PDA

View Full Version : Battling the same peeps

Monte47
07-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Does anyone else only seem to battle the same twenty people? It makes me feel like a putz when I'm earning coin for arena store stuffs that I'm hitting the same folks over, and over.

HomemLivre
07-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Does anyone else only seem to battle the same twenty people? It makes me feel like a putz when I'm earning coin for arena store stuffs that I'm hitting the same folks over, and over.

Yeah, same people over and over.

ps: you inbox is full

Monte47
07-19-2017, 06:11 PM
Yeah, same people over and over.

ps: you inbox is full

Fixed. And yeah, I bet they are like, wtf is up with this chick battling me three times a day? Lol. Try in' to make dat coin😂

Patrice-1201
07-19-2017, 06:13 PM

same here but that is due to matchmaking of you are around the top 50 you can only really face the same folks all the time...

Bradata
07-19-2017, 07:27 PM
I don't think it's the matchmaking anymore, it's more like who is active at the moment too. For example, Nicko's tactic is to stay inactive during the day and just hit some people at night and then goes inactive again. Me on the other hand I clear 3-4 times the lists and can't move more than 50-100 points up because of everyone I attacked revenges me soon after my attack. :p
I've read many complains on the forum about this but it seems like the devs will not do anything soon.

calizario
07-19-2017, 07:56 PM
I don't think it's the matchmaking anymore, it's more like who is active at the moment too. For example, Nicko's tactic is to stay inactive during the day and just hit some people at night and then goes inactive again. Me on the other hand I clear 3-4 times the lists and can't move more than 50-100 points up because of everyone I attacked revenges me soon after my attack. :p
I've read many complains on the forum about this but it seems like the devs will not do anything soon.

stay in the shadows mate !!!

Bradata
07-19-2017, 07:58 PM
stay in the shadows mate !!!

Addicted :cool:

IceManFerrar
07-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Lol, same here. People attack me, I revenge if they are higher ranked, they revenge back, the cycle goes on till we reach our revenge limit for each other, and then move on to the next peep, lol!

Bradata, Cyburion, Dave Murray, Carlos, and I have all been going at it back and forth this week. It is just a game and we are all having fun, but the lists are definitely screwed up. Each time I refresh, I get just one or two different people, or very low ranked players whom I just don't have the heart to attack.

Like Bradata, I am addicted as well.

Sorry if I have upset anyone with all the attacks...just trying my best to stay in top 25 because I know I will drop drastically on Saturday during the usual rush when I cannot play.

Bradata
07-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Lol, same here. People attack me, I revenge if they are higher ranked, they revenge back, the cycle goes on till we reach our revenge limit for each other, and then move on to the next peep, lol!

Bradata, Cyburion, Dave Murray, Carlos, and I have all been going at it back and forth this week. It is just a game and we are all having fun, but the lists are definitely screwed up. Each time I refresh, I get just one or two different people, or very low ranked players whom I just don't have the heart to attack.

Like Bradata, I am addicted as well.

Sorry if I have upset anyone with all the attacks...just trying my best to stay in top 25 because I know I will drop drastically on Saturday during the usual rush when I cannot play.

Same like you, Saturday 4 hours before the reset I CAN'T play :mad:
The whole week I can manage to stay top 10 but Saturday is killing me! I see the same names you listed above and I can feel that some players probably hate my guts big time;)
Hoping devs are gonna do something about the lists soon.

IceManFerrar
07-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Same like you, Saturday 4 hours before the reset I CAN'T play :mad:
The whole week I can manage to stay top 10 but Saturday is killing me! I see the same names you listed above and I can feel that some players probably hate my guts big time;)
Hoping devs are gonna do something about the lists soon.

Lol, matchmaking lists suck for sure, and I guess we are expected to just live with it along with the other bugs.

That being said, it is nice to play guys like you who have integrity and do not revenge holds...there are some other folks who will revenge holds and it absolutely ticks me off. If someone gets held by my defense team and are then successful on the 2nd attempt, I will only revenge the successful attempt. Sucks though when the favor is not returned. Oh well, Chaosego888 complained about the same thing, so I guess I am not the only one who encounters those who don't share the same principles.

Cheers Bradata, see you in the Arena...I'm coming after ya! :)

Bradata
07-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Lol, matchmaking lists suck for sure, and I guess we are expected to just live with it along with the other bugs.

That being said, it is nice to play guys like you who have integrity and do not revenge holds...there are some other folks who will revenge holds and it absolutely ticks me off. If someone gets held by my defense team and are then successful on the 2nd attempt, I will only revenge the successful attempt. Sucks though when the favor is not returned. Oh well, Chaosego888 complained about the same thing, so I guess I am not the only one who encounters those who don't share the same principles.

Cheers, Ice! I've tried so many different defenses and none of them can hold shit... maybe because I use all the "broken" characters we have to play with, thanks to all the nerfs the devs are serving us with each new update :eek:

Monte47
07-19-2017, 09:56 PM

Your point here is why I always feel blergh about my lists. Someone will lose to me, then I flip to "attack" and there they are on my list. I don't do revenge holds, but I'm sure it seems like I do.

IceManFerrar
07-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Cheers, Ice! I've tried so many different defenses and none of them can hold shit... maybe because I use all the "broken" characters we have to play with, thanks to all the nerfs the devs are serving us with each new update :eek:

Dude, your new defense is awesome. You just now showed up on my list (yet again) and I lost to you the first time around...wow, barely got a turn in. I then had to think hard about my attack team the 2nd time around and managed to get a win.

I was laughing all the way at how your defense team synergized so well with each other and made mincemeat out of my team! Respect indeed, stick to this defense, it rocks!

Cheers...I will expect the customary revenge after the reset, lol!

Bradata
07-19-2017, 10:51 PM
Dude, your new defense is awesome. You just now showed up on my list (yet again) and I lost to you the first time around...wow, barely got a turn in. I then had to think hard about my attack team the 2nd time around and managed to get a win.

I was laughing all the way at how your defense team synergized so well with each other and made mincemeat out of my team! Respect indeed, stick to this defense, it rocks!

Cheers...I will expect the customary revenge after the reset, lol!

Silentknight actually gave me a hint of the defense set that I have now but I am sure it will be very weak against a Magus team ;)
I noticed that if the AI plays with a little intelligence as it should be playing our defenses will have a higher hold % for everyone.
But it is what it is.
Cheers!

MoonShadow
07-20-2017, 06:37 AM
It is annoying to play against same peeps, for sure, sometimes it seems that we are just a few hundred playing the Arena. The strange fact is that I seem to meet the same peeps anywhere from where I’m ranked, in the first 100 or somewhere in the 500s.

But what is really the most annoying fact, is losing against same people…. just joking now… but I want to say that I admire how beautifully crafted defenses I met these last days, trying to stay in the top 100.

Hats off for you, guys!

Nicko
07-20-2017, 04:48 PM

Ha! Yeah, my technique is called "A job" ;). There WAS a point where it made no sense to even play your free SoW if you weren't attacking someone above you - fortunately that no longer seems to be the case.

Will occasionally squeeze in a fight or two at work though.

The Hold philosophy in this discussion is interesting.

Personally, whether I revenge anyone has absolutely nothing to do with whether I Hold them or not. If you're above me you're getting revenged - simple as that. It's just smart playing. Frankly, I love when if someone above me revenges me if I'm Held by their defense - it's another chance to attack someone above me. Revenging someone below you? Makes no sense to me...

So for those higher than me who revenge Holds - revenge on!

DaveMurray
07-21-2017, 07:52 AM
The lists are definitely screwed. I get the same names over and over again.
For example i am trying the whole week to find JAWolf and Andinho. No matter how many times i refreshed i can't find them. They didn't attack me either the whole week so i guess i am never on their lists too.
There are other ones too f.e. caliza that attack a lot but i barely see them on my lists.
Also another thing that annoys me is that, since i am only attacking for 16 points and above i refresh a lot but 8 out of 10 lists have players with less points than me.

I don't like revenging any attack, hell if they completely remove revenge i will be glad but unfortunately there is no other way to retain a high place if you don't do it. I don't revenge my troopers though on Saturday, except gmac who will win anyway. :p
Sorry if anyone is mad with me, my trooper or not, but i will just revenge if i can get 16+ points.

konstifik
07-21-2017, 08:06 AM
I refresh a lot but 8 out of 10 lists have players with less points than me.

When you refresh the lists manually you'll get easier opponents compared to when you clear the whole list or the list auto-refresh.

DaveMurray
07-21-2017, 08:12 AM
When you refresh the lists manually you'll get easier opponents compared to when you clear the whole list or the list auto-refresh.

Yeah i know but still not even one close to me that will get me 16 points is annoying.

MoonShadow
07-21-2017, 08:18 AM
For example i am trying the whole week to find JAWolf and Andinho. No matter how many times i refreshed i can't find them. They didn't attack me either the whole week so i guess i am never on their lists too.There is a thread regarding the two.... "suspects" in the Arena: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8518-Some-top-10-players-went-invisible-again :)

DaveMurray
07-21-2017, 08:23 AM
There is a thread regarding the two.... "suspects" in the Arena: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8518-Some-top-10-players-went-invisible-again :)

Thanks for mentioning, i posted there too.

MoonShadow
07-21-2017, 08:28 AM
Thanks for mentioning, i posted there too.Kindly. I noticed that after I was posting the link here. :)