PDA

View Full Version : Next step for team?

carush
07-31-2017, 02:18 AM
So I have reached the point where I feel like I'm starting to hit a brick wall progress-wise. Ever since I got to Battlefield normal I began to rely on helpful troopers to get through harder parts of the game, but as of right now I've hit the point where just 1 toon isn't gonna carry me through everything that's left. With that in mind I gathered a few toons I tought of as useful and I'm looking at the prospect of getting them all to 5* as well as upgrading my talismans. However I'm not really sure where to start. First my toons

Ones that I've leveled and put talismans on

5* Cyborg Eddie
4* Carriage Rider Eddie, Warrior Newborn of Light, Magus Corrupt Rescuer, Assassin Golden Son, Sentinel Undead Rescuer, Warrior Troll, Gunner Child of the Damned

Other 4* toons I have are magus child of the damned, magus and sentinel golden son, assassin corrupt rescuer, sentinel harpy, hellhound

My first idea was to get the assassin golden son to 5* because he deals great damage and has endure which has saved me lots of times, but I'm contemplating also a heavy hitter like the newborn of light (both of them sharded). For talismans I thought to first max my cyborg eddie and then take care of the rest. Evo materials for talismans and toons are hard to come by for me considering I'm struggling a bit with LoL VII and I haven't even beat Underworld on hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Askora
07-31-2017, 02:46 AM
So I have reached the point where I feel like I'm starting to hit a brick wall progress-wise. Ever since I got to Battlefield normal I began to rely on helpful troopers to get through harder parts of the game, but as of right now I've hit the point where just 1 toon isn't gonna carry me through everything that's left. With that in mind I gathered a few toons I tought of as useful and I'm looking at the prospect of getting them all to 5* as well as upgrading my talismans. However I'm not really sure where to start. First my toons

Ones that I've leveled and put talismans on

5* Cyborg Eddie
4* Carriage Rider Eddie, Warrior Newborn of Light, Magus Corrupt Rescuer, Assassin Golden Son, Sentinel Undead Rescuer, Warrior Troll, Gunner Child of the Damned

Other 4* toons I have are magus child of the damned, magus and sentinel golden son, assassin corrupt rescuer, sentinel harpy, hellhound

My first idea was to get the assassin golden son to 5* because he deals great damage and has endure which has saved me lots of times, but I'm contemplating also a heavy hitter like the newborn of light (both of them sharded). For talismans I thought to first max my cyborg eddie and then take care of the rest. Evo materials for talismans and toons are hard to come by for me considering I'm struggling a bit with LoL VII and I haven't even beat Underworld on hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Some of the toons you have that really helped me through pve were Assassin Golden Son, Sentinel Golden Son. AGS is probably worthy of shards as he's still somewhat viable in pvp, SGS maybe not as much since he's not as beneficial there. The best thing is to try not to use skill shards unless you absolutely need to until you've gotten a bigger roster and want to really compete in pvp. Another good one is the Sentinel Harpy, she deals good AoE damage. Most of pve a good AoE team is best. LoL Warrior and Assassin not so much without a prisoner.

Cyborg is good. Aside from that, I'd probably go with SGS and Sentinel Harpy. SGS is great for keeping your hp up, especially with his passive for two rounds. Sentinel Harpy can do some good damage even without skill shards, try her with some assassin talismans if you have those. Lower HP, but that's what SGS is for. Or substitute the Assassin Golden Son for the Sentinel Harpy, they're both good choices.

Edit: The other thing to do is grind the highest levels you can beat reliably to slowly build up your runes. 5 Star talismans are a must. Don't have to get them all the way to 50 as the return per level gets worse the higher they get. 5 Star Level 30 works pretty well and can level them up later.

Lulero
07-31-2017, 02:52 AM
Edit: Askora beat me to it. We mostly said the same.

Your Eddie:

Cyborg Eddie certainly among the toons that need shard to perform. That being said, it's an expensive project.

While I did go for him first I'd recommend using an unsharded, swiss knife kind of Eddie.
Speed of Light is easy to get your hands on and as far as I remember it fit the bill perfectly. I know it been nerfed a bit, maybe someone can confirm?
Soldier and Carriage Rider also have nice utilities you can abuse without shards.
(About this I suggested (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6741-Story-Eddie-Missions) that "story" Eddies get an alternative, easier way to shard).

You can go back to Cyborg later, he's definitely worth it then IMO.

Allies:

Among the toons you listed, some can both help in PvE and will come in handy PvP as well. I'd recommend going for them first (ordered):
- Harpy, cheap to shard, good pure-based area damages, silence, situational but still nice passive
- Corrupt Rescuer, on difficult stages her area freeze will be a life saver, can also steal buffs
- Newborn of Light, removes debuff, single target but has its revenge passive to handle some more
- Golden Son, very nice pure-based area damages, its main drawback is the poor AI which keep using his power move where it's not needed
- Hellhound, good to have at 5* even unsharded when facing toons like Soulless Demon, immunity set is pretty much needed on him to avoid his passive to be disabled by The Prisoner.

The later can also heal you decently once sharded, especially if you specialize in physical damages.
But you are bound to get your hand on Pharaoh Dog sooner or later who will make a far better job at it.

Talismans:

I'd focus on getting myself some "fit everywhere" kind of sets... Strength, Life, Holy ... Easy to get.
Level 40 with 5* is enough to beat last world on madness, you don't get much more from maxing them and it's expensive.

Closing comments:

Second guess everything I said, I'm a senior newb ;)

carush
07-31-2017, 03:16 AM
Thanks for all the tips!

I've definitely been eyeing the Corrupt Rescuer, that freeze seems great

For the Eddie I use, Carriage Rider got me very easily through the first half of Underworld on Hard and Battlefield on Madness and even some LoL stages. But I really fell in love with Cyborg :p Dead Eye is a blast to use and most of the time he can take on an entire wave solo (been playing him nonstop, he's almost 100). I do have Speed of Light eddie, but I like CR a lot and I find his heals/aoe skills a lot more useful. I'll also take another look at Harpy since I stopped using her about halfway through Battlefield on normal.

Lulero
07-31-2017, 03:55 AM
Sounds good!

On a last not Child of the Damned did very well for me in PvE (unsharded) to feed Cyborg expensive powers and he's getting a buff next update.
I can't see him becoming PvP material, but I might use him in (manual, not auto) LoL X after he sat so long on the bench.
With a sharded Cyborg with maxed talisman and some kind of boost (attack preferably) you can one shot the rounds (but boss). And if you generate 5 powers a turn...