PDA

View Full Version : Who to focus on?

PantherusNZ
07-25-2017, 09:38 AM
I've popped a fair few soul crystals and I seem to have a good bunch of toons to choose from - what I'm wondering is:
a) Who is Great, Good, and Trash so I know who I can safely sacrifice
b) Who should I focus on to develop
c) What team(s) would work well overall or for particular content

Eddies:
5* - Pharaoh, Shaman
4* - Carriage Rider, Soldier
3* - Mummy, Run to the Hills, Wicker Man, Speed of Light

Other Souls
5* - Allied General (S)
4* - Rocket Dog (W), Allied Soldier (M), Golden Son (S), Harpy (S), Golden Son (M), Corrupt Rescuer (M), Hellhound (W)
3* - Allied Soldier (S), Axis Soldier (M), Harpy (M), Newborn of Light (M), Golden Son (W), Allied Bomber Boy (G), Possessed Rockets (G), Undead Allied Soldier (G), Axis Soldier (A), Desert Rider (A), Undead Axis Gunner (A)

I'm planning to take up the Gunner Bomber Boy because a friend has a max 5* one who just does massive damage, but I'm a little unsure what to do with the rest of them - especially whether the other 3* are worth evolving; and I'm unsure on really making effective teams...

Thanks in advance.

blade685
07-25-2017, 09:41 AM
for pve or pve?

blade685
07-25-2017, 09:45 AM
best priority for me:

-->pvp--> Pharaoh, Harpy (S), Corrupt Rescuer (M), Hellhound (W)
-->pve --> Carriage Rider, Soldier

PantherusNZ
07-25-2017, 09:49 AM
for pve or pve?

Ah - probably mostly PVE but would probably be interested in pushing Arena more in the near future

DaveMurray
07-25-2017, 09:51 AM
1)Pharaoh
2)Sentinel Harpy
3)Hellhound

Good for both pvp and pve

Lulero
07-25-2017, 09:53 AM
I've popped a fair few soul crystals and I seem to have a good bunch of toons to choose from - what I'm wondering is:
a) Who is Great, Good, and Trash so I know who I can safely sacrifice
b) Who should I focus on to develop
c) What team(s) would work well overall or for particular content

Eddies:
5* - Pharaoh, Shaman
4* - Carriage Rider, Soldier
3* - Mummy, Run to the Hills, Wicker Man, Speed of Light

Other Souls
5* - Allied General (S)
4* - Rocket Dog (W), Allied Soldier (M), Golden Son (S), Harpy (S), Golden Son (M), Corrupt Rescuer (M), Hellhound (W)
3* - Allied Soldier (S), Axis Soldier (M), Harpy (M), Newborn of Light (M), Golden Son (W), Allied Bomber Boy (G), Possessed Rockets (G), Undead Allied Soldier (G), Axis Soldier (A), Desert Rider (A), Undead Axis Gunner (A)

I'm planning to take up the Gunner Bomber Boy because a friend has a max 5* one who just does massive damage, but I'm a little unsure what to do with the rest of them - especially whether the other 3* are worth evolving; and I'm unsure on really making effective teams...

Thanks in advance.

First of all, sacrifice nothing but dupes. It's not worth it. On that note, Soldier and Wicker Man eddies are gotten through the story, as it is you can't get them back if you sacrifice them. I expect it will be fixed somehow, but probably not anytime soon.

Among what you drew, here are the ones I'd consider over the others:

Pharaoh - Great to have in your roster
Hellhound (W) - A great toon to have on PvP offense, even unsharded, against teams without prisoners. Especially if they use Soulless Demon (S) or the like. Not that great PvE.
Corrupt Rescuer (M) - Has been nerfed, but is still scary with good odds to steal beneficial effect and power move that is quite reliable at freezing.
Harpy (S) - I don't use mine, but can be considered a PvP staple. Immune to about everything and able to silence.
Allied General (S) - I believe you meant "Alliance", anyway I'm experimenting with him lately, sure is fun to build around and farm with. Not really good at PvP and probably not worth outside of places where you can have 3 allies (Lord of the Light).
Possessed Rockets (G) - Who's the guy running this one in defence at the moment (I think Ovy but not sure)? A do-or-die defense setup, this morning I went first against it and lost before the end of my own turn haha. Looking at the skills is sure look like a good toon to farm PvE with as well.

PantherusNZ
07-25-2017, 09:55 AM
What's so good about the Sentinel Harpy? I don't quite understand why she's considered so good?

Lulero
07-25-2017, 10:27 AM
If you aren't using effects like stun, freeze, silence on offense versus her (she'd be able to ignore those, save for the stun induced by explosive set), all is left is a (usually) strike equiped pure area damager (ignores void) able to silence. Still not bad!

That being said, again, I don't use mine either.

But she been in some eternal defense setup, or at least one that I can remember.

PantherusNZ
07-25-2017, 10:37 AM
So her value is primarily around her immunities, and then the ability to silence? Hmm...OK thanks for that.

Didn't really consider the rockets much - I used to use a 3* Warrior version and while they could do good damage, the timing of their attack was faster than most so I kept missing the Perfect, and they would die very quickly...

thealchemist
07-25-2017, 12:14 PM
I'd go for Sentinel Harpy and Magus Corrupt Rescuer as well. Harpy hits for 1002 pts of TRUE damage maxed at level 100, there's not many toons that can claim that. Most sentinel toons aren't known for their hitting power but Harpy is an exception, can do quite a lot of damage to Magus toons especially. Only needs 4 skill shards to make it hit all the harder as well. As for MCR its power skill of freezing has gotten me out of near death situations several times over. Again it doesn't need many skill shards to maximise its effectiveness.

PantherusNZ
07-27-2017, 11:46 PM
I have got about 20 Skill Shards at this point (used 2 or 3 on Pharaoh so far) - worth taking Harpy and Rescuer up with them?

Blacksteel
07-28-2017, 02:40 AM
These are characters would work on both pvp and pve:
1.- harpy (S)
2.- hellhound (W)
3.- rocket dog (W)
PvP honorable mention: corrupt rescuer (M)

PantherusNZ
07-30-2017, 09:44 AM
So just to throw a spanner in the works - I've now pulled a 5* Mystic Eddie, as well as 4* Troll (W), and Pyro Soldiers (W & S)

Not really certain if they leapfrog anyone at the moment - I'm under the impression that Mystic is really awesome but I'm not sure I see it, or if he surpasses Carriage Rider as the best Magus type to focus on in my roster?

Thanks for the information to everyone though, since taking up the Rescuer as well I've shot through a chunk of story mode now - she does some awesome damage :D

MrFreeze
07-30-2017, 12:31 PM
So just to throw a spanner in the works - I've now pulled a 5* Mystic Eddie, as well as 4* Troll (W), and Pyro Soldiers (W & S)

Not really certain if they leapfrog anyone at the moment - I'm under the impression that Mystic is really awesome but I'm not sure I see it, or if he surpasses Carriage Rider as the best Magus type to focus on in my roster?

Thanks for the information to everyone though, since taking up the Rescuer as well I've shot through a chunk of story mode now - she does some awesome damage :D

You'll eventually have all of them at lv100 if you play long enough. If your still going through the story mode, I would concentrate on maxing one good team with lv50 talismans. I wouldn't rush to throw skill shards on anyone unless you really like a character and get stuck somewhere. Even then, maxing talismans will help the most. You get grim reaper Eddie for completing the story at 100% skulls. He's way better than mystic in my opinion.

PantherusNZ
07-30-2017, 09:31 PM
Interesting - thanks for that! :D