PDA

View Full Version : Possible PvP exploit?

MrFreeze
08-07-2017, 12:00 PM
I know this should be in the pvp thread, but I wanted to put it here so it's more visible.

So, to the point, I had a pretty busy weekend and was unable to play between Saturday (a few hours before reset) until this morning. I owe all my troopers an apology there. In that time, I was attacked 50 times so far in pvp (We know about this bug already, it's old news) I have yet to make an attack for the new week and something occurred to me this morning. If I don't attack, I'll keep showing up on lists at lower ranks. My hold rate right now is 40% as opposed to my normal 15-18%. If I keep letting it happen for a few days, then once I attack I'll remain invisible (I think) until I get my attack number back up to where the defense number is.

I'm not a very competitive pvp player, so I may be wrong in thinking this is of any value. I get sick of playing it over and over, especially by Saturday evening, so im lucky to hold top 250 these days. I'm gonna try it and see what happens this week. I'm thinking if you can remain invisible on the last few days, you won't get hit by the higher ranked players.

If this somehow works really good, I'll let myself fall out of the ranking on Saturday. I'm not trying to take rank from anyone who worked for it. I'm just curious if it would work or not. I'm sure they're aware of it and working on a fix. But if it can be exploited, maybe it should move up on the priority list.

Patrice-1201
08-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Very curious to see where this goes...

DaveMurray
08-07-2017, 02:06 PM
lol time for a pvp break ;)

Blacksteel
08-07-2017, 02:32 PM
It might work but just up to a certain point.
You may be holding attacks at the lower tiers but your team can only rank up to the point where your defense stops being effective enough to keep the momentum, also active players will start to drop your rank as they take the higher tiers by raking up points.

Anyway let us know how it goes.

7son
08-07-2017, 02:42 PM
Yeah I was thinking something similar. Same thing for me, had family drop in unexpected this weekend & didn't play Sat or Sun(apologies to my troopers as well). Even made an ironite purchase, that pretty much ended up being worthless. It was my first time buying anything, so I just consider it a donation.

Bradata
08-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Same BS even after the last update that was supposed to fix the PVP list. 2 days ago I got attacked from a very low ranked player who didn't have a single 5* toon in his defense team and was 4th or 6th on the ranks. So from your post it looks like it gotten worst than from before the update, if you haven't played PVP you shouldn't be on the lists for attacks.

MrFreeze
08-07-2017, 04:54 PM
You may be holding attacks at the lower tiers but your team can only rank up to the point where your defense stops being effective enough to keep the momentum, also active players will start to drop your rank as they take the higher tiers by raking up points.

Yeah, I expect to be somewhere between 1000-2000 by wed or thur. If I wait long enough though I should be able to get at least 50-100 "invisible" matches before it catches up. It may all be pointless but I'm interested to see the result.

Sag7272
08-08-2017, 12:53 AM

Tried it just last week lol!
By Wednesday if I wanted to remain afloat I had to cross the line... Interestingly had to go way above 10 fight over 1:1 thresholds for it to goes out "normal"
Again... Unless holding at 50% rate & being suuuuper picky on who you attack, I seriously doubt you can pass half week going that way...
Wish you good luck trying ;)

MrFreeze
08-08-2017, 02:41 AM
Tried it just last week lol!
By Wednesday if I wanted to remain afloat I had to cross the line... Interestingly had to go way above 10 fight over 1:1 thresholds for it to goes out "normal"
Again... Unless holding at 50% rate & being suuuuper picky on who you attack, I seriously doubt you can pass half week going that way...
Wish you good luck trying ;)

My plan is to stay at 0 attacks til the end of the week. I'm already sinking down pretty far but I doubt I'll go below 2000 or so. I don't really have any rank I'm trying to reach, I'm just interested in seeing how fast I can climb without having to worry about getting hit constantly. I'm missing out on the daily ironite bonus though so that kinda sucks.

MrFreeze
08-08-2017, 12:06 PM
One funny observation so far. I don't know how many points I started the week with but I think 1900 is the max right? I'm pretty sure I didn't even make top 250 last week so I'm guessing I had less than that. Whatever it was, I'm just over 2000 points right now (ranked around 1100). So by not playing a single match I've gained points. That's messed up.

Sag7272
08-08-2017, 04:15 PM
My plan is to stay at 0 attacks til the end of the week. I'm already sinking down pretty far but I doubt I'll go below 2000 or so. I don't really have any rank I'm trying to reach, I'm just interested in seeing how fast I can climb without having to worry about getting hit constantly. I'm missing out on the daily ironite bonus though so that kinda sucks.

Oh.. I'd say it's not "that" hard as for my experience... Still invisible here & cleared at least 2 lists yesterday, besides revenges no attacks in sight.When I took a couple weeks PvP break I usually sat around 1500rank while being attacked 5-6 times a week... It will change as soon as you'll push the throttle a bit..

Would not call it an exploit tho true you gain points with holds but they can't sustain any desirable level by themselves & all the catch up you'll have to do at some point will probably balance things out pretty quickly (as in my case)... Fun to start a mad rush with about 50 SOW tho ;)

MrFreeze
08-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Yeah. So far I think this "strategy" is only good if you don't feel like playing pvp. I thought I would keep getting attacked, but they seem to have stopped at 54 of them. The last one was almost 24 hrs ago. I'm still gonna hold off a bit and see if I get anymore overnight, but there's a good chance this is all pretty pointless.

MrFreeze
08-13-2017, 12:28 AM
So, for anyone who still cares about this, I gotta say, it kind of worked. I started hitting one battle a day on tue or wed just to get the daily reward. Thursday night I started burning through all the ironite I'd accumulated throughout the week. I'd fallen below rank 2000 by quite a bit. By Friday afternoon I'd caught up with my attacks at around 50-60. I took it easy then and only battled a few people above me. By that point I'd climbed up to around 400.

I did pretty much the same thing today. I only used the free SoW throughout the day and got to around 200 with a few hours to go. I only got the rare revenge, no attacks. I had to do a few things and got home with 30 mins to go. I was still right around 200, so I went for it. With only 1 refill I made it to the top 100 with very little work. It was only at the very end that I finally started getting hit.

The reason I called this an exploit in the title is because without that bug that carries your attacks over into the following week, this wouldn't work the same. I think with a little more effort at the end someone could go pretty far without much work throughout the week. Another example of being rewarded to not play. Anyway, I'm sure this bug is something they're working on a fix for.

I hope someone finds all this interesting. I'm not recommending it by any means. Most of you guys on here already have much better strategies anyway. I just thought I should finish this post and share the results.

slauki
08-13-2017, 10:03 AM
So, for anyone who still cares about this, I gotta say, it kind of worked. I started hitting one battle a day on tue or wed just to get the daily reward. Thursday night I started burning through all the ironite I'd accumulated throughout the week. I'd fallen below rank 2000 by quite a bit. By Friday afternoon I'd caught up with my attacks at around 50-60. I took it easy then and only battled a few people above me. By that point I'd climbed up to around 400.

I did pretty much the same thing today. I only used the free SoW throughout the day and got to around 200 with a few hours to go. I only got the rare revenge, no attacks. I had to do a few things and got home with 30 mins to go. I was still right around 200, so I went for it. With only 1 refill I made it to the top 100 with very little work. It was only at the very end that I finally started getting hit.

The reason I called this an exploit in the title is because without that bug that carries your attacks over into the following week, this wouldn't work the same. I think with a little more effort at the end someone could go pretty far without much work throughout the week. Another example of being rewarded to not play. Anyway, I'm sure this bug is something they're working on a fix for.

I hope someone finds all this interesting. I'm not recommending it by any means. Most of you guys on here already have much better strategies anyway. I just thought I should finish this post and share the results.

i think the problem is you can exploit your way into the top 100 but that's about it. it's prolly hard to get much higher than that.
and it will cost you some ironite, which should benefit the devs :D

in addition to this you have to stop attacking for a few days which will cost you a lot of ironcoins so they should fix this for sure but it's not such a dramatic exploit i think. that said it's the most effective way to get to top 100 for sure if that's enough for you.

MrFreeze
08-13-2017, 11:48 AM
I thought this bug was fixed. Last night my stats were looking normal, but today it's showing 0 attacks for last week. I guess it's not fixed.

Yeah Slauki, top 100 is about the most you'll see me going for (if that). I don't have the dedication you guys do to keep it up all week. Its no joke making top 25 these days. Hats off to you guys that do it consistently