PDA

View Full Version : Talismans (set) for Eternity Eddie

Ladyofshadow-6319
08-01-2017, 06:38 PM
After a great effort I got my Eternity Eddie, but I do not know what strategy to use for him or what talismans serve him. I thought of putting them health talismans but I do not know what other types of talismans suits him

T-Man
08-01-2017, 08:58 PM
I don't have mine sharded, nor have I used him in the arena, but I do 3 purple and 3 green. 3 assn, 3 guard. You could do void shield and or energy or blind etc as well.

He hits hard with 6 purple, but he would be a bit of a glass canon. If you do 6 purple make sure to protect him with a healer, reviver, shields.

mjmxiii
08-01-2017, 09:08 PM
If you have them or when they become more readily available, Resistance x 2 would boost his DEF and MR significantly, Resilience x 2 would boost his HP by 50% of his ATK and MAG and Shell x 2 would give him more HP and protection.

7son
08-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Vampire talismans (purple) work great if you have them. Assassin talismans also work well. I prefer to use green health talismans with good magic resistance on his other slots. It's a tradeoff on damage dealt, but keeps him alive longer. Still playing around with his setup, so I'm curious what others think as well. Something else I noticed is if you want to use him for pvp, make sure you skill shard the hell out of him.

7son
08-01-2017, 09:24 PM
If you have them or when they become more readily available, Resistance x 2 would boost his DEF and MR significantly, Resilience x 2 would boost his HP by 50% of his ATK and MAG and Shell x 2 would give him more HP and protection.

Ha!
Love your song lyric mjmxiii. Gonna sing it that way from now on. ...Along with "Can I Play With Matches" 😁

Ladyofshadow-6319
08-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Thanks you guys
Their answers have been very useful and the information they gave helped me a lot
:)

Ladyofshadow-6319
08-02-2017, 12:40 AM
Vampire talismans (purple) work great if you have them. Assassin talismans also work well. I prefer to use green health talismans with good magic resistance on his other slots. It's a tradeoff on damage dealt, but keeps him alive longer. Still playing around with his setup, so I'm curious what others think as well. Something else I noticed is if you want to use him for pvp, make sure you skill shard the hell out of him.
I would like to use it for PvP
I finally decided to add void talismans and blind talismans
PD: I have defeated many Eternity Eddies in the Arena, it seems that his health is not enough

90mphyorker
08-02-2017, 01:08 AM
I've gone with 3 Assassin and 3 Endure. Only slightly less damage than with 6 Assassin but gives you extra survivability without sacrificing damage that going with 3 greens would do.

Ladyofshadow-6319
08-02-2017, 01:39 AM
I've gone with 3 Assassin and 3 Endure. Only slightly less damage than with 6 Assassin but gives you extra survivability without sacrificing damage that going with 3 greens would do.
How is the extra survivability you mention?

Amarthir
08-02-2017, 01:49 AM
How is the extra survivability you mention?

It's extra survivability in a sense that as long as endure doesn't get removed or stolen, it will keep Eddie from dying for the first three turns of the fight, giving him a chance to deal as much damage as he can without worrying about being taken out.

Ladyofshadow-6319
08-02-2017, 02:00 AM
It's extra survivability in a sense that as long as endure doesn't get removed or stolen, it will keep Eddie from dying for the first three turns of the fight, giving him a chance to deal as much damage as he can without worrying about being taken out.

It is very useful to fight in the Arena, this counteracts the few points of health that has this Eddie

90mphyorker
08-02-2017, 02:08 AM

Bingo.

Now there is a lot of characters that will remove or steal it, Wrath, Red Buzz Lightyear and the Newborns I'm looking at you! But they don't always steal or remove and before I put the Endurere set on him, if I lost the toss I could guarantee I'd be reviving him. Now more often than not, I'm not.

Works for me for the team I run. But what works for me doesn't always work for someone else.

Blacksteel
08-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Void talismans for the purple slots as they have a buff removal effect on the enemy if activated, vampire can work well too.
For the other slots I would add at least 2 green talismans if you care for survivability, shell and guard work well but the effect can be stolen or removed, however the HP's they provide will remain and it can stop a nasty first hit, i.e. golden son hits hard and can remove it, but while that happens shell talismans could still save you from maybe 7000 hp damage and less for guardian talisman but you will get some fury in return.
If you don't add greens he will be a glass cannon, which has it uses too but he will likely die soon, you could use some yellow/gunner for a little more damage than the green but less HP still more HP than all others (except green/sentinel of course) and gain invisibility and/or more special (fury).
You need to figure what best fits your team.
Congratulations on the Eternal Eddie he can be rather useful.

Mariner-1212
08-02-2017, 03:27 PM
I use him a lot on my PVP Offense because he gets a lot of extra turns. I fully sharded him, and I think he was 100% worth it.

Talismans: I use 3 Void, and 3 Health (Paralyze, Energy, blind, or 2 Shell + 1 Health).

In terms of damage change by talismans:

Deepest Cut (with class advantage):
3697*3 hits with 3 void and 3 green. So that's 11091 in true damage.
5559*3 hits with 3 void and 3 assassin. That's 16667 in true damage.

If you're going with all purple talismans, you should offset your team with a Block passive toon, like your Dog of War (or when you get them, the green Angel of Strife or Warrior Undead Rescuer). This will take the hits after 50% so you last more than one round with him.

7son
08-02-2017, 04:19 PM
I use him a lot on my PVP Offense because he gets a lot of extra turns. I fully sharded him, and I think he was 100% worth it.

Talismans: I use 3 Void, and 3 Health (Paralyze, Energy, blind, or 2 Shell + 1 Health).

If you're going with all purple talismans, you should offset your team with a Block passive toon, like your Dog of War (or when you get them, the green Angel of Strife or Warrior Undead Rescuer). This will take the hits after 50% so you last more than one round with him.

I'm diggin your setup, seems the best for all around balance. Was using assassins, now much prefer voids. His built in buffs are kick ass, and love applying a death mark and get an extra turn or three! After trying him out in the arena a few times I realized full skill shards are a must! Only 4 more shards to go and mine's coming off the bench.

T-Man
08-02-2017, 05:06 PM
This thread got me playing around with him more. Now thinking of sharding him. Though, with the big update on the horizon I'm trying to hold out. Never know how that is going to change things in the arena.

Mariner-1212
08-02-2017, 05:59 PM
7son and T-Man, he was the single character that took my PVP from "I suck and this sucks" to "I'm kicking serious ass and this is a lot of fun" ... and he seems balanced enough that (hopefully) no nerfs will be needed. He's not great on defense, but incredible on offense.

Don't get me wrong, I still suck... but I can win more matches than I lose, and clear some lists... and he's the reason.

Ladyofshadow-6319
08-02-2017, 10:46 PM

Hi Mariner, thank you for always give what I need
Your Eternity Eddie is cool and has good stats
Is this eddie good to fight in the Arena?
I just checked your eddie and by chance I have put the same talismans (voids), the only thing different is that I put 3 other blind talismans

T-Man
08-03-2017, 01:32 AM
7son and T-Man, he was the single character that took my PVP from "I suck and this sucks" to "I'm kicking serious ass and this is a lot of fun" ... and he seems balanced enough that (hopefully) no nerfs will be needed. He's not great on defense, but incredible on offense.

Don't get me wrong, I still suck... but I can win more matches than I lose, and clear some lists... and he's the reason.

Cool man. Glad he is working for you. He is one of a few toons I'm debating about sharding at the moment. I've seen him in the arena take out my shielded GCR in one turn. Impressive!