PDA

View Full Version : Stop adding new content! Fix your bugs that make game unplayable!

Archer804
08-12-2016, 01:44 AM
You guys need to understand your game is unplayable! Stop adding more content fix your bugs.....

Been seeing in bug forum that you know Number of the Beast is broken....Ive lost numerous (played and froze losing all progress) 20+valuable troopers and turn cost. And yes Ive tried your workarounds THEY DONT WORK! And its ridiculous to ask users to use them for so long!

Am a game and app reviewer and seen this before your about a couple of months away from losing your game population! Players dont want to spend money on in app purchases to lose their money to a game that is unplayable no matter how cool it is.

I am about a week after frustratingly playing and crashing every night for at least 10 times for about 3 weeks from calling apple and getting all monies spent while reviewing ( appx $100+ in app $) and moving on while submitting a review to mag and internet content point with a stay away game unstable and more frustration then fun....moral of the review is dont waste time and money.

Adding mire content while so many bugs and unplayable freeze smells of a company who cares more about money then good content and a great player experience.

Hope you dont go down this road further....

Archer

Trystangst
08-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Not to dismiss your experience with this game, but I'm not having any of the instability issues you are. Aside from a few known issues (Reflect bug, blizzard shield bug). A random crash here and then when doing a lot in my Team window.
Far from unplayable (for me).

Archer804
08-12-2016, 02:05 AM
Well if there are some tricks to stablize the game please share them we are reviewing on an IPAD 4 with 128k the space is about half full and we are on the highest rated Asus router for 2016, modem and high tier Comcast internet service. No other games Marvel, and many others crash this often and drive a very frustrating gamer experience.

So do not feel its a system or network infra issue as we are not seeing stability issues with other games we are reviewing.

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 02:54 AM
Between the two hot fix updates and this official app store update I think they have addressed many issues so far. I agree the game had a lot more issues than any game I've played, but it's not like they're just releasing content and not addressing those issues. In this update alone they addressed over 250 known bugs. If you ask me, that's quite a bit.

Lamia
08-12-2016, 05:23 AM
He's on iOS so he'll have to wait for this update... I'll invite you Archer804 to post again after you've played a day on the new update to let us know if it fixes a lot of issues you're experiencing.

Trystangst
08-12-2016, 05:58 AM
I'm on iOS and as I stated earlier my experience isn't anything like his.

Dutch
08-12-2016, 06:38 AM
Same here, on iOS but not experiencing any major issues apart from the known bugs which can be dealt with

Mystophales
08-12-2016, 08:03 AM
I am on iOS as well and since the new update the game is absolutely mind numbingly frustrating. Crash after crash after crash. Most of the time for trouble contacting server. Not the only crash as there are many. Anytime I level up more than one talisman, when I change more than one talisman, when I switch characters, when I win a fight and expect chest to drop and now right at this moment I can't even log in as it keeps saying there is a server problem once again. It's nice that some of you are getting this game to work but the original poster is not alone...frustration level is very high with me at this point as well.

Flann
08-12-2016, 08:19 AM
I am on iOS as well and since the new update the game is absolutely mind numbingly frustrating. Crash after crash after crash. Most of the time for trouble contacting server. Not the only crash as there are many. Anytime I level up more than one talisman, when I change more than one talisman, when I switch characters, when I win a fight and expect chest to drop and now right at this moment I can't even log in as it keeps saying there is a server problem once again. It's nice that some of you are getting this game to work but the original poster is not alone...frustration level is very high with me at this point as well.

My tablet just down loaded a new update. Unable to log in at all either. Trying to be patient while they try to put out the fires that were never fully extinguished in the first place.

RangersPilot
08-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Crash after crash on Android today so far. Unplayable. 6 or 7 attempts to load up and, when I finally got in, it's server errors galore.

Finally gave up the ghost after it decided to crash after third revive on one of the levels in Underworld - bye bye Ironite!!

talpuz
08-12-2016, 09:03 AM
I'm getting a lot of crashes (inventory upgrade and server errors at the end of a level) on Android too right now... and this is *after* the update to the new version.

Head_crusher
08-12-2016, 09:05 AM
Crash after crash for me too, been unable to play more than a game today, after the last update.

Kaijester
08-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Same here, same here.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 09:18 AM
I am also getting lots of "unable to contact server" crashes post-update. As I recall this did happen once before, not long after release, and it turned out some A-hole was DDOSing the game servers. At least I'm not losing the troopers in the crashes today.

vgta99
08-12-2016, 09:20 AM
I'm getting a lot of crashes (inventory upgrade and server errors at the end of a level) on Android too right now... and this is *after* the update to the new version.

The same and I lose my progression. I'm finished the Battlefield world in difficult level and the stage after the last is unlocked with no gold skulls (while I got these), and the last stage is locked with gold skulls...

Kaijester
08-12-2016, 09:20 AM
Sigh why can't some prick play the game normally...you might be right, it's nap time for the game team and it's especially laggy and crashy.

Kaijester
08-12-2016, 09:21 AM
I had a stage reset too and I immediately delete+reinstall the game and progress back to normal but super laggy.

vgta99
08-12-2016, 09:27 AM
I had a stage reset too and I immediately delete+reinstall the game and progress back to normal but super laggy.

I redid this stage and all my progression is unlocked (one more finished stage in insane level). The good news with this bug is that I regained 3 additional ironites :p

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Sigh why can't some prick play the game normally...you might be right, it's nap time for the game team and it's especially laggy and crashy.
Arseholes gonna arse.

Dutch
08-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Ok retracting my earlier statement about being on iOS without problems, crashing a lot now lol

Dutch
08-12-2016, 09:55 AM
oh and now i have apparently unlocked ailings secret location?!

Olevipoeg
08-12-2016, 09:58 AM
I noticed that using troopers will crash the games 90% cases. If this happens, kill the game task from task list and start the game again. No need for clear cache or game data.

steekak
08-12-2016, 10:06 AM
same problem here ... :"login failure"........ "find wifi to play game" ..... ill make ticket cos i had bought a 3day xp boost and lost 3-4 hours

Qed
08-12-2016, 10:38 AM
After the patch I can't login anymore. Nice work.
Probably the topic should be "Stop programming apps, you are not able to".

AmBush-UK
08-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Before updating my tablet i was getting numerous errors :mad:
After updating my tablet I cant even play
https://youtu.be/zegr3Wdhd70 :mad: :mad:

Its Still loading as i write this, thats nearly an hour ! Losfer Words

By the time this loads i'll be playing Battlefield 1

Dutch
08-12-2016, 12:10 PM
lol@ the 8 min vid, brilliant!

jokes aside, this game is now unplayable, it crashes every other map and when trying to get back in i have the same issue as in the vid....ill wait for them to fix it i suppose

slauki
08-12-2016, 12:22 PM

jokes aside, this game is now unplayable, it crashes every other map and when trying to get back in i have the same issue as in the vid....ill wait for them to fix it i suppose

same here, not able to start the game after the update. rebooted several times, but nothing happends. sorry for my troopers !

BillLion
08-12-2016, 12:23 PM
On iOS so no update. Played fine last night. This morning I'm having lots of trouble. I can farm some missions, but it keeps crashing on secret locations. Some logins fail. Lots of hiccups.

Stonewall
08-12-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm on Android and no stability issues so far. I went through all my Troopers (31) and no crashes. This is on an average tablet with 200MB Cable ISP.

Trystangst
08-12-2016, 12:30 PM
On iOS so no update. Played fine last night. This morning I'm having lots of trouble. I can farm some missions, but it keeps crashing on secret locations. Some logins fail. Lots of hiccups.

Same. Was fine last night, not so much this morning. Will wait for the team to address the issue. Plenty of other things to do with my time.

Stonewall
08-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Same. Was fine last night, not so much this morning. Will wait for the team to address the issue. Plenty of other things to do with my time.

Yep just tried one match and got "connection error occurred please restart the game" popup close to the end of the first match - then a login error immediately after.

Edit: tried it again and same thing. Error right at the end of the match at the killing blow.

MuadDib-7367
08-12-2016, 12:38 PM

I bet the problem was due to Axis Commander hacking the game to change his name back ;)

AmBush-UK
08-12-2016, 01:13 PM

jokes aside, this game is now unplayable, it crashes every other map and when trying to get back in i have the same issue as in the vid....ill wait for them to fix it i supposeI had to stop there i was getting bored lol

I Have just: Cleared cache, Cleared data, Force Stopped, uninstalled Rebooted tablet and reinstalled the app
Here's what happened:

https://youtu.be/rSTjOsQlgZU

So i closed it again this time i only cleared cache and loaded again so far so good, hope it works for others. I have managed to do two secret locations so far

I was all set to start my new book :p

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm on Android and no stability issues so far. I went through all my Troopers (31) and no crashes. This is on an average tablet with 200MB Cable ISP.
Can I borrow your tab? I'm on a note Edge phone and it won't load at all and I'm going Cold Turkey here... Have tried it at home and at the office, both with top whack cable internet connections, just in case it was the connection... no joy.

BillLion
08-12-2016, 02:15 PM
It has now begun allowing me to do secret locations, but the tradeoff is it once again shows I haven't cleared missions/levels I have.

Seems like today is a good day to put the game down -go outside, see the birds, smell the flowers, enjoy life...and try again another tomorrow...

BlackshirtOgre
08-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Well if there are some tricks to stablize the game please share them we are reviewing on an IPAD 4 with 128k the space is about half full and we are on the highest rated Asus router for 2016, modem and high tier Comcast internet service. No other games Marvel, and many others crash this often and drive a very frustrating gamer experience.

So do not feel its a system or network infra issue as we are not seeing stability issues with other games we are reviewing.

I cannot disagree with Archer. I have had numerous issues. I lost one account with a Founders code for an Assassin character. Submitted a support request on the 20th of July (after starting 5th of July). They could not fix the account and offered me a new code after looking into it and being unable to fix on July 29. I started a new account and have been asking for my new founders code since August 2nd. No response. I have been sending a kind email everyday as a reminder to provide me the code. Post update today, my account is not working again. Sorry, this is a server side issue. If the connection stinks the game should reset and start over until the person's connection corrects/gets better. The data should not corrupt this easy. I'm sorry but there a a multitude of other gaming developers out there that are not having these issues.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 02:44 PM
TBH seeing the myriad errors people who CAN get the game to load are having, maybe I should be grateful it doesn't load at all for me...

slauki
08-12-2016, 02:57 PM
oh yeah, the game finally managed to start, but it's not possible to start a level, the loading screen doesn't end.

but i got a second surprise, my ironite wents from about 340 to 3! i hope that is just displayed wrong, otherwise i would be really pissed of.

how it's possible to make an essential update, that crushed the game so badly? i just don't get it. take the time needed and release a enjoyable update.
this is really a bad move, problems in the beginning are pretty normal, but things should get better not worse i think...

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 03:16 PM
I'm starting to get nervous and apprehensive about trying to play today. I feel the original poster was not wrong that despite how good the game is, it is weeks away from losing a huge player base. If that happens it's over and this game is too good to go under. Please fix the issues asap. I don't want to see this fail.

MuadDib-7367
08-12-2016, 03:35 PM
I'm starting to get nervous and apprehensive about trying to play today. I feel the original poster was not wrong that despite how good the game is, it is weeks away from losing a huge player base. If that happens it's over and this game is too good to go under. Please fix the issues asap. I don't want to see this fail.

+1 +1 +1 +1

Orc71
08-12-2016, 03:42 PM

I agree with Vaseodin I really think this is a great game and probably the best app style game I've ever played but the constant issues are really getting old. I'm to the point that if they don't truly fix things soon they are going to lose huge numbers of players (myself included). I'll simply request a refund for monies spent and move on to something else. I've played daily and experienced all of the same issues most of you have including the loss of my account that I was lucky enough to recover. But my wife and daughter's accounts were both lost over 3 weeks ago and not a word from the game team despite multiple tickets. All the while they have all of the money my family has spent on the game to date which is in excess of $100.00. Really not cool for a game that is still majorly broken. I'll give them another chance then I'm out.

Archer804
08-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Thanks all now we don't feel crazy about how we see the game for our pending review. Just looking at the posts I see more people here with play issues then not and feel after playing IOS games for many years (easily over 200+)We cannot remember an app with this many repetitive crashes and game experience degrading issues. It really smacks of a development company we have experienced driving its developers to make more content fast enough for the $$ and to mezmerize it user base to try to make them forget the poor quality past code.

We played again last night and at the point of defeating the last underworld devil boss which in the past we couldnt even get that far some 10 attempts, the game crashed 4 times after adjusting game play to accomodate "workarounds" . We finally, while holding our breath won the fight... Then we played the gold chest normal underworld bonus fight died 2 times and paid to ressurect and won the fight to have the gold case drop and the game crash before getting its contents.

I really dont think we have ever played a game where you play to avoid a game crash or start to develop a mind set that it was great play to just get through 15-30 mins of gameplay without a crash and restart.

a few things we did notice: see a lot more crashes at 2x speed, seems like the more graphic intense the game character actions the higher the risk of a crash....also the more widespread damage across numerous foes the more % of crashes.

Many may ask so why do you keep playing/fighting to review it? Well most of you have said it we think its one of the most original games to come along for IOS in a while...its not a unrealistic belief by us that no bugs would exist...but when your crashes and bugs are highly repetitive and degrades the game experieince a good dev company will/should pause, regroup and focus hard on stabilization....heck at the very least we have seen app company send in game items or currency apologizing for the issues to their game pop. just Not seeing that here over the time we have been looking at the app.

We truly hope they right their ship this game can be a winner. We will see!

Trystangst
08-13-2016, 12:48 AM
You have to remember (and as a reviewer hopefully I'm not telling you anything you don't know) - the people who aren't having issues and are enjoying the game (the 4-5* reviews) are busy, well, playing the game.

The people having crashes or bugs or can't log in or can't play or don't like something are going to be here (or on FB or the review section of the App Stores) telling the world their problems and how much the game sucks.

So what you see here is not (necessarily) an accurate view of the playerbase at large. Just a small vocal subset.

Pat-8186
08-13-2016, 04:45 PM
The same and I lose my progression. I'm finished the Battlefield world in difficult level and the stage after the last is unlocked with no gold skulls (while I got these), and the last stage is locked with gold skulls...

I have exactly the same thing.

ConfusedGuru
08-14-2016, 12:16 PM
You have to remember (and as a reviewer hopefully I'm not telling you anything you don't know) - the people who aren't having issues and are enjoying the game (the 4-5* reviews) are busy, well, playing the game.

Well, I am one of those giving the game a 4-5* review. I had no issues in the first hours of gameplay and the Play Store is pretty quick to encourage you to rate an app so I prematurely gave it a 5* rating. I'm sure a lot of users share my experience of a fun couple of hours before asked to rate the game. But, unlike me, most of them chose to just move on to the next game when faced with game freezes, login issues, lost progress etc. I still nurture some kind of hope for this game but have updated my rating to a 1* to reflect the game's current status.

ConfusedGuru
08-14-2016, 12:30 PM
I really dont think we have ever played a game where you play to avoid a game crash or start to develop a mind set that it was great play to just get through 15-30 mins of gameplay without a crash and restart.

I honestly think you should post your review ASAP. The game has been released so the developers obviously thinks the game is 100% done and ready for reviewing. So review! :)

I think a game should be reviewed upon release and not after several updates. If the game improves you can always re-visit the game in a month or two.

Archer804
08-16-2016, 01:59 AM
Well I recieved the update on IOS tonight and ......10 battles an 6 crashes does this dev company understand what quality coding is? I'm very very close to done with the app...time time to call Apple and tell them they need to a warning on this game listing. Warning the Frustration this Game Will Cause You May be Hazardous to Your Health!

I guess be careful what you ask for their fix update has cuased the game to be more unstable....just unbelievable that they would release this quality of code.

MetalWarrior
08-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Well, this is a official forum, right? not hosted by a crazy fan of maiden or this game! i don't see a single reponse here from the developer or any staff member who are maintaining this forum, or did they just created this forum so we can release our frustration !! i don't get it :(

Gonzo
08-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Look again ;)

Kaijester
08-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Well, this is a official forum, right? not hosted by a crazy fan of maiden or this game! i don't see a single reponse here from the developer or any staff member who are maintaining this forum, or did they just created this forum so we can release our frustration !! i don't get it :(

The game producer Matt_LOTB and game dev Lamia update us on an almost (weekday) daily basis in the forum.

MetalWarrior
08-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Pardon my blindness! My eyes were constantly crashing :(

Archer804
08-22-2016, 05:41 PM
We have noticed a significantly higher game crash/bomb out/disconnect rate at night say 8-11p EST US and much less crashes and disconnects during day time play.

Anyone else notice this difference in play time and crash/disconnect frequency?

During past 3 days playing during day saw 1 crash/disconnect per 7-8 fights

During last Saturday and Sunday night (~8-11p EST US) could barely play 2-3 fight before crashing to IPAD icon desktop and having to re-load program in all cases losing borrowed trooper and sandglass play points.

My IT days tell me maybe this is a server end issue around handling load and maybe very short timeout setting....seems logical as most crashes happen while the spinner is loading a fight.

Playing on IPAD 4 128k device.

Legacy Team Support: Have you noticed capacity, high traffic handling or server end issues particularly at night that may be attributing significantly to user disconnects and crashing at a high rate?

Thanks,
Archer804