PDA

View Full Version : How Did Anyone Get Far Without Allied Soldier Reflect All?

dEaF TO LiGhT
08-12-2016, 11:14 PM
I got my buddy into this game, and he's struggling where the difficulty starts to spike. The RNG hasn't been very kind to him, and he hasn't gotten an allied soldier. I'm finally trying to power through Underworld Madness, but I don't know how I would have ever gotten this far without the soldier. Reflect-all has been a must for pretty much every battle in Underworld Hard, and as far as I remember, the levels before it too. I don't know how I would have gotten this far without him. I was wondering if anyone out there has gotten this far without using him religiously every battle. I've been trying to experiment with other characters now, but I feel like without the Allied Soldier being able to pump out lots of AoE damage and cast AoE reflect, I'm screwed.

Kinda feel the same way with Soldier Eddie, but I'm realizing that the reflect-all is the only thing that allowed me to survive late game battles long enough to win. It kinda feels cheap and boring using reflect every time now, and was wondering if any combos/strategies that don't include the Allied Soldier have worked for anyone.

talpuz
08-12-2016, 11:22 PM
I agree with this.

I used allied soldier for a while mid-game, but then I pulled a corrupt general, which of course was a big asset, so I benched allied soldier for a while, and was running 4* soldier eddie + corrupt general + 4* red rocket dog.

At halfway underworld hard I was having problems though (characters were high level, talismans were not though). At some point I put on blue allied soldier (4* lvl 80) again instead of the rocket dog, and I finished the game (beat every level and got all secret locations) in 2 days after that without any difficulty.

I imagine if you have a high-level 5* rare eddie and amazing talismans or more rare 5* characters you can get by without blue allied soldier, but without those I also do not see how you could beat the latest levels at the moment.

dEaF TO LiGhT
08-12-2016, 11:25 PM
To add to that, I also don't see how I could have done it without Soldier Eddie. The AoE damage and the roulette is gold... it heals even more than your sentinel who usually would be your designated healer.

Flann
08-12-2016, 11:37 PM
I never had the Allied Soldier until I had the whole map 3 skulls. Even the secret levels. But I now have an awesome autoplay grinding team even though 2 of them(soldier Eddie and the Allied soldier) are only 4* capped. The last one is only 5* 72. If it wasn't for that damn child of the damned bug, I could autoplay the number of the beast madness.

Jennie-5128
08-12-2016, 11:46 PM
I accidentally sold soldier Eddie, and didn't get allied soldier until I was in underworld hard.
I used the wickerdog of night you get early on for heal, and wicker man and regular Eddie for attack. And lots of troopers.

dEaF TO LiGhT
08-12-2016, 11:48 PM
I accidentally sold soldier Eddie, and didn't get allied soldier until I was in underworld hard.
I used the wickerdog of night you get early on for heal, and wicker man and regular Eddie for attack. And lots of troopers.

You must have had to load Wicker Eddie with green talismans, rather than blues to get him to survive, right? I'm surprised his damage was even high enough in that case.

talpuz
08-12-2016, 11:59 PM
I never had the Allied Soldier until I had the whole map 3 skulls. Even the secret levels. But I now have an awesome autoplay grinding team even though 2 of them(soldier Eddie and the Allied soldier) are only 4* capped. The last one is only 5* 72. If it wasn't for that damn child of the damned bug, I could autoplay the number of the beast madness.

What team were you using for the latest levels of underworld madness?

Flann
08-13-2016, 12:00 AM

Oh no! :( That totally sux. I hope that sometime down the road you will get another chance to get Soldier Eddie. I don't know how I would have cleared Underworld with out him.

Flann
08-13-2016, 12:10 AM
What team were you using for the latest levels of underworld madness?

To initially clear with bonus objectives I used Soldier and Tailgunner Eddie's (4* lvl80 each) and the Warrior Pyro guy (5* lvl100). 4 capped Guardian (fierce) talismans SETS just for starters. The 2nd ally was a trooper. Usually either a capped Child of the damned or the Axis Commander (pc be damned. That's what he is, that's what I'm calling him!)

talpuz
08-13-2016, 12:19 AM
To initially clear with bonus objectives I used Soldier and Tailgunner Eddie's (4* lvl80 each) and the Warrior Pyro guy (5* lvl100). 4 capped Guardian (fierce) talismans SETS just for starters. The 2nd ally was a trooper. Usually either a capped Child of the damned or the Axis Commander (pc be damned. That's what he is, that's what I'm calling him!)

Ok, so you were using rare pulls, that's what I was wondering :)

Trystangst
08-13-2016, 12:41 AM
I actually get upset when my auto team uses Reflect now. No need. It is a GREAT crutch mid-game, but once you get to Underworld it's going to cause a lot of issues with the Reflect bug. I liked it more for the incoming damage reduction than the actual returned damage. You could get almost the same mitigation with a DEF or MR boost.

Flann
08-13-2016, 12:47 AM
Let me clarify. I received Tailgunner for defeating the Beast on Madness. My main grinding team now is Soldier Eddie, still only 4*. The Allied Soldier, I wish I had known about him sooner. Again only 4*. My second ally is a hidden gem in the trash that we get from the 2* souls.

Here's a single fist attack. Boss level Chains of Misery hard.

I had to crop the level but he's 5* level 62 currently.
If it's done after the Tank attack he heals for 10k.

Vaseodin
08-13-2016, 01:29 AM
I never used soldier Eddie nor the blue soldier. I got through just fine. I used mummy Eddie, a rock golem, and a Wicker dog queen. Then I hit the wall in battlefield, at which point I grinder until I was able to 4 star my mummy Eddie. Through grinding I got a pharaoh dog and pulled a pharaoh dog king from trooper rewards. Even though the dog was bugged I was able to make it to underworld normal. I hit a wall again, and grinded again, netting a mummy dog, which I was very quickly able to get to 5 stars. He helped me get through underworld normal. I hit a wall again until I finally got mummy Eddie to 5 stars, at which point I had enough materials to 5 star the purple possessed mine, and together with mummy Eddie and the mummy dog I was able to complete the game.

It most definitely can be done without the blue soldier or soldier Eddie.

Jennie-5128
08-13-2016, 08:26 AM
About half way thru underworld normal I pulled Samurai Eddie, who was enormously helpful, and I have a bunch of troopers with soldier.
I actually have red talismans on wickerman (not wicker Eddie, the actual wicker man) - he's a bit squishy but he his hard enough to get you thru battlefield normal

Gonzo
08-13-2016, 12:38 PM
I got halfway normal underworld without the Allied Soldier. I was super stuck, like, YOU SHALL NOT PASS stuck.

My Magus Allied Soldier was benched since I got him, never touched it. I used the Magus Harpy instead. I remember I leveled him up because I was bored, I wasn't trying to discover anything. First time I used it it was love at first sight!!!
Then, I used both Allied Soldiers and Soldier Eddie to complete Underworld Madness... they were only 4*!!!! It was a time were most of us thought that in order to finish Underworld Madness you needed 3 5* characters with ultra maxed talismans :P.

I do agree with you, it's the cheapest and chessiest strat. But it got the work done.

Bombatomica
08-13-2016, 08:03 PM
Never used him. I use soldier eddie, axis general (now corrupted general) and hellhound, with some troopers on the fly. Reflect is powerful, but absolutely not necessary if you use the right gem (especially the green with lots of hp).

Gonzo
08-13-2016, 09:33 PM
Never used him. I use soldier eddie, axis general (now corrupted general) and hellhound, with some troopers on the fly. Reflect is powerful, but absolutely not necessary if you use the right gem (especially the green with lots of hp).

Well... that's a 4* character and a 5* character. In most of our cases we didn't pull a 4* until after we finished Underworld.

Bombatomica
08-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Well... that's a 4* character and a 5* character. In most of our cases we didn't pull a 4* until after we finished Underworld.

Ah ok, in that case, i guess he is very very good :P

Eagleknight
08-14-2016, 09:47 AM
I used pharoh Eddie, red rocket dog, and red angel of fear from start to finish. Was a great combo. Now I just add carrage rider Eddie as a switch to finish mobs quick. The extra turns red angel provides can make life easy.

Nekroliun
08-16-2016, 04:25 PM
What?!? I did all of battlefield and the first missions of underworld using speed of light 3* xD. When i got an allied soldier, i sold him..., if i can remember correctly i was using (i think) an allies general i pulled with luck out of a rare soul and (i think) a demon dog. I do admit it was tough as shit, i used carriage rider from troopers regularly though. When i heard about soldier eddie and blue soldier being op i had soldier in lvl 5 and no blue guy... Then i farmed boost talisman till i got some that made soldier enough to survive battlefield.

st33v3
08-16-2016, 09:38 PM
Let me clarify. I received Tailgunner for defeating the Beast on Madness. My main grinding team now is Soldier Eddie, still only 4*. The Allied Soldier, I wish I had known about him sooner. Again only 4*. My second ally is a hidden gem in the trash that we get from the 2* souls.

Here's a single fist attack. Boss level Chains of Misery hard.

I had to crop the level but he's 5* level 62 currently.
If it's done after the Tank attack he heals for 10k.

Talisman used? My Soldier Eddie is not that powerfull.

Flann
08-16-2016, 09:44 PM
Talisman used? My Soldier Eddie is not that powerfull.

That wasn't Soldier Eddie. It was the Pharaoh sun spirit (warrior). Full on guardian (fierce) 3 sets level 50

st33v3
08-16-2016, 09:48 PM
That wasn't Soldier Eddie. It was the Pharaoh sun spirit (warrior). Full on guardian (fierce) 3 sets level 50

Oh, I thought it was an attack from Eddie on the picture :)

Vaseodin
08-16-2016, 09:59 PM
That sun spirit is amazing. I have one at level 1 2* and I almost sold him if it wasn't for this great community!

Flann
08-16-2016, 10:08 PM
I have 2 more that I'm considering leveling a second one.