PDA

View Full Version : Story Eddie Missions

Lulero
07-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Now that the door is open for specific task granting rewards, I can't help but wonder what the next batch of missions will be. Pretty much guaranteed half will be based on status effects again, just a different set, but what about the other half?

For sure we will have some for BNW and NC, but I do hope they come later when those areas will need some fresh air like LoL did.

I'd like to suggest Eddie centered tasks for Holy Smoke, Wickerman, Soldier and Grim Reaper (those everyone has access to, for those who sac'ed them better think of a fix).

As rewards, skill ups. Not skill shards. The Eddie needed for the tasks gets it.

What if already maxed? Simple, refund skill shards on those Eddies upon release, those tasks are now the only way to "shard" them.

Main advantage of this is for new players to get some maxed Eddies to toy with without having to throw shards at them. Would also please any of the mid-range players who maxed any of those and are now regretting it.

As for the tasks, would probably be fitting to be act related. HSE for act 1, WE for act 2, SE for act 3 and GRE for act 4. I like the ideas of preset allies to work with, would mean again some more mechanisms to the missions but could easily be worth it to provide a wider variety of game modes.

Any thought?

Mariner-1212
07-10-2017, 11:40 PM
What if already maxed? Simple, refund skill shards on those Eddies upon release, those tasks are now the only way to "shard" them.

Like everything you wrote here, Lulero. I'd only change the above to be that you 'can' get your skill shards back by completing the tasks. So it's optional. Those that have already sharded up their Eddie don't have to complete the tasks, and those who want those skill shards back can 'replace' them with the skill-ups you mentioned here by completing them.

\m/

Kardas
07-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Sounds like a real fun idea honestly. Not sure how well the skill shard replacement thing can be implemented though.

Another similar idea I had was the option to do some type of new game plus (when Night City is around the corner).
Basically, you play the game again but with the toons you already have (and the skulls on levels), so you can just enjoy the plot without needing to grind inbetween.

Because my Sentinel Allied Soldier killed The Beast in his Warrior form on Normal all those months ago, I'm convinced that I missed a bunch of dialogue during that fight.