PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt General

Vaseodin
08-11-2016, 03:22 PM
I think I figured out why they changed the name. It doesn't have anything to do with PC or German laws (otherwise they would've changed the names of the axis bombers and such). It has to do with cohesion with Iron Maiden lore.

In the stage where you battle the Corrupt General the clairvoyant tells you the leaders of the 2 sides have been corrupted. In addition, the name of the stage is "Heart of Darkness", a song about the book of the same name and in the lyrics there is a line "The general's gone rouge and his methods are unsound."

It just didn't make sense to call him a Commander. My theory anyway..

BillLion
08-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Interesting theory. I prefer to think this is why they changed it

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 03:24 AM
So I stand corrected. The lyrics state the colonel has gone rogue. Not the General. Hmm maybe it is pc after all.

Relany
08-12-2016, 08:40 AM
This phrase comes from a very popular song of Iron Maiden, it's strange you don't know it. You can guess the lyrics have not to be changed, so this should be the reason.

Dutch
08-12-2016, 08:48 AM
yeah its The Edge of darkness from the X factor album

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 02:58 PM
What I meant was for some reason I remembered the lyric saying "the general has gone rogue", but it's actually "the colonel has gone rogue". So this can't be the reason after all. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm still clinging to my word length theory. It is my theory, which is mine, and I theorised it. [ / Anne Elk ]

AmBush-UK
08-12-2016, 05:00 PM
yeah its The Edge of darkness from the X factor album

Which is about the great 1979 Francis Ford Coppola Film Apocalypse Now. The song is virtually the whole film in 6 minuets http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002960/quotes
The Film Apocalypse Now was based on a Mr. Kurtz, from the Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad (1899)

My theory, the Corrupt General is a totally random title, He is a General (the highest rank achievable by officers of the Army) who's been corrupted by the dark side :o