PDA

View Full Version : Poor evolution rune drop rate since update?

Kraznoff
08-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Is it just me or is the drop rate for evolution runes worse since the update? I've been farming underworld madness and it seems like the drop rate for 3* evolution runes, especially the rainbow ones, has decreased. In fact I haven't received a single rainbow 3* rune since the update. This seems a little strange considering the devs stated the update changed the drop rate to focus on runes since evolution shards will be dropping in the dungeons now.

Gonzo
08-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Yes. I've also noticed this. Devs said that drop rates would be more "rune oriented" although the rate seems to be a lot lower than before.

Trystangst
08-11-2016, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen any real issues here...only thing I notice is the utter lack of shards. Which makes sense with the upcoming dungeon. Though removing the shards this far in advance of the dungeon kind of sucks.

Kraznoff
08-11-2016, 10:02 PM
This is unfortunate considering most of a character's power comes from upgrading runes. At this rate it will take over a week of farming to upgrade a single talisman to 5*, and that's only if I start getting 3* rainbow runes. And rainbow runes should be more common than other colors since you need them to upgrade all talismans. I guess I'll be ok since I've already upgraded so many talismans, but this may turn away a lot of new players that will get frustrated. Having a 5* character doesn't matter if you only have 3* talismans. Trystangst, have you had a decent amount of 3* rainbow runes drop since the update? You need 9 to upgrade a single talisman to 5*, not to mention another 6 3* runes of a specific color. If the drop rate remains this low the game will require even more grinding than before, even with the dungeons.

Trystangst
08-11-2016, 10:14 PM
I honestly haven't been paying close attention.

I'm sitting on over 100 1* and 2* rainbows, as well as 26 3* rainbow.

I'll keep a count as I run thru my Troopers in a few hours and see.

Trystangst
08-12-2016, 02:30 AM
So in 20 runs tonight of Underworld Madness, I got:
70,570 gold
10 Sands of Time
4 Ironite
9 2* Souls
6 4* purple exp runes
3 4* green exp runes
3 3* purple exp shards
3 3* blue exp shards
3 3* green exp shards
3 3* red exp shards
2 3* green evo runes
2 3* purple evo runes
1 3* blue evo rune
1 3* orange evo rune
2 3* rainbow evo runes
2 2* orange evo runes
4 2* red evo runes
1 2* Paralysis Talisman (Overwhelming)
1 2* Ascension Talisman (Ward)
6 1* purple evo runes
3 1* orange evo runes
6 1* Resistance Talismans (Shield)
2 1* Warp Talismans (Bulwark)
1 1* Warp Talisman (Onslaught)

I also got another 5 3* Rainbow evo runes while grinding Troopers this evening in about 50 Sands of Underworld Madness.

ShadowRising
08-12-2016, 04:04 PM
even before i can't seem to find any to get my 3 star chars past 3

never mind post was about talismans, but still ugh

Kraznoff
08-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the info Trystangst! Definitely looks like drops are worse. Before I could get enough resources to at least upgrade 1 talisman to level 5 in a day of farming, now it seems like it'll take 3-4 days. Hopefully we can get 3 star evolution runes from the dungeons.

Deezenuts
08-17-2016, 08:39 PM
My latest experience since patch is lack of 2* rainbow evo runes dropping. I have done countless runs on all maps @ hard/madness and have maybe gotten four in the last 4 days of grinding. Lots of 1*/3* though. I've had matches where a 1* + 3* have even dropped but next to no 2*. I have all these damn talismans that req evolving but can't, due to what i'm finding as this near non existent drop rate. Anyone else having same experience??