PDA

View Full Version : About autoplay mode

talpuz
08-08-2016, 06:57 PM
I would love to have a decent AI for the autoplay mode for my team, at least at the level of the enemy's AI (like, heal when health is low, use shields when they are not up, etc). Another (related) idea could be to have a way to give basic instructions for the autoplay (like, this character only uses basic moves, this character can use power moves whenever he can, etc..).
(I really hate it when my red war dog in autoplay uses its stupid stun-bite instead of hitting AOE and healing itself in the process)

The way it is now I'm stuck auto-grinding levels that are way lower than what I can grind if I actually play them (which takes a lot of time), or I have to auto-grind higher levels and accept that I'll get a defeat sometimes.

Since the game requires a LOT of grinding to advance characters (and talismans) after a certain point, I personally am getting kind of frustrated with it, and I think this would somehow make it better.

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 07:17 PM
I think it would be epic if we could script w little bit of it ourselves (not getting my hopes up lol)
Like at the start of a new wave blue allied soldier uses shield ability. Other characters attack. Etc. An in game GUI to do it would be cool.

kryton
08-08-2016, 07:49 PM
I am all for this 100%. I am also stuck playing higher levels myself mainly for the gold and hoping something good drops. If the AI would play a little smarter I could auto-play at least to the third stage in Underworld madness.

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 08:20 PM
I would love to have a decent AI for the autoplay mode for my team, at least at the level of the enemy's AI (like, heal when health is low, use shields when they are not up, etc). Another (related) idea could be to have a way to give basic instructions for the autoplay (like, this character only uses basic moves, this character can use power moves whenever he can, etc..).
(I really hate it when my red war dog in autoplay uses its stupid stun-bite instead of hitting AOE and healing itself in the process)

The way it is now I'm stuck auto-grinding levels that are way lower than what I can grind if I actually play them (which takes a lot of time), or I have to auto-grind higher levels and accept that I'll get a defeat sometimes.

Since the game requires a LOT of grinding to advance characters (and talismans) after a certain point, I personally am getting kind of frustrated with it, and I think this would somehow make it better.

Improved a. I. = yes please. My mine heals at the beginning of EVERY stage. First move of the level. A heal. Before any damage is dealt. Lol.

Custom build a. I. = I think would be way too complex and way beyond the scope of a mobile game.

Elindor
08-08-2016, 08:52 PM
That problem would be instantly solved by my suggestion here : http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?564-What-new-game-features-would-you-want-the-most&p=4074&viewfull=1#post4074

Which is much easier to implement for the devs than working on a smart AI. Just sayin' :)

(Yes I will promote this everywhere)

talpuz
08-08-2016, 09:12 PM
That problem would be instantly solved by my suggestion here : http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?564-What-new-game-features-would-you-want-the-most&p=4074&viewfull=1#post4074

Which is much easier to implement for the devs than working on a smart AI. Just sayin' :)

(Yes I will promote this everywhere)

I had seen your suggestion and I like that one as well, even though it seems kind of "drastic" to me (even if you got 3 skulls in a level, it's not necessarily the case that you can clear it with no problems 100% of the time, due to some randomness in the fights), so I figured I'd post my "less drastic" suggestion as well.

Baba-8301
08-09-2016, 07:44 PM
A priority order for abilities might be a decent compromise - at least you could guarantee a shield up at the start of each fight.

vgta99
08-15-2016, 06:50 AM
When you grind a level, your movements are almost the same.
So my suggestion is a possibility to "rec" your movements first of all and after autoplay it to grind the same stage.

Olevipoeg
08-15-2016, 07:36 AM
Damn, how many times I've seen in battle, how last enemy is standing, HP-s deeply in red... and then Eddie perfroming Fury attack. :)

Cthulhum
09-02-2016, 09:52 AM
I've been wanting to make a similar post for quite some time...

Fully support this idea, autoplay can get really really frustrating at times... It would be good to at least have the option to switch characters moves off, so they only use their basic ones.

Baba-8301
09-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Yeah, my current test to see if a team is autoplay-capable is to use the least appropriate power move on each given round and make sure to trigger the Fury ability when there is one opponent left with as little health as possible...

Conclusion? Passive healing abilities and characters with only attacking power moves are safest...