PDA

View Full Version : Book of Souls Legendary Event - GUARANTEED Legendary Fragments from Rare Souls!

Sparton_LOTB
07-21-2017, 07:01 PM
The second leg of the Book of Souls tour is coming to a close, and to help celebrate the end of the tour, every basic Rare Soul you open will give you 5 Legendary Soul Fragments!

From July 21st, 12 PM PDT to July 29th, 5 PM PDT, every Rare Soul you open in the Book of Souls, regardless of where you earned it (Skull Quests, bought from Store, earned from Sacrifice, etc) will give you 5 Legendary Soul Fragments. That means for every 20 Rare Souls you open, you’ll be able to trade in 100 Legendary Soul Fragments for a Legendary Soul, which guarantees a 4 to 5 star character of ANY class!

In addition, for the duration of the event, all Rare Soul packages in the store give you double the quantity of Rare Souls, allowing you more chances for those high-rarity characters while also getting you to 100 Legendary Soul Fragments quicker!

Important: The Legendary Soul Fragments are only earned from using “Rare Souls”. Rare Magus Souls, Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, Anniversary Souls, etc will not yield fragments when used.

Also, if you were already in the game when the event starts, please restart the app to ensure you will have event data (if you see the deal in the store for more souls, you’re good to go).

R1ck
07-21-2017, 07:21 PM
I like new events, but RNG is just BS. Bought a pack with 20 souls and got only 1 4* toon, which of course was a dupe. All the rest 3* toons.
On the positive side, the legendary soul gave me an assassin troll which I didn't have before.
How many souls to open to get the green bitch 😁

Hypnos
07-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Awful deal. I won't be buying rare soul packs just for a change at a sentinel sparton demon. One of my buddies suggested rare souls farmable from LoL, but since this is taking place at the weekend and they only ever drop every blue moon, I said it wouldn't be a very good farming strategy.

Cmon, give us long term players something worthwhile to actually play for, please!

Digitalblaze
07-21-2017, 08:39 PM
I don't buy any of the promo nonsense that's spammed at us on mass, yet after seeing as its ment to be the anniversary month with supposed "increased chances of summoning ect"
I thought id try my luck...70k trooper points blown on red souls for 2x dupe wickerman.
about 40 souls prior to this now double event for nothing now I finally caved and thought ok...so 20 souls later after for NOTHING ..WHY? did you increase the decrease rate you bastards?
this game is nothing but a f#cki@g poker machine feed real monies in to be drip feed garbage and bullshit...and as for the legendary soul just another piece of nothing so this was for naught?
or just so you can take from both the left and right pockets. We pay and we play and get rewarded with SMOKE SCREENS AND MIRRORS ....well no more ill keep my 5-6 hrs plus a day and get more music production out...definitely have plenty
ammo for lyrics regarding thieving gaming companies that justify rorting their player base to line their own pockets ....you and your company are the real CORRUPT generals here

NEW CONTENT ? NO
FIXED BUGS? NO
BALANCED PVP ? NO
ERRORS ON ERRORS? YES!
SO ARE WE PAYING FOR BETA? YES!

a lot can happen in a year but not night city or bnw or fixing bugs....
nope we just pass the charity plate around and add another gimmick to the game
mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tridimensionale
07-21-2017, 08:40 PM
Events are welcome of course.... but an ETA for BNW ? i m really tired of endlessly farming

Monte47
07-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Me and my SO are having fun with this event. Thanks for something to counter the COTD that long time players didn't need.

Also, thank you for not tweaking toons on this last update, thanks for interacting, and thanks for not vanishing us old fags for our bitching. We forget that more than 200 people play this game, and we can be a pain in the ass.

That said, MOAR NEW CONTENT!😂

Cheers

gmac
07-21-2017, 09:25 PM
Hi Sparton

Just did a lv 6 sacrifice that gave me 50 rare souls.

Does lv 7 sacrifice have a change of 50 GA souls like in anniversary week?

Cheers
gmac

Sparton_LOTB
07-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Just did a lv 6 sacrifice that gave me 50 rare souls.

Does lv 7 sacrifice have a change of 50 GA souls like in anniversary week?

The Sacrifice Changes that were done with the June 28th Missions Update (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6470) were a long term adjustment to the game, so yes, 50 Rare Gun/Assassin Souls are possible from a tier VII sacrifice.

Ezz
07-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Just did a lvl 6 sacrifice and got one legendary soul. Is that supposed to be able to happen?

Cashed in a 5 star character with six 4 star characters and a few 3 stars - and I end up with one 4 star dupe?

I don't complain about rng I mean u win some u lose some I get it. But one legendary soul for all those toons does not seem like an adequate reward.

Askora
07-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Just did a lvl 6 sacrifice and got one legendary soul. Is that supposed to be able to happen?

Cashed in a 5 star character with six 4 star characters and a few 3 stars - and I end up with one 4 star dupe?

I don't complain about rng I mean u win some u lose some I get it. But one legendary soul for all those toons does not seem like an adequate reward.

Doing better than me, well maybe. Two tier 6 sacrifices. Sacrifice #1 I get 2 skill shards. Sacrifice #2 I get 2 skill shards. And from sacrificing 29 rare souls, I've managed to pull about 3 AoS dupes. The one Legendary I got was a (wait for it) ...

Angel of Strife

On the plus side, I don't remember what defense of yours I faced, but you can be sure if I face it today it's bound to beat me. I think I've won the coin toss twice, and had my team counter twice. Every other time, it's my team is stripped of all buffs and all but annihilated before/if I ever get a turn.

DIEDD
07-21-2017, 11:09 PM

Same here, 4 assassins characters (4 stars) and a sacrifice heart (5 stars). Level VI sacrifice = 1 legendary soul.
I find it a little unbalanced ...

Witkacy
07-22-2017, 09:48 AM
Mornin' all :)

So... This IS that event for the long term players I've read lately here? I am confused, really...

Thanks for the offer, though... Another ''event'' about buying... Buy rare souls, or buy ironities to buy rare souls, and you've got a chance to ''win'' legendary dupe?

Great deal... I won't be participating much, but I am happy that others will do for sure...

Have a nice weekend, everyone! :)

Cheers,

W

P.S.: @ Devs... With this one you really pissed me off... I ended playing yesterday at 6 PM local time, waking up today about 8 AM, checking tablet - see popup that my sands of time has been replenished and the other one... About the time to speak with Shaman again - reminding me to PLAY your game, right? But for Chist' sake! How many hours has passed to remind me about it, even NOT one whole day! What you guys thinking out there, really? I read it as VERY aggressive marketing of yours and complete rapacity! Play MORE, MORE, don't stop! No eat, no sleep no rest - we want you play and your money! Thats how's it looks like... I KNOW what to do, and I KNOW I need to play, yet I play when I have the time or willing to, besides have my other duties in real life like everybody... You DON'T pay me to play your game all bloody day long, do you? No... You expect me to pay you... But don't be so aggressive with it! It works completely opposite... You're not encouraging me to play this way... I warn you - one more time see such aggressive reminder (while I don't want to shut them completely not to miss something) within barely few hours of me no playing, and I will free you of needing to reminding me about anything...

Hypnos
07-22-2017, 11:43 AM
Cheers,

W

hey mate, you can turn off notifications if it is bothering you. There are bigger problems with the game than this :)

Witkacy
07-22-2017, 02:02 PM
hey mate, you can turn off notifications if it is bothering you. There are bigger problems with the game than this :)

Hi, Hypnos :)

I know I can turn them off my friend, yet I am NOT gonna do that - for one simple reason - they are quite useful - like I said before - I don't want to miss something...

Hell, I have nothing against them in general, you know... This what is bothering me though is the FREQUENCY of they seem to appear... The game should very well know (contacting with the base servers somewhere) that I am playing daily, apart of lockdowns and stuff happening... So there's NO NEED to remind me to log and play... If I couldn't play for couple of days - then - YES - go ahead - Hey, Witkacy little reminder - you seem to miss that your troopers miss your badges and so do you (hopefully)... But couple of hours!? Why is it set that way? Because of panic of somebody @ NF due to fall back potential customers?

So please, change it... Sending them due of absent of playing 2-3 days seems OK, but not couple of hours... This is NOT acceptable to me...

Cheers,

W

MrFreeze
07-22-2017, 02:08 PM
These things should be called promotions instead of events. This isn't an event, it's an incentive to spend. There should be some kind of gameplay aspect to it if it's going to be called an event. Remember that Halloween map? What happened to stuff like that?

slauki
07-22-2017, 02:37 PM
These things should be called promotions instead of events. This isn't an event, it's an incentive to spend. There should be some kind of gameplay aspect to it if it's going to be called an event. Remember that Halloween map? What happened to stuff like that?

exactly my thoughts man. sparton 300/500 was an event and the immortal souls were also a hell of an event. even the get character xyz from farming LOL is an event but the others were really "buy some stuff for better odds" deals...

so i would also like to ask you guys to do something that motivates us to grind more. like a skillshard event or a legendary souls event or some rare talisman event where we can grind LOL or maybe even something similar like the special helloween level back in october. man i belive this was the last PVE content we saw. quite sad about that.

but OTOH the game is much better now than months before. sacrifice and fragments were necessary and good to spice up the game and to make real events really enjoyable. so let's hope we will get something great soon...

T-Man
07-22-2017, 03:23 PM
The Sacrifice Changes that were done with the June 28th Missions Update (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6470) were a long term adjustment to the game, so yes, 50 Rare Gun/Assassin Souls are possible from a tier VII sacrifice.

Did my first tier VII sacrifice last night and got 5 skill shards. 3 Carriage Riders were part of this sacrifice. Guess what my Legendary Soul achievement soul drop was? Yes another CR.

I'm very happy to get the skill shards, but it would have been nice for some souls to drop with them. A tier VII sacrifice takes a very long time, several natural 4* and 5* toons leveled up, and a heck of a lot of resources to achieve. Would have been nice to a have a chance at some toons in return along with the skill shards.

Don't think I would do this tier again unless their was a significant achievement or something for it. More bang for the buck at tiers 5-6.

Ezz
07-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Did my first tier VII sacrifice last night and got 5 skill shards. 3 Carriage Riders were part of this sacrifice. Guess what my Legendary Soul achievement soul drop was? Yes another CR.

I'm very happy to get the skill shards, but it would have been nice for some souls to drop with them. A tier VII sacrifice takes a very long time, several natural 4* and 5* toons leveled up, and a heck of a lot of resources to achieve. Would have been nice to a have a chance at some toons in return along with the skill shards.

Don't think I would do this tier again unless their was a significant achievement or something for it. More bang for the buck at tiers 5-6.

5 skill shards is a great reward. IMO - anything above lvl 5 sacrifice needs to give at least one guaranteed skill shard. Something tangible for all that is sacraficed - not just more souls to gamble with and continue the sacrifice cycle. Most folks getting to that level of sacrafice have stacked rosters already or they would not be willing to let go of those toons.

Pretty sure I won't bother going above lvl 5 again - not if there is a chance at one legendary soul or a few reg souls. Just not worth it especially considering there is only one or two characters left in the game I would actually want. My roster is full - now I need skill shards not more dupes.

Sidney
07-22-2017, 04:20 PM

I got only 5 skill shards for my Tier VII sacrifice. That is friggin nonsense!!! (Friggin is not the word I'm using in my head, but will use it in the forum!!) You work so long to build up to that sacrifice and you get slapped in the face for your efforts. So many things need fixed with this game that I'm sure NF isn't exactly sure where to start. Having a BS "event" like this is not the answer. 20 Rare souls = 1 guaranteed 4-5* character??? Are you kidding me? Drop 20 souls in the book of souls and I'm pretty sure you'll pick up more than one 4*... possibly even a 5*. I'm not playing this so called event. I haven't even been contacted by customer service regarding the 4 or 5 achievements I completed where I didn't get credit because of a bug. Now they fixed the bug and I guess I just have to waste the SoT and more importantly... "My time" to do them again. I've spent money on this game over the past year and I can tell you I'm very close to uninstalling it from all my devices. Offer something worthwhile that people can earn with playing the game and not just with their wallets. This is really turning more into a Pay to Win and I won't take part in that.

*** Fix bugs
*** New Content
*** Less nonsense events
*** Make the game more time efficient (You know what I'm talking about as I'v brought it up several times in the past)
*** Sacrifice needs serious attention

I could keep going but I'll stop here...

slauki
07-22-2017, 04:25 PM

i think level 6 is the sweet spot. you can get nice loot 50% of the time (up to 20 g/a and 50 rare souls) and 50% raggy loot (2 skills or 1-2 legendarys).
no point in making level 7 since you will get raggy loot 2/3 of the time (skills and legendarys) and the jackpot only 1/3 of the time. if you take into account how hard it is to get a level 7 sacrifice it's really a joke imo. seems to be proportional. instead of 2 skills and 20 g/a for 20k yoiu get 5 skills or 50 g/a for 50k. but it's exponentially more difficult to get tier 7 so this is a big flaw...you can make a tier 7 maybe once in 4-6 months.
i really hope they rewards will be more equal in value one day. shouldn't be that hard to fix it i think and would prevent a lot of frustration....

Nekroliun
07-22-2017, 04:32 PM
I got only 5 skill shards for my Tier VII sacrifice. That is friggin nonsense!!! (Friggin is not the word I'm using in my head, but will use it in the forum!!) You work so long to build up to that sacrifice and you get slapped in the face for your efforts. So many things need fixed with this game that I'm sure NF isn't exactly sure where to start. Having a BS "event" like this is not the answer. 20 Rare souls = 1 guaranteed 4-5* character??? Are you kidding me? Drop 20 souls in the book of souls and I'm pretty sure you'll pick up more than one 4*... possibly even a 5*. I'm not playing this so called event. I haven't even been contacted by customer service regarding the 4 or 5 achievements I completed where I didn't get credit because of a bug. Now they fixed the bug and I guess I just have to waste the SoT and more importantly... "My time" to do them again. I've spent money on this game over the past year and I can tell you I'm very close to uninstalling it from all my devices. Offer something worthwhile that people can earn with playing the game and not just with their wallets. This is really turning more into a Pay to Win and I won't take part in that.

*** Fix bugs
*** New Content
*** Less nonsense events
*** Make the game more time efficient (You know what I'm talking about as I'v brought it up several times in the past)
*** Sacrifice needs serious attention

I could keep going but I'll stop here...

Also happened to me when i sac'ed some of my 5* eddies that i dont care about, got skill shards, not a problem since i need them for rainmaker, but with the the tier 7 i also got myself a vortex fill, which netted me another 5 skill shards and 10 assassin souls, no 4*s or 5*s ofc :)

Funny that i got 3 skill shards in the past day, from skull quests, so i guess I technically did an ultimate sac?

Other than that, i can say the game is pretty free to play for me, the immortal (or was it called somehing else) shards where a great help for free players (got my rainmaker from it!) and the events while grindy and stuff like that help you become better, but i have to say this event is total Bullshit, 20 rare souls, for 1 legendary green bomber boy?!? What a deal bois! Never gotten anything except from a legend except green bomber bois for some reason, i can complain about that roight?

Other than that i am trying to play this game more. Shit event

I give it a green bomber boi/10

Praise Nekro

Sidney
07-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Also happened to me when i sac'ed some of my 5* eddies that i dont care about, got skill shards, not a problem since i need them for rainmaker, but with the the tier 7 i also got myself a vortex fill, which netted me another 5 skill shards and 10 assassin souls, no 4*s or 5*s ofc :)

Funny that i got 3 skill shards in the past day, from skull quests, so i guess I technically did an ultimate sac?

Other than that, i can say the game is pretty free to play for me, the immortal (or was it called somehing else) shards where a great help for free players (got my rainmaker from it!) and the events while grindy and stuff like that help you become better, but i have to say this event is total Bullshit, 20 rare souls, for 1 legendary green bomber boy?!? What a deal bois! Never gotten anything except from a legend except green bomber bois for some reason, i can complain about that roight?

Other than that i am trying to play this game more. Shit event

I give it a green bomber boi/10

Praise Nekro

I agree... it's pretty much free to play for me as well except when the events come around and you feel the need to buy more and more ironite to get the new toons (and have a better chance of getting it... :-) ). I have collected most of the toons I wanted over the past year. I suppose what I was referring to is the talismans that are in the store that you can't earn in the game. They offer a big advantage for players but only if you buy them... Other than that you just have to wait for BNW if it ever gets here.

Sacrifice really does need to get fixed though... Slauki pointed out the "Sweet Spot" so maybe that's what I'll target until the rest of it gets sorted out.

Witkacy
07-22-2017, 04:57 PM
i think level 6 is the sweet spot. you can get nice loot 50% of the time (up to 20 g/a and 50 rare souls) and 50% raggy loot (2 skills or 1-2 legendarys).
no point in making level 7 since you will get raggy loot 2/3 of the time (skills and legendarys) and the jackpot only 1/3 of the time. if you take into account how hard it is to get a level 7 sacrifice it's really a joke imo. seems to be proportional. instead of 2 skills and 20 g/a for 20k yoiu get 5 skills or 50 g/a for 50k. but it's exponentially more difficult to get tier 7 so this is a big flaw...you can make a tier 7 maybe once in 4-6 months.
i really hope they rewards will be more equal in value one day. shouldn't be that hard to fix it i think and would prevent a lot of frustration....

Slauki :)

I did Tier VI sacrifice two days ago - before ''legendary'' event came out so no bonus... I wouldn't call it ''sweet spot'' or ''nice loot'' at the end:

This was droppped:

50 Rare Souls
10 Gun/Assassin Ones
1 Legendary
4 Skillshards

1 Legendary - 4* Green Harpy! Yay! - Great Toon and not dupe!
10 G/A - all 3*...
50 Rare... *** Drum Roll *** 1 4* Character (Allied Bomber Boy) the rest 3* out of 50!!! Souls... So what are the chances to get 5* from those and how many I need to open them up... 300? 400 at the same time? I think I've done with sacrificing... Not because I regret those few good I had, to get very little in comparing... 5 Eddies Lvl 100 (some 4*, some 3*) and 4 toons Lvl 100 (some with skillshards)... But because this is waaay to much time and resources conuming to spend in that kind of gamble... This time totally NOT worth doing...

Cheers,

W

Aristo4
07-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Tier 6 IS the best you can do, relatively cheap compared to Tier 7, and as Slauki said 4 possible rewards, 2 nice, 2 crappy.

50 rare souls: great
15 g/a: great
2 skillshards : crap
1 legendary: crap

that someone opens the souls and finds/doesn't find something good inside or if they are dupes is another story, irrelevant in the discussion if tier 6 is good or not.

greetings,

A

Monte47
07-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Hahahahahahahhahahhahahahahaahhahahahhahahahahhaha hahahahhahahhahhahahha

Tier IV sacrifice.... one legendary soul..... wait for it.... Pharoah Dog. Rofl! Not even the Pharoah Dog King😂 My sides. One soul for that. Lolol

slauki
07-22-2017, 09:19 PM

I did Tier VI sacrifice two days ago - before ''legendary'' event came out so no bonus... I wouldn't call it ''sweet spot'' or ''nice loot'' at the end:

This was droppped:

50 Rare Souls
10 Gun/Assassin Ones
1 Legendary
4 Skillshards

10 G/A - all 3*...
50 Rare... *** Drum Roll *** 1 4* Character (Allied Bomber Boy) the rest 3* out of 50!!! Souls... So what are the chances to get 5* from those and how many I need to open them up... 300? 400 at the same time? I think I've done with sacrificing... Not because I regret those few good I had, to get very little in comparing... 5 Eddies Lvl 100 (some 4*, some 3*) and 4 toons Lvl 100 (some with skillshards)... But because this is waaay to much time and resources conuming to spend in that kind of gamble... This time totally NOT worth doing...

Cheers,

W

Witkacy :-)

don't be too resultsoriented my firend. 50 rare souls are a great drop. how many real time do you need to farm them in LOL and SQ? maybe one year? and compare 2 skillshards how many time do you need to farm them? 2-3 days on average. similar story for 20 g/a souls.

so the 20 g/a and 50 rares are clearly the sweetspot. what you get from them is a whole different story. please don't confuse that.

sincerley yours,

S

ps: always look at the bright side of life :-)

Sidney
07-23-2017, 12:15 AM

This was droppped:

50 Rare Souls
10 Gun/Assassin Ones
1 Legendary
4 Skillshards

10 G/A - all 3*...

Cheers,

W

Oh my Head!!! I would kill for a drop like that!!!

T-Man
07-23-2017, 01:15 AM
5 skill shards is a great reward. IMO - anything above lvl 5 sacrifice needs to give at least one guaranteed skill shard. Something tangible for all that is sacraficed - not just more souls to gamble with and continue the sacrifice cycle. Most folks getting to that level of sacrafice have stacked rosters already or they would not be willing to let go of those toons.

Pretty sure I won't bother going above lvl 5 again - not if there is a chance at one legendary soul or a few reg souls. Just not worth it especially considering there is only one or two characters left in the game I would actually want. My roster is full - now I need skill shards not more dupes.

I'm happy to get the shards. No doubt about it. However imo, the reward should be even greater given the cost.

T-Man
07-23-2017, 01:18 AM

Well said. I completely agree.

T-Man
07-23-2017, 01:22 AM

This was droppped:

50 Rare Souls
10 Gun/Assassin Ones
1 Legendary
4 Skillshards

10 G/A - all 3*...

Cheers,

W

And there it is. That's a better drop than my tier 7 hands down. 1 less skill shard plus 71 souls! Sorry for the rotten luck on the drops though.

IceManFerrar
07-23-2017, 04:11 AM
Hahahahahahahhahahhahahahahaahhahahahhahahahahhaha hahahahhahahhahhahahha

Tier IV sacrifice.... one legendary soul..... wait for it.... Pharoah Dog. Rofl! Not even the Pharoah Dog King😂 My sides. One soul for that. Lolol

Lol, I joined your club...Pharaoh Dog (not King) for me as well. Sheesh!!!

Monte47
07-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Lol, I joined your club...Pharaoh Dog (not King) for me as well. Sheesh!!!

This irked me the more I thought about it. I literally got 1 shit soul for all those 4 and 5 stars. Lol.

nuclear1250
07-23-2017, 05:33 PM
I just did 20 rare souls, got nothing from them.

Used the legendary soul...

... I got Corrupt General.

Looks like legendary souls aren't such a waste then.

bort
07-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Did 40 rare souls, two A/G souls, and the two legendary souls.

Got sentinel pyro, warrior pyro, assassin pyro (right after each other, too, gg rng).

Also got 4* gunner LoL guy and a hellhound.

I have enough for a tier IV sacrifice, but just barely, and I'm not sure I want to dump all of my high star dupes and end up with 1 skill shard :(

mk ultra
07-25-2017, 06:59 PM
I have done 4 level VI sacrifices in a row and all gave me 2 skill shards... i can do 2 more but i'm afraid i get the same reward. Also, from many level vi sacrifice just one time i got souls, 15ga. .... and i got souls when they were guaranteed during events

mk ultra
07-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Also, i bought 100 rare souls and i finally got a nomad and a samurai eddie. Now i only need the prisoner, wrath and gunner rescuer

Dank Brew
07-26-2017, 06:51 PM
I used about 25 rare souls and a legendary, got 2 CR eddie, and a visions eddie, the rest were dupes. Finally got more eddies!