PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing talismans to boost true damage

LegoMech
08-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Specifically, for the 4* Sentinel Soulless Demon I just got. I tried pumping Magic, and he hits pretty weak. So I tried switching to green talismans and pumping HP to over 7000 instead (which his basic attack says will improve damage) and he still hits pretty weak. His special ability also seems to not do much, even though I maxed skill shards on it. I see people raving about how good this guy is so maybe I just need to level him more, but I suspect the issue is that I am choosing the wrong talismans.

His basic attack doesn't say magic or physical, just true damage. Anyone know what that is calculated off of? Thanks!

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 04:49 PM
He's good because he's an amazing Tank, not because he deals a lot of damage.

Most Sentinels are not good a dealing damage.

Baba-8301
08-09-2016, 07:37 PM
True damage is boosted by both attack and magic. I get good results from the green soulless demon using 3x Paralysis and 3x Health talismans. 46k health / 880 attack / 900 magic at level 100 with level 50 talismans. He hits for about 3.5k unbuffed on an enemy with no class advantage or disadvantage, with an ideal result being one enemy stunned and the rest taunted.

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 07:50 PM
aur0ra is our resident "Talisman Master" :P

Maybe he can help.

Trystangst
08-09-2016, 09:34 PM
He's good because he's an amazing Tank, not because he deals a lot of damage.

Most Sentinels are not good a dealing damage.

See I would think that too - but my Dog (a Sentinel) does LOTS of damage. Since it's true, it is point for point a lot more potent than either Physical or Magic.

aur0ra85
08-10-2016, 12:55 AM
I haven't put much into studying the green ones yet. Sorry :/
Don't have a soulless demon green either. Good luck. Post your build if you ever figure something out you like.

Qed
08-10-2016, 01:30 AM
Soulles demon's true damage is based on HP, clearly stated in the tooltip, so neither magic nor attack influence it.
I have it and it's a monster, can hit for 4k+ all the enemies beside the other abilities (taunt, shields).

Kulimar
08-10-2016, 01:32 AM
I think if something scales off true damage and another stat, it still has an ATK + MAGIC scaling. Should test it to be sure.

Qed
08-10-2016, 01:34 AM
Not soulless demon, it is clearly stated on the tooltip.

Trystangst
08-10-2016, 01:43 AM
Not soulless demon, it is clearly stated on the tooltip.

Kulimar is right. It's easy to test.

Dog of War.

Tackle (3 Power) does True damage and says only "damage increases based on your max HP".

So having Soldier Eddie buff ATK and MAG with his Fury ability should have no difference on damage if you're right.

3408 damage vs Warrior Imp normally. 3998 with Buff.

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 01:47 AM
See I would think that too - but my Dog (a Sentinel) does LOTS of damage. Since it's true, it is point for point a lot more potent than either Physical or Magic.

Yes, correct. Also, look at some talisman posts on this forum. SS]ome give solid advice and talismans are the single most important character boosts in this game.

LegoMech
08-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the clarifications everyone! I have been leveling up and evolving Health Talismans and filled out the rest with maxed out (but not evolved) Blind talismans for now until I find something better. I also dropped all my Skill Shards on him so he now is maxed out on his special and level 3 on his basic attack.

aur0ra85
08-10-2016, 05:27 AM
Meta changed with the update. All info is old now and out of date.
Sigh. Back to square one again.

LegoMech
08-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Hi I'm sorry but I'm confused. I didn't notice any changes to the Sentinel Soulless Demon or the Talismans recommended in this thread in the recent change log, unless I missed something. Are you just referring to the talisman changes in general or did I miss something?

Stormseye
08-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Think you are safe Lego. Poor Aur0ra's hard work just got whacked though so testing on many things is not as it was. If anything though I think you did get a bonus since both Purple and Red Souless demons got a 30% chance for invincibility on regular hits. Maybe you can let us know if Sentinel received the same?

As to the increase in damage, every ally that I have says in the tooltip what stat the true damage increase is based on :-

Angel of Fear (warrior) based off Max HP of you and your enemy
Dog of War (sentinel) based off your DEF and Max HP
Gunner Dog (gunner) scales off ATK and SPECIAL - (note he does random and true)

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 05:32 PM
The Sentinel Demon did not get a chance to get invincibility. It would've been overkill since his power move already negates a lot of damage.

Trystangst
08-10-2016, 06:21 PM
The Sentinel Demon did not get a chance to get invincibility. It would've been overkill since his power move already negates a lot of damage.

No kidding. Heal Shield AND Invincibility? Eeew.

LegoMech
08-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys. I've built him up a bit more and he's really impressing me now. Not for damage but for party survival. I combined Health and Blind Talismans and the Blind triggers very often so when enemies are provoked they often don't get perfect hits and miss him. It's been a really useful combo. I've spent a lot of skill shards on him so I'm glad to hear he wasn't nerfed.

My other ally is a Pharoh Dog with Freeze Augment that seems to trigger all the time for me (my most recent battle it triggered all three times he attacked). So I let the Sentinel Demon attack and then whoever is not Provoked I try to Freeze. It's been working really well and helps against forces that heal or buff themselves. It's also an easy team for those annoying "Use 10 Power Ability" medals since I just have Soldier Eddie heal which often adds power.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

Nifelheim
08-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Soulles demon's true damage is based on HP, clearly stated in the tooltip, so neither magic nor attack influence it.
I have it and it's a monster, can hit for 4k+ all the enemies beside the other abilities (taunt, shields).

I put five 4star health runes on mine and only hit for 750ish damage.
With my magic and physical generals with their corresponding 4star runes hit for 2700-3000 damage.

Vaseodin
08-19-2016, 05:40 PM
I would like to revisit this topic. I don't have much experience with True damage, and it is a bit confusing. Some scale with certain stats, but the ones that don't -- do they definitely scale with attack and magic? and what percent of your attack and magic stat? Some seem to hit for more than others. Any insight from someone who has tested the true damage characters would be appreciated!

MadMax
08-19-2016, 06:36 PM
FWIW, 4* Allied Bomber Boy also says the main attack scales with health, but stacking health still left me with very unimpressive damage so I added some blue talismans and stacked magic along with it, which was a definite improvement.

Stormseye
08-23-2016, 06:38 PM
I would like to revisit this topic. I don't have much experience with True damage, and it is a bit confusing. Some scale with certain stats, but the ones that don't -- do they definitely scale with attack and magic? and what percent of your attack and magic stat? Some seem to hit for more than others. Any insight from someone who has tested the true damage characters would be appreciated!

I am right there with you Vase. I still boost some allies that state specifically what boosts their true damage but what about allies like Assassin Meathead whose Mark ability does not show in the tooltip what boosts his damage.

PS I am back from vacation so expect some trooper marks long delayed.