PDA

View Full Version : Sharded eddies?

Browno
07-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Whi have most eddies sharded? Which are maxed and why? Did you have any order or just thought youbliked the char? I currently have 8 eddies maxed and most of the are gunner type. I think my first eddie was rtth followed by tailgunner. Aftee a while i had 1 eddie from all classes ezcept from magus so finished him. Then i just thought gunners were fun and began to max them :)
I have cyborg, tailgunner, navigator, vampire hunter, grim reaper, rtth, samurai and pharaoh.

aXe
07-22-2017, 01:04 PM
Fear of The Dark is the only Eddie I have fully sharded. Really it was just because he was the best one I had for a very long time. He's become one of my three favourites though, even with all the choice I have now. He's my PvP Eddie. I tend to use Storm and Viking for PvE and most of my other shards went in Storm due to him buffing my magic damage toons.

Witkacy
07-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Afternoon everyone :)

Not so many so far, due to the fact that every Eddie ''eats'' a lot of skillshards and since they are NOT so common and still no option to get them being removable in case of any ''mistakes'' (read: nerfs), I always preffered to shard other toons than Eddies...

Though when I do max them - I follow some strategy - 1. Max the one which is the best I currently have (that was at the beginning - Carriage Rider)

2. The one might be useful in PvP (Viking)

3. The one might be useful in general: Farming/PvP - Navigator

4. Beloved ones - Certainly Cyborg (work in progress)

Problem is that I've got to many Eddies lately (apart Navigator, Cyborg, Shaman and Mystic) I've got today ''Rambo Eddie'' as someone called him here - so I can't really make up my mind who be the next - yet I might go the Gunner Trail again...

Cheers,

W

Nekroliun
07-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Still no fully sharded eddies, but i did spendball of the campaign shards on a 3* SoL that i got from a regular soul... on first day... got lucky with skills, leach and pilfer were untouched and all others where fully upgraded.

Other than that, im trying to max rainmaker (yep)... currently need 24 shards and hes maxed!

satani
07-24-2017, 08:38 AM
well, i "only" have the mystic eddie and cyborg fully sharded on my 2nd account, as for most eddies (vampire hunter, rainmaker, eternity, shaman) the moves, i use, are sharded and the ones i don't use, have only one or two shards.

As for toons, i got some max sharded (pyro soldier, corrupt rescuers and the clavoyant)

TiHa
07-24-2017, 08:50 AM
I personally only have 2 fully sharded Eddies and thoes are my favorite Cyborg which I use in PvE and PVP offense and my Pharaoh, because he is my PvP defence Eddie.

Got 25 skillshards and am discussing with myself if I should shard Mystic, or Grim Reaper Eddie or just keep them for toons.

Kardas
07-24-2017, 09:26 AM
My first ever Sharded Eddie was Mummy. Back in the day, he was the best I had (other than GRE I guess). He still gets to exercise in the Magus LoL these days, though my (unsharded) FotD is looking at usurping his spot there.
I sharded Navigator a few months after, and he's been an excellent for grinding in PVE. He also fares decently in PVP.
I've also partially Sharded GRE (22/28) because I needed a magus Eddie and he does pretty good in the Arena. He's incomplete but all the important Skills are Maxed on him. Plus he does great in the Warrior LoL.
I use Pharaoh and Visions quite a lot in the Arena, but they don't need Skill Shards that much, so Sharding them is strictly a long-term prospect. Right now I'm looking at Sharding Cyborg or Vampire Hunter, both for Arena purposes (though VHE will perform excellently in the Gunner LoL dungeon I suspect)

Browno
07-24-2017, 11:41 AM
With all skills on eddies i think that you get 4 characters in 1 which i think is great, and you can play without toons but nit without eddies :)

R1ck
07-24-2017, 12:11 PM
I only have fully sharded 2 Eddies, SOL which was my main Eddie on attack untill he was nerfed, his healing main reason. And lately Cyborg which is my main Eddie now and no regret it. He's good for farming and in PVP.
My GRE is partially sharded but the ones he has are in the proper attacks, will not spend more shards on him.
At the beginning I spend some shards on Holly, wickerman, soldier and CR.
Looking forward to put some shards on Navigator.

DIEDD
07-24-2017, 12:47 PM
I have 6 fully sharded eddies which are: samurai, CR, tailgunner, cyborg, rainmaker and aces high.
I hope that in the future it is worth maximizing aces, due to the rework in his abilities that the devs promised.

Browno
07-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Certainly looks like gunner eddies are the most popular amongst all that have participated in this thread :)

scott-5496
07-24-2017, 03:18 PM
I will need to check but for me first was Samurai as he was a hard hitting dude for me and I had a red team for PVE (still missing a couple but he is fine to use!). I still rely on him a lot but now I have a fully sharded Viking that is used a lot too (PVP defence and PVE - good skill set on defence and for PVE. I also have a fully sharded Eternity (not used him much due to lack of time to see what he can do) and also my old favourite Carriage Rider that I used at the same time as Samurai. Early on in PVE I used my sharded Mummy but he is on the bench at the moment as is VE and he had a few on him too.

Early on I also put a fair few on Eddie - don't use him much now!

Sag7272
07-24-2017, 07:42 PM
Personally began sharding Eddies only for PvP since they need many & you can easily interchange some built allys instead...
Now I still mostly do this with exception of my Rainmaker which I've built only to have a cool "flagship Eddie" as a champ (I know it's kinda weird said that way)
All in all in build order..
-Mummy
-GRE
-Rainmaker
-Navigator
Could had built my Viking but he never fitted well in my strategies..
... Well that's all, I'm even surprised myself by how few I've built!

Sidney
07-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Fully Sharded so far:

Shaman
Carriage Rider
Grim Reaper
Navigator

Thinking of doing Viking and Eternity next... guess we'll see. Eddies take so many more than the other toons.

Peppoah
07-24-2017, 10:32 PM
Hi browno,
Nice thread.
My first fully sharded Eddie was the Soldier. It took almost an eternity back in the day, which was some time in fall last year. That was before Soldier Eddie got nerfed. He was my everyday work horse for a very long time. In the beginning of the game, I didn't really know what to do with the trooper points. I mostly bought souls. The skillshards I put randomly in chars or eddies. I put some in Wickerman Eddie and Holy Smoke. As I progressed, I fully sharded the allied soldier, red pyro and SSD. The second Eddie that I finished was Holy Smoke, what I never regretted. He is so powerful if used right. I still use him a lot in PVP. He likes to kill Vikings! The third Eddie was the Tailgunner, who became my workhorse for farming. I first saw him from my trooper FallenAngel and was so impressed that I had to shard him ASAP. When the arena opened, I sharded the Mummy. Then came the GR. The last Eddie, I finished was the Almighty Wickerman Eddie! He had some shards on him from BITD, so he only needed 11 more. I stole most of my setup from my fellow trooper ZDM, which works out great. He is so useful in the arena now.
My next projects are Non-Eddie chars, although Viking, Aces High, Mystic, VH and Shaman are waiting for shards.
It seems like you have the ones sharded that I didn't or don't have.
Greets, Pepp

slash1424
07-25-2017, 12:05 PM
I only have 2 so far. Soldier and GRE. Soldier was my first because he was my fav when I got him GRE because......well because he's GRE. I have a couple other toons sharded for pvp.

slash-2083

zdm-1083
07-25-2017, 01:38 PM
- WickerMan Eddie since day one I can :)
I'm using it for everything PvE and PvP except for Sentinel LoL.
- Mummy long time ago when I was invited in PvP beta
I'm using it only for Sentinel LoL and to counter some team in PvP.

Then... None, I got 80 shards that I do not know what to do with.
But I don't have all Eddies: Samurai, Coalgiver (lol), Visions, Navigator

I have in mind to shard one or two other Eddie but I'm lazy to test...

Lulero
07-25-2017, 04:52 PM
I spent some shards of FotD and RttH, but had no maxed Eddie 2 or 3 months after I started, and then I drew Cyborg. Sharded him and not looking back (unlike a lot of other picks). He's a beast in LoL, the same team manages LoL X on auto no matter the day (without prisoner, the only significant upgrade to speed I could get there, but with AoF, mandatory). He's also in my defense and offense PvP. When running troopers, if low on SoW and looping Powerslave, I let my Eddie troopers lead the way.

I maxed RttH and GR quite some times after. Expected the former to be only so-so, he's actually interesting, but the later was disappointing for me.

Tridimensionale
07-25-2017, 04:57 PM
-Viking
-Samurai
-Grim Reaper

Next one will be Cyborg or Eternity.. but yeah lots of skill shard compared to normal toons

Witkacy
07-25-2017, 05:35 PM
I spent some shards of FotD and RttH, but had no maxed Eddie 2 or 3 months after I started, and then I drew Cyborg. Sharded him and not looking back (unlike a lot of other picks). He's a beast in LoL, the same team manages LoL X on auto no matter the day (without prisoner, the only significant upgrade to speed I could get there, but with AoF, mandatory). He's also in my defense and offense PvP. When running troopers, if low on SoW and looping Powerslave, I let my Eddie troopers lead the way.

I maxed RttH and GR quite some times after. Expected the former to be only so-so, he's actually interesting, but the later was disappointing for me.

Lulero :)

If it's not a secret could you share what two others toons you're using to clear every LOLs on auto besides Cyborg and Red Bat, please?

I'm quite surprised that it can be done all with one team 0.0... I always picked the ''right colour'' (sounds awfully racist, but I don't know how to to put it well) team... When doing red dungeons, bringing blue squad, when blue, green and so on...

Cheers,

W

Lulero
07-25-2017, 05:52 PM
EDIT: Since new page, WitKacy asked what toons I was using to run LoL X everyday with the same team on auto.

@WitKacy

Cyborg - Being a gunner, no class disadvantage
Angel of Fear - His bonus turn passive is a must, especially against those GS with revive
The Nomad - Hits hard even vs magus, and pretty much always ends with class advantage proc vs boss, boosts others
Wrath - Assassin, here again no class disadvantage, great damages and remove beneficial effects where needed (only a matter of speed even vs magus boss as I'm, most often, still full health and he's left alone when going ghost)

I was doing it before drawing Wrath, but I'd adapt that last slot depending on day, and ran AoF unsharded for a long time too.

Mariner-1212
07-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Maxed:

- Eternity Eddie (use him all day in PVP offense, don't regret a single shard there)
- Viking (worth sharding because he's just cool)
- Navigator (definitely worth sharding for farming and PVP)
- Samurai (regret sharding him)

Close to max:
- Shaman (was totally worth it to get me through a lot of the game earlier on)
- Tailgunner
- Mystic (he does great damage when sharded, but barely any when not)

Witkacy - for all LOL farming, I use:
Navigator or Mystic
Green Harpy (energy, thief)
Red Bat (Shell and explosive)
MCR (4 holy, 2 health)

(all maxed)

This team wipes out everyone in LOL. Both Navigator and Mystic do the job nicely. I switch to Mystic when my Navigator causes the auto-farming to 'stall' due to a game error, but he's faster when he's not bugging out.

Lulero
07-25-2017, 06:11 PM
This is drifting a bit out of topic, but I'm surprised to hear Mystic's AI is able to cope with LoL X. To me that Eddie was definitely not auto play material. Hearing this from you Mariner I wanna shard him as I 'm quite a fan of his design and skills :)

Mariner-1212
07-25-2017, 06:21 PM
This is drifting a bit out of topic, but I'm surprised to hear Mystic's AI is able to cope with LoL X. To me that Eddie was definitely not auto play material. Hearing this from you Mariner I wanna shard him as I 'm quite a fan of his design and skills :)

Yeah I was surprised too - his AI completely ignores his Transcend, but makes good use of the Truth And Lies to give the team their health back. FWIW, I'm using 2 Life, 2 Ivory and 2 Health. So he's getting his HP Regen to help him out there... just realized that. He definitely holds his own, though.

Witkacy
07-25-2017, 06:22 PM
EDIT: Since new page, WitKacy asked what toons I was using to run LoL X everyday with the same team on auto.

@WitKacy...

Witkacy - for all LOL farming, I use:
Navigator or Mystic
Green Harpy (energy, thief)
Red Bat (Shell and explosive)
MCR (4 holy, 2 health)

(all maxed)

This team wipes out everyone in LOL. Both Navigator and Mystic do the job nicely. I switch to Mystic when my Navigator causes the auto-farming to 'stall' due to a game error, but he's faster when he's not bugging out.

Thanks very much for tips Lulero & Mariner...

@ Lulero: Cyborg: checked, Nomad: checked, Aof: checked, Wrath: missing (and I don't have ANY assassin character, beside Purple Girl... Any suggestions who might be replaced Wrath - maybe not that eternal lol...

@ Mariner - Your set is more friendly - have everyone of your list, yet there's small problem: I don't use ANY special talis like shell and so on... AoF has pretty ordinary setup: 2 greens health, 2 yellow boost special, 2 red safeguard to give him some MR resist... That's it... I am do using him in LOLs due his passive, yet couple of times he's gone at the final stage... That's why I always carry GCR (since I own her) with the squad for just in case something bad and unexpected might happen...

Cheers,

W

Mariner-1212
07-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Thanks very much for tips Lulero & Mariner...

@ Lulero: Cyborg: checked, Nomad: checked, Aof: checked, Wrath: missing (and I don't have ANY assassin character, beside Purple Girl... Any suggestions who might be replaced Wrath - maybe not that eternal lol...

@ Mariner - Your set is more friendly - have everyone of your list, yet there's small problem: I don't use ANY special talis like shell and so on... AoF has pretty ordinary setup: 2 greens health, 2 yellow boost special, 2 red safeguard to give him some MR resist... That's it... I am do using him in LOLs due his passive, yet couple of times he's gone at the final stage... That's why I always carry GCR (since I own her) with the squad for just in case something bad and unexpected might happen...

Cheers,

W

Moving this conversation over to a new thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8566-Auto-Farming-LOL) dedicated to auto-farming LOL X

90mphyorker
07-26-2017, 04:39 AM
I've only fully sharded a few because the amount they take. Grim Reaper Ed because at first he was my go to guy in PVP and is probably the best for Auto Farming PVE in my opinion.

I want to full shard them all eventually but bow it's for their usefullness. I have a fully sharded Mummy, Eternity and Cyborg. Mummy doesn't really need skill shards to be improved, ao oh well. Eternity Ed is great for PVP and I use him all the time so brainer and the Cyborg Eddie. I use him in defence and auto playing PVE so it made sense to. But I had wanted Cyborg Eddie for so long, SIT is my favourite album and that Eddie is my favouritw artwork? he could be nerfed into oblivion, his animation changed so all he does is squats down, shits and hurl it at the enemey doing 2 damage, I'd still shard him.

I've came close to sharding Storm Eddie loads of times when I've collected enough shards but always end up using them on a different character.

Thinko I am going to start on Navigator Ed next or maybe Viking.