PDA

View Full Version : Pharaoh Sun Spirit (Warrior)

Stormseye
08-10-2016, 01:50 PM

With the changes in the patch this guy is some serious fun. So much so for me that I leveled him to 5*. I am working on his Talismans at the moment and have made him my trooper. I am trying to get the other Pharaohs as well to see if they also received a huge boost. One thing I need to report is that the 35% heal chance on Disquiet is not working though the Block facet works just fine. Will post it in the bug report.

What makes him so nice is that all of his abilities are based on one stat and his Rise ability hits all enemies in addition to healing the party! His talisman slots work perfect with his ability requirements as well. Let me know if you have any suggestions on his talismans as I am currently just running straight Strength (fierce).

This is a great alternative option for a sentinel healing type which also gives you decent damage.

His Extra turn chance is also great considering the recent nerf of the Rapid Fire

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Amazing finding. This is the type of character that I would never rank because I don't like the way it looks :P

How's his healing compared with Soldier Eddie? I'm looking towards benching him for a while to try new comps.

Stormseye
08-10-2016, 02:18 PM
Without buffs and his current attack of 1371 and level of only 5* 17 his heals are around 2200 plus he still damages all enemies. I am really liking him. I did get a Sentinel Pharaoh and he was not nearly as good. Cant recall if there is a Magus version but I will check.

Yes he isn't much to look at, I agree, but his abilities make him pretty tolerable. I will keep leveling him and maybe switch out some talimans if he feels squishy.

BillLion
08-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Amazing finding. This is the type of character that I would never rank because I don't like the way it looks :P

How's his healing compared with Soldier Eddie? I'm looking towards benching him for a while to try new comps.

I thought it was just me that ignored some characters based on looks :)

BillLion
08-10-2016, 02:32 PM
Without buffs and his current attack of 1371 and level of only 5* 17 his heals are around 2200 plus he still damages all enemies. I am really liking him. I did get a Sentinel Pharaoh and he was not nearly as good. Cant recall if there is a Magus version but I will check.

Yes he isn't much to look at, I agree, but his abilities make him pretty tolerable. I will keep leveling him and maybe switch out some talimans if he feels squishy.

Looks aside, it seems like your investment in an uncommonly used character has paid off. Congrats!

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 02:54 PM

Is the Sentinel the one that revives allies? I like that.

I thought it was just me that ignored some characters based on looks :)

You are not alone... It's not that the character model is bad or anything, but if you have to choose beetween a badass Harpy or a child of the damned and a floating head I think there's no contest :P

Stormseye
08-10-2016, 03:10 PM
No the Sentinel does not revive so maybe it is the Magus one that does it. After further testing and a few more levels the Warrior is healing better than Soldier Eddie. In the neighborhood of 3600. I am farming Underworld with ease.

Also the Block Beneficial Effects makes Souless Demons cry in Underworld. Man I love this ally.

Elindor
08-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I would really like to try him as an ally, if you have some spare slots :p

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 04:26 PM
No the Sentinel does not revive so maybe it is the Magus one that does it. After further testing and a few more levels the Warrior is healing better than Soldier Eddie. In the neighborhood of 3600. I am farming Underworld with ease.

Also the Block Beneficial Effects makes Souless Demons cry in Underworld. Man I love this ally.

I just used your spirit. It is awesome! Man, what a find!

Stormseye
08-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Invite sent Elindor. Just ranked all his talisman save one to 4* he is really getting mean.

Orc71
08-10-2016, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't mind trying him as well if you have a spot left

Orc71-2181

RJMacReady
08-10-2016, 06:18 PM
I guess I should probably start farming common souls then. Do they drop equally among all difficulties or do they have higher drops in madness?

Kulimar
08-10-2016, 06:19 PM
All the wickerdogs are now better as well. Working on the queen now!

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 07:28 PM
All the wickerdogs are now better as well. Working on the queen now!

I liked the queen before. Enough to get her to 4 star level 80. So now that she does AOE damge, holy cow she'll be really awesome!

RJMacReady
08-11-2016, 03:46 AM
Is it me or is anyone else have a difficult time getting the warrior pharaoh? I swear I've gone through 100+ common souls and just keep getting the sentinel versions

Elindor
08-11-2016, 10:36 AM
Tried it yesterday as an ally, thanks ! He's fun to play indeed :)

Stormseye
08-12-2016, 06:06 PM
They fixed the 35% Chance to heal on the last patch so now both abilities can trigger on a single hit.

Flann
08-13-2016, 03:03 PM
Thanks for pointing him out. I have mine to 92 so far. Stacked with Guardian Fierce level 50 talismans. I can 2 man with Soldier Eddie (4* 80) Chains of Misery Madness on Auto pilot. This was from last night at 5*62.

Flann
08-13-2016, 03:15 PM
I guess I should probably start farming common souls then. Do they drop equally among all difficulties or do they have higher drops in madness?

I haven't seen a study on the drop rates. They do seem to drop more at higher and secret levels. But I have seen em drop everywhere.

Gonzo
08-13-2016, 03:49 PM
I've tried yours a couple of minutes ago... This dude is FIIIIIIINE.

Surprised me a lot.

The Educated fool
08-25-2016, 01:01 AM

I find the Desert Sky level of Kingdom of the Sands (the first mission of the third level) on Madness fairly consistently good for farming regular souls. This ally is one that should be on everyone's list, for sure... truly amazing find!

Gonzo
08-25-2016, 01:19 AM
Ailin Kingdoms Shadow of the Wickerman mission on Hard used to give me 3 souls 2/3 of the time. I farmed it a lot since it's really easy and can be autoed with almost any characters.

I don't know if they still drop like that, haven't played it in a really long time.

OpticSugar
08-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Based on a tip on this forum, I decided to start working with mine. I really needed an allied healer. I friggin' love this guy... and I actually like the way he looks (I must be the only one). He has a really creepy / terrifying gaze. I'm also a fan of anything Powerslave themed. Hey, he looks better than the possessed rifle at least!

I am having a difficulty with timing the strikes on this guy though. It feels like you need to tap the second time sooner than the circles intersect, which keeps throwing me off. If you tap when the circles intersect, it will always be LATE. I always play on 2x but I tried it on 1x just to see if the problem persists (and it does). Does anyone else have this problem with him?

Bryan-3528
08-26-2016, 02:20 PM
I pulled this guy recently and haven't leveled him up at all. i was considering upgrading my Hell Hound from 4 to 5 stars, but now i am wondering if they better move is to level the pharaoh warrior...

Qed
08-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Go with the pharaoh.

aur0ra85
08-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Hellhound is prob the better healer FYI, the passive and active abilities are the gifts that keep on giving. That said, I've got one of these heads ready for five stars and I'm just setting up his talismans currently. Going to be a farming party for the rifts with hellhound, soldier Eddie, and the red bat. 2 healers should give me lots of heals for auto (I hope), cause the party does not negate any damage.

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 02:20 AM
Based on a tip on this forum, I decided to start working with mine. I really needed an allied healer. I friggin' love this guy... and I actually like the way he looks (I must be the only one). He has a really creepy / terrifying gaze. I'm also a fan of anything Powerslave themed. Hey, he looks better than the possessed rifle at least!

I am having a difficulty with timing the strikes on this guy though. It feels like you need to tap the second time sooner than the circles intersect, which keeps throwing me off. If you tap when the circles intersect, it will always be LATE. I always play on 2x but I tried it on 1x just to see if the problem persists (and it does). Does anyone else have this problem with him?

I think he looks cool too, actually... though I definitely wouldn't have given him a second thought if not for the post about him here.

The timing for his attack is definitely tricky... for the first little while, I actually found myself counting "one" out loud between taps, which I still do in my head. It worked for me. :cool:

OpticSugar
08-27-2016, 02:24 AM
yeah, I figured out a rhythm of my own for him... and have been able to work around the issue, but in my opinion I think he's broken from the standpoint that tapping when the circles intersect does not yield a perfect hit for him (it results in a late). It should probably be looked at and fixed at some point, but I'm sure the devs have bigger fish to fry and that isn't the highest priority.

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 03:45 AM
I think you're right on both counts.

PsychoEddie
08-27-2016, 03:58 AM
No the Sentinel does not revive so maybe it is the Magus one that does it.

I just got the Magus Pharaoh Water Spirit yesterday and I almost deleted it but decided to check its abilities first, and yes, it does have revive w/heal (heal is based on Magic Stat).