PDA

View Full Version : Deserving of a 4.6 out of 5 rating?

ConfusedGuru
08-12-2016, 04:08 PM
I'll admit, early on I gave this game a 5-star rating on the Play Store because I liked the concept, the gameplay and the graphics style.

I just re-rated it, giving it 1 star, why?

Let's face it. The latest app updates have contained bugs, some annoying, some frustrating and some even game-breaking, that easily would have been spotted by a team of professionals, by a team that cares.

I am a software developer myself and I daily make use of tools that automate testing so that I with a click of a button can run dozens or hundreds of tests to make sure that my recent code changes haven't negatively impacted the project. And when all those tests show "green" I still need to actually use the software to fill in forms, click buttons and whatever else I need to do in order to make sure behaviour is according to specs.

And as a developer I also know that any non-trivial software project will contain bugs no matter how hard you try to find and extinguish them. But if you use the testing tools that are part of a programmers toolkit those bugs will, hopefully, be of a more "exotic" nature and not of the "developers-didn't-bother-running-the-app" nature. I can't see that Roadhouse Games invested professionalism or care into this project.

So, is "Maiden: Legacy of the Beast" a near-perfect game as a 4.6 rating would suggest? I don't think so. Not currently. It's current rating is unfair and does not reflect the the quality of the app. I urge you to give the game a proper re-evaluation and give the game the rating you feel it deserves (whatever that might be).

Link to Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roadhousegames.lotb
Link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/iron-maiden-legacy-beast/id1098307964?mt=8

PS.
I hope that in the coming weeks and months the game gets all the love it needs to be a stable, fun experience.
DS.

Stonewall
08-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Same here downgraded to 1 star until it is playable, stable and the bugs are worked out. I understand that bugs will occur with new apps and there are always growing pains but the current downward spiral is not encouraging to say the least.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 04:20 PM
I dunno; I think if they'd known that this update was going to break the app for so many they would not have released it. Yes, you're right, there could have been more testing, but given the variety of devices and platforms this game runs on...
It's been less than 24 hours since the update; I'm going to hold fire on a 1* review for a couple of days.

Nifelheim
08-12-2016, 04:23 PM
most new apps will be glitchy on all devices except the high end current gen ones.

Gonzo
08-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Choose 100 players, beta test.

Qed
08-12-2016, 04:31 PM
They clearly don't test and don't play their game.
It's not about how much time you need to solve some problems but why you release an app that is broken. Test it before the release, this game shouldn't be released at this state of development. This is worse than an alfa.
They decided instead to launch it and make the customers being the testers. This can be understood for hidden minor problems but here you can't even start the app. Can't the devs try to start the app they're publishing before the publication? Too hard i guess. A well deserved one star rating.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Well, yes. But clearly they didn't. Or if they did then the variety of platforms and devices was not remotely covered. But I suspect they are learning this lesson now; the people on this forum are a tiny fraction of actual players, and there's going to be a LOT of angry people out there if we are in any way representative...

Qed
08-12-2016, 04:32 PM

Yes, three months ago.

Trystangst
08-12-2016, 04:41 PM
And how many players are going to go back and re-rate it when it gets fixed? They won't, because they either quit or are too busy playing. So the ratings are skewed either way. It's why I don't pay attention to them.

Vaseodin
08-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Well, yes. But clearly they didn't. Or if they did then the variety of platforms and devices was not remotely covered. But I suspect they are learning this lesson now; the people on this forum are a tiny fraction of actual players, and there's going to be a LOT of angry people out there if we are in any way representative...

This is my fear. If people on the forums are overwhelmingly frustrated and many have quit the game already, how many casual players just quit without saying anything? My guess is a whole bunch. The longer this goes on, the more people they will lose. And the way games work, once a person leaves a game they are usually gone for good. Losing players due to stale content would be one thing and happens to every game. Losing players in droves on your first month of release due to bugs? Well, that's quickly becoming a requiem.

Gonzo
08-12-2016, 05:07 PM

I hope they are learning. The problem is that the game is not that big to make this mistake again. I've always tried to be reasonable, and supported the dev team every step of the way, but unfortunately I don't think the community will be able to do that one more time. Every update brought more problems, and features that we are not able to play yet.
This will run on promises only for a few more days. Please don't read beetween the lines, I'm not issuing an ultimatum, I'm just concerned about the game and the dev team. Let's hope that, as they promised, all this bugs are fixed once the Time Rift is released.

The time to make a change has passed, you have an amazing community at your feet, they can test the game without problems. For free.

Why wouldn't you capitalize that?

All this being said, I can play the game. I've had no problems in the last week or so. But it's impossible not to sympathize with all of you. I've been there, I almost lost all my progress.

I really hope everything gets sorted out.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 05:14 PM
I'd certainly volunteer as a playtester.

And yeah, I hope it's sorted out soon. As someone on another thread said, this will be my first inactive day since I downloaded the game.

Orc71
08-12-2016, 05:16 PM
I really hope that the game developers and devs are reading these forums and are really listening to what's being said in these threads. While I understand they are trying to deal with these issues they really need to communicate with us because at least we would have some kind of acknowledgement so we know that we are at least being heard. The lack of communication simply leads people to believe they don't care and the general attitude is get as much of our money for as long as they possibly can before we just give up out of frustration. If it comes to that for me I guarantee I will be fighting to get my money back.

Qed
08-12-2016, 05:24 PM
They can't even test the login button, dream on about some comunication plan. And it would be so simple, just a post saying: we have major problems that will be fixed in 1-3-5-7 days, the game will be unavailable for that period, we offer now a refund to those that will ask for it, for those who will wait we'll give you some stupid ingame bonus (i.e. some ironite, rare soul, gold whatever) to apologize for the inconvenient.

No one would rage at something like this or blame the devs ecc...
But also this seems too hard to do.

Gonzo
08-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Let's be fair, guys. Matt has posted daily in the forum since he introduced himself.

Communication was way worse a week ago.

Edit: Matt just posted in this thread

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?784-Welcome-to-the-Time-Rift-Time-Rift-Update-August-11-live-on-Android&p=5399#post5399

Orc71
08-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Let's be fair, guys. Matt has posted daily in the forum since he introduced himself.

Communication was way worse a week ago.

I'm not faulting Matt and I have appreciated all of the information he has communicated to us. This issue goes deeper than that though. Why can't I get a response to multiple tickets regarding lost accounts? Why can't they simply be proactive instead of reactive with their communication? I'm quite certain they knows what's going on before we do. I work in customer service where communication is key and if I treated my customer's with the same lack of response I wouldn't have a job for very long.

Trystangst
08-12-2016, 07:47 PM
No one would rage at something like this or blame the devs ecc...

Sure they would. As soon as they missed a deadline. Or a bug wasn't fixed. Or a new one popped up. Or their OP unit got re-balanced.

Pat-8186
08-13-2016, 12:25 AM
Today when I logged in random battles that had been 3 gold skull completed reset to no completed. On Sands, Battlefield, and Underworld I can open madness and normal difficulty but hard is locked. The secret battles I had opened are locked now too from the random battles resetting. If they do not restore my progress, not only will I quit but cancel credit card charges for this game.