PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Time Rift - Time Rift Update - live on Android and iOS

Pages : [1] 2

Matt_LOTB
08-10-2016, 09:07 PM

Hi everyone!

It’s been a little more than a month now since Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast officially launched worldwide, and in the time since then we’ve seen an enormous response from fans and gamers all over the world. We’ve been getting lots of feedback – stories about how much fun people have been having, play-through videos on YouTube, questions about different characters, and, of course, we’ve gotten some bug reports too. One thing that is completely clear to us is the people are really digging in, and can't wait for us to deliver some big improvements to the game. So, let’s talk about what we’ve been working on since our release on the 5th of July!

Deep in space, somewhere between the shattered worlds of the cosmos, the very fabric of time itself has been torn apart, creating a portal to another dimension, and new challenges within.
Welcome to the Time Rift.

The Time Rift will serve as the central hub for new game modes and challenge dungeons that are added to the game, just as the Cosmos serves as the central hub for the game’s campaign. For now, you’ll find that the Time Rift includes one new dungeon type - the “Lord of Light Dungeon”.

Inside the Lord of Light Dungeon, Eddie and three allies will face off against the Lord of Light and his minions – challenging foes that can reward precious Evolution Shards, Rare Souls, and Ironite when defeated. This dungeon can be completed at ten levels of increasing difficulty, and the higher the difficulty, the better the chances of high-tier rewards. Bring your heaviest hitters, too, because there are no party cost limitations when fighting the Lord of Light.

Every week, the Lord of Light Dungeon will be available for five days. Every day the Lord of Light dungeon will change class, presenting a new challenge, requiring varied strategies, and offering new rewards specific to that class. I’ve included more details and some screenshots below.

Lord of Light Dungeons:

Player Team:

Three Aspects of Eddie
Three Allies

Enemy Forces:

Lord of Light
Newborn of Light
Golden Son

Dungeon Schedule + Core Challenge:

Sunday: Gunner Dungeon - Damage immunity, buff theft
Monday: Assassin Dungeon – Multi-hit attacks, force shields
Tuesday: Warrior Dungeon - Defence break, counter attacks & extra turns
Wednesday: Magus Dungeon - Magic damage, Power drain, reviving enemies
Thursday: Sentinel Dungeon - Debuffs, stuns, tanky enemies

What Else is New?

New characters added to the book of Souls: Newborn of Light, Golden Son
Reformatted skill descriptions for many characters
Improved battle load times
Recommended Troopers will now be more selective about the Troopers it recommends

Notable Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue wherein a player data conflict would prevent users from being able to reach the start screen, sometimes appearing as a Facebook login loop
Fixed an issue where logging back into an existing account would cause the tutorial to restart
Fixed an issue that we believe to be a key cause of the progress reset issues some users have encountered
Fixed an issue powering up characters where the UI was reporting a certain amount of xp, but less than that amount of xp was being applied
Fixed an issue levelling talismans that would lead to inventory changes not saving
Fixed an issue where the Angel of Fear would cause enemies to play dead (but not actually be dead)
Fixed an issue that cause ability buttons to not appear during battle
Fixed an issue where the Magus Allied Soldier could get stuck in an endless loop of reflected attacks
Fixed a number of issues that would cause the game to falsely report server errors
Fixed an issue that could cause Samurai Eddie, and several other characters' attacks to do no damage after their skill had been levelled up
Game should now work correctly with Android N devices
Fixed secret node timers so they correctly report the amount of time left until unlock
Fixed an issue where stamina increases reported on the rank up pop-up didn't match the player's actual stamina
Fixed an issue where weekly packs would fail to unlock when their timer completes
Fixed an issue where The Prisoner would hang the game whenever he tried to revive the player's team
Numerous minor fixes and stability improvements

All totalled this includes fixes for nearly 250 logged bugs, and more than 60 minor improvements outside the scope of the Time Rift dungeons themselves. We have now submitted this update to Google Play and iTunes for app store review, and we expect to be able to release this update to you very soon. You will have to wait at least 24 hours after launch for The Lord of Light Dungeon to become active, though the bug fixes and other changes will take effect immediately.

There's a lot to look forward to in this updates, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we think you will!

Cheers,
-M

jpmusic
08-10-2016, 09:09 PM
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Thanks Matt and everyone in the team.

BillLion
08-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Thanks, Matt!

Based on your last post does this mean the release is imminent? As in submitted to Apple and Google?

Looks great!

Matt_LOTB
08-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Thanks, Matt!

Based on your last post does this mean the release is imminent? As in submitted to Apple and Google?

Looks great!

From the post above:

We have now submitted this update to Google Play and iTunes for app store review, and we expect to be able to release this update to you very soon.

:)

-M

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 09:28 PM
This is incredible... way more than what we asked for!!!!!

Excelent job!!!

My regards to you and the entire dev team. You might be the face of the team but we are aware that many more are working to make this game even better.

Stormseye
08-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Great news. Really feels like the community input was appreciated and addressed on many of the issues. Looking forward to giving a go at this challenge.

BillLion
08-10-2016, 09:43 PM
Great news -thanks to you all!

Will the update fix the bug issues some of us (including me) acquired with the server update? Or does this require support assistance still?

Matt_LOTB
08-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Great news -thanks to you all!

Will the update fix the bug issues some of us (including me) acquired with the server update? Or does this require support assistance still?

That depends on the issue. If you're experiencing issues related to progress resets and so on, probably. If you're experiencing something wacky and new, probably not.

We will have to do another small server update after this release goes live and we will try to include a fix or two for the server issues in that, but we have to keep the scope of that update very small.

-M

ShadowRising
08-10-2016, 10:34 PM
excellent job guys, yall seem like a truly community driven dev team , the update is very impressive.

Vaseodin
08-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Thank you for the awesome news!

Kaijester
08-10-2016, 10:59 PM
Great job!!!

Psyched!!

Player Team:
Three Aspects of Eddie
Three Allies

Is that 3 non Eddie allies in a battle?

Demoonchild
08-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Great Matt, thanx...

Please take a look to Visions Eddie too, and several others centinels chars.. some really needs some improvement...

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Great job!!!

Psyched!!

Player Team:
Three Aspects of Eddie
Three Allies

Thats what I understand... This will open a new game regarding team comps, strategy and synergies.

I'm excited.

SARGERAS
08-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Very good stuff!!

I only wonder if they will cost Sands of Time

Flann
08-10-2016, 11:30 PM
He likes it!
HEY MIKEY!

Matt_LOTB
08-10-2016, 11:43 PM

Yes indeedy.

-M

Gonzo
08-10-2016, 11:50 PM
Yes indeedy.

-M

I'm starting to level up new talismans and new characters as we speak... I love this idea.

Vertax616
08-11-2016, 12:06 AM
I have been playing this game since day 1 and was checking this forum daily. Now I opened this account just to say thank you. Thanks a lot for this update and listening to the fans. This is very exciting!

Kaijester
08-11-2016, 12:23 AM
Here is a meme for the hardest decision made by the Devs...

Yes indeedy.

-M

Matt_LOTB
08-11-2016, 12:26 AM

You're not wrong. We agonised over that.

Your team will be lopsided, and you'll just have to deal with it.

:p

-M

Vaseodin
08-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Great Matt, thanx...

Please take a look to Visions Eddie too, and several others centinels chars.. some really needs some improvement...

Some here may not agree (about sentinels needing a revamp), but I second this notion. Plus, mummy is broken now. AND I urge you to look at the paralysis talismans. 12% chance and a perfect hit requirement leaves a very tiny chance of activating. I think the set should be at least a 20% proc rate.

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 12:48 AM

How about changing "The Unmodly" to the "Meme Master"... You've been on fire this last couple of days, K.

Coletrain
08-11-2016, 03:44 AM
Thank you for the information Matt!

You mentioned in a previous post that you guys would "be capping player Rank at 50 in a future update". When it is capped at level 50, will those players at level 50 simply lose out on the sands of time refills that you normally get from ranking up?

Thanks as always for your updates and transparency. Looking forward to the new features!

vgta99
08-11-2016, 06:42 AM
You're not wrong. We agonised over that.

Your team will be lopsided, and you'll just have to deal with it.

:p

-M

If you make 2 ranges, Eddie stand in the middle and allies on his back?

Heavy1974
08-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Sounds good, hoping for it really soon!!!

kjtaylor13
08-11-2016, 08:06 AM
We have now submitted this update to Google Play and iTunes for app store review, and we expect to be able to release this update to you very soon

Well that's me checking the Google Play store for updates every hour until it's released......

Bring it on :D

Kevin

Kaijester
08-11-2016, 08:10 AM
A meme dedicated to those waiting...

Kaijester
08-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Bummer...did anyone realise that after the update we will not be able to play Lord of the Light Dungeons as the events run from Sunday to Thursday only.

BillLion
08-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Bummer...did anyone realise that after the update we will not be able to play Lord of the Light Dungeons as the events run from Sunday to Thursday only.

I didn't. Good catch. Agh, more ANTICIPATION! ;)

kjtaylor13
08-11-2016, 09:27 AM

Hopefully they will move the schedule forward to allow us to play. But they also said it would be 24hrs after the update lands. So if it Lands tonight. Friday night is the earliest we'd be able to get in anyway. Maybe we'll be able to do practice battles too.

Dutch
08-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Doesnt apple take ages to review a proposed update? i think i came across something that said anything between 5-10 days?

Jennie-5128
08-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Dutch, the last big update went live on android before apple. I'm on android so this is fine by me ;)

ShadowRising
08-11-2016, 12:56 PM
yea 5 to 10 days depending on how quick they get to it, apple is pretty picky and will go through it with a fine tooth comb first, but i have seen them give the ok in less time in other games, so yea just depends.

Dutch
08-11-2016, 12:58 PM
yea 5 to 10 days depending on how quick they get to it, apple is pretty picky and will go through it with a fine tooth comb first, but i have seen them give the ok in less time in other games, so yea just depends.

i think with the last update that went out a week or 2 ago most elements from the update where straight in before i actually downloaded the update from the store a day later

BillLion
08-11-2016, 01:09 PM

I thought 5-10 days was for a new app. Does it take that long for an update too? I've seen other games like MAA2 where devs announced the submission and pushed it through within a day

Stonewall
08-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Great news!

kryton
08-11-2016, 01:43 PM
Awesome news, GREAT JOB Dev team

ShadowRising
08-11-2016, 04:09 PM
I thought 5-10 days was for a new app. Does it take that long for an update too? I've seen other games like MAA2 where devs announced the submission and pushed it through within a daywell like i said when it comes to apple products they are picky and just depends how fast they get to it, now android don't have to go through that but it sounds like the dev team will wait for apple to give the ok so both devise updates get released together so everyone is on a level playing field. other wise apple users may be upset android users get the update possible days before them, so wise choice from the dev side.

OpticSugar
08-11-2016, 04:50 PM
I am so delighted that this game has such a devout following and such a dedicated development team. This new gameplay introduced in this first 'mega-update' is a very promising sign of the future of this game.

Much thanks and praise to everyone involved on both sides!

...and now we play the waiting game.

zamasu
08-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Thank you so much for all your effort and listening the fans / players! I can't wait for the new update ;)

Bryan-3528
08-11-2016, 05:38 PM
WOW, this is FANTASTIC!

Matt, big thank you to you and the entire team for all of your work on this. Can't wait for it to go live!

BillLion
08-11-2016, 06:32 PM
well like i said when it comes to apple products they are picky and just depends how fast they get to it, now android don't have to go through that but it sounds like the dev team will wait for apple to give the ok so both devise updates get released together so everyone is on a level playing field. other wise apple users may be upset android users get the update possible days before them, so wise choice from the dev side.

I'm on the iOS side, so I sure appreciate it! ;)

Matt_LOTB
08-11-2016, 11:24 PM
The Time Rift Dungeons Client Update is now live on Android. It will take a little while to propagate.

The Time Rift will not become available to play until after the iOS version has been live for around 24 hours, however, we felt it was worthwhile to release our Android version now that it is ready to go in order to address the bugs and issues that this release should fix.

We are still in submission with Apple, but not yet approved for release. I haven't got an ETA on that yet, we'll get it out as soon as we can.

If it happens that we are able to turn the feature on, but the schedule is such that the dungeons would be closed on that day otherwise, we'll look at opening them early to give you keeners a chance to get in ;)

Cheers,
-M

jpmusic
08-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Hmm I haven't got it yet, I'll check. Thanks Matt!

Edit: Got It! And great news, all my secret locations got unlocked!!!!

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Haven't seen the update on the Play Store yet. It can take a few minutes to replicate in every server. Thanks for letting us know.

Can't wait to be able download it.

Edit: Just got it, 30 seconds after posting this.

Edit 2: For real Kaijester... change The Unmodly for The Meme Master... Sounds way better.

Kaijester
08-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Thanks Matt!!!

Downloaded and we will not be able to gain any 3 stars evo shards until event open...in the meantime,

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Damn... The Time Rift Void looks sexy!!!

Too excited about the update? Maybe :P

maxdeviations
08-11-2016, 11:57 PM
ios user here .. nothing yet .. i ve seen this happen in other games - ios updates are delayed for weeks even months. hopefully it is not the case here. great game btw .. cheers

talpuz
08-12-2016, 12:16 AM
Nice.

Now my corrupt general sounds like Mickey Mouse when he hits with his normal attack in 2x speed :D

Kaijester
08-12-2016, 12:19 AM
Several of my secret locations were unlocked and display for downtime are shown in 2 to 4 days correctly.

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 12:44 AM
Nice.

Now my corrupt general sounds like Mickey Mouse when he hits with his normal attack in 2x speed :D

That's awesome!

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Damn... The Time Rift Void looks sexy!!

I can't see it :( - or have you seen a trailer or something?
I got some kind of update this morning but the only change I've noticed is that I'm crashing loads more :(

Kaijester
08-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Jennie, update for Android only, Time Rift is on the left hand corner below your rank icon.

Clicking it only tells you to stay tune for events...

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Yep I'm on android. Nothing there that wasn't there before. See?

Kaijester
08-12-2016, 09:24 AM
We had to update from Google Play.

zamasu
08-12-2016, 09:26 AM
Many bugs with the new update. The game has been crashing a lot. Many "service errors" "login failed" errors and missions that have been cleared are now not. But the following missions are cleared ...

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 09:30 AM
We had to update from Google Play.

Maybe the update that happened this morning was the hotfix then? I'll go look at Google play. Thanks for being helpful kaijester xx

arba.mihai
08-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Hello, thanks for update, 2 questions:
- Being a weekend warrior(or magus watever) lately :), why are some weekend days practically avoided (fri/sat) with time rift ?
- What means sunday, monday, etc, as timezone ?

vgta99
08-12-2016, 09:36 AM
It's like this but not available yet

Dutch
08-12-2016, 09:38 AM
hmmm maybe i should wait updating on ios once it becomes availble, seems to be quite a few issues that need ironing out

slauki
08-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi, great news on the one hand, on the other hand i cannot start the game since the download. the startscreen is in a loop and after a while i become a message, that an error occured. anyone the same issues?

can't wait to move forward :-)

anyway, i like the transparency of the team, that is really nice.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 12:19 PM
hmmm maybe i should wait updating on ios once it becomes availble, seems to be quite a few issues that need ironing out
I'd wait if I were you, Dutch. Since I updated from Google Play the game won't load at all

:( :( :( :(

ETA yep Slauki that's the exact problem I'm having

Dutch
08-12-2016, 12:20 PM
I'd wait if I were you, Dutch. Since I updated from Google Play the game won't load at all

:( :( :( :(

cool cheers me dears, i have the same issues now even without the update, that hotfix buggered it all up

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Man I'm sorry. I mean I'm glad it's not just me, but also sad other people are suffering :/

jpmusic
08-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Everything was going great yesterday, i go to sleep, wake up and woaaaaaah all hell broke lose. I'm locked out too, surely something happened during the night with the server, let's wait for the devs to get to work.

ED1510
08-12-2016, 12:25 PM
cool cheers me dears, i have the same issues now even without the update, that hotfix buggered it all up

Yes, the game is completely unplayable atm and when you think you just finished a level the connection with the server is lost..... i'm just not going to touch the game today, way too frustrating ;)

Dutch
08-12-2016, 12:28 PM
yeah i was fine this morning still and an hour in it all went tits up, i manage to use all my troopers tho

ED1510
08-12-2016, 12:30 PM
yup me too :D yesterday i finally was able to upgrade to a 4* minion, was excited to try and level it (was stuck for a pretty long time on battlefield hard)

MuadDib-7367
08-12-2016, 12:36 PM
I blame Axis Commander for the current outage. Devs shouldn't have pissed him off.

ShadowRising
08-12-2016, 12:40 PM
yep can't get in game as well

daisu1-4294
08-12-2016, 12:42 PM
cant get in as well.

satani
08-12-2016, 12:45 PM
well, im glad we (me and a friend) are not the only ones having problems after the update.
First, we got disconnected from the game, and once we finally got back into it (after a lot of failed attempts), strangely some of my 3* (or 3 crown) levels are reset. Well, i thought "nice! 3 more ironites", but once i finished that level once, it got back it's 3 crowns and no ironite rewards. Then strangely (for a short time) even a complete difficulty (Kingdom of Sands, Easy) was blocked (saying it not yet unlocked, while i was able to play the other levels. Yet i still gen numerous times kicked off the game before trying to play any level.
Besides the graphic in Store/Soldiers are wrong. It states, that i could (am able to) buy a rare Warrior/Mage/Guard soul, but i know I bought these 3 a day before the first patch recently (so it might be still ~1 day left to buy new ones, despite its icon).
Hope this get's fixed to sunday, (i expect just a server overload.)

Heavy1974
08-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I use IOS and had no update yet, but i have the same problems like @satani. maybe it is not my new Angel of strife...

LittleGameGirl
08-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Update done, Server down. Can't login with my Samsung Tab and I'm once more frustrated. New stuff, same problem. But hey, yesterday I have jused my Samurai Eddie and ALL skills worked fine.

SunandSteel
08-12-2016, 01:00 PM
I have the latest version and all i get is errors, errors , and more errors. now i cannot get past the stat screen.

S3tH
08-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Don't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaunvis
08-12-2016, 01:29 PM
After the update yesterday it got buggy. I upgraded a talisman fromlvl 1 to lvl 5, exit dnthe upgrade screen, and got a sever error.

I relaunched the game, the talisman was back to lvl 1 AND MY GOLD AND RUNES WERE STILL GONE! So all the crap I saved up for a week to upgrade got taken from me and the upgrade vanished.

And this morning, game is showing some levels that I had gold are back to blue, and I can't actually play a level because of a server error.

mrSaxonAcres
08-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Not sure if they just did a quick fix or resolved a server issue, but I was having the exact same issues as satani 2-3 hours ago. But I'm in now, and everything seems ok. The battles are loading pretty slow, but other than that... so far, so good.

Also, thanks again to the Dev team for the new content! Totally stoked to get into the Time Rifts!! UP THE IRONS.

mrSaxonAcres
08-12-2016, 03:05 PM
...and as soon as I post, I get booted. So, maybe we're not quite there yet!! ;)

slauki
08-12-2016, 03:08 PM
new issue... the game will start, but i cannot play one single level. but i saw that my ironite is down from about 340 to 3!!! im'really curious now, what will happend next.
maybe my 5* eddie will return as 1 star level 3 eddie ;-)

Snowsarn
08-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Can't get into the game either :-(

ShadowRising
08-12-2016, 03:47 PM
tried once this morning not going to try again until i hear everything is fine lol, hope it gets resolved soon.

JaymzD666
08-12-2016, 04:28 PM
The errors, crashing, lost gold & ironite & trooper badges & runes is completely out of control. I want to love this game, especially after all the time and money I have spent on it, but the issues are ridiculous now. Page after page on here and Facebook with comments on how all of us are losing stuff we worked hard in this game for. The frustration is overwhelming, no point in even opening the app today as my gold is depleted and I can't cash in my trooper badges due to errors. This game is a great concept, but definitely grates on the nerves and not worth emptying your wallet for. We should all be compensated for the loot and time we have lost dealing with these issues. Today will be the first day since launch that I will be inactive in this game.

slauki
08-12-2016, 04:55 PM
the game works atm the first time today! i could clear some secret levels and earn gold. but my ironite isn't back. i earned some in secret levels and the counter remains on lousy 3 ironite :-(

EDIT: i'm using an s4 mini

EDIT 2: one secret location won't load... so the game is far from stabile, but ways better than the whole day

Matt_LOTB
08-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Hi Friends,

Obviously we had some server problems overnight - our server team is investigating and as of 9:45am PT has implemented a fix that we think should re-stabilise the game.

Please let us know if you're still having server connection problems.

-M

zamasu
08-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Hi Friends,

Obviously we had some server problems overnight - our server team is investigating and as of 9:45am PT has implemented a fix that we think should re-stabilise the game.

-M

Game is working fine again in my end. Thank you!

Aledy
08-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Hi Friends,

-M

Right now I'm stuck on the loading screen 3/4 of the way and I still get errors connecting to the server
Is the fix being implemented now or later

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-12-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm still locked from levels I've unlocked. I'm hooked through facebook.

maxdeviations
08-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Hi Friends,

-M

hello Matt, .. not sure what fix was applied .. but it does nt seem to be working for me .. stuck on the loading screen with the eddie cloud. i m on ios latest version
thanks

lol_der_kalle
08-12-2016, 05:46 PM
I have lost my whole account after this update, which i spent more then 130€ in. Any Chance o get it back? UserID was kalle-2324 , also i feel sorry for my 50 troopers that i cant support them now.

BlackshirtOgre
08-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Hi Friends,

-M

Yeah, I got in after a significant load time chose my selected farming level "Powerslave" (hard) and I am staring at the "Corrupt General" Loading screen prior to battle. Took nearly 3 minutes to get into the battle. A bit laggy as well. I wouldn't say it is in a playable state. Also, Matt_LOTB, can you have Candice contact me regarding my support request

Lamia
08-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Also, Matt_LOTB, can you have Candice contact me regarding my support request
For future such requests please PM me directly and I can reach out to the Support team on your behalf.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Maybe we should take a moment and relax remember Bruce Dickenson's speach from the Wacken Concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHRPEPpKO0E

BlackshirtOgre
08-12-2016, 06:46 PM
For future such requests please PM me directly and I can reach out to the Support team on your behalf.

Will do, I can do that. Not very savvy with message boards.

Calin
08-12-2016, 07:01 PM
Hello guys,

I'm playing on iOS and using a Facebook account. Here's what I'm encountering so far:

1. When restarting the device the game remains stuck in the Loading Screen (at least the music is playing \m/).
2. When reinstalling the game I'm able to login and retrieve my account. But:
a. After playing on a secret level, I have only the 'Next' and 'Replay' buttons available in the Results screen. No matter on what button I tap, the next zone will be displayed, as it was unlocked for the first time.
At this point, after performing a restart the game crashes every time in the Loading Screen.
b. After another reinstall, I've played the last unlocked mission from the 'Underworld' zone and lost the battle. The game remains stuck when the enemies animation should start playing.
After restarting the game, the game remains stuck in the Loading Screen.

So, no matter what I do, I cannot play the game.

Cheers,
Calin

maxdeviations
08-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Hello guys,

I'm playing on iOS and using a Facebook account. Here's what I'm encountering so far:

1. When restarting the device the game remains stuck in the Loading Screen (at least the music is playing \m/).
2. When reinstalling the game I'm able to login and retrieve my account. But:
a. After playing on a secret level, I have only the 'Next' and 'Replay' buttons available in the Results screen. No matter on what button I tap, the next zone will be displayed, as it was unlocked for the first time.
At this point, after performing a restart the game crashes every time in the Loading Screen.
b. After another reinstall, I've played the last unlocked mission from the 'Underworld' zone and lost the battle. The game remains stuck when the enemies animation should start playing.
After restarting the game, the game remains stuck in the Loading Screen.

So, no matter what I do, I cannot play the game.

Cheers,
Calin

i have the exact same problem today and all day yesterday

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 07:22 PM
Hi Friends,

-M
I am still stuck on the loading screen after 8 minutes :/

jpmusic
08-12-2016, 08:32 PM
i have the exact same problem today and all day yesterday

Welcome to the Facebook loop :( there's not much of you can do about it, just wait for the devs to release a patch

maxdeviations
08-12-2016, 08:35 PM
i dont login thru facebook - i login thru email account.. i call it the infinite-eddie-sky-cloud-loading-playing-with-your-money-and-emotions-pissing-you-off loop

Calin
08-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the Facebook loop :( there's not much of you can do about it, just wait for the devs to release a patch

I've never encountered this issue until today. However, I've had login issues, but after a single game restart I was able to reach the Cosmos and play.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 10:01 PM
I am still stuck on the loading screen after 8 minutes :/
Uninstalled.
Reinstalled.
Played through all of the interminable tutorial levels before it would let me enter my account details.
Entered my account details.
Game immediately restarted and got stuck on the same point of the loading screen as previously - as someone on the previous page said the progress bar just stops at 3/4 of the way along and sits there and refuses to load any further.

*cries*

Gonzo
08-12-2016, 10:05 PM
At this point I think it's safe to ask... Can we expect a fix or do we just forget about this?

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 10:08 PM
I dunno, Gonzo.
We've had one short uninformative message from Matt & the request from Lamia to add our OS to profiles but nothing else.
Genuinely starting to get a bit unhappy.

Matt_LOTB
08-12-2016, 10:14 PM
I dunno, Gonzo.
We've had one short uninformative message from Matt & the request from Lamia to add our OS to profiles but nothing else.
Genuinely starting to get a bit unhappy.

Sorry I haven't been super communicative today. The whole team, myself included, is working on figuring out what went wrong. Fact is, I don't have anything to report yet.

-M

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Thanks Matt. Just to know you're trying helps.

talpuz
08-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Thanks Matt. Just to know you're trying helps.

Seconded. Thanks for the update!

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Spending my day watching Iron Maiden videos on youtube. Found the Wacken Concert for those who may have missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1zML_-G28

Calin
08-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Spending my day watching Iron Maiden videos on youtube. Found the Wacken Concert for those who may have missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1zML_-G28

I've seen the live stream. It was awesome :D

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Im watching it again I saw it the first time missed the first 10 minutes Chrome hanged up had to play from IE which played flawlessly.

BillLion
08-12-2016, 11:11 PM
The game will be even more awesome than ever -eventually -let's try to be patient

Devs,

1. Just keep working hard to stabilize things
2. Just communicate even if you don't know much -it means more than you know
3. Throw everyone some rare souls & gold to take the sting off :)

We believe in you!

Gonzo
08-13-2016, 12:37 AM
2. Just communicate even if you don't know much -it means more than you know

This... A simple "We are working on it" makes wonders and takes 30 seconds tops.

Matt_LOTB
08-13-2016, 12:39 AM
Ok, everyone. Here's where we've landed.

Something is wrong. (duh). We haven't yet been able to diagnose the underlying cause, but we know that something that went out in the Android client we released yesterday is causing our sever connections to overflow, and that's causing our servers to reject new connections (which is why you end up seeing server connection failures). Because our servers are shared between the iOS and Android versions of the game, users on iOS are being refused connections too, even though they don't yet have the new client update. We've pursued several leads over the course of the day today, each time thinking we had nailed down the source of the problem, but everything so far has turned out to be a dead end. For whatever reason, our load testing QA pass didn't reveal this issue - we suspect that our testing ran just below a threshold at which this issue occurs, and so it wasn't exposed until a substantial number of real users were pushed into the app.

Our plan had been to launch the iOS client update today, but it is very likely that doing so will make this problem even worse across the board, so obviously that's not an option at this time.

We have got a band-aid fix in place on our end which should keep the game alive and mostly playable over the weekend, but you may see sporadic disconnections and server errors though this period. We have also made some changes to how our automatic error reporting is working so that we better identify the code that is causing the problem. With luck, we'll find a clear answer over the weekend and can move ahead with repairing the problem.

Sorry I haven't got better news.

Thanks for your patience,
-M

maxdeviations
08-13-2016, 12:46 AM
thank you for the update Matt. hopefully this is resolved soon. maybe the metal gods are telling us to go out over the weekend and get some drinks .. :D

Gonzo
08-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

BillLion
08-13-2016, 12:53 AM
Ditto -we appreciate the communication. Hope you nail it soon!

blkthunder
08-13-2016, 01:26 AM
Hi everybody, idk if the issue that the devs are working are affecting me but when i enter to a fight most of times the game closes suddently, only 1 of 6 or 7 times i can play only one battle after if i want continue to other fight again the game closes, this star to happpend to me after download and install the update of the game, i was playing "normally and fine", i also made a post in bug section because i looked and i think that i am the only one who has this problem, waiting for a fix i dont want miss the new content but for me the game now is unplayable.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-13-2016, 01:52 AM
Mine is working as it should be yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagleknight
08-13-2016, 02:25 AM
Hello saw that the Apple update was pushed back any idea when it might go live for us? Also wanted to thank the devs for all the hard work on trying to get the game stable again.

Eagleknight
iOS
Lvl 82

Matt_LOTB
08-13-2016, 02:47 AM
Hello saw that the Apple update was pushed back any idea when it might go live for us? Also wanted to thank the devs for all the hard work on trying to get the game stable again.

Eagleknight
iOS
Lvl 82

Once we firmly understand the source of the problem, and have resolved it sufficiently to confidently release the iOS version without causing further problems. Monday (Pacific time) at the earliest.

-M

Jessiah
08-13-2016, 08:01 AM
It's like 5 steps foward, three back, right on to a rake only to take two steps forward into a second one. *The Dev team by now probably feels like Sideshow Bob* The update fixes many of game-breaking bugs-- (the infinite reflect/miss bug, for one) only to insert some additional errata and made some of the ones that still persist worse.

It's an improvement, but the problems it introduced/made-worse are obnoxious. Load times have at a minimum increased by three times.
Some levels are locked-- Like Road to Ruin and the other two levels on that node in Underworld Normal and some difficulties are actually locked on previous worlds (The workaround for this glitch to replay any levels whose completion data got hosed).
The inventory error/ fail to save glitch has actually been made worse. I'm keeping my runes and shards at 40 and below to avoid it.

Thanks Matt_LOTB for the updates of the cause (The android update creating a server FUBAR Convention--
thank goodness the iOS update didn't drop at the same time.) and the ETA for the new content being unlocked.

Is is possible for the dev team to insert some dedicated evo shard drops and bonus gold into the 3-Star unlock (Secret) levels until this is fixed and time rift dungeon goes live?

Jennie-5128
08-13-2016, 08:44 AM
We have got a band-aid fix in place on our end which should keep the game alive and mostly playable over the weekend, but you may see sporadic disconnections and server errors though this period.
Thanks for the update. There's been no change for me. Still completely unable to play and stuck here:634
Sorry, troopers.

slauki
08-13-2016, 09:04 AM
thanks for the update, it's good to know that. we hope you'll find and fix it soon

Kaijester
08-13-2016, 09:05 AM
Some encouragement meme to the game team...

Calin
08-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Let's pray for the server.

Heavy1974
08-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info Matt. Good luck with your work.

The request of the support team won't work for me.
Can't edit my profile?638

Bombatomica
08-13-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm stuck too at the loading screen, same as Jennie-5128. Sent an email at support, now i wait and hope that all will be fixed soon. In the meantime, sorry troopers :(

RJMacReady
08-13-2016, 02:49 PM
For the infinite loading screen glitch that some people are having, I was able to find a permanent fix for myself. I had a feeling it was due to too many items in inventory, so I deleted the game and reinstalled. Normally, I'd be able be able to play immediately after reinstall only for the load glitch to happen on subsequent loads. So this time, once I started playing after the reinstall, I went to my inventory and deleted a lot of runes/shards, etc and freed up a lot of space. Once I did this, I didn't experience the infinite load any more. Hopefully this works for you guys as well.

Flann
08-13-2016, 03:28 PM
For the infinite loading screen glitch that some people are having, I was able to find a permanent fix for myself. I had a feeling it was due to too many items in inventory, so I deleted the game and reinstalled. Normally, I'd be able be able to play immediately after reinstall only for the load glitch to happen on subsequent loads. So this time, once I started playing after the reinstall, I went to my inventory and deleted a lot of runes/shards, etc and freed up a lot of space. Once I did this, I didn't experience the infinite load any more. Hopefully this works for you guys as well.

I noticed that too. I just did a major cleaning of my Talismans (I need to do it again sadly) shards and runes. Much faster load times.

Calin
08-13-2016, 04:18 PM
I noticed that too. I just did a major cleaning of my Talismans (I need to do it again sadly) shards and runes. Much faster load times.

I've just sold over 700 runes and some talismans, but it's the same. I'll wait for the fix.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-13-2016, 05:03 PM
LOTB is a masterpiece in progress that will evolve and evolve and evolve into a grand game. In the early days some of the popular kingdom games had hangups. Just wish I could find a pic of Eddie killing a pockemon (sometimes i'll say anything that comes to mind)

Jennie-5128
08-13-2016, 05:06 PM
I tried reinstall; as soon as I logged in it immediately restarted and went back to infinite loading screen. I don't think it could have been inventory anyway; I (used to?) sell stuff three or four times a day for gold.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-13-2016, 05:18 PM
I waited the reinstall out. Took it a bit but I picked up my phone after forgetting about it and bam there it was. I also deleted my facebook from phone I got to stack it like tetris to get stuff crammed into its little mind. Started the game logged in to facebook through the email and pw then installed facebook.

ironleo78
08-14-2016, 01:51 AM
Meanwhile we have a nice offer: 69.99$ for 3 Skills Shards, what a bargain!

I thought I was gonna buy myself a AAA game on Steam, but no! Let's spend 70$ on 3 digital random skills in this buggy game where I might lose my save data.

Reaper-7353
08-14-2016, 04:35 AM
I am on my 3rd restart of the game, due to being locked out.

I love the game, but I am once again unable to launch, as of this afternoon. Load screen goes to 75% and hangs there. I play everyday, ALL day. Does anyone know how I can retrieve my account, play again? I'm trying to remain patient, but to what end?

Thank you,
Reaper-7353

Bombatomica
08-14-2016, 09:06 AM
I am on my 3rd restart of the game, due to being locked out.

I love the game, but I am once again unable to launch, as of this afternoon. Load screen goes to 75% and hangs there. I play everyday, ALL day. Does anyone know how I can retrieve my account, play again? I'm trying to remain patient, but to what end?

Thank you,
Reaper-7353

I don't think there is a way to do it, at the moment. I'm stuck at loading screen from three days, i prefer not to reinstall in fear to mess with account and lose progress (in which case i'll leave the game), i submitted an email to the assistance, and now i wait and hope.

Erzsebet7897
08-14-2016, 09:58 AM
I don't think there is a way to do it, at the moment. I'm stuck at loading screen from three days, i prefer not to reinstall in fear to mess with account and lose progress (in which case i'll leave the game), i submitted an email to the assistance, and now i wait and hope.

My boyfriend has the same problem of you guys. I'm quite sure he was playing or trying to during the update some days ago (12/08). He is stuck at 75% when he tries to log in with his facebook account. This is getting quite frustrating for him... and for me too ('cause I can play (iOS) and he can't (Android)) :p.
Do you recommend to start over? Should I write to the support to try to recover his account (and where should I write)?

Jennie-5128
08-14-2016, 10:09 AM
Try writing to support. Don't expect a reply any time soon though.

Erzsebet7897
08-14-2016, 10:41 AM
Try writing to support. Don't expect a reply any time soon though.

Thank you! :cool:
Hope to get an answer soon...

MrFreeze
08-14-2016, 12:17 PM
Hello. This isn't the ideal place to make a first post I guess,
but I ended up here after dealing with these same issues for the past couple days.
Yesterday afternoon I decided to play the tutorial out after multiple freezes.
I had deleted and reinstalled twice. Every time I signed in, with email not Facebook,
it would freeze up. Anyway I've made it through ailing kingdom normal and hard
without any glitches. The point of all this is, I haven't got any troopers yet.
I noticed the first time through that all of the problems got worse as my trooper
count went up. I was at level 27 or something. I'm no computer scientist, but is
it possible the problems are stemming from there? I'm on iOS by the way

Bombatomica
08-14-2016, 01:22 PM
Hello. This isn't the ideal place to make a first post I guess,
but I ended up here after dealing with these same issues for the past couple days.
Yesterday afternoon I decided to play the tutorial out after multiple freezes.
I had deleted and reinstalled twice. Every time I signed in, with email not Facebook,
it would freeze up. Anyway I've made it through ailing kingdom normal and hard
without any glitches. The point of all this is, I haven't got any troopers yet.
I noticed the first time through that all of the problems got worse as my trooper
count went up. I was at level 27 or something. I'm no computer scientist, but is
it possible the problems are stemming from there? I'm on iOS by the way

It could be, but at this point it could be really anything. It's better to wait i think, because many players that reinstalled the game have lost their progress. Too risky, it's better to wait for the team to fix with patch or the next big update. Its' frustrating, but what can we do?

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-14-2016, 04:00 PM
since I have uninstalled Facebook from my phone I have had no problems.

MrFreeze
08-14-2016, 04:53 PM
I don't have Facebook so my problems aren't related to that. The new game I started is going strong though. Im afraid to add troopers. I'll just play casually until this gets figured out. At least the game is working for me now

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-14-2016, 05:03 PM
I heard some others say IOS been a problem. Apple keeps a very tight lid on what there servers do. Get facebook acount don't put it on phone then link account to facebook through web login screen and wait for facebook to download the info from their servers and not a back up stored in some facebook folder on phone. which could corrupt in a crash.

Khaymon
08-14-2016, 09:41 PM
i cannot access these time rifts and you F***ed up my game in the process of adding an icon i cant even use to the game. how about you guys work on your existing issues before pumping out more content that will no doubt be riddled with bugs that you wont fix..

Berry-7604
08-14-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm currently enduring some issues, that should be fixed, but I still have shots that are perfect but have no effect?! And I can't get through in underworld due to a bug/error where I get stuck, my only option is to exit (the harm in that is that the trooper-friend that I used is no longer available for that day. And more I seem to get no 2 star evolution shards for characters and talismans. None at all?!

vgta99
08-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Rainbow 2* evo shards... in 3 days grinding only 1 loot, ONLY 1!!
So I think legacy of beast is only for newbies or rich persons...

Dutch
08-15-2016, 07:49 AM
I'm getting a good mix of colours in shadows in the valley in underworld madness, I always farm there and it has good drop rates for 2* evo shards

satani
08-15-2016, 01:46 PM
well, 2 short questions:
when does the time rift start (in the first topic, it stated something with sunday,but now it's monday, so by next week then?)
is 50 the max cap of soldiers/friends to have?

Dutch
08-15-2016, 01:48 PM
well, 2 short questions:
when does the time rift start (in the first topic, it stated something with sunday,but now it's monday, so by next week then?)
is 50 the max cap of soldiers/friends to have?

It was supposed to be released with the ios update, but they hit a snag with the hot fix last week, so i think they said theyd be working on that this weekend and hope to release the ios update today at the earliest, which probably wont happen. yes 50 is the mx

SrG
08-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Meanwhile we have a nice offer: 69.99$ for 3 Skills Shards, what a bargain!

I thought I was gonna buy myself a AAA game on Steam, but no! Let's spend 70$ on 3 digital random skills in this buggy game where I might lose my save data.

This is what puts me off with the game more than anything else.

I can deal with bugs and issues in a F2P game, and throwing a reasonable amount their way for a given piece of non-random fixed content, but exploitative pricing like that on top of all that is super, super gross.
(Yes, I know you don't have to buy it, but just having that sort of "offer" is still insulting).

I lost over 100,000 gold due to Talisman bugs. How much would that have cost to purchase? I'm afraid to figure it out.

Nekroliun
08-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Damn still no info on the ios update release time? Well i guess its kinda good cuz ios version of the game is currently amazing for me, my brother who uses android cant even log in :P lets hope all problems are solved and no more of these bugs after the ios release

Calin
08-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Damn still no info on the ios update release time? Well i guess its kinda good cuz ios version of the game is currently amazing for me, my brother who uses android cant even log in :P lets hope all problems are solved and no more of these bugs after the ios release

It's only 8:18 AM in Vancouver, we have to wait a bit more :P

OpticSugar
08-15-2016, 03:33 PM
regarding the current troubles in this game:

"There's a time to live, and a time to die
when it's time to meet the mak'er.
There's a time to live, but isn't it strange,
that as soon as you're born, you're dy-ing?"

(...let's hope not... but wait!)

"I've been re-booorn agaaaaaaaaaaaain"

Matt_LOTB
08-15-2016, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone!

As of a few minutes ago, we have set the iOS version of the Time Rift Dungeons update live. Feel free to download it from the app store at your convenience. We intend to implement a force upgrade to this version on both platforms before the end of the day.

We are still investigating the cause of the issues that we were experiencing with the game late last week, but we believe that releasing the client at this point is the best course of action - it should still address an number of significant bugs, and it may help us narrow our path of investigation into our server outages.

The Release time of the dungeons themselves are still TBD, but I'll get back to you all as soon as we have a better idea what to expect.

-M

Gonzo
08-15-2016, 06:56 PM
Thx for the info...

Are you going to increase the 3* shards drop rate in the meantime?

Matt_LOTB
08-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Thx for the info...

Are you going to increase the 3* shards drop rate in the meantime?

Until we understand what's been taking our server down, we are (understandably, I hope) a little gunshy about doing another server push, even if it's a only a data change. I'll speak with the designers about it if it turns out we won't be able to get the dungeons opened today.

-M

zamasu
08-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Until we understand what's been taking our server down, we are (understandably, I hope) a little gunshy about doing another server push, even if it's a only a data change. I'll speak with the designers about it if it turns out we won't be able to get the dungeons opened today.

-M

Thank you Matt.

We know you guys have been working hard to get all these issues resolved and we appreciate it. Thanks for the hard work!

Gonzo
08-15-2016, 07:13 PM

-M

Oh. I'm sorry. I thought the Dungeons would be closed for like a week or so.

It's ok then, take your time. It's totally understandable.

Nekroliun
08-15-2016, 08:50 PM
Thank god i thought its gonna be something like 3 days or so, everyone appreciates your hard work. Great time to test out my new child of the damned!

MrFreeze
08-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Updated the iOS version. No change. Game still hung up at load screen. Five bucks, visions Eddie and axis bomber boy are what I lost. I've gone through worse in life. I think I left a pack of smokes on the counter at the store the other day. That was at least five and change. It'd be nice if the game worked though. They should really give some nice gifts to the people who stick it out.

jpmusic
08-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone!

As of a few minutes ago, we have set the iOS version of the Time Rift Dungeons update live. Feel free to download it from the app store at your convenience. We intend to implement a force upgrade to this version on both platforms before the end of the day.

We are still investigating the cause of the issues that we were experiencing with the game late last week, but we believe that releasing the client at this point is the best course of action - it should still address an number of significant bugs, and it may help us narrow our path of investigation into our server outages.

The Release time of the dungeons themselves are still TBD, but I'll get back to you all as soon as we have a better idea what to expect.

-M

Thanks Matt!! We appreciate this very much!

Vertax616
08-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone!

-M

Thanks for the info!

Matt_LOTB
08-15-2016, 09:37 PM
We have now set the server to require the newest version of the game client in order to play. Preliminary data suggests that the fix to the Facebook loop issue isn't 100% successful, but we do still believe it should bring incidence down considerably.

The current plan is to push a server update this afternoon to address our server instability, and we intend to activate the Time Rift Dungeons tomorrow morning. If anything changes, I'll keep you up to date.

-M

OpticSugar
08-15-2016, 09:40 PM
Fantastic news! You guys are all rockstars!

jpmusic
08-15-2016, 09:44 PM
We have now set the server to require the newest version of the game client in order to play. Preliminary data suggests that the fix to the Facebook loop issue isn't 100% successful, but we do still believe it should bring incidence down considerably.

The current plan is to push a server update this afternoon to address our server instability, and we intend to activate the Time Rift Dungeons tomorrow morning. If anything changes, I'll keep you up to date.

-M

That's what we're talking about, thank you!

shaunvis
08-15-2016, 09:45 PM
How about letting us unlink Facebook from our game?

Qed
08-15-2016, 09:58 PM
I don't know if they are doing a good work here, or if the update will fix at least the major problems of the game, but I like this kind of comunication: dates, hours, progress on work etc...

maxdeviations
08-15-2016, 10:01 PM
did the update for ios .. still cant log in. stuck on the eddie sky background with the spinning loading sign. this is frustrating

shaunvis
08-15-2016, 10:32 PM
did the update for ios .. still cant log in. stuck on the eddie sky background with the spinning loading sign. this is frustrating

You try deleting the game, reinstalling, then logging back into your account?

You shoudl set up an account first if you haven't already

maxdeviations
08-15-2016, 10:46 PM
You try deleting the game, reinstalling, then logging back into your account?

You shoudl set up an account first if you haven't already

i have done that .. i get my data back and m able to play 1 round after which all locations lock up again. and then next time back to square 1 .. loading screen
has anyone on ios had any luck after the update ?

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-15-2016, 10:48 PM
How about letting us unlink Facebook from our game?

Why? Facebook is it's own account not dedicated to particular phones. IOS and Android use there own servers. It's probably easier to get data from FB than IOS or Android. My game is hooked through the Google Achievement Facebook and game account.

Lamia
08-15-2016, 10:53 PM
My game is hooked through the Google Achievement Facebook and game account.
Please note that Google Play does not save your game progress, it only tracks achievements. The only 2 methods for saving your game to the cloud are
1) Creating a Roadhouse account (specifying email address and password)
2) Linking to Facebook

shaunvis
08-15-2016, 11:43 PM
Why? Facebook is it's own account not dedicated to particular phones. IOS and Android use there own servers. It's probably easier to get data from FB than IOS or Android. My game is hooked through the Google Achievement Facebook and game account.

Because it's not needed.

I only added FB to add friends. I don't need it and it does nothing but cause an annoying issue.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-16-2016, 12:20 AM
Please note that Google Play does not save your game progress, it only tracks achievements. The only 2 methods for saving your game to the cloud are
1) Creating a Roadhouse account (specifying email address and password)
2) Linking to Facebook

There you go simply don't link to Facebook. Just Roadhouse account.

gerardo
08-16-2016, 01:59 AM
no, i can't play. server error. and the rift tell wait for the next update.

Jennie-5128
08-16-2016, 05:47 AM
Still stuck at loading screen with a 3/4 progress bar here too :/

Heavy1974
08-16-2016, 06:11 AM
i have done that .. i get my data back and m able to play 1 round after which all locations lock up again. and then next time back to square 1 .. loading screen
has anyone on ios had any luck after the update ?

I updated the ios version 3 hours ago and it seems to be working. Had about 10 fights, no error.

osogaru
08-16-2016, 07:56 AM
Hi,
update downloaded this morning (IOS IPAD)
- crash every 2/3 battles at the start, 10 troopers lost today (sorry)... (the problem occur in secret missions & classic battles)...
- New (for me) Problems with Eddie classic & Carriage Rider : some hits doesn't do any damages even perfect ones.
- blue allied soldier shield doesn't activate sometimes
it's worse now than before ... please do something... no new level or new options or new dungeons or new characters... just the actual ones working would be great

Bombatomica
08-16-2016, 09:14 AM
Always stuck at loading screen, 3/4 bar loaded and then nothing. Game recognizes my account (it says "logged as bombatomica"), logged google play too, but then nothing more, stuck forever. A question: if i try to delete and reinstall the game (i'm linked via Facebook), is there a possibility that i lose my progress or i can try safely? Because i have completed all areas with three golden skull, have two 5 star character, if i lose this i don't think i will restart game from zero, i'm done with it. Is it better to wait for DEV for fix this? Thanks...

Dutch
08-16-2016, 09:19 AM
Always stuck at loading screen, 3/4 bar loaded and then nothing. Game recognizes my account (it says "logged as bombatomica"), logged google play too, but then nothing more, stuck forever. A question: if i try to delete and reinstall the game (i'm linked via Facebook), is there a possibility that i lose my progress or i can try safely? Because i have completed all areas with three golden skull, have two 5 star character, if i lose this i don't think i will restart game from zero, i'm done with it. Is it better to wait for DEV for fix this? Thanks...

Hey Bomb, i have done this but on IOS, as long as your account is linked in some way of form, the data will be stored on their server so you wont lose any progress

Kaijester
08-16-2016, 09:21 AM

It is quite safe unless you choose the wrong option (sometimes there is option for LV1 account or your LVxx account) when you login with FB. Even if you chose wrongly, I understand from the Devs that they are still able to get your profile back.

Bombatomica
08-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Hey Bomb, i have done this but on IOS, as long as your account is linked in some way of form, the data will be stored on their server so you wont lose any progress

Ok thanks, i'll try... cross fingers.

Dutch
08-16-2016, 09:59 AM
good luck as im not sure what i did to not have all these issues

Nekroliun
08-16-2016, 10:00 AM
I dont kno wut just happened but when in used a skill shard on a child the game it lvled up oblivion and after that i opened up the lvl up menu wanting to lvl my child, after that a popup telling me that oblivion has lvled up came and couldnt be closed, had to ose the whe game for it to go

Bombatomica
08-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Ok, i deleted and reinstalled the game, dowloaded various update, logged with facebook aaaaaaandddd.... stuck! Same as usual, at loading screen, 3/4 of the bar and then nothing more.
I begin to feel a little frustrated. Just a little.

woodol
08-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Yes !
Exactly the same for me : there is a HUGE PB with this game and the most frustrating is that we don't know if the team work on this !!!

If anyone or if you find a workaround, please let me know by MP, I ll do the same

Dutch
08-16-2016, 10:17 AM
im sure they are trying to figure out whats going on, it must be very frustrating for the ones that cant login to the game i think all you can do is just wait for them to come with a fix which will hopefully roll out alongside the Time Rift dungeon

woodol
08-16-2016, 10:20 AM
I hope you're right... :(

Nekroliun
08-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Ofc he is, im sure the devs are working their lives out of their bodies trying to fix the game, and im sure they understand that the game isnt stable yet and im sure some of them play the game and may or may not have encountered the bugs themselves

Dutch
08-16-2016, 11:56 AM
i think this is quite normal for a newly developed game to carry its bugs, i dont thin k you can ever be really sure what will happen until the game goes live, its hard to anticipate a servers reaction to a bucketload of traffic which i im not sure you can actually test during a QA

MrFreeze
08-16-2016, 12:26 PM
They just need to give that old gateway 386 they're using a good kick

Fakos13
08-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Hello all,
I am not able to connect three days now. I am waiting to find a solution because i used to play all day and i am lvl 53 now. Any news about the repair do you have?
i use my iphone 6,
ios.
Thanks a lot!

Calin
08-16-2016, 01:56 PM
They just need to give that old gateway 386 they're using a good kick

A hard reset should work.

woodol
08-16-2016, 02:01 PM
@Fakos
We have the same pb ...I hope since 5 days a FIX but I won't see anything coming

Calin
08-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Hello all,
I am not able to connect three days now. I am waiting to find a solution because i used to play all day and i am lvl 53 now. Any news about the repair do you have?
i use my iphone 6,
ios.
Thanks a lot!

I can't play since Friday. I've tried everything, from restarting the device, to reinstalling the game.
Now I receive the 'An error occurred. Please restart the game.' message. Guess what...I receive it again after restarting the game.

But I'm sure that the DEV team will fix this soon. We will be able to play again and forget about this.

Kaijester
08-16-2016, 03:02 PM
Good night everyone...

Nekroliun
08-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Good night everyone...

U wish it is...

Edit: Prob not

BillLion
08-16-2016, 06:07 PM
OK, any updates? Eager to get in the dungeons!

Never thought I'd say that...

Nekroliun
08-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Been waiting here since 1987, dem dungeons are never gonna open, trust me

Qed
08-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Don't complain for a small delay, believe me, it is much better a good patch coming little late than a buggy patch that requires 2 weeks to be fixed again.
In b4 we'll have a bugged patch that will come late.

BillLion
08-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Don't complain for a small delay, believe me, it is much better a good patch coming little late than a buggy patch that requires 2 weeks to be fixed again.
In b4 we'll have a bugged patch that will come late.

I agree with you. But from what Matt said it didn't seem another patch was needed, they just needed to "turn them on" so to speak.

Matt_LOTB
08-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Quick update:

We are tracking one bug in the Time Rift Feature that we want to iron out before we set them live. I'll update again when I have an ETA.

-M

Gonzo
08-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Awesome... Thanks for the update.

maxdeviations
08-16-2016, 07:09 PM
Quick update:

We are tracking one bug in the Time Rift Feature that we want to iron out before we set them live. I'll update again when I have an ETA.

-M

hi Matt, any update on the ios issue ? when i start the game I see the picture of Eddie's cloud and the loading icon and that s it. it never loads anything .. any idea when this will get resolved ? not able to start the game at all

OpticSugar
08-16-2016, 07:21 PM
Quick update:

-M

heh... iron out... good one mate.
Good luck!

Nekroliun
08-16-2016, 09:17 PM
Still nothing???

Vaseodin
08-16-2016, 10:12 PM
quick update:

We are tracking one bug in the time rift feature that we want to iron out before we set them live. I'll update again when i have an eta.

-m

yoy!!!!!!!!!

XcarecroW
08-16-2016, 10:18 PM
This is going to take forever.

Eagleknight
08-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Still no word on the rift?

ShadowRising
08-16-2016, 11:46 PM
must be a bad bug lol

Eagleknight
08-16-2016, 11:48 PM
I guess. Just thought there would be some kind of update by now.

Matt_LOTB
08-17-2016, 12:24 AM
I guess. Just thought there would be some kind of update by now.

Ask and ye shall receive.

The Time Rift isn't opening today. WE did one final localised playtest of the dungeons this morning as we were getting ready to turn them on, and encountered a serious ability interaction bug that would lead to a hang in the warrior dungeon when players use certain specific, but fairly common party compositions.

To properly fix this will require us to push a new client, however the affected dungeon won't become active again until Tuesday of next week, so we have a day or two. If we can't push that hotfix in time, we have a temporary fix we may be able to push with a server in the mean time.

Other than that, we think the dungeons are probably ok to go, but given the last minute appearance of a blocker bug this morning, we want to take an additional day to test through all the other dungeons, and make absolutely certain there's nothing else hiding in the wings. The team will get back together in the morning to make the call on the roll out plan. I know that the wait is a pain, but we'd rather do our due diligence on this than take the risk of something hidden cropping up again.

I have talked to the design team about adding evolution shards back in to the loot tables for the campaign in the intervening time, but unfortunately, the changes needed would require a couple of days testing to be confident in, and that's really no better than the wait it will take to get Time rifts off the ground.

Please bear with us a little longer, we'll get them open as soon as we can.

-M

ShadowRising
08-17-2016, 12:34 AM
Ask and ye shall receive.

The Time Rift isn't opening today. WE did one final localised playtest of the dungeons this morning as we were getting ready to turn them on, and encountered a serious ability interaction bug that would lead to a hang in the warrior dungeon when players use certain specific, but fairly common party compositions.

To properly fix this will require us to push a new client, however the affected dungeon won't become active again until Tuesday of next week, so we have a day or two. If we can't push that hotfix in time, we have a temporary fix we may be able to push with a server in the mean time.

Other than that, we think the dungeons are probably ok to go, but given the last minute appearance of a blocker bug this morning, we want to take an additional day to test through all the other dungeons, and make absolutely certain there's nothing else hiding in the wings. The team will get back together in the morning to make the call on the roll out plan. I know that the wait is a pain, but we'd rather do our due diligence on this than take the risk of something hidden cropping up again.

I have talked to the design team about adding evolution shards back in to the loot tables for the campaign in the intervening time, but unfortunately, the changes needed would require a couple of days testing to be confident in, and that's really no better than the wait it will take to get Time rifts off the ground.

Please bear with us a little longer, we'll get them open as soon as we can.

-Mthanks Matt, i know it suckjs for yall and us to have to wait but i do appreciate yall wanting to make sure things go smoothly as possible.

Gonzo
08-17-2016, 12:53 AM
No comments about all the people unable to log in and possibly loosing their accounts????

Edit: Here's a crazy thought... Can't you go back to a previous build? From my experience in this game so far, Time Rifts won't happen any time soon.
And I guess that the "ability interaction bug" has something to do with Reflect Shield (wild guess), if this is the case, this has been happening since day 1!!!!

Vaseodin
08-17-2016, 12:56 AM
Will the dungeons include Evo runes as well? Just wondering as the drop rate now for 3 stars is abysmal.

Qed
08-17-2016, 01:03 AM
Take your time, if you fail in this patch is almost game over for your team on this project so I can understand the need to be sure everything will go nice and smooth.

maxdeviations
08-17-2016, 01:11 AM
No comments about all the people unable to log in and possibly loosing their accounts????

i agree .. what about us who cant even start the game ? nothing is being done there ???

Eagleknight
08-17-2016, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the update Matt. The wait is easier when we know what's happening.

Matt_LOTB
08-17-2016, 01:25 AM
i agree .. what about us who cant even start the game ? nothing is being done there ???

We are aware of the problems and are working to fix them. I haven't got anything more to report on it.

I realize that being shut out of the game by these bugs is frustrating - let me assure you that there is no one more frustrated by them than me. Generally speaking, if an issue is fundamentally negatively impacting the functional health of the game, you can assume that it is top of mind for the development team. We want you to be playing it and enjoying yourself problem free.

-M

Kraznoff
08-17-2016, 01:28 AM
Will the dungeons include Evo runes as well? Just wondering as the drop rate now for 3 stars is abysmal.

I certainly hope so. Can't upgrade characters or talismans at the moment. No point in playing other than trooper points.

shaunvis
08-17-2016, 02:09 AM
At this point, I'd rather be able to upgrade talismans without loosing it instead of the dungeons.

Vaseodin
08-17-2016, 02:49 AM
...or upgrade talismans to 5 stars, period.

ironleo78
08-17-2016, 03:32 AM
How about the store offering skill shards for a ridiculous price (69.99 canadian $ here for 3 skills shards, so it would cost 210$ to max Eddie's skills, laughable at best) , while you work out the game-breaking bugs, when people complain all over the place losing their data and having you guys offer ironite to compensate? When you remove all the good loot before knowing you bugs are fixed? when you could have easily rolled back your version when it screwed the servers.... does not look so professional to me. I hope you guys talk with your marketing guys about the ridiculous pricings.

I really wanted to put money on this game, but, with all these bugs and the freaking programmed ads popping up asking me to buy a ridiculous 70$ pack. No thanks, this game does no honor to Iron Maiden in it's present form.

JaymzD666
08-17-2016, 03:33 AM
There should sure as hell be some compensation for those of us who have been sticking with this app, dealing with the ridiculous bugs, losing trooper badges, losing gold, runes and ironite. There are those of us who love this game, are standing by, waiting, dealing with the nonsense, have spent hard earned money...there better be some give with the take or alot if people are going to uninstall the this app.

Gonzo
08-17-2016, 04:00 AM
I think a HUGE compensation is in order for those who can't access the game, some people have this problem since Thursday or more. Some don't even know if they are going to get their account back or not.

I'm usually reticent to this kind of things. But enough is enough, I've supported this game for a long time. I'm not trying to deliver an ultimatum, as I said I love the game and I want it to be a success but this is not the correct way, I'm concerned.

Getting 2 forum "updates" a day is simply disrespectful when a lot of people, people who actually spent money on the game, can't play. This game proved to have a loyal fan base, but in this last few days the forums has been pretty much dead. A lot of people stopped posting. You need to realize that.

I know Matt and the dev team are doing their best to keep this game alive, I don't doubt that. I'm grateful for this amazing game, but what is going to happen next? Experience says that this problems won't be fixed soon, how much will people have to wait? I hope I'm wrong.

As a paid customer, I don't know what to do. I don't feel that problems are being addressed, each day we get the same "we are working on it", "this new client will make things better", "we are implementing a new fix" and yet, here we are.

I really hope things get better, I will give you more time. But I think that besides the proper fixes, this is the time to show your LOYAL customers some appreciation.

rchimus
08-17-2016, 04:41 AM
Ive been fortunate enough to have had very few issues and have been able to log on and play but i have a couple friends who have already jumped ship after not being able to play since friday. it sucks bc i enjoy the game but i have no friends who can log in might have to move my money to another game. i mean the simple act of being able to actually log in should be priority. its just ridiculous at this point.

daisu1-4294
08-17-2016, 05:28 AM
Usually companies give out compensation for even lesser delays. They should keep up communications and perhaps offer a legendary soul at least for the massive problems. My friends are also unable to get on despite myself able to get on only after some serious effort.

Dutch
08-17-2016, 07:19 AM
I agree that a compensation should be the bare minimum that they can do atm, I mean we have people that can't even play a game, and there's people like myself and Gonzo that can but we've lost tons of gold levelling talismans up only to find them reduced again by about 20%. I'll keep supporting this game but at the moment I won't be spending anymore money until I know stuff has been fixed.

As for the legendary soul being awarded as a comp, I've lost enough gold already just to end up with another poxy 4* lol

XcarecroW
08-17-2016, 08:11 AM
This is becoming a big joke. That just show how a bunch of useless devs are managing a game that is getting bigger for them. You shouldnt take off the 3* shard drops and nerf stuff until the update. It was better before the small shitty update you made. Seriously, if the rift is taking so long to fix, at least fix some of the most important bugs and let us play peacefuly until its done.

Bombatomica
08-17-2016, 08:12 AM
I dont want comp, i wanna play yyyy :mad: (stuck from friday) please......

osogaru
08-17-2016, 08:17 AM
Please, you should give a compensation to ALL the players... upgrading talisman is still complicated (server errors), battles crashes more now than before (loosing troopers), and as said by others, impossible to upgrade characters (3* shards??) waiting for a new mode full of bugs... Finished the Underworld Madness and the legendary soul is a 4* character... the same that I got with the legendary pack... really like the game but wondering if it's worse the money and the time lost... well, I can buy 3 skills for 49 euros.... lol

Aristo4
08-17-2016, 09:04 AM
I wonder how so many players with such big problems still stick to the game and wait. I for myself have no login problems,dont loose gold and talisman leveling and even managed to max some talismans to 5*

One thing is sure: theres no way I would stick to this game IF I COULDNT EVEN LOG IN.

Bombatomica
08-17-2016, 09:12 AM
I just wait, read the forum and hope. Not much to do now. If they fix the login problem, good, otherwise bye bye.

Calin
08-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Hello guys,

If you are still unable to play, you might face the same problem as me. My save file is so broken, that it requires a DEV to look at it and try to fix it.

You should submit a request and wait for them to help you. Since there are a lot of people facing this issue, it'll take some time.

shaunvis
08-17-2016, 11:34 AM
Please, you should give a compensation to ALL the players... upgrading talisman is still complicated (server errors), battles crashes more now than before (loosing troopers), and as said by others, impossible to upgrade characters (3* shards??) waiting for a new mode full of bugs... Finished the Underworld Madness and the legendary soul is a 4* character... the same that I got with the legendary pack... really like the game but wondering if it's worse the money and the time lost... well, I can buy 3 skills for 49 euros.... lol

$50 to get skill shards seems to be the ONLY way to get them. I saved up 5000 trooper points and you can't fucking buy them because "The purchase failed, please try again".

Pretty much everything is broken at this point

Bombatomica
08-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Hello guys,

If you are still unable to play, you might face the same problem as me. My save file is so broken, that it requires a DEV to look at it and try to fix it.

You should submit a request and wait for them to help you. Since there are a lot of people facing this issue, it'll take some time.

Done days ago, but as you say there are lots of players with the same issues.

MrFreeze
08-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Hello guys,

So the game files are corrupted? I don't know how many people are playing this, but if there are hundreds of these cases... I don't expect to get that account back

ShadowRising
08-17-2016, 12:54 PM
well i think if the devs think things can't get back on track in a timely manner they should do a roll back to the last best place it was working good for everyone for the most part then concentrate on whats needed.

kryton
08-17-2016, 01:10 PM
I agree that a compensation should be the bare minimum that they can do atm, I mean we have people that can't even play a game, and there's people like myself and Gonzo that can but we've lost tons of gold levelling talismans up only to find them reduced again by about 20%. I'll keep supporting this game but at the moment I won't be spending anymore money until I know stuff has been fixed.

As for the legendary soul being awarded as a comp, I've lost enough gold already just to end up with another poxy 4* lol

I also have been fortunate enough not to have the log-in bug(knocks on wood) and I totally agree with Dutch,Gonzo and the others. There needs to be some sort of compensation,especially for log-in bugs. I hope they fix this game soon because as it stands at the moment(those of us that can log in that is),with no chance to level any of my Eddies to 5*,just collecting gold,trooper points and getting CRAPPY drops this game has become:

B-O-R-I-N-G

ShadowRising
08-17-2016, 01:25 PM
i posted this on the facebook page so guess i will post here as well, a possible workaround for those that have a PC or mac and just want to be able to play should try bluestacks or andyroid, i use bluestacks on my pc to play mobile games because my 50 year old eyes cant do small screens and the game looks great on my 32inch monitor. other than last friday i have had no issues other than the usual bugs, even log in to the game in bluestacks with the facebook option. anyway might be worth a try folks. http://www.bluestacks.com/

shaunvis
08-17-2016, 01:36 PM
i posted this on the facebook page so guess i will post here as well, a possible workaround for those that have a PC or mac and just want to be able to play should try bluestacks or andyroid, i use bluestacks on my pc to play mobile games because my 50 year old eyes cant do small screens and the game looks great on my 32inch monitor. other than last friday i have had no issues other than the usual bugs, even log in to the game in bluestacks with the facebook option. anyway might be worth a try folks. http://www.bluestacks.com/

Thanks for the tip. If anything, this sounds like a cool way to play stuff at work. :)

I don't think it will help with the game though. The issue is the game itself, not the platform

Calin
08-17-2016, 01:50 PM
So the game files are corrupted? I don't know how many people are playing this, but if there are hundreds of these cases... I don't expect to get that account back

The game files are not corrupted, only the saves. I've created a temporary account until my issue is fixed, and the game works perfect.

OpticSugar
08-17-2016, 03:12 PM

I know this must be super frustrating for those that are plagued by crippling bugs right now... but just remember: It's only this frustrating because you like this game so much.

Rather than getting more and more irritated by how long it's taking to fix everything - rage-quitting & deleting the app, maybe you should take a break from this game for a week and give the devs some time to sort this out properly. It sounds like they are scrambling to make everything right and at this point, there's not a lot that you could say (in terms of venting frustration) that hasn't already been expressed on these threads. It's still going to be a great game when it gets fixed - so just hang in there and don't let this phase put too bad of a taste in your mouth that you can't enjoy the game when it's up and running properly.

If you've spent money and feel like these bugs have wasted your money, well that's legitimate. I hope the powers that be are sensitive to this and offer an appropriate in-game currency to compensate those afflicted (and we've all been afflicted). It should be based on a percentage of total money spent and given in the form of Ironite in my opinion - rather than a blanket offering to everyone (even those who haven't spent a dime). That would be the most fair action. Keeping the loyalty of the games biggest fans should be the top priority. I would just hate to see players rage quit before the game really has a chance to blossom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTqlgHggX5s

ShadowRising
08-17-2016, 05:01 PM
dang man , sure would be nice to get my 3*,s beyond 3 ugh.

Jennie-5128
08-17-2016, 05:25 PM
just remember: It's only this frustrating because you like this game so much.
I'm trying. I'm really trying.

Qed
08-17-2016, 06:31 PM
Is no news good news?

Vaseodin
08-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Any word on this update?

Beeboo
08-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Leapdroid worked better then Bluestacks for me. I don't use it anymore in fear that my account could be lost because of multiple devices.

Yos2112
08-17-2016, 10:22 PM
To remain fair they should've taken down the game completely after these massive reports of people not being able to play it until things are sorted out! So now the others can take huge advantage and run miles and miles ahead of us that are affected while we will forever remain behind!

Gonzo
08-17-2016, 10:33 PM
To remain fair they should've taken down the game completely after these massive reports of people not being able to play it until things are sorted out! So now the others can take huge advantage and run miles and miles ahead of us that are affected while we will forever remain behind!

This is not a PVP game, and trust me, most of the people who can play just grind to get trooper badges.
There's nothing to take "advantage" of.

Matt... Any updates?