PDA

View Full Version : Additional Eternity Soul Characters?

druid138
08-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if additional characters are expected to be added over time to Eternity Soul drops? I can't remember seeing anything suggesting this, but I could have missed it.

Since dupes are possible, I could imagine adopting a strategy of saving up Eternity Souls (once you have 2-3 of the characters) to be used at a future time when the chance of a dupe decreases (due to a larger character pool).

Mariner-1212
08-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Does anyone know if additional characters are expected to be added over time to Eternity Soul drops? I can't remember seeing anything suggesting this, but I could have missed it.

Since dupes are possible, I could imagine adopting a strategy of saving up Eternity Souls (once you have 2-3 of the characters) to be used at a future time when the chance of a dupe decreases (due to a larger character pool).

Good question, I've been wondering this as well. There's that Bird character up above that isn't in the game, unless he's supposed to represent someone else? And then Horus, Aset, and the other one in the skull quests who looks just like Aset but isn't.

druid138
08-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Good question, I've been wondering this as well. There's that Bird character up above that isn't in the game, unless he's supposed to represent someone else? And then Horus, Aset, and the other one in the skull quests who looks just like Aset but isn't.

Agree. It seems like Horus, Aset, and Sekhmet meet the criteria to be included. Maybe The Beast as well, but he might make sense to remain unavailable or to have his own Soul.

Mariner-1212
08-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Agree. It seems like Horus, Aset, and Sekhmet meet the criteria to be included. Maybe The Beast as well, but he might make sense to remain unavailable or to have his own Soul.

I think The Beast might never be available as a player to get. He's way oversized, he's already been included in Eternity Eddie's fury, and his triple-life move set would make him nearly impossible to beat in PVP.

But there is talk on blabbermouth.net about "a boss unlike anything else seen in the game to date (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-legacy-of-the-beast-mobile-game-to-add-brave-new-world-themed-content.html#D7kE7ClrGshCJXTO.99)" in the BNW release, so maybe there's our 4th... or maybe Lord of Light. Exciting just to think about.

druid138
08-01-2017, 06:17 PM
I think The Beast might never be available as a player to get. He's way oversized, he's already been included in Eternity Eddie's fury, and his triple-life move set would make him nearly impossible to beat in PVP.

But there is talk on blabbermouth.net about "a boss unlike anything else seen in the game to date (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-legacy-of-the-beast-mobile-game-to-add-brave-new-world-themed-content.html#D7kE7ClrGshCJXTO.99)" in the BNW release, so maybe there's our 4th... or maybe Lord of Light. Exciting just to think about.

I agree on all points. So, the question I ask myself is, do I start hoarding souls now? :)

Oh, and doesn't The Alchemist make an appearance early on in the story?

Mariner-1212
08-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Oh, and doesn't The Alchemist make an appearance early on in the story?

I think so, was that at the end of the underworld the first time?

So think about this - The Alchemist (song) is from Final Frontier. BNW is fighting in an alien landscape. It's all about Talismans, which an alchemist would probably be responsible for empowering.

In true "taking it too far" fashion, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I hope we get Final Frontier Eddie, Alchemist, BNW and some other alien characters from this next update. Boom.

Lulero
08-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Eternity pool is so low they are some of the easier characters to get (even though I'm at 2/4 over 4 souls). But if you want to stockpile, stick to fragments, once you turn them into souls what you get will get is already decided.

druid138
08-01-2017, 07:48 PM
So think about this - The Alchemist (song) is from Final Frontier. BNW is fighting in an alien landscape. It's all about Talismans, which an alchemist would probably be responsible for empowering.

In true "taking it too far" fashion, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I hope we get Final Frontier Eddie, Alchemist, BNW and some other alien characters from this next update. Boom.

I like it! Btw, the Final Frontier album was released on Aug 13, 2010. I'd take a 7-year anniversary celebration of some sort. :)

Kardas
08-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Me and Osiris have discussed this at length as well.

I am convinced The Alchemist will join as a later Eternal (not sure what class he'd be; magus is a shoe-in, but Clair is that already, so he might be a Sentinel or Gunner), but I expect he's only gonna show up once Night City becomes something more than a legend.

I can see Horus joining the Eternal crew (no Sentinel Eternals yet anyway), but I'm not so sure about his buddies Aset and Sekhmet. Osiris pointed out that Aset works quite similarly to Clairvoyant, and Sekhmet is well... an even easier fight than the Campaign version of Beelzebub. Isn't Sekhmet super burny as well anyway?

druid138
08-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Me and Osiris have discussed this at length as well.

I am convinced The Alchemist will join as a later Eternal (not sure what class he'd be; magus is a shoe-in, but Clair is that already, so he might be a Sentinel or Gunner), but I expect he's only gonna show up once Night City becomes something more than a legend.

I can see Horus joining the Eternal crew (no Sentinel Eternals yet anyway), but I'm not so sure about his buddies Aset and Sekhmet. Osiris pointed out that Aset works quite similarly to Clairvoyant, and Sekhmet is well... an even easier fight than the Campaign version of Beelzebub. Isn't Sekhmet super burny as well anyway?

Good call on a Sentinel or Gunner Alchemist. I hope you're wrong about the Goddesses. Your logic makes sense, but I'd jump through any hoops necessary to get Aset (Isis).

Amarthir
08-02-2017, 06:55 PM
If they added Horus into the game do you think his skills would be nerfed? His basic alone has a 40% chance to stun multiple enemies for 2 turns. That would totally blow the Corrupt General out of the water in terms of effectiveness.

HeadOnFire
08-18-2017, 10:54 PM
If anyone were added as a playable character, I'd say it should be Horus. But of course he would need to be adjusted, both in skill effects and in his physical size. But at any rate, the only work I really want to see done on the Eternal souls is letting us choose which Eternal we get. That wouldn't detract from the game at all, and would make people a lot more willing to work for the soul fragments - unlike the current lottery system, that crashes half the time, and has caused me to simply uninstall the game and wait until they clean it up.

DEVELOPERS and PROGRAMMERS: I really do love the game you've created. Now please work on fixing it before pumping out any new content!