PDA

View Full Version : Server Maintenance Scheduled for 3:30pm PST

Leviathan
08-09-2016, 10:18 PM
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast will be unavailable for approximately 20 minutes starting around 3:30pm PST.

Thank you for your patience!

Kaijester
08-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Maintenance or game update???

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 10:55 PM
I hope it's the update... but Matt said they were going to announce it first... which they didn't :(

Matt_LOTB
08-09-2016, 10:58 PM
This is some server prep in advance of our new update. They're related, but the game update won't be available today. Soon.

-M

aur0ra85
08-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Says game wanted me to restart and now login has failed?...

BillLion
08-09-2016, 11:05 PM
This is some server prep in advance of our new update. They're related, but the game update won't be available today. Soon.

-M

Greatly appreciate the communication. We're all excited about the update, but like the dev team we'd prefer a smoother rollout over a faster one.

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 11:07 PM

Hell Yeah!!!!

ROFL!!!!! clap clap clap clap

kryton
08-09-2016, 11:20 PM
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast will be unavailable for approximately 20 minutes starting around 3:30pm PST.

Thank you for your patience!

UMM Its been 3 1/2 hrs ??

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 11:23 PM
More like 50 minutes.

kryton
08-09-2016, 11:33 PM
More like 50 minutes.

LMFAO WOOPS your right

Kaijester
08-09-2016, 11:37 PM
popped up maintenance window but able to login, but to my horror my 103 sands of time reduced to 80???

Gonzo
08-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Oh no... It's and anti hoarder update!!!!! My sands of time are also at 80.

Maybe it has to do with the level up screen staying at 80 the whole time?

jonmop
08-09-2016, 11:45 PM
My player rank is 69. Prior to the maintenance my max stamina was 86. After the maintenance, my stamina showed 86/80 and now my max dropped 80.

Side note, since player level 57 or so, every rank incorrectly showed stamina of 80 even if it was actually below or above 80

XcarecroW
08-09-2016, 11:58 PM
Not only mi sands of time went from 96 to 80 after maintenance, i cant finish any mision, server error everytime. Seriously, maintenance to fix things or destroy them.

Kaijester
08-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Saw a new born of light 4* character!

Anyone else seen any new character advertisement?

talpuz
08-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Yes, the "newborn of light" or something.. I wonder if that was intentional.

Also, I'm experiencing drops that are way worse than before in underworld madness (first few levels)...

aur0ra85
08-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Could use an updates and fixes notes Matt? Please and thanks? :/
Nerf bat hurts. :'(

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Yes, the "newborn of light" or something.. I wonder if that was intentional.

Also, I'm experiencing drops that are way worse than before in underworld madness (first few levels)...

I'm sorry but how can you tell they are worse than before ONLY 1 hour after the update? I just got 4 3* in 5 runs... I got 2 3* yesterday in more than 20 runs.

talpuz
08-10-2016, 12:52 AM
I'm sorry but how can you tell they are worse than before ONLY 1 hour after the update? I just got 4 3* in 5 runs... I got 2 3* yesterday in more than 20 runs.

Well lucky you then. I'm saying that *for now* I'm seeing way worse drops. I hope it's just my luck.

BillLion
08-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Well, since the update I can't enter missions I've cleared -though I can enter missions after them. And I can only select 1 Eddie instead of 3. So basically it's not worth playing for me at the moment. Hope this is resolved soon.

XcarecroW
08-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Can someone purchase troopers souls? Now they appear unlocked again but it says purchase failed, even the ones that i didnt purchase before maintenance or the assasin ones that have unlimited purchases.
Oh and i dont have my axis commander anymore, now i have a corrupt general :)

Qed
08-10-2016, 01:09 AM
Sands dropped to 80 here too :\
Carriage now buffs all the party with his special.

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 01:17 AM
Well lucky you then. I'm saying that *for now* I'm seeing way worse drops. I hope it's just my luck.

Don't let some people get to you, everyone else gets what you're saying. Let us know if your luck improves!

Matt_LOTB
08-10-2016, 01:39 AM
Reposting from the General Forum:

As you've no doubt noticed, we did a server update this afternoon. the intent of this update was to lay some groundwork for the upcoming Time Rift Dungeons game client update.

As many of you have also clearly noticed, this server update included a significant number of tuning changes. You can find the list posted below.
Alliance General HP Increased
Child of the Damned (Magus) DEF and HP Lowered
Comet and Meteor Talisman Tuning and Balancing
Cyclone Shield tuned to match description.
Rapid Fire ability damage increased, but Extra Turn Chance lowered.
Wickerdog King Skill trigger chances increased. Mid-to-late game damage increased.
Wickerdog Queen basic attack made into AOE
Scramble Cost Lowered
Target skill made AOE with higher trigger chance.
Updating Ravage effect trigger chance.
Skewer now 100% Accuracy steal chance.
Lowered cost of Sever.
Mad Dance, Scald, Fire, and Break Skills all now have Permadeath.
Void Shield reflects both Physical and Magic damage as true damage back to all enemies with a chance to remove beneficial effects.
Bury now properly scales off of Magic and HP instead of ATK and HP
Chomp now stuns enemies below 30% HP
Thieve Skill Positive Effect Steal Chance increased to 100%. It now also DEF breaks.
Agony Skill now has a final hit AOE
Reave is now AOE
Rise has a chance to grant an Extra Turn, but enemy cost increased by 1. Rise Damage also lowered.
Disquiet replaces Reave on the Pharaoh's Spirit (Warrior) due to incompatible stat scaling on Reave.
Mourn Trigger chance increased to 50%.
Mummy Eddie late game HP and SP scaling increased
Decay skill is now AOE
Cast is now a multi-hit Skill. Fix for Cast DOT not dealing damage.
Ravage DEF break chance increased. Ravage is now multi-hit.
Fix for Cripple scaling the wong effect. Cripple is now multi-hit.
Pharaoh Eddie Fury Ability made AOE invincibility
Pharaoh Eddie DEF scaling increased.
DEF Scaling increased on Ruin and Slave to Death abilities.
Tuned the drop rates of items in the main campaign to have more emphasis on Rune drops.
Twist of Fate ability now deals True Damage.
Demon Golem (Fight and Gunner) Atk and Magic stats increased.
Onslaught type talisman now have 3 stat types
Bulwark and will talisman now have comparable stat numbers

Additionally, you will start to see the Newborn of Light advertised on the loading screens - this advertisement is slightly premature - this character (and his sibling, the Golden Son) will begin dropping from the Book of Souls as soon as our new game client goes live.

Furthermore, some of you have noticed that we have capped maximum stamina at 80. This is part one of a two part bug fix. The second part is that we will be capping player Rank at 50 in a future update. It was a bug in the game that allowed players to proceed ranking up beyond level 50 in the first place. To be completely honest with you, though, I had planned for this change to be implemented with our next update, or I would have communicated this to you in advance.

Otherwise, this server update was a little bumpy on our end, so we are on the lookout for newly introduced bugs. If you do find some, please let us know. I've created a bug report thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?761-August-9-2016-Server-Update-Bug-Reports) in the bugs forum for you to collect them.

Cheers,
-M

Edit - One More Thing...

This server update does not fix the major progression or blocker bugs that you have been seeing over the past couple of weeks. Those ought to be fixed in the forthcoming game client update.

Killer Bee
08-10-2016, 02:33 AM
Way to nerf drop rates before the new dungeons come out. I still don't understand nerfing bulwark as it was one of the only viable ways to give magus characters any helpful hp boost while still upping magic. In my opinion there's enough variations in talisman types per color so why not adjust others to fill specific niches? Also why cap the levels at 50 if many dedicated players are beyond that. Maybe consider level 100 as an option and give us the extra sands we've earned through the original system? Capping the sands seems like an attempt to drive the need to purchase refills up.

RJMacReady
08-10-2016, 03:27 AM
Way to nerf drop rates before the new dungeons come out. I still don't understand nerfing bulwark as it was one of the only viable ways to give magus characters any helpful hp boost while still upping magic. In my opinion there's enough variations in talisman types per color so why not adjust others to fill specific niches? Also why cap the levels at 50 if many dedicated players are beyond that. Maybe consider level 100 as an option and give us the extra sands we've earned through the original system? Capping the sands seems like an attempt to drive the need to purchase refills up.

That's exactly why they cap. This game is no different than any other freemium game. Profits are the end goal and they do what they need to optimize those profits.

Killer Bee
08-10-2016, 08:36 AM
I'm sure when night city, and other levels to follow release, we'll see a steady increase in cost per battle as you progress. This will further prove that lowering the sands cap is strictly to increase purchases. It won't take long for the game to get stale and become unplayable after a few battles if you don't reverse the level capping decision.

Dutch
08-10-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm sure when night city, and other levels to follow release, we'll see a steady increase in cost per battle as you progress. This will further prove that lowering the sands cap is strictly to increase purchases. It won't take long for the game to get stale and become unplayable after a few battles if you don't reverse the level capping decision.

Totally agree, they should rethink their decision on player level caps, its what the game keeps going, it will become unplayable otherwise, as you mentioned, progress will come to a halt and all you'll be able to do is farm for goods which, with the proposed level cap will become boring, mundane and pretty pointless if youve maxed your talismans, characters etc, you'll have tons of gold tho which would become obsolete at some point.

Jennie-5128
08-10-2016, 09:15 AM
"Tuned the drop rates of items in the main campaign to have more emphasis on Rune drops."

I'm interested to know why this has been done? Runes have never been a problem; shards, particularly EVO shards, we're what we all wanted more of. Increasing the drop rate of runes will obviously make other things drop less.

Totally agreed with everyone else about level capping.

Kaijester
08-10-2016, 09:18 AM
"Tuned the drop rates of items in the main campaign to have more emphasis on Rune drops."

I'm interested to know why this has been done? Runes have never been a problem; shards, particularly EVO shards, we're what we all wanted more of. Increasing the drop rate of runes will obviously make other things drop less.

Totally agreed with everyone else about level capping.

Because there will be a new event/game category to obtain evo shards coming real soon. So campaign missions are going to get more runes instead. Notable are the 4* runes are found in campaign missions too.

Jennie-5128
08-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Because there will be a new event/game category to obtain evo shards coming real soon. So campaign missions are going to get more runes instead. Notable are the 4* runes are found in campaign missions too.
I guess that makes sense. It just means that until "real soon" happens, & we still have no idea when that might be, the only point in playing the game for me is to not annoy my troopers.

Killer Bee
08-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Here's a suggestion;
If you wanted to cap sands... Do it at a specific level that doesn't neuter long term, dedicated players... then just add prizes or something for each additional level... Perhaps gold grate drops similar to hidden areas with random drops, maybe things like soul stones here and there, etc. There should be a benefit to being a long term dedicated player that's had to live through your excessive server issues and the mountain of programming bugs.

Dutch
08-10-2016, 12:09 PM
Here's a suggestion;
If you wanted to cap sands... Do it at a specific level that doesn't neuter long term, dedicated players... then just add prizes or something for each additional level... Perhaps gold grate drops similar to hidden areas with random drops, maybe things like soul stones here and there, etc. There should be a benefit to being a long term dedicated player that's had to live through your excessive server issues and the mountain of programming bugs.

+1 and dont forget people that have already spent some money on this game, if i was a F2P i wouldnt be moaning this much, but i have spent already a fair amount of money on this game so this should be accounted for in some way or form.

Jennie-5128
08-10-2016, 12:37 PM
There should be a benefit to being a long term dedicated player that's had to live through your excessive server issues and the mountain of programming bugs.
Well if what Kaijester has been saying is true, and the timewarp dungeon will ONLY drop 3* evo shards when the drop rate for ALL shards has been radially reduced in campaign, I think the benefit dedicated long term players will have its that we'll be the only ones who will ever be able to evolve any characters because we've already got every character up to 4*....

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 04:54 PM
+1 and dont forget people that have already spent some money on this game, if i was a F2P i wouldnt be moaning this much, but i have spent already a fair amount of money on this game so this should be accounted for in some way or form.

+2. I have spent a lot of money to refill sands for the purpose of upping my level, and now looking back it seems like a waste. Oh well, at least I got a lot of materials from all those runs!

Killer Bee
08-10-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm in over $130 total so I have every right to complain. Lol