PDA

View Full Version : Don't spend money On the game

Eptapsyxos
08-12-2016, 10:07 AM
I have lost so many runes gold etc due to bugs.I have paid with real money but this is not something serious for the developers.Refund is not provided of course.I suggest you today when you leave the office to turn back your today salary.And maybe you will understand how we feel.
Of course you make a huge damage to iron maiden community and bands reputation with this buggy thing.
But who cares?
As a mod said....they have to do other things than to read the forum all day.
Nigerian scammers are more trustful than this company.

So suggest for the players.
Play free as far as you can.Dont spend money to that scammers.

GayDaddyBear
08-12-2016, 10:12 AM
my words bro! i have lost crystals and for this real money. an app should be testet before it get public. Now i will play how far as i can and then i delete this stupid work. Looks like it is a new dimension of crime. bad apps to take money.

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Between my founder's pack and in game purchases I have spent well over $350. I would be really upset too if I lost a bunch of stuff I paid for. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen to me, as I've spent a lot of money.

BlackshirtOgre
08-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Between my founder's pack and in game purchases I have spent well over $350. I would be really upset too if I lost a bunch of stuff I paid for. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen to me, as I've spent a lot of money.

Founder (Assassin) as well and so far I have had to start a new account (after data in the old account was corrupted and unusable) and I still don't have the remedy for a new founders code/ironite. I have a nice sweatshirt, and t-shirt for a game I have leveled twice to level 40+ and now cannot currently play.

jpmusic
08-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Until now I've spent just about 12 dollars, which isn't a lot fortunately... And I learned my lesson, until I see that the game is fully functional I won't give them a cent. Sorry devs, but right now I'm just not comfortable with it.

BlackshirtOgre
08-12-2016, 03:11 PM
I thought I'd jump in early and I'm sorry I did. Lesson learned.

slauki
08-12-2016, 04:06 PM
i bought the starter pack for 3 $ just to support the development of the game, but currently i lost 330 ironite since the new update and you all know how hard it is to get ironite.
it really sucks a lot.

Kulimar
08-12-2016, 04:12 PM
You should contact customer support. They are usually good about resolving such situations.

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 04:32 PM
So far I don't regret all the money I've spent. If the game goes down because too many people got upset at all the bugs I will definitely regret it. Here's hoping things improve quickly.

slauki
08-12-2016, 04:32 PM
thank you for the hint.
i will wait for one day, till the game works again. i really hope that is a display issue...sometimes my sand of time also display only the last number...

BlackshirtOgre
08-12-2016, 06:28 PM
You should contact customer support. They are usually good about resolving such situations.

Really, you think so? I have close to fourteen emails that says..."not so much"

Mendo
08-13-2016, 06:00 AM
Three weeks ago:
"Oh my god, this is actually fun! I don't feel like the game is trying to coax me into spending money, it actually feels rewarding, and just challenging enough! And suddenly I'm checking out Iron Maiden on Spotify, even though in usually more a EDM fan! Just wish it would be easier to get coloured two star evolution shards."

Today:
Crash, crash, items lost, freeze, crash, troopers lost, crash, no more souls, no more evolution shards, patches feel like they bring more bugs than they solve... Who let management take over development?!?

While there is usually a content plan for games like this for at very least the next fiscal year, it feels like a lot of the changes recently have been rushed by management for revenue optimisation. And since these are game data updates, quality control features of the App Store are bypassed. I wouldn't be surprised if player retention and concurrent users have been going down quite a bit more than expected, but in the end, what matters is only revenue, and one whale (a customer spending far more than the average, often thousands) is worth more than a a great many customers in the lower paying brackets.

Mind you, a Dev may read this and feel horribly slighted by a smug, know-it-all forum user, and I'm feeling a bit sorry for Matt. But right now, this is an unplayable mess. If the next client patch doesn't change things considerably, users will probably not take lightly to it.

Kulimar
08-13-2016, 06:12 AM
Really though, I think they are aware that the updates caused an unexpected issue. That's why Matt said they were working on it. Hopefully they are able to resolve it soon and those 200 or so bug fixes can be enjoyed by everyone.

Mendo
08-13-2016, 06:29 AM
Oh I would be shocked if they weren't aware :) It's usually management that's pushing for changes before they've made it through QA in one piece. The devs are usually just trying to keep it up as much as they can with the given limitations. But I can only do guesswork.

Also, bugs are unfortunately normal, but there are some critical gamestoppers in the live build that should just never have been released.

Skullkap
08-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Currently for me, this is an unplayable mess, since last update, a week or so ago, my game resets to the point it was before the update, i made it quite far without spending a cent, but now i am stuck at 2400 gold, and now matter how much gold i win or level up characters with, it resets the next day, so there is no point in playing, ITS GROUNDHOG DAY IN PURGATORY. I have cleared 70% of all levels combined, this is so frustrating, i do not even know if i can help the troopers i have by trying to get them characters points by using thier troopers, which i did on a daily level. Because i think that community aspect of the game is kinda cool. So for all those out there, sorry if you do not see me helping, i am "kapper-4341" anyhoo, regardless of the support emails i send, i do not get action or reults, its a shame, so for now, UP THE IRONS, but down with Legacy!!!!!!

Three weeks ago:
"Oh my god, this is actually fun! I don't feel like the game is trying to coax me into spending money, it actually feels rewarding, and just challenging enough! And suddenly I'm checking out Iron Maiden on Spotify, even though in usually more a EDM fan! Just wish it would be easier to get coloured two star evolution shards."

Today:
Crash, crash, items lost, freeze, crash, troopers lost, crash, no more souls, no more evolution shards, patches feel like they bring more bugs than they solve... Who let management take over development?!?

While there is usually a content plan for games like this for at very least the next fiscal year, it feels like a lot of the changes recently have been rushed by management for revenue optimisation. And since these are game data updates, quality control features of the App Store are bypassed. I wouldn't be surprised if player retention and concurrent users have been going down quite a bit more than expected, but in the end, what matters is only revenue, and one whale (a customer spending far more than the average, often thousands) is worth more than a a great many customers in the lower paying brackets.

Mind you, a Dev may read this and feel horribly slighted by a smug, know-it-all forum user, and I'm feeling a bit sorry for Matt. But right now, this is an unplayable mess. If the next client patch doesn't change things considerably, users will probably not take lightly to it.

AmBush-UK
08-13-2016, 05:14 PM

Indeed it is a mess, which seems to be eased 'slightly' today i say slightly as the first round i played crashed. I'm sure the devs try their hardest but their under pressure from above who set Deadlines without knowing how much work is involved.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....
There was a long forgotten
Unpaid group called Beta Testers
Who Tested games before
Release to Retailers and online
Over time the Dark forces
of greed took over and beta testers
demanded money for their work
Big companies refused to pay them
Eventually Beta testing became obsolete

Today the end user and
customer have become
The BETA TESTER
We are the

MASTER BETA TESTERS.

This reply is just as a bit of fun to lighten things up and should not be taken seriously, any reference to any film is purely coincidental, no animals or monkeys were harmed, hurt feeling report forms are available at request.

Eptapsyxos
08-13-2016, 06:52 PM
First time I see beta testers to pay...
I talk with Steve (yeah harris) later this morning and his is stacked also at underworld..due to bugs..lol !!
The next update must be on developers staff
And a hot fix is need it on high scale managers.

Imagine only if this fiasco was at a live concert of maiden...bug in sound and unplayable organs...
Guess today how many people would be Unemployed.
Ahhhh and an update on your refund policy it will be good.

Dank Brew
08-13-2016, 09:43 PM
This is the only phone game I would potentially spend money on.... if it actually worked!!!!!

Vaseodin
08-14-2016, 03:43 AM
I feel the devs owe the players a lot for their patience. I don't know if they realize that many players would be stoked to receive some gift (whether it's skill shards, legendary soul, gold, ironite, evolution runes, or something) for being so patient.

Contrary to what some may think, a free gift as an apology goes a long way and many will be happy to spend more money when their characters advance a bit more due to this gift.

Games like Marvel Future Fight throw players a bone every single time the servers have issues or something happens preventing players from playing. Believe me the game makes tons of money with over 40 million players worldwide. Every single player gets a gift of gold, crystals (kind of like ironite), etc every single time. And they are making lots of money because players are happy.

I am not trying to get freebies. In fact, I wouldn't necessarily benefit much, as my favorite characters are essentially maxed right now and I just want new content. Plus, I've spent $89 on a founder's pack and over $250 in IAP so far in about a month. I would be more willing to keep my wallet open if I saw some kind of behavior like this from the game team. They helped me out in a similar way when I had an issue right at launch, and it was their great customer service that kept me spending more. Believe me, if they didn't make things right when I had my issues I wouldn't have spent any money.

Lesson: People will spend more money once the bugs are fixed if the devs own up to the frustrations they have caused by throwing everybody a bone.

Reaper-7353
08-14-2016, 04:29 AM
I agree. Some sort of incentive, demonstrative of an apology for recent player frustration, would go a long way. I am on my 3rd restart of the game, due to being locked out.

I love the game, but I am once again unable to launch, as of this afternoon. Load screen goes to 75% and hangs there. I play everyday, ALL day. Does anyone know how I can retrieve my account, play again? I'm trying to remain patient, but to what end?

Thank you,
Reaper-7353

Jennie-5128
08-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Load screen goes to 75% and hangs there.
I'm on my third day of that.

Reaper-7353
08-14-2016, 01:56 PM
I'm on my third day of that.

Oh my goodness, Jennie. How frustrating. I wonder how many of us are being affected by this? Thank you for response.

Jennie-5128
08-14-2016, 02:34 PM
There's a few of us, but not the majority, at least going by the posts on here.