PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring Magus Child of the Damned!

Sparton_LOTB
07-18-2017, 12:02 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4* character!

From July 17th, 5pm PDT to July 20th, 5pm PDT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Damned Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4* Magus Child of the Damned!

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Damned Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Child of the Damned:

Get a FREE 10 Damned Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Damned Power Up Deal”! This provides ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5* XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Child of the Damned!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Child of the Damned, including the otherwise unavailable Life Talismans and Immunity Talismans!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Damned Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments.

Not sure what the Magus Child of the Damned does? You can check out the stats it has when maxed out in the community-maintained Compilation of maximized characters (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1103). Highlights for the Child of the Damned include:

His basic attack scales to a very high chance to apply Immunity to each ally
His power attack can generate a shield which freezes enemies when its duration runs out
His passive gives you an extra point of Power each round

Jofer16
07-18-2017, 12:30 AM
How I see people that are excited about this event, think I'll hold my resources for the warrior soulless demon fragments:

T-Man
07-18-2017, 01:03 AM
Grab the “Damned Power Up Deal”! This provides ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5* XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Child of the Damned!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Child of the Damned, including the otherwise unavailable Life Talismans and Immunity Talismans!

FYI
I'm not seeing this in the store. Restarted the game several times over, but still a no.

Thedarkness
07-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Im barely getting any damned douls, damnit, this damned RNG is damned fruustratimg... DAMN

LandCrusher70
07-18-2017, 01:33 AM
Someone's getting nerfed soon...

Mizrael
07-18-2017, 05:54 AM
Someone's getting nerfed soon...

they chose wisely this time. Thich character is already shitty enough, so no nerfing will be necessary.

Kardas
07-18-2017, 08:06 AM
Magus CotD is probably my third most common premium magus dupe after the AoP and Golden Son, but hey, good for Sacrifice.

In my eyes, this is the good parts of the event:
- Magus CotD will probably never be nerfed ever.
- Talisman packs are less ridiculous now. I might actually get the Immunity one.

And the bad part of the event:
- I've never seen her in Arena. Ever. Sure, I can count one one hand how many times I've seen the other ones (Gunner one most common, Assassin one most dangerous IMO), but that's already quite a difference. The Warrior Newborn, despite his nerfs, continues to be an Arena mainstay, while other than MCR I can't think of any commonly used 4* Magus toons.

I'm actually curious as to why NF chose to do the event for the Magus CotD. If I had to choose a 4* magus for an event, I'd have probably picked Pharaoh Dog (he's almost never in Arena either but he's great for the Campaign at least)

By the way, I'm assuming the fragment dropchance is identical to what it was for the Warrior Newborn event?

thealchemist
07-18-2017, 09:56 AM
I was hoping for Angel of Pain as thats one toon I don't have but that was always going to be a long shot. While a Magus CotD would be handy for sacrificing, after the last event where I got 2 NBoL, with the anniversary event I had another 2-3 show their heads with no other 4* warrior toons appearing. So the more dupes you get the more likely for even more dupes in the future. I've had 2-3 of these Magus CotD already and don't really want any more or I'll never get an AoP or CG or even Carriage Rider Eddie. Overcoming RNG to acquire toons you don't have is hard enough without increasing the odds in favour of RNG even further...

These type of events are handy for those are still relatively new to the game and can get a guarantee of a decent toon they may not have. First one was good for me but I'll be giving this one a miss and convert any fragments I get.

MrFreeze
07-18-2017, 10:14 AM
Sparton or Kaz,

I know this question is being beat into the ground, but since there's no response, I'll try one last time, can you give us any information on BNW? I could really use some incentive to continue playing. Your idea of events isn't very appealing to me and I've reached the point where I barely want to log in to the game. This might sound like a selfish request, but if you guys read the forum and your Facebook page, you'll see that I'm not alone in feeling this way.

I know it must be horrible reading all the negativity directed at you guys. One way to stop all this negativity would be to actually consider what your customers are telling you, and make changes accordingly. It's not a bunch of baseless complaining. Its customer feedback, and your customers are unhappy. So, last time I ask, can you give us an update on BNW please?

Witkacy
07-18-2017, 10:47 AM
...So the more dupes you get the more likely for even more dupes in the future. I've had 2-3 of these Magus CotD already and don't really want any more or I'll never get an AoP or CG or even Carriage Rider Eddie. Overcoming RNG to acquire toons you don't have is hard enough without increasing the odds in favour of RNG even further...

Alchemist :)

I found my own way to cope with problem of RNG, it's very simple, sure thing it's NOT 100% reliable, yet working successfully since few last weeks... I observed that the more toons I've sacrified (kept only those TRULY useful/fantastic/beloved - you name it) the more I keep getting toons I don't have with my humble rooster... Sure dupe HAPPENS (like with Legendary Soul recently)... Yet I've got a few toons like Hellhound or Wicker Man (not Eddie) I just could dream of getting in the times I had +80 or +100 toons (and using maybe 20...)

Cheers,

W

Liebhild
07-18-2017, 11:40 AM
I'll try one last time, can you give us any information on BNW?

"No brave new world, no brave new world
No brave new world, no brave new world"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsl-bB7lmk?t=57s

GotN
07-18-2017, 12:23 PM
How I see people that are excited about this event, think I'll hold my resources for the warrior soulless demon fragments:

Once again mmd! 😅
about event: what a rubbish!! 👎🏼

Witkacy
07-18-2017, 01:05 PM
"No brave new world, no brave new world
No brave new world, no brave new world"...

Liebhild :)

Well... That's true... We may not have BNW, but at least we have BNS* expanding all the time LOL

Chers,

W

* BNS - Brave New Store

slauki
07-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Sparton or Kaz,

I know this question is being beat into the ground, but since there's no response, I'll try one last time, can you give us any information on BNW? I could really use some incentive to continue playing. Your idea of events isn't very appealing to me and I've reached the point where I barely want to log in to the game. This might sound like a selfish request, but if you guys read the forum and your Facebook page, you'll see that I'm not alone in feeling this way.

I know it must be horrible reading all the negativity directed at you guys. One way to stop all this negativity would be to actually consider what your customers are telling you, and make changes accordingly. It's not a bunch of baseless complaining. Its customer feedback, and your customers are unhappy. So, last time I ask, can you give us an update on BNW please?

actually i would also like to know when or if we can expect BNW, this might calm the players for some time if we can get an explenantion why it's so hard to implement a new stage.

some of the last events were awesome this is kinda meh since the best about the char is his cool look...would be nice if we could get some events where we could play for some cool rewards like sparton 300/500/1000 or something like that. or the long awaited skillshard event till bnw comes out.

but we really need BNW to get all the talismans that divides the playergroup into those who have the specific talismans and those who don't have them....

Kaz_LOTB
07-18-2017, 03:14 PM
actually i would also like to know when or if we can expect BNW, this might calm the players for some time if we can get an explenantion why it's so hard to implement a new stage.

some of the last events were awesome this is kinda meh since the best about the char is his cool look...would be nice if we could get some events where we could play for some cool rewards like sparton 300/500/1000 or something like that. or the long awaited skillshard event till bnw comes out.

but we really need BNW to get all the talismans that divides the playergroup into those who have the specific talismans and those who don't have them....

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments and questions. First off, I'd like to let you know that Brave New Worlds is currently the focus of the team and to some degree is why we've been so busy as of late and have not had as much time to respond to every comment. I don't have an exact date I can give, but it is likely to be one of the next few upcoming releases (not the very next, but perhaps the one or second one after that).

As far as the character fragment events, they are going to be a mainstay. We are shooting to have one event like this every month. Yes, they are mainly targeted at early to mid game players, but can be useful as sacrifice fodder or filling out the rosters of some late stage players as well. These events will not necessarily always have the top meta picks or what may be considered the most "op" mons, but they will be useful to newer players in some respect. Fear not however, we have a very special series of character fragment events also in store for more late game players that will be much more challenging, but have amazing exclusive rewards. More on that after BNW launches.

Cheers,

-Kaz

zamasu
07-18-2017, 03:14 PM
You know what, Let's hire a spam bot to make 100 threads asking: "Where is BNW?" maybe that way we stop being ignored!!
at this rate IM will retire before the game gets a new content!

IceManFerrar
07-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments and questions. First off, I'd like to let you know that Brave New Worlds is currently the focus of the team and to some degree is why we've been so busy as of late and have not had as much time to respond to every comment. I don't have an exact date I can give, but it is likely to be one of the next few upcoming releases (not the very next, but perhaps the one or second one after that).

As far as the character fragment events, they are going to be a mainstay. We are shooting to have one event like this every month. Yes, they are mainly targeted at early to mid game players, but can be useful as sacrifice fodder or filling out the rosters of some late stage players as well. These events will not necessarily always have the top meta picks or what may be considered the most "op" mons, but they will be useful to newer players in some respect. Fear not however, we have a very special series of character fragment events also in store for more late game players that will be much more challenging, but have amazing exclusive rewards. More on that after BNW launches.

Cheers,

-Kaz

Thank you so much for the update, Kaz, that in itself will help calm most of us late game players.

Really appreciate the glimmer of hope that you have given...fingers crossed that all goes as planned.

Cheers and thanks again!

MrFreeze
07-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Thank you so much for the update, Kaz, that in itself will help calm most of us late game players.

Really appreciate the glimmer of hope that you have given...fingers crossed that all goes as planned.

Cheers and thanks again!

Yes. Thanks Kaz. I like the sound of the harder events. I think you guys should figure out a way to combine them though. Events should target your entire player base with different tiers or something rather than focusing on one specific level of player. Just my opinion.

IceManFerrar
07-18-2017, 03:40 PM

FYI
I'm not seeing this in the store. Restarted the game several times over, but still a no.

I am not seeing this either. Don't see the free soul fragments, nor the Talisman packs.

Only see the Power up deal for US $49.99.

Have restarted the game multiple times...I see the pop-up advertisement, but don't see the real stuff in the store.

Witkacy
07-18-2017, 03:42 PM
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

-Kaz

Kaz :)

Thanks for the info, man... I've read it twice, yet still know the same as I did before your statement popped up... BNW is not very far, but it's not so close either... Tautology at it's best :) So I dare to ask you: ''Will it be in this year (A.D. 2017)? Or sooner Maiden will go retired? Thanks

Cheers,

W

Crazypants
07-18-2017, 03:44 PM
I am not seeing this either. Don't see the free soul fragments, nor the Talisman packs.

Have restarted the game multiple times...I see the pop-up advertisement, but don't see the real stuff in the store.

Same here, On my second account on my Samsung the store hasn't updated and is the same mentioned above. On my main account on my ipad/iphone its properly updated with the new store content.

Kaz_LOTB
07-18-2017, 03:56 PM
Kaz :)

So I dare to ask you: ''Will it be in this year (A.D. 2017)?
Cheers,

W

Yes. Provided everything goes as planned, you should look forward to it within a month's time. As always, things could change and the feature could get delayed for some unforeseen reason, but that's our current trajectory.

-Kaz

T-Man
07-18-2017, 03:59 PM

Same here, On my second account on my Samsung the store hasn't updated and is the same mentioned above. On my main account on my ipad/iphone its properly updated with the new store content.

Thanks for confirming it wasn't just me. I tried on both iPhone and iPad with latest iOS.

slauki
07-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

-Kaz

thanks for the reply, much appreciated. let's hope the best :-)

cheers

Jerry_LOTB
07-18-2017, 05:33 PM
For those of you who couldn't see the updated store items, please force-quit and re-open the game and they should pop up. Sorry about that.

IceManFerrar
07-18-2017, 06:47 PM
For those of you who couldn't see the updated store items, please force-quit and re-open the game and they should pop up. Sorry about that.

Thanks Jerry, it worked and I see the new packs now.

T-Man
07-18-2017, 07:24 PM

I opened the app not long ago and everything is there now. Thanks.

Thedarkness
07-18-2017, 08:47 PM

Any way you can fix the achievements counter that reset to 0 for a lot of us, I'm at 23/120 at the moment.

Sid-2370

Lulero
07-18-2017, 09:06 PM
@Sid/Thedarkness: That fix for achievement completed is coming. And some others too.

It might takes a few updates though. See the source (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5699-May-16th-2017-Update-Discussion&p=40989&viewfull=1#post40989) or this thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6835-Incoming-minor-features-and-bug-fixes) for a compilation of mostly minor stuff we know they working on for sure.

BG840
07-18-2017, 10:08 PM
Finally a little light shed. Thanks Kaz hoping all goes as planned.

thealchemist
07-19-2017, 04:04 AM
Alchemist :)

I found my own way to cope with problem of RNG, it's very simple, sure thing it's NOT 100% reliable, yet working successfully since few last weeks... I observed that the more toons I've sacrified (kept only those TRULY useful/fantastic/beloved - you name it) the more I keep getting toons I don't have with my humble rooster... Sure dupe HAPPENS (like with Legendary Soul recently)... Yet I've got a few toons like Hellhound or Wicker Man (not Eddie) I just could dream of getting in the times I had +80 or +100 toons (and using maybe 20...)

Cheers,

W

I've kinda found the opposite, the more toons I've kept lately the greater chance of getting new toons. It was like if I sacrificed a toon, RNG thought I should have it back again lol I think a lot of it probably is just luck and personal experience. I'm not sure how much we can control really. At the moment I'm still leveling up all the new toons I got over the anniversary event and deciding which ones I like, what talismans to use etc, so not fussed about getting more new toons for now. But some different 4* warrior toons would be nice in the not too distant future though. Hopefully if these character events do become once a month another warrior toon I'm after will be featured. Thanks for your input Witkacy :)

Also nice to hear that BNW shouldn't be too far away.

Patrice-1201
07-19-2017, 01:27 PM
@Devs thanks for the info on BNW, can you shed some light on the release date of the long awaited Trooper Eddie. Also, are there going to be more Eternal characters released (i.e is it worth collecting Eternity Fragments once the collection is complete)? What about Nigh City?

one other thing I would love to see implemented is to make sure that Eternity Souls do not result in dupes unless the team is complete ;-)

Looking forward to your response ;-)

GotN
07-19-2017, 04:41 PM
Just wanted to report about my experienced drop rate of fragments on this event. Played 99% LoL X. First constantly 10 fragments dropped about every 2nd round, then came a couple of 5 fragment drops and yesterday evening I had two rounds one behind the other with 50 fragments. That was great luck I think and with them got 1st mag COTD dupe ;) what's your experience with that?

blade685
07-19-2017, 04:48 PM
It's a dupe character for me like last Wnbol event, can we keep fragment for a future blue event and same for Wnbol fragment?

druid138
07-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to report about my experienced drop rate of fragments on this event. Played 99% LoL X. First constantly 10 fragments dropped about every 2nd round, then came a couple of 5 fragment drops and yesterday evening I had two rounds one behind the other with 50 fragments. That was great luck I think and with them got 1st mag COTD dupe ;) what's your experience with that?

I've exclusively played Floor 8.

4 refills on Warrior (52 runs) yielded 220 fragments (2 drops were 50s).

4 refills on Magus (50 runs) yielded 135 fragments (0 drops of 50s).

So, about 3.5 fragments per run for me. But, it would be 2.5 per run without the two 50 drops.

And, regarding the subject of the event, I'm good with it. I had three Magus CotDs going into the event. Two as permanent fixtures on my roster (I love the character, despite his weaknesses), and one awaiting Sacrifice. But, I've been playing LoL a lot lately anyway for the shards, so I'm happy to just get extra Essence for the Vortex.

GotN
07-19-2017, 05:00 PM
It's a dupe character for me like last Wnbol event, can we keep fragment for a future blue event and same for Wnbol fragment?

Like always, they will get useless after event, just like immortal or wnbol soul fragments :( you can convert them and get precious soul fragments, but getting a great heart is very rare ime and who needs gold, so useless again.

blade685
07-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Like always, they will get useless after event, just like immortal or wnbol soul fragments :( you can convert them and get precious soul fragments, but getting a great heart is very rare ime and who needs gold, so useless again.

thanks another useless event for many players
it's so simple to do a "no dupe" event and they continue with that...

BonFire
07-19-2017, 06:23 PM
I've had 3 of those. But the magus soul that came with the talismans gave me my first Corrupt General.

Lulero
07-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Just wanna throw a "thank you!" to NF staff in there :)

Dank Brew
07-19-2017, 06:57 PM
Cool, BNW is coming soon. But what about night city? It's been advertised as "coming soon" since the game was released (at least since I started playing, which was shortly after the release...). Just saying/wondering... :)

MoonShadow
07-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Just want to say that I like the idea of fighting for getting for 100% a certain character. That was the way for having right now the warrior NBoL in my roster. But now, I must say that I somehow loathe this Magus CotD, not because of him personally, it's just because of the fact I got him in the same day, for three times in a row: one time from a Magus soul and two times from Legendary ones!! And that thing had pissed me off very much.

Liebhild
07-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Just want to say that I like the idea of fighting for getting for 100% a certain character.

Yeah, then you know, that you get 100% shit. With souls there is a chance of 0,00000000000000000000001 not to get shit.

GotN
07-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Yeah, then you know, that you get 100% shit. With souls there is a chance of 0,00000000000000000000001 not to get shit.

Hahaa, well spoken!
After getting cotd I didn't get any more fragments on LoL. So can it be that you can only get one of those stupid children???

Patrice-1201
07-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Hahaa, well spoken!
After getting cotd I didn't get any more fragments on LoL. So can it be that you can only get one of those stupid children???

No I got 2 ;-)

GotN
07-20-2017, 10:05 AM
No I got 2 ;-)

Oh man, are you kidding me NF? That really sucks! Got no fragments yesterday the whole day playing about 15 rounds LoL X and today trying again 3 rounds LoL VIII - X. Ticket please..... 😒

konstifik
07-20-2017, 10:08 AM
thanks another useless event for many players
it's so simple to do a "no dupe" event and they continue with that...

I reallt don't see the problem here. If you don't want Magus COTD, then ignore this event and play as you normally would. Not every event can be tailored to the wishes of long-time players.

MoonShadow
07-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Yeah, then you know, that you get 100% shit. With souls there is a chance of 0,00000000000000000000001 not to get shit.100% s**t to sacrifice, a least. ;)

I reallt don't see the problem here. If you don't want Magus COTD, then ignore this event and play as you normally would. Not every event can be tailored to the wishes of long-time players.Exactly. I don't want the character either, but I've played a couple of LoL's, I'm not sure I'll get the 200 needed.

MrFreeze
07-20-2017, 11:49 AM
I've played a bunch of different mobile games since getting a smart phone 5-6 years ago. Most were rpgs or those tcgs. They all had events, and all of those events had different tiers of rewards for different level players. An event is meant to spur excitement among the players, and revenue for the devs. By limiting events like this one, they're generating excitement for some, and probably not as much revenue as they'd like. I do however like that they're trying to approach things differently. I really think making a sentinel cotd and releasing that would have generated a lot more excitement. The model's already there, all they'd have to do is change the color and skills (I think, I'm not a programmer). There's plenty of characters that could be done with. Gunner or assassin angels. Gunner soulless demon. Sentinel troll. Etc.

aXe
07-20-2017, 11:55 AM
What's the minimum dungeon floor soul fragments have a chance to drop? So damn close to getting 2 achievements and time is running out.:(
Edit: Nevermind. Got them on the second floor.

BonFire
07-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Well, got my 4th M CotD. Through a rare soul.

GotN
07-21-2017, 12:20 AM
Well, got my 4th M CotD. Through a rare soul.

7.200 essence, not bad at all 😜