-2017, 02:39 PM
I'll start off by just admitting that I've now spent 80 Christmas and Anniversary Souls in the hope to get Coalgiver Eddie and I'm kind of bummed I didn't get him (again).

Coalgiver's probably the rarest character in the game, considering the fact that he's available rather infrequently and has a higher star value than the Wickerdeer or Pumpkins.

What you could maybe do as a fun Christmas event is similar to the Immortal Soul or Newborn Soul event, where we farm Lord of Light (or Brave New World if it's out by then), or perhaps even a special Christmas level where we can have the chance to get fragments for a Coal Soul (Christmas Soul was already taken), which, when completed, would summon Coalgiver Eddie.

I think most people wouldn't mind this, and offer something fun to do for the holidays.

JJJ428
07-13-2017, 01:26 AM
I 2nd this. Hoping they do a soul fragment event for coal giver eddie for Christmas as well.

DaveMurray
07-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Or just give him for free. It's fucking Christmas, where's our gift?

Kardas
07-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Or just give him for free. It's fucking Christmas, where's our gift?

While that would be really great, I don't judge it very likely NF would do that. The suggestion I posted would be a better compromise I think.

Besides, both the Immortal Souls and Newborn event had a feel of 'earn your happy ending' attached to it, at least for me. And I liked that. Also the people who would want to get multiples or want him really badly could spend Ironite on refills for this Coalgiver event, which is financially a little better for NF anyway. And it's a way nicer way to spend Ironite for a guaranteed character than the 7,200 I spent not getting this guy.

Coletrain
07-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Considering Coalgiver is the one Eddie I do not currently have, and I've pumped ironite into both the Christmas and Anniversary events, I would appreciate a fragment event to collect this character. Perhaps as a treat for this coming xmas they have a fragment event for him?

Liebhild
07-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Pfff... do you really think that the game is still alive on XMas?

DaveMurray
07-14-2017, 07:29 AM
Pfff... do you really think that the game is still alive on XMas?

lmao i really laughed with that, thanks dude.

PerthEddie
07-14-2017, 09:11 AM
The way things seem to be going Brave New World will be the big Christmas event!!!

Sidney
07-15-2017, 05:00 AM
I had two of them and aside from using him where I needed a warrior eddie, I have to say that he was pretty underwhelming. I wasn't impressed. I too am a collector and want to get all of them, but he's really so so and don't ever see him in the regular lineup. Maybe on Christmas Eve I'll let him and the Wickerdeer play for a day in PvP... but I know I'll loose... :D