PDA

View Full Version : Time to say goodbye

IceManFerrar
07-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Hello my fellow Troopers and forum mates,
Well, it has been a nice ride for nearly a year, but it is time to call it quits. I may return back, and possibly for a short while when BNW is released, but for now I need to focus back on my real life and stop playing this game so much.

While there are bugs and RNG crap luck for sure, that is not why I am leaving this game...wanted to be clear on that. I achieved Top 25 for the first time this past week and it was certainly not easy...major respect to all of you who achieve top 25 & 50 so regularly, much less Top 10 and Eternal (Gmac and Jofer are crazy beasts indeed). I am happy with what I have achieved and know that I cannot hope for anything higher without giving up my Saturday; that comes at the expense of my family, so I am not willing to do that.

I love the Band and do love this game despite the bugs, I just have got addicted to it (especially PvP) and need to rein it back. I played all my troopers everyday during the 2 weeks when I had gone on vacation, even though all of you good buddies were so gracious and kind to tell me not to worry about it. I just couldn't bring myself to let you guys down, and even if I do automate the trooper usage via emulators, it doesn't change the fact that I will end up spending the time gained on PvP. :)

So that being said, I want to thank each and every one of you who make this forum so much fun and such a tight-knit community of blood brothers in Iron Maiden. You guys rock and are one of the primary reasons that I have stayed so long and enjoyed my time here so much. Thank you also to a few of you who have been instrumental in helping me get high in the ranks...you know who you are. Lastly, thanks to all of my wonderful and loyal troopers...you are DA best I could have hoped for.

I will play today after the reset to get my Rare G/A soul, play all my troopers today and tomorrow, and then call it quits.

Cheers guys, it has been a blessing and an honor to get to know and become friends with so many of you .

Up the Irons! \m/

Godspeed,
Ice

R1ck
07-23-2017, 06:13 PM
Totally understandable I hope the best for you and your return when new content is released.

Silentknight
07-23-2017, 06:22 PM
Enjoy the time away! Hit me up if u return. 1 word 4 u...Transformers!

T-Man
07-23-2017, 06:30 PM
While we aren't troopers, I see you here and in the Arena. The Arena has become a real chore to place in the top 25 even. Congrats on placing. I was 20 this week myself.

My best were 5, and 9. I played over 800 matches to place 9th and don't want to do that again. It took 500+ to place 5th, but that was when the arena was still a bit young and fresh.

It's much harder now. I took a break just playing free SoW for a while. Even the top 25 takes some hours of play on Saturday now. It can start to feel like a chore. Good events do help the motivation.

Anyway, best to you. Maybe we will see you again down the road.

Kardas
07-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Aw man, that's a shame. Sad to see you go IceManFerrar, but I always liked reading your posts on the forums. I wish you the best in life :)

Nicko
07-23-2017, 07:43 PM
You've been a great asset to this community - I always enjoyed both your posts and your positive attitude.

Best of luck with everything and there will always be a Trooper spot open for you should you return!

slauki
07-23-2017, 07:59 PM
everything said dear iceman, enjoy your free time with your family and a really hope to see you back one day :)

best wishes man

yojo
07-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Only wish you the best, good luck IceMan! Regards

Browno
07-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Grats on your ranking but sad to see you go. But addictions are good to take care of. Hope you enjoy all the extra hours each day with family now :)

Chaosego888
07-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Enjoy your time away man and let me know when you decide to come back. Keep in touch in real life metal brother.

Patrice-1201
07-23-2017, 09:24 PM
Very sorry to see you go buddy. Enjoy your time off

Tridimensionale
07-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Always sad when someone leaves.. you ve been a great trooper Iceman ! & a smart community member.. always liked your post

Wish you the best ! see ya

Aristo4
07-23-2017, 09:44 PM
You too?

IceManFerrar
07-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Aww thanks guys, it is friends like you who make it very hard to leave...really making my decision hard.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and for understanding my reasons...I have such respect for all of you. I will definitely keep in touch with those of you whose contact info I have.

Cheers my metal blood brothers...keep on rocking and head banging!

Sag7272
07-23-2017, 11:26 PM
Sad to see you go, I'll wait t'll next week before removing you, just in case & if you ever come back I can surely arrange something...

Wish you the best for you & your family enjoy all that free time :)

Blacksteel
07-23-2017, 11:31 PM
Always a great trooper and community member, if you ever come back around just let me know and I will have a place for you or just msg if anything.
It's sad to see you go, hope all goes well, enjoy and take care.

Up the Irons \m/!

BG840
07-24-2017, 12:08 AM
As always running behind schedule, sorta. IceMan you will be missed in game and here on the forums for sure. Your positive outlook definitely shone through the sea of negativity many times. I am honored to have had you as a trooper. Best wishes back in the real world brother!

B

Coletrain
07-24-2017, 12:43 AM
So long and thanks for all the badges, trooper. Enjoy the time spent elsewhere, I certainly understand where you're coming from.

TiHa
07-24-2017, 09:12 AM
Pretty sad to see you go, but I can totally understand where you are coming from with this decision. Wish you the best in life and all the happiness you can grab in those now free hours. :D

You were a great Trooper and maybe, just maybe I might just keep you, so beware if you ever return, there might be quite a huge amount of badges from me waiting for you. :)

DaveMurray
07-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Aww thanks guys, it is friends like you who make it very hard to leave...really making my decision hard.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and for understanding my reasons...I have such respect for all of you. I will definitely keep in touch with those of you whose contact info I have.

Cheers my metal blood brothers...keep on rocking and head banging!

Still here? Get the fuck out, you were a crap trooper anyway. :p
lmao, i am joking offcourse but i thought maybe this will help cause you are having a hard time to leave ;)

Well you were a great trooper and a great forum member but real life comes always first so quit that buggy game and enjoy you life with your family.
I wish you all the best and if you ever come back there will be a spot for you if i am still around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KV56kwxiHg

PerthEddie
07-24-2017, 10:21 AM
We aren't Troopers but I always enjoyed reading your posts on here.

Take care and hopefully see you back at some point in the future :)

MrFreeze
07-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Good luck with everything. I've been feeling the same lately. The amount of time spent on these things is unhealthy. Here's a link to a good read on the subject.

http://joyofandroid.com/mobile-gaming-addiction/

slauki
07-24-2017, 12:28 PM
Good luck with everything. I've been feeling the same lately. The amount of time spent on these things is unhealthy. Here's a link to a good read on the subject.

thanks for sharing that mr freeze:

wow now i understand the NF policy:
"Revenue for mobile gaming reached incredible proportions in 2012. $7.8 billion was the total amount, and the projected amount for 2016 is $12.6 billion. The weird thing is, that 0.15 percent of gamers bring in over half of that revenue."

so NF is heavily targeting the whales with their prices....

EDIT:

"Often, developers will take a successful series from the past and copy it, or actually license it to play on feelings of nostalgia. (Think of Pokémon Go.) It’s cynical, but that doesn’t mean that all free games are guilty of these tactics"

ps: sorry for the offtopic comment iceman :)

scott-5496
07-24-2017, 12:55 PM
I will be sad to see you go and agree with others on here. Great community member and a loyal trooper.

Success in all you do going forward.

IceManFerrar
07-24-2017, 02:34 PM
Thanks my Metal brothers for all of your kind words and well wishes. I have had a very supportive wife and two wonderful kids (both girls) who now know all about Maiden and the Eddies, especially Cyborg Eddie -- my favorite, who still eludes me. I don't want to push my luck any further, so am definitely looking forward to spending more time with them and other things I used to do before this game.

@DaveMurray, haha man, you definitely gave me a much needed laugh, else I was getting all mopey and depressed.

I am done playing all my troopers after yesterday's reset, so may play a few more PvP games to get my last set of Eternity Shards, and then sayonara to this game.

Best of luck to all of you, especially anyone who makes a play for Eternal...someone needs to give that GMAC guy a run for his money.

gmac
07-24-2017, 07:10 PM
So my friend...

I knew this was coming, doesn't make it easier.

You are certainly one the forums best contributors and a hell of a player.

You'll be missed, a lot.

I'm happy that you were able to accomplish your game goals and we all understand that real life comes first. You have an amazing family, I want to start my own so I'll not be doing this for much more time either.

I'm also happy that regardless of you playing or not, we will still be in touch :)

Farewell my friend, enjoy life and your family, and I'm sure you'll accomplish whatever others goals you set yourself to.

Cheers
gmac

IceManFerrar
07-24-2017, 07:27 PM
Ah GMAC, my brother from another mother, I will surely miss you, my friend! Thank you for all of your help, support, and advice...I could never have accomplished my goals if it wasn't for you and a few others. I remember just a few months ago in April how my goal was to at least get into top 100. You not only helped me get into top 100, but far exceeded my wildest expectations by finishing in top 25 last week.

I end now on a high...have got my last set of the weekly Eternal fragments, so I'm happy.

Cheers all of you, my brothers. Keep the party going, fingers crossed that this game gets better and new content gets released, and that Maiden keeps on rocking.

I salute all of you and raise my hand to the best Band ever...UP THE IRONS!!!

kkkreg5
07-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Sad to see you go Ice. You were also one of my first Troopers when I started playing. I knew nothing of this type of gaming and have learned a lot from you and this forum. Thank you for that.

Don't miss a minute with you're beautiful family for a silly game. Those moments are precious and fleeting. Best of luck. You will always have a spot on my list if you choose to return.

UP THE IRONS!

IceManFerrar
07-24-2017, 09:43 PM
Sad to see you go Ice. You were also one of my first Troopers when I started playing. I knew nothing of this type of gaming and have learned a lot from you and this forum. Thank you for that.

Don't miss a minute with you're beautiful family for a silly game. Those moments are precious and fleeting. Best of luck. You will always have a spot on my list if you choose to return.

UP THE IRONS!

Cheers Rene my friend, I do remember you as well as one of my longest troopers. Appreciate the kind words, but it is I who has learnt so much from you and so many other folks here on this forum.

So, I am all done with my Missions except for the 200 Permadeath one (sheesh). I have a win rate of 100% (56/56) since the reset, thought of attacking Slauki's intimidating team just for kicks, but don't want to mess up my perfect record this week, so better quit on a high, lol.

Will be deleting the game now, so please guys go ahead and remove me from your roster...there are plenty other good folks here who could have you stellar troopers on their roster.

Thank you again all of you, IceMan signing out! :(

Bradata
07-24-2017, 10:00 PM

Oh, man! Freeze, you just opened my eyes with this link! I AM DONE PAYING FOR ANYTHING in this or any game, EVER AGAIN!

druid138
07-24-2017, 10:00 PM
Best wishes, and thanks for all of your valuable contributions to this forum!

Peppoah
07-24-2017, 10:01 PM
Dear iceman,
I think all previous speakers have said it all.
I wish you all the best with your family. I'll surely miss your Aces High Eddie as I missed your Wickerman when you left the last time. I hope you'll return for a third time.
Enjoy your immeasurable free time from the game.
Feel free to send a request when you return.
Greetings from Bavaria, Pepp

Bradata
07-24-2017, 10:03 PM
Cheers, Ice! It was nice having you around! Pretty soon I will follow your example. I just read the link Freeze posted and I realized I am one of those pure examples of an addicted player. No more!
Heavy Metal till dead! Farewell, brother!

IceManFerrar
07-24-2017, 11:42 PM
Cheers guys, I think I am as addicted to this forum as I was to the game, lol. I guess it confirms my belief that you guys and this community are what makes us stick around and play this game endlessly despite the grind and the bugs.

Pepp, you were always one of my longest standing troopers and ever so reliable..I will miss you my friend. Hope to visit Germany one day, until then, long live Vettel and his title chances with Ferrari, and Forza Michael Schumacher...he will always be my idol and favorite driver of all time. I still pray that he makes a full recovery one day.

@Bradata, was always good running into you in the Arena...your new defense is stellar, but I liked your Shaman one better...really got me the first time I faced it. Good knowing you, mate, and exchanging attacks...we had some good battles, holds, and victories. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do with the game.

Witkacy
07-24-2017, 11:58 PM
IceMan :)

Take care, man... All the best to you and your family - it's the best thing in anybody's life, not the game - even Maiden one... I am still wasting my time upon this, hoping for the better...

Enjoy your free time though...

Cheers from PL,

W

MrFreeze
07-25-2017, 12:06 AM
I wonder if the devs even realize how important this forum is to the game. I think this place has a lot to do with the number of daily players they have. If not for the connections made here, I think a lot of us would be more casual about the game at times. I know they're days I don't want to log in, but I always try to at least auto my troopers. I'll probably end up keeping you on my list for a while. I'll send you some extra badges while I decide my own fate with all this.

Askora
07-25-2017, 04:16 AM
Cheers! Enjoy the time away. I understand the desire to get away from this game though.

I have to push myself frequently to get through all my troopers as I'm not overly impressed with the general direction of the game. I'm trying to hold out for BNW in the hopes that it will rekindle my enthusiasm, but it is a struggle. I've been fortunate that the little I've invested was at a time when I enjoyed it more and actually spent the money more as a way to encourage progress in the direction things seemed to be headed. Now, every time I think I might want to donate money towards the game something quickly reminds me why I shouldn't. It's sad that more and more long time players continue to leave, while the game continues to promote not playing. Seems a very strange business model to me.

zdm-1083
07-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Hey man, thanks for all badges and your contribution to this forum!
Have fun IRL!

That's insane.
That's sound as a new type of slavery or mass control :]
For what? Money...
Brain studies are interesting but if they are used to control or manipulate that's not fair at all...

thealchemist
07-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all your badges and being such a reliable trooper, as well as a strong contributor to the board. I understand your reasons completely and wish you the best. take care man.

Mariner-1212
07-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Iceman, very sorry to see you go brother. You will be missed! All the best to you and your family, and if/when you do come back, there's always a trooper slot here for you! \m/

powerslave74
07-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Hello my fellow Troopers and forum mates,
Well, it has been a nice ride for nearly a year, but it is time to call it quits. I may return back, and possibly for a short while when BNW is released, but for now I need to focus back on my real life and stop playing this game so much.

While there are bugs and RNG crap luck for sure, that is not why I am leaving this game...wanted to be clear on that. I achieved Top 25 for the first time this past week and it was certainly not easy...major respect to all of you who achieve top 25 & 50 so regularly, much less Top 10 and Eternal (Gmac and Jofer are crazy beasts indeed). I am happy with what I have achieved and know that I cannot hope for anything higher without giving up my Saturday; that comes at the expense of my family, so I am not willing to do that.

I love the Band and do love this game despite the bugs, I just have got addicted to it (especially PvP) and need to rein it back. I played all my troopers everyday during the 2 weeks when I had gone on vacation, even though all of you good buddies were so gracious and kind to tell me not to worry about it. I just couldn't bring myself to let you guys down, and even if I do automate the trooper usage via emulators, it doesn't change the fact that I will end up spending the time gained on PvP. :)

So that being said, I want to thank each and every one of you who make this forum so much fun and such a tight-knit community of blood brothers in Iron Maiden. You guys rock and are one of the primary reasons that I have stayed so long and enjoyed my time here so much. Thank you also to a few of you who have been instrumental in helping me get high in the ranks...you know who you are. Lastly, thanks to all of my wonderful and loyal troopers...you are DA best I could have hoped for.

I will play today after the reset to get my Rare G/A soul, play all my troopers today and tomorrow, and then call it quits.

Cheers guys, it has been a blessing and an honor to get to know and become friends with so many of you .

Up the Irons! \m/

Godspeed,
Ice

IceMan,

I know that you may never read this, as usual especially lately because of work, I do not have much time to get on the forum on a regular basis and did not see that you were leaving the game until last night right before work, but I am hoping that you are still hanging around the forum so that you may know that there is one more person that will miss having you as a great trooper. I know that you have been thinking about quitting the game for some time, but it does not make it any easier to see you go my friend. But we must all do what we must do, and even though it does not need to be said; FAMILY COMES FIRST! I am happy for you that you are able to break the chains that have been holding you back. I hope you enjoy all of the quality and quantity of time you will have with the game no longer holding you back!

Hopefully, sometime in the near future we will get both BNW and some type of speed play for the game to make grinding much less of a time sink. If that time ever comes and if I have not broken free of my addiction to the game and am still playing, I do hope that we can share trooper badges with each other again!

Thank you for being such a loyal trooper and for being a great help here on the forum! I am raising a Trooper Beer in your honor tonight my friend!

Your Blood Brother,

powerslave74

IceManFerrar
07-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Hey my Maiden brothers,
I may have given up the game, but I ain't giving up on you guys...you can't get rid of me that easily, lol. I do plan on coming here on and off, keeping in touch with you, and also seeing what is new in the game and if BNW and Night City will ever be released.

Thank you all so much for your continued kind messages and posts...really heartwarming and gets me all mushy and mopey...you guys are the best!

It has been a true honor to be Troopers with so many of you...wow, I am just amazed at the genuinely stellar people that all of you are...will miss you guys for sure.

Powerslave my brother, nice to see you back on the forums...hope all is going well with you at work. You were also one of my longest standing troopers and yes, I hope we can share Trooper badges again the future. Will send you a PM...please check your Inbox later this evening.

Cheers guys,
Ice

Crazypants
07-27-2017, 03:12 AM
Fuck, I guess I'm late to the party. Haven't been on the forums much lately. Went from 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times a week. I actually logged on to see where u were at as i haven't seen you on in a few days. No sense repeating what everyone else has said so keep it short and just say best of luck to you Brother.

IceManFerrar
07-27-2017, 04:46 AM
Fuck, I guess I'm late to the party. Haven't been on the forums much lately. Went from 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times a week. I actually logged on to see where u were at as i haven't seen you on in a few days. No sense repeating what everyone else has said so keep it short and just say best of luck to you Brother.

Cheers my friend, sorry that you had to carry my dead trooper weight. Appreciate your kind words and the great trooper that you are!

MoonShadow
07-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Hey, IceMan.... I think I've said it before somewhere, you're one of my longest running troopers and I have to say that I'm quite sad to see you go away from the game, but I completely understand your reasons, as real life comes first before anything. Enjoy your free time as much as you can!

...and, since you're gonna stick around here, I'm not gonna say goodbye or anything like that, but I wanna thank you again for all the badges you've sent.

Cheers! :)

IceManFerrar
07-27-2017, 10:57 PM
Hey, IceMan.... I think I've said it before somewhere, you're one of my longest running troopers and I have to say that I'm quite sad to see you go away from the game, but I completely understand your reasons, as real life comes first before anything. Enjoy your free time as much as you can!

...and, since you're gonna stick around here, I'm not gonna say goodbye or anything like that, but I wanna thank you again for all the badges you've sent.

Cheers! :)

Hey my Maiden brother, thank you again for your kind note. As I mentioned earlier, I realized that I miss you guys more than I miss the game, so I'm having fun visiting the forum and hanging out with you guys, watching all of you suffer with the bugs and RNG poop -- I mean dupe, show, and laughing to myself that I don't have to go through any of it anymore, hahaha.

Jokes aside, I really do enjoy being here and chatting with you, while also keeping up with what is going on with the game.

Thank you for being such an excellent and loyal trooper...it was an honor and a privilege to have you on my roster.

I'm enjoying my free time, reading (John Sandford, anybody?), watching TV, and spending time with my family without having to watch the clock to see when the game's daily reset will happen, lol!

Cheers mate, please do keep in touch.
Ice