PDA

View Full Version : What's being done about the Invisibles?

Nicko
07-27-2017, 01:45 AM
Posting this thread because this issue of Invisible players is going into its second week.

Last week several players were deprived of Skillshards because "Invisible" players started filling some top spots.

JAWolf #7? That means Fallen Angel missed out on some prizes.

Andinho - a level 55 player - is number 12? That means Ringe missed out on a skillshard.

And as I look at the rankings tonight...

JAWolf #1
Ludorockeur #2
DrivenbyFate #3
Stormcrow379 # 7

I don't think there has been enough of an uproar about this. It's not cool.

Developers - players are investing their resources in a competition where rewards are being forfeited due to this bug. What's the status?

I know the official word is "we've investigated and the attack ratios look normal". I'm sorry - that's crazy. Either the wrong numbers were examined or these guys are getting attacked by level one players. I see all the usual competitors like GMAC, Bradata, DaveMurray etc rise and fall daily. But not the Invisibles.

Something is wrong here and I think it needs to become high-priority for a fix.

So where are we in the problem solving process?

Nicko
07-27-2017, 01:51 AM
And I'll add - as has been mentioned in other posts on this topic - this is absolutely not a gripe about those players. They're simply playing. This is all on the developers.

Ezz
07-27-2017, 02:17 AM
Agree that this is BS. Maybe the ratios are fine but like you said they might be only facing level 20 to 30 players or something. And that makes things even potentially worse because that means they likely have high hold rates and are getting even more points on defense than they should as well.
Devs please address, or top players are probably going to start boycotting until the playing field is leveled.

gmac
07-27-2017, 03:12 AM
Nicko,

Totally agree with you.

Both it's not fair at all and not the player's fault.

Sparton, Kaz?

Blacksteel
07-27-2017, 03:24 AM
I have a question, has anyone tracked by how much the score/points of these invisi-players has increased by day?

Thedarkness
07-27-2017, 05:14 AM
4 of the top 5 are invisible right now. Very discouraging to play PVP like this, reminds me of the bad old days when there were a bunch of invisible players coasting into top positions. At least I'm not waking up to 20-30 attacks anymore

DaveMurray
07-27-2017, 09:01 AM
Thanks Nicko for mentioning this again because it is getting completely ridiculous.
I think devs lean on the fact that G will win in the end so it's not something urgent.
Even if they checked and their ratios are ok, who is attacking them and who are they attacking?
It's something that needs to be fixed before Saturday, if they remain for another week there i personally am over with PvP.

slauki
07-27-2017, 09:40 AM
yeah it's a big screw up i think it's the 3rd week already. if i'm right the new matchmaking fuckid it up. before things seem to be fine...now Ludocroceur a level 60 player is at #1 for a few hours...i'm sure he is a hell of a player like the other invisibles too... ;)

but i have a 2nd theory: maybe this is some kind of a balancing act. since the lowranks have no shells and immunity maybe the devs try to make up for this unfairness. so making the guys invisible might even out the unfairness :P

Inishmore
07-27-2017, 12:11 PM
JAWolf #1
I faced JAWolf a couple of times in the Arena, and as far as I remember i won every time against his defense. But I never saw the others

Nicko
07-27-2017, 03:25 PM
I faced JAWolf a couple of times in the Arena, and as far as I remember i won every time against his defense. But I never saw the others

The issue isn't that they are not being attacked - at least according to the developers. The issue is that they aren't appearing on the attacks lists of the players they're competing with - and that gives them a big advantage.

Inishmore
07-27-2017, 03:34 PM
The issue isn't that they are not being attacked - at least according to the developers. The issue is that they aren't appearing on the attacks lists of the players they're competing with - and that gives them a big advantage.

I understand. But then again maybe I think about this wrong, but if your defense does not hold against someone that is competing for a spot in the Top 100, but you are in the Top 10 this is not that much of an advantage since you loose more points against a player down the list than against a direct competitor?

Bradata
07-27-2017, 04:37 PM
Nicko, don't bother. Who knows, maybe they are players from the developers team or the devs are experimenting something with those guys, we'll never know.
I gave up already on the hope to be in the top 10 or 25 because of this BS going on all the time. Last week I spent hundreds of ironite and couldn't make top 25, now I don't even play my free SoW and I stay higher in the ranks than the week before, go figure.

Nicko
07-27-2017, 05:16 PM

I understand. But then again maybe I think about this wrong, but if your defense does not hold against someone that is competing for a spot in the Top 100, but you are in the Top 10 this is not that much of an advantage since you loose more points against a player down the list than against a direct competitor?

Unless - like EZZ said - you're not losing to those teams because they're low level players.

We can speculate as to reasons but it will be just that - speculation.

It's just obvious these players are not getting the fluctuations that the usual top competitors get - and that hard working, long term players are missing rewards because of it.

Sag7272
07-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Unless - like EZZ said - you're not losing to those teams because they're low level players.
We can speculate as to reasons but it will be just that - speculation.
It's just obvious these players are not getting the fluctuations that the usual top competitors get - and that hard working, long term players are missing rewards because of it.

In the good old days I used to call it the "Coletrain" effect (by opposition to the PizzaFriday effect that only affected #1 with huge advance which seemed different).. there's a lot of things fishy in those lists... If only the "invisibles" where changing every week it would be a thing.. Can't blame 'em to bank on it as much they can before it's fixed tho...

Like the end match hesitation & load time that where fixed at some point, it came back from where it started.. Wonder if game reverted to an ameliorated older version to tame some newer bugs, would explain older bugs coming back..
Anyway, just came back... For me it's business as usual lol

Sparton_LOTB
07-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Just chiming in to say we definitely hear you guys, and we are working on implementing an adjustment that will better allow people at the top of the leaderboard to match others around their rank.

Bradata
07-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Just chiming in to say we definitely hear you guys, and we are working on implementing an adjustment that will better allow people at the top of the leaderboard to match others around their rank.

Thanks for the reply, Sparton! I know you understand us, nothing is perfect but we just try to get as close to perfect as we can, right?

Sag7272
07-27-2017, 06:36 PM

Great news, tanks for the insight :)

Nicko
07-27-2017, 10:37 PM

Cool - thanks for letting us know!

Any ETA on a fix?

Sparton_LOTB
07-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Any ETA on a fix?

No ETA yet; unfortunately, we're at a point in the development of the next update where it's trickier to deploy server data changes without leaking changes from the next update out, so extra precautions have to be taken. Nonetheless, we're looking at our options.

Nicko
07-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Sparton - any comps to players missing out on rewards due to this bug?

It looks like Ringe got screwed two weeks in a row. Last week he was 26 - this week he was 11 - displaced from the next reward tier both times by "Invisibles"

That's two skillshards - some souls - and some Eternal fragments due to this.

I'm sorry - bugs may affect a match here and there - but this is just not cool...

Silentknight
07-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Sparton - any comps to players missing out on rewards due to this bug?

It looks like Ringe got screwed two weeks in a row. Last week he was 26 - this week he was 11 - displaced from the next reward tier both times by "Invisibles"

That's two skillshards - some souls - and some Eternal fragments due to this.

I'm sorry - bugs may affect a match here and there - but this is just not cool...

Here & there??? Invisibles can be overtaken, match freezes can't! Only played last hour, started around 50th. 1 list...33rd, 25th well within reach. Played trooper207, had match won until game froze=38th. F/C! Clearing list so trooper207 again...didn't even get to push a button...game freeze #2=43rd. Couple more matches...game freeze #3=48th! Seeing a pattern here??? I'll take invisibles costing 1 rank anyday over this shit! Waste of time & ironite. And what do we get other than some bullshit answer about 3X speed! Questioned that too...no response! Surprise,surprise!!! Incompetence!!!

Nicko
07-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Here & there??? Invisibles can be overtaken, match freezes can't! Only played last hour, started around 50th. 1 list...33rd, 25th well within reach. Played trooper207, had match won until game froze=38th. F/C! Clearing list so trooper207 again...didn't even get to push a button...game freeze #2=43rd. Couple more matches...game freeze #3=48th! Seeing a pattern here??? I'll take invisibles costing 1 rank anyday over this shit! Waste of time & ironite. And what do we get other than some bullshit answer about 3X speed! Questioned that too...no response! Surprise,surprise!!! Incompetence!!!

Yeah - that sucks and point taken. Not top of mind for me because - thankfully - freezes are really rare. I think you Android guys have it way worse than the iOS gang

Silentknight
07-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Yeah - that sucks and point taken. Not top of mind for me because - thankfully - freezes are really rare. I think you Android guys have it way worse than the iOS gang

3 of last 4 weeks I quit playin cuz of this shit! Different freeze last 2 weeks too. Everything works except attack buttons. Can change toons, can change opposing target, just can't attack! Btw, trooper207 did not revenge holds either,thx! Not that it matters much, entire week screwed cuz of incompetence! Guess 1 week outta 4 is good enuf for NF!

Tridimensionale
07-31-2017, 09:46 PM

pretty good for a 19 lvl :rolleyes:

Bradata
07-31-2017, 09:58 PM

I just got attacked by him and my defense lost, when I wanted to revenge I saw he head only 4 toons including his Eddie for a defense team and my Shaman Eddie took them all with only one hit. Now that's what I call weird.

Tridimensionale
07-31-2017, 10:04 PM
I just got attacked by him and my defense lost

LoL really weird indeed
Oh well if he won against you with a 19 level team then he deserve the Eternal xD

Bradata
07-31-2017, 10:11 PM
LoL really weird indeed
Oh well if he won against you with a 19 level team then he deserve the Eternal xD

LOL! I'm still trying to figure it out how come a 19th, 20th now level player could destroy my defense and yet he head defense team that was wiped off in one hit from my Shaman. Something really spooky is happening with LOTB lately!

GotN
07-31-2017, 10:15 PM

Come on, really?? He must have put hundreds of dollars into the game to be competitive at this level. Can remember what chars and talisman I had att without putting any money in the game. Or it's a bot (do you call it like this? idk...)

Tridimensionale
07-31-2017, 10:36 PM
Come on, really?? He must have put hundreds of dollars into the game to be competitive at this level.

Nope.. must be one of the many bug/glitch of the arena in these days

GotN
07-31-2017, 10:49 PM
Nope.. must be one of the many bug/glitch of the arena in these days

And now the glitch is #1. WTF???