PDA

View Full Version : Server Update - August 9, 2016

Matt_LOTB
08-10-2016, 01:22 AM
Hi Everyone.

As you've no doubt noticed, we did a server update this afternoon. the intent of this update was to lay some groundwork for the upcoming Time Rift Dungeons game client update.

As many of you have also clearly noticed, this server update included a significant number of tuning changes. You can find the list posted below.
Alliance General HP Increased
Child of the Damned (Magus) DEF and HP Lowered
Comet and Meteor Talisman Tuning and Balancing
Cyclone Shield tuned to match description.
Rapid Fire ability damage increased, but Extra Turn Chance lowered.
Wickerdog King Skill trigger chances increased. Mid-to-late game damage increased.
Wickerdog Queen basic attack made into AOE
Scramble Cost Lowered
Target skill made AOE with higher trigger chance.
Updating Ravage effect trigger chance.
Skewer now 100% Accuracy steal chance.
Lowered cost of Sever.
Mad Dance, Scald, Fire, and Break Skills all now have Permadeath.
Void Shield reflects both Physical and Magic damage as true damage back to all enemies with a chance to remove beneficial effects.
Bury now properly scales off of Magic and HP instead of ATK and HP
Chomp now stuns enemies below 30% HP
Thieve Skill Positive Effect Steal Chance increased to 100%. It now also DEF breaks.
Agony Skill now has a final hit AOE
Reave is now AOE
Rise has a chance to grant an Extra Turn, but enemy cost increased by 1. Rise Damage also lowered.
Disquiet replaces Reave on the Pharaoh's Spirit (Warrior) due to incompatible stat scaling on Reave.
Mourn Trigger chance increased to 50%.
Mummy Eddie late game HP and SP scaling increased
Decay skill is now AOE
Cast is now a multi-hit Skill. Fix for Cast DOT not dealing damage.
Ravage DEF break chance increased. Ravage is now multi-hit.
Fix for Cripple scaling the wong effect. Cripple is now multi-hit.
Pharaoh Eddie Fury Ability made AOE invincibility
Pharaoh Eddie DEF scaling increased.
DEF Scaling increased on Ruin and Slave to Death abilities.
Tuned the drop rates of items in the main campaign to have more emphasis on Rune drops.
Twist of Fate ability now deals True Damage.
Demon Golem (Fight and Gunner) Atk and Magic stats increased.
Onslaught type talisman now have 3 stat types
Bulwark and will talisman now have comparable stat numbers

Additionally, you will start to see the Newborn of Light advertised on the loading screens - this advertisement is slightly premature - this character (and his sibling, the Golden Son) will begin dropping from the Book of Souls as soon as our new game client goes live.

Furthermore, some of you have noticed that we have capped maximum stamina at 80. This is part one of a two part bug fix. The second part is that we will be capping player Rank at 50 in a future update. It was a bug in the game that allowed players to proceed ranking up beyond level 50 in the first place. To be completely honest with you, though, I had planned for this change to be implemented with our next update, or I would have communicated this to you in advance.

Otherwise, this server update was a little bumpy on our end, so we are on the lookout for newly introduced bugs. If you do find some, please let us know. I've created a bug report thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?761-August-9-2016-Server-Update-Bug-Reports) in the bugs forum for you to collect them.

Cheers,
-M

Edit - One More Thing...

This server update does not fix the major progression or blocker bugs that you have been seeing over the past couple of weeks. Those ought to be fixed in the forthcoming game client update.

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 01:30 AM
Seriously, the Sands of Time cap should've been communicated earlier, that was a bad move.

I personally don't think that it is unreasonable, but a lot of people won't be happy. Although it doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks anyways, Matt. Looking forward for the last part of the update.

Kaijester
08-10-2016, 01:32 AM
Well that will reduce a lot of game time for me...guess it is a healthy fix for me.

Anyway, some of us had our Trooper Reward unlocked but attempt to purchase ends up with failed message.

Matt_LOTB
08-10-2016, 01:33 AM
Seriously, the Sands of Time cap should've been communicated earlier, that was a bad move.

I agree with you completely, and am sorry that went out without notice. That was our mistake.

-M

Trystangst
08-10-2016, 01:35 AM
Well that will reduce a lot of game time for me...guess it is a healthy fix for me.

Anyway, some of us had our Trooper Reward unlocked but attempt to purchase ends up with failed message.

I just bought all 4 (and got a Run to the Hills Eddie) without incident.

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 01:40 AM
I agree with you completely, and am sorry that went out without notice. That was our mistake.

-M

It's ok, as I said before I don't think this change is unreasonable. We need to be fair with this updates, as long as you are devoted to fixing the facebook login problems and helping people get back their accounts, we have no reason to take this tweeks as something bad.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post this log, and even apologizing.

aur0ra85
08-10-2016, 01:45 AM
Not gonna lie, I kinda want a refund on the max bulwarks.
That's like a million in gold. :/
I haven't calculated but wow.
And if I'm understanding your post Matt, it says specially more emphasis on the tube drops? I have no numbers to quote to you, but it looks as thought the rune* drops have been reduced significantly in quantity.
Edit for spelling.

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 01:49 AM
I don't know if I should ask this here, but what was the reason to lower the def and health of the Magus Child of the Damned? I was about to rank him but now I'm not sure.

Also, Corrupted Harpys power move should grant her 100% crit chance for 2 turns when hitting a marked enemy but it does not work. It was like this even before this update.

SARGERAS
08-10-2016, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the log of all tweeks in the update, it's marvelous. :)

(I was playing while was writing here and got the new adverstisement)

And well, dat Mummy Eddie getting better stats, and AoE... Damn lel

rchimus
08-10-2016, 01:52 AM
oh is this why i just went from 67 sand to 76 out of nowhere? i noticed that when i last leveled up it said my sand went from 74->76 but my sand was at 67. after todays update it fixed itself.

HeadlessHammerhead
08-10-2016, 01:55 AM
I don't know if I should ask this here, but what was the reason to lower the def and health of the Magus Child of the Damned? I was about to rank him but now I'm not sure.

+1 ti this. Just won one of these with a rare soul from a hidden level last night. How severe is the reduction?

SrG
08-10-2016, 02:22 AM
What does AOE stand for?

Kulimar
08-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Area of Effect. Means that it deals damage to multiple enemies.

Cykotic
08-10-2016, 02:46 AM

I am also having this problem with the purchase not being available. Any idea what the fix is?

rchimus
08-10-2016, 02:53 AM
i am still having glitched item issues, where items are in my inventory that if used/sold will cause the server to not save the changes and send me back to the main screen.

Stormseye
08-10-2016, 04:39 AM
I will post stats tomorrow in the Character Discussion sections when I upload them but I have three words for you.

Pharaoh Sun Spirit

He is a 1* starter. Insane now!

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 04:48 AM
Game stability seems to have taken a very deep dive. Where I had to restart due to freezes and other issues maybe once a day now seems to be required every 2 or 3 missions. Very frustrating.

slauki
08-10-2016, 05:24 AM

I personally don't think that it is unreasonable, but a lot of people won't be happy. Although it doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks anyways, Matt. Looking forward for the last part of the update.

Some of us put in a lot of effort in leveling up the sands of time. I think for them it is very unfair to cap it now. maybe it would be possible to set the cap a little higher at level 60-70? That would be a compromise. anyway, i looking forward to the further changes, great job so far!

jpmusic
08-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Thanks for posting this Matt! Very useful information. I know that the devs must be sick of us complaining, but... it seems like the drops have been severely tampered with, we used to get a lot more rewards before the update, and that added to less Sands of Time available can make farming a complete nightmare. Just giving a heads up.

kokolo
08-10-2016, 05:55 AM
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I think you guys should REALLY focus on the game bugs. The game is slowly becoming unplayable.

Since I have had the worst of luck in drawing characters, my first 4* character was a Pharaoh dog for a long time (got him twice actually - such bad luck). Since it was useless, I buffed my Magus Allied Soldier and used his Reflective shield as a pillar of my tactics, but we all know what happens in the Underwolrd when you use Reflective shiled. To make matters worse, now I get also get a freeze screen in the Battlefield Madness regularly, and I have to shut down the game and restart (should I mention the amount of Trooper points or Sands of time I lost in the process?).

As far as I am concerned, and I believe I speak for many players, I really respect what you have done with the game, and respect your efforts in this update, but please concentrate on bug fixing, as it IS the biggest problem for all players. I really like Iron Maiden, and the game itself is outstanding, but this is slowly becoming pointless, because we cannot tell whether we shall progress through the game or our progress shall be nullified by game bugs (I am currently in Underworld hard and cannot progress further due to Reflective shield bug, and my tactics are based on Reflective shield).

Really love the game, not meaning to be bitchy, and I really respect the effort put into this game, but please don't do anything else until you fix the bugs that are very frustrating and are probably the main reason that many people quit the game.

Kaijester
08-10-2016, 06:16 AM
Paralysis Talisman stun chance reduced to 12% is not reflected in your listed updates.

Sadly I leveled two sets (6 talisman) of these and they are now useless. Tried 5 battles and not a single stun. Your nerf bat is made of solid metal.

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 06:22 AM
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I think you guys should REALLY focus on the game bugs. The game is slowly becoming unplayable.

Since I have had the worst of luck in drawing characters, my first 4* character was a Pharaoh dog for a long time (got him twice actually - such bad luck). Since it was useless, I buffed my Magus Allied Soldier and used his Reflective shield as a pillar of my tactics, but we all know what happens in the Underwolrd when you use Reflective shiled. To make matters worse, now I get also get a freeze screen in the Battlefield Madness regularly, and I have to shut down the game and restart (should I mention the amount of Trooper points or Sands of time I lost in the process?).

As far as I am concerned, and I believe I speak for many players, I really respect what you have done with the game, and respect your efforts in this update, but please concentrate on bug fixing, as it IS the biggest problem for all players. I really like Iron Maiden, and the game itself is outstanding, but this is slowly becoming pointless, because we cannot tell whether we shall progress through the game or our progress shall be nullified by game bugs (I am currently in Underworld hard and cannot progress further due to Reflective shield bug, and my tactics are based on Reflective shield).

Really love the game, not meaning to be bitchy, and I really respect the effort put into this game, but please don't do anything else until you fix the bugs that are very frustrating and are probably the main reason that many people quit the game.

Exactly.

Please fix bugs. It's been over a month. Time to get serious about this.

Orc71
08-10-2016, 03:49 PM
I tend to agree with others about the sands cap it should have been communicated to us in advance and with the cost of some levels being 5 sands it's going to be a significant reduction in game time without having to purchase a refill. I'm guessing when new areas become available they will cost even more. Maybe compensate by a better chance to earn back sands on completion of levels? I have noticed a few positive changes since yesterday however. The secret levels are dropping a decent amount of ironite. The Samurai Eddie basic attack bug appears to be fixed because mine is now hitting every time. Also the Pharaoh Dog & PDK are now doing damage with their bites. I haven't check on the reflect bug yet and I did have one crash but I can't remember which level it was one of the higher ones in Underworld madness. Even though they nerfed some things at least there is some kind of change which is better than no change at all. I'm hoping they will at least take all of the feedback into consideration.

TheDoctor
08-14-2016, 05:35 PM

I agree. Since the August 9th update the game has never crashed more for me. Friday morning (I'm in the states) the game was unplayable. I wasted many Troopers (for which it would be nice to at least be able to communicate my attempts to play them to their owners and that the lack of points was due to game bugs) and lots of sands of time - I don't get the whole capping of game time. I don't really need anyone but me deciding how much time I spend doing anything. Maybe it's an American thing with freedom and making our own decisions or maybe it's the metal mindset of bucking authority and maybe I'm missing something but when I play a game, especially if I'm encouraged to spend money for gold, ironite, etc, then let me play it whenever I want and however much I want. OK, soapbox safely stored for now.

Two main complaints:

1. One of the big bugs I've seen since the update is addressed elsewhere as fixed. It is not. The near-endless, dwindling loop of reflect shield damage/misses resulting in a game that will hang for an hour - the extent of my patience before rebooting - was not a problem for me until the evening of August 11th. Currently, the False Angel Madness level hangs on the second battle when I've got a reflect shield up and one of the undead allied soldiers goes to cast...what, a heal all, I suspect, but it crashes so I never find out.

2. The game crashes seemingly randomly. Sometimes it's after I evolve talismans (talismen?) or selling inventory (Another soapbox on why, in this day and age, our time should be spent in a game keeping up with inventory? I mean, in the 70s when memory was at a premium and people stores things creatively with bit-fiddling, sure, but now? Please.) or looking at skills or just browsing the store. I have not help here because there is no obvious pattern. The game crashing is annoying and should be fixed before any other enhancements are introduced. Stability will go a long way in this community forgiving you of a host of other sins.

I love the band and I love the game - I wouldn't be so passionate about it if I didn't. If you can stabilize it, just stop the crashing, most of us will be patient for other bits of brokenness to be rectified.

Atheist
08-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Question.... Sorry if this has been already asked, if so pls provide me the answer link :P Anyway, about the Nomad and his Mirage skill.
Pre patch If i remember right in the description it was saying "deals high physical damage" while now it says "deals random damage".
Unfortunatelly my account was bugged with the fb loop thing and i just got it back 2 days ago. Which means I couldn't play for around 2 weeks.
So how does the number in "random damage occur and calculated"?
My Nomad pre-patch had 2k attack and with Mirage he was delivering some crazy numbers like 6-7k dmg.
Now with the almost the same attack, he deals 2.5-3.8k dmg.
edit: I did some testing and his damage even tho its "true" and "random" in both his skills it's still effected by his attack stat. I can confirm that

TheDoctor
08-14-2016, 06:13 PM
One additional but I forgot to mention:

1. When powering up a talisman, I can max it out, pop out to the cosmos, then re-look at my team and, hmmm, the talisman is no longer maxed out. Might be 44/50 or 48/50. Yet my gold stays reduced. So I remax it, repeat and...49/50. WTF? Usually the third or fourth time is the charm. Getting around this when you can evolve the talisman right after you power it up - say starting at 1/40 and then powering it up to 40/40 and then evolving to five stars - is easy. Evolving it seems to cement the change and not steal any more gold. But when your talisman is 5 stars and you're trying to max its level out, there is no recourse other than to continue to throw SO MUCH GOLD at it.

Again, the game is amazing and fun. I'll consider buying packs of gold and ironite if I can gain confidence in the play. Right now, when it crashes or does what I just described, I'm only being robbed of things I earned in game play - sands of time, gold, ironite, Troopers (least cool thing since it affects others) - but I'm certainly never going to spend money on packs if it could get stolen too.

SrG
08-14-2016, 07:11 PM
I lost about 100,000 gold, progress, and runes due to the game glitching and freezing when leveling talismans.

The game is a mess right now. I'm afraid to to anything that uses resources. If this keeps up I'm probably just going to stop wasting my time with it.

Trystangst
08-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Question.... Sorry if this has been already asked, if so pls provide me the answer link :P Anyway, about the Nomad and his Mirage skill.
Pre patch If i remember right in the description it was saying "deals high physical damage" while now it says "deals random damage".
Unfortunatelly my account was bugged with the fb loop thing and i just got it back 2 days ago. Which means I couldn't play for around 2 weeks.
So how does the number in "random damage occur and calculated"?
My Nomad pre-patch had 2k attack and with Mirage he was delivering some crazy numbers like 6-7k dmg.
Now with the almost the same attack, he deals 2.5-3.8k dmg.
edit: I did some testing and his damage even tho its "true" and "random" in both his skills it's still effected by his attack stat. I can confirm that

Random means it can be Magic, Physical, or True. Magic is affected by Magic, Physical is affected by Attack, and True seems to be some combination of both (but ignores MR and DEF so will always hit harder).

If your build focuses heavily on one stat, your damage is going to vary wildly.

Trystangst
08-14-2016, 07:53 PM
1. One of the big bugs I've seen since the update is addressed elsewhere as fixed. It is not. The near-endless, dwindling loop of reflect shield damage/misses resulting in a game that will hang for an hour - the extent of my patience before rebooting - was not a problem for me until the evening of August 11th. Currently, the False Angel Madness level hangs on the second battle when I've got a reflect shield up and one of the undead allied soldiers goes to cast...what, a heal all, I suspect, but it crashes so I never find out.

It's an Assassin Undead Axis Gunner, and the ability it's using is a a buff steal. Same as the purple trolls. I just tested it. So when it uses that ability, it steals Reflect and causes the Reflect loop. Which is still a thing, and I've never seen it advertised as fixed. The Reflect loop is annoying, but pretty easy to avoid. If it's not a purple trool/purple axis gunner (I think there might be a buff stealer in Sands too), just make Reflect the last action of your turn and you can avoid it every time. If it IS a buff stealer stage, then you either avoid casting Reflect until the stealers are dead, or use Seal/Silence/Stun/Power theft abilities to keep them from using it.

Kulimar
08-14-2016, 08:33 PM
It's fixed in the client update, but I think they had some problems pushing that out to everyone.

Fudjo
08-14-2016, 08:47 PM
I've been unable to play since Friday. My apologies to all my Troopers out there. Hopefully the Support team can fix this soon.

Trystangst
08-14-2016, 08:49 PM
It's fixed in the client update, but I think they had some problems pushing that out to everyone.

Then I'd be hesitant to call it fixed (in the wild).

293820 - S - 297780 - P -

That's what my iOS client says. There's no update in the app store and no updates happening when I load the game. Whether that's the current version (and the bug is still happening then) or an old version (meaning I'm not getting the new client), the issue still isn't resolved.

Trystangst
08-15-2016, 02:25 AM
Also, really wishing they didn't pull the 3* shards out prior to implementing the shard dungeons. Evoing a unit from 4 to 5 is impossible now until those dungeons are brought online. If this was a day or two gap, it'd be one thing. But seems the last update has caused a lot of issues that need to be addressed prior to introducing NEW content, which means we're stuck without shards. Please considering letting them drop again until the shard dungeons are closer.

Vaseodin
08-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Yeah that seemed really premature. It's adding to already high frustrations.

Kaijester
08-15-2016, 03:03 AM
A meme or two per day...until we get our evo shards.

jpmusic
08-15-2016, 04:11 AM
I've been unable to play since Friday. My apologies to all my Troopers out there. Hopefully the Support team can fix this soon.

Same here, sorry everyone! I've really been trying to use all of your characters.

Nekroliun
08-15-2016, 05:35 AM
Bulwark and will now have comparable stats, is that a good thing? From what ive seen many people use will on soldier cuz of attack but i only got 1 will and 5 bulwark. Will this change some builds or is this just a minor change? Also allies general needed more hp thanks

BillLion
08-15-2016, 11:51 AM
I've been able to play though I've experienced some initial hiccups last week. For me I know I'm giving all my troopers tons of grace now and not cutting people based on this past week's logins.

I'm sure many people realize the challenges and are being patient. Hopefully those of us that can play will leave lots of trooper points waiting for you guys when you get back in!

PerthEddie
08-15-2016, 12:04 PM
I've been able to play though I've experienced some initial hiccups last week. For me I know I'm giving all my troopers tons of grace now and not cutting people based on this past week's logins.

I'm sure many people realize the challenges and are being patient. Hopefully those of us that can play will leave lots of trooper points waiting for you guys when you get back in!

I can play but my problem is that I am locked out of Normal and Hard modes on AK, KotS and Battlefield. I also can't progress in Underworld as one of the areas starts with a cutscene and even though I have watched it it remains locked so I can't progress. All I am doing is replaying levels with Troopers, racking up the Trooper points and using this as an opportunity to level some characters up. I hope support fix my problem soon though as this will get very boring if it is all I can do for a few days

TheDoctor
08-16-2016, 03:44 AM
Also, really wishing they didn't pull the 3* shards out prior to implementing the shard dungeons. Evoing a unit from 4 to 5 is impossible now until those dungeons are brought online. If this was a day or two gap, it'd be one thing. But seems the last update has caused a lot of issues that need to be addressed prior to introducing NEW content, which means we're stuck without shards. Please considering letting them drop again until the shard dungeons are closer.

Amen. Amen.

Jennie-5128
08-16-2016, 05:49 AM
Same here. V frustrating.

bluejayrobinson
09-11-2016, 01:52 AM
Cant seem to get the third skull on heart of darkness in madness regardless of the <180s finish time.

Nicko
09-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Cant seem to get the third skull on heart of darkness in madness regardless of the <180s finish time.

I was having that issue repeatedly and then on a lark tried it again - bam - third skull achieved and secret location opened.

So yes, I'm validating the issue, and I have no idea why it finally recognized me beating it in 180 sec.