PDA

View Full Version : August 9th 2017 Update Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Sparton_LOTB
08-09-2017, 06:57 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8643).

Ancient Mariner
08-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Graphics look cool judging by the preview!
But please tell me that the loading screens will take less time now; after the last update the time to switch from a section to another increased a lot

Lulero
08-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Patch notes lists Gunner Dog having its talismans changed twice (to different ones at that).

About the fix to fury not being used when a shield is active, unexpected but much welcomed fix!

Awesome team deck feature.

Gonna jump into BNW asap :D

Purplepixii
08-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Unable to get in on Apple devices. Troopers experiencing the same issue 😢

Blacksteel
08-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Wow, now you can click on a talisman you just won and decide to keep or sell on the spot...
Great job on the Garden of life boss \m/.
Hmm, shiny new talismans and achievements, much like, very good.
BTW. When is the Silent Planet coming out?! *FIRST!!!* :cool: j/k...

TiHa
08-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Well this looks interesting and like something good. The new angle for the game is nice.

The boss of Garden of Life looks awesome! :D although it does take him a little long to open up and close after each time his shield regenerates and gets destroyed.

Peppoah
08-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Same here. Updated through AppStore but can't start the game yet.

Ubajoa
08-09-2017, 07:19 PM
I love all the changes and new features, but 8 - 15 SoT per game is insane.

Patrice-1201
08-09-2017, 07:20 PM
What about the new Eddie mentionned by Lexi Leon is that in a future update ?

Monte47
08-09-2017, 07:27 PM

Mine still gives me the maintenance banner

Sparton_LOTB
08-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Patch notes lists Gunner Dog having its talismans changed twice (to different ones at that).

Oh, whoops. Looks like we changed it again after some testing and missed we had a previous, not-yet-live change in the preliminary patch notes.

The intent is changing from 2 Gold and 1 Purple to 1 Gold, 1 Red, and 1 Green.

Game is still under maintenance on iOS as we perform final checks and ensure the game has propagated to the App Store in most/all regions.

What about the new Eddie mentionned by Lexi Leon is that in a future update ?

I don't think we have anything specific to announce about the next Eddie yet.

Rain88
08-09-2017, 07:37 PM
I love all the changes and new features, but 8 - 15 SoT per game is insane.

Definitely insane. Makes using all troopers more difficult. They should just create a new sand to be used for BNW and Lord of light

Monte47
08-09-2017, 07:37 PM
And, were off. That new Boss is freaky man. Lol, made me feel weird playing it. The graphics are awesome

zamasu
08-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Great Update. The graphics are insane! thank you so much!

Couple of questions:

1. Is there a list of the new talismans added?
2. With all the new talismans, shouldn't it be reasonable to add more talismans slots? 200 is not enough!

Thanks again for the update!

Dank Brew
08-09-2017, 07:47 PM
This is expensive. 15 SOT... once we're there, 5 battles and were done until SOT replenish.

Is that the goal? Less play time?

Other than that, it's awesome. You guys planning on raising SOT cap above 80?...

80 is an random number anyways. Why not make it 100...?

Kris-0707
08-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Expensive, 15 SoT for 1 battle is just crazy, nice ironite sink and $$$ income - smart move, graphic-wise looks ok, however boss's animations are too long, sound of the new bosses - horrible, I had to mute the phone to finish 3rd battle.

Dank Brew
08-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Got a phone call right before I killed the dragon on round 7.... finish the call and now the game is loading. What happened to the old days when you could continue where you left off? I'm gonna have to play with blocking mode on now? wtf

15 SOT gone, wasted trooper.

Did my trooper still receive his points?

Sparton_LOTB
08-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Couple of questions:

1. Is there a list of the new talismans added?
2. With all the new talismans, shouldn't it be reasonable to add more talismans slots? 200 is not enough!

You can see all of the new talismans (and find out what floors they drop in) by using the REWARDS button that's visible when you're viewing the quest list for a Brave New World dungeon.
We definitely are looking into that, but technical reasons right now prevent us from going above 200 for any inventory, so I'm not sure when we'll be able to exceed that limit.

This is expensive. 15 SOT... once we're there, 5 battles and were done until SOT replenish.

Is that the goal? Less play time?

Even with the best possible strategies and teams, clearing Floor X of any BNW dungeon will take much longer than almost any other quest, so part of the reason it's so expensive is to not make play times balloon too much.

That said, we also made it so you can get more rewards per fight, too (can get 2-4 rewards per fight, instead of 2-3 for Lord of Light and 1-2 for campaign).

gmac
08-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Anyone passed that lv yet?

Buttons went missing 3 times in a row now on the boss.

Dank Brew
08-09-2017, 08:10 PM
I just removed beneficial effects on Gunner corrupt rescuer with my assassin new born of light, then "killed" him with my assassin COTD, he didn't die and his endure came back... FYI

Aristo4
08-09-2017, 08:13 PM

finishing lvl 10 right now, no issues so far :)

Patrice-1201
08-09-2017, 08:14 PM
I don't think we have anything specific to announce about the next Eddie yet.

Strange on the BNW video, Lexi says we'll go over the new Eddie, a favorite Eddie and his special abilities...

gmac
08-09-2017, 08:17 PM
finishing lvl 10 right now, no issues so far :)

Just happened a 4th time to me.

EDIT: 6 times in a row.

Dank Brew
08-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Strange on the BNW video, Lexi says we'll go over the new Eddie, a favorite Eddie and his special abilities...

Yeah I thought there was going to be a new Eddie... Or atleast some sort of sale (that uses ironite, not $100 real money.. :O)

Patrice-1201
08-09-2017, 08:20 PM
i can't connect, it doesn't go to Connect to Facebook, it just spins....

Monte47
08-09-2017, 08:30 PM
I'm happy. Was disappointed at first with the cost, but I've also made some ironite, so it's a wash tbh. New talisman are fun. Boss is a little slow, but still, interesting. No complaints from me really. Thanks NF

ShadowedLies
08-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Is anyone having an issue where the game crashes mid update? Been trying for over an hour now but my game will crash out randomly during the update. On Samsung Galaxy S6.

RobG-9641
08-09-2017, 09:05 PM
I won 15 ironite twice on levels 1 & 2 so I don't think higher levels will be too expensive... Loving the new update!!!

yojo
08-09-2017, 09:08 PM
same situations for me

Sparton_LOTB
08-09-2017, 09:13 PM
If you're having issues logging into the game or downloading the update, please contact support at [email protected].

What team are you using?

Lulero
08-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Just beat Fear X. Buttons disappeared once on IX while using Slash (not a 3-taps move) on Grim Reaper Eddie. Other toons in the teams were AoF, Pharaoh Dog and Wrath.

Ezz
08-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Just got crushed on garden of fear level 9. Can't wait to see how fun level 10 must be

Sparton_LOTB
08-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Heads up, there is a confirmed issue that a combat hang can occur if using Angel of Fear. Our team is working on isolating the exact cause to implement a fix.

For the time being, you'll want to refrain from bringing him into the Brave New World dungeon to avoid the bug.

Monte47
08-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Hey, one note- achievements aren't accruing. I've been at 157/160 for sometime, and I've gotten four or five achievements from the new levels. Should have made that skill shard.

ShadowedLies
08-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Finally in. Running garden of fear level 7 or 8. Game crahsed immediately after using 40 ironite to revive. -.- Is there a known issue for the game crashing randomly on Galaxy S6 because this is getting beyond frustrating.

On a positive note BNW is awesome! Dragon king is a right pain.

MrFreeze
08-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Thanks Sparton, Kaz, Jerry, etc!!!

gmac
08-09-2017, 09:54 PM
If you're having issues logging into the game or downloading the update, please contact support at [email protected].

What team are you using?

Just confirming, AoF, Navigator, Wrath and W Buzz.

I was just using that same team on Garden of Dismay lv8, and the issue did not happen. (but I loss, tough boss!!!). So, maybe an issue on the other dungeon only.

Hope this get looked into real soon, and people receive their ironite back!

cheers
gmac

Kamuz24z
08-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Cloud Eddie Is a new character or just a new name for an existing one

Blacksteel
08-09-2017, 10:19 PM
sorry to say but Garden Life VIII so far 2 app crashes and 1 wait state freeze .

druid138
08-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Cloud Eddie Is a new character or just a new name for an existing one

It's a different name for Storm.

druid138
08-09-2017, 10:26 PM
I won 15 ironite twice on levels 1 & 2 so I don't think higher levels will be too expensive... Loving the new update!!!

IIRC, LoL dungeons rewarded high ironite drops the first time you passed a floor. But, that was a one-time thing. I assume the same is true for BNW.

BonFire
08-09-2017, 10:38 PM
The update is acting really weird for me. Intalled it, started the game, and it hung on the facebook login, closed the app, started up, and it kept going back to the NF logo, got the game started up, it crashed on my second skull quest, and when I try start again, suddenly my gmail was open and the game was crashed. Maybe I'll try after 5, or restart my phone.

Blacksteel
08-09-2017, 10:41 PM
A 3rd crash in less than an hour, this time on PvP :confused:, can't play PvP like this, losing 20 points every crash.
Will try reinstalling see if that helps.

Lulero
08-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Heads up, there is a confirmed issue that a combat hang can occur if using Angel of Fear. Our team is working on isolating the exact cause to implement a fix.

For the time being, you'll want to refrain from bringing him into the Brave New World dungeon to avoid the bug.

Hahaha. Bugs are bound to happen I'm not mad or anything. But, of all toons, AoF? :D

On another note, Dismay will require some thinking on my end! Got killed on IX.
Feels much harder than Fear for me, have yet to try Life.

IceManFerrar
08-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Hahaha. Bugs are bound to happen I'm not mad or anything. But, of all toons, AoF? :D

What toons are you guys using? I had to revive on Garden of Life Level X...50 bloody Ironite...sheesh. Wrath does not remove that titan shield at all...what the heck???

90mphyorker
08-09-2017, 11:13 PM
Is there a reason why when you revive an Eddie in Arena with Corrupt Gunner Rescuer she never gives them Endure? Happened all the time before and still happening now.

Ancient Mariner
08-09-2017, 11:16 PM

Weird, I completed all levels in garden of life and cleared lvl 1&2 of garden of dismay with wrath and angel of fear, but no problems so far.. does it maybe happens only in the (warrior) garden of fear? Or maybe it's just random

Iced_Earth
08-09-2017, 11:20 PM
cleared life and fear easy, but the last level of dismay.. holy fuck. theres no light insight, to deal with those ridiculous shields :D

ps: i want final frontiers eddie hard !

slauki
08-09-2017, 11:30 PM
really cool and challenging update so far. love the talisman options and love the first time ironite drop. the balancing aspect seems also really good, but some more testing has to be done to judge this ofc.

it's just awesome that we can save up to 3 teams for every possible playground out there. very welcome improvement the scrolling was extremly annoying.

what i dislike is the huge sot sink. yeah it takes longer to complete BNW level but we have to do our 50 trooper, so please consider some handy solution for this problem. it would be great if you could increase the sot cap to 100. or simply make it possible to use 2-3 trooper at once.

another thing: i have this error message, but thank god the game will load after thhis nontheless:

but a friend of mine cannot load the game for hours now...

i hadn't experience button disappearings so far and i have used aof a bit....

EDIT: 45 ironite to revive?WTF, are you serious? this has to be a mistake man...

Nekroliun
08-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Well i saw that the icon has changed today, so the update had to be good roight? Ofc it was, BNW at fucking last, and from my first impressions, its pretty fucking nice, read about the "dragon kings" in the description of the update and was like "im pretty sure i kno all of IM's songs but i dont recall dragon kings", anyone fill me in, lyrics that i forgot maybe? Anyways.

First five minutes were pretty cool, went into garden of fear first, didnt kno what to expect other than red stuff... lvl wa spretty normal, kill the bad guys. And then HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I was like, holy shit this is badass, gotta admit that this (stage 1) boss, took 3 turns to kill... keeps getting shields and shit like that... which reminds me...

All in all pretty bad update, 2/10 - Lord Nekroliun

Lulero
08-09-2017, 11:43 PM
What toons are you guys using? I had to revive on Garden of Life Level X...50 bloody Ironite...sheesh. Wrath does not remove that titan shield at all...what the heck???

Didn't try Life yet. Just beat Dismay and got Fear down earlier as well.

Pharaoh Dog absolute MVP so far. You want sustain and immunity on those bosses, unless you figure how to kill fast, and that toon gives both.

Unsharded Gunner Dog hitting 6 times a turn with 25% of extra turn was really welcomed on Dismay.
I didn't use a toon to boost accuracy, but could really help.

I did use AoF for Fear, before Sparton said it was causing the "buttons gone missing" bug.

Alright, Life here I come!

Witkacy
08-09-2017, 11:53 PM
Evening all :)

Thanks for the update...

+ Graphics, Worlds, New Enemies
+ Finally something new!
- Play cost: 15 SoT harder stages/40 IRS for revive as I've read somewhere? So... The intentions of devs seem to be pretty clear: play very little or at all or run to the store to buy some IRS for hard ca$h...
- The game totally frozen after finishing I Stage of Garden Of Dismay... Well... For now won't risk playing this thing - losing SoTs/Rewards/Trooper Points...

Out of everything... What's the point of playing Skull Quest Talisman Horde now for 12 SoT just to get everyday's shine Sorcery Freezing x1?

So... Let's sum this up: 2x ''+'', 2x ''-'' = 0

Cheers,

W

Amarthir
08-09-2017, 11:59 PM
So far I'm on level 8 for all 3 dungeons. Fear and Life aren't too bad, in my opinion as long as you can keep up a thorn or cyclone shield, you'll do alright damage wise. I also use Navigator Eddie for healing the team and taking down that force shield, and as long as he's invisible, he can keep supporting the team. It's great on fear when he uses charted course and you have thorn sheilds, the Dragon King's attacks just tickle with those buffs. But it's mostly the negative effects you have to worry about. Obviously immunity plays a big role in this unless you can stay invisible, I haven't tried my Pharaoh dog but I'll do as was suggested. I can imagine that the Garden of Life boss works the same way if you find someone who can lower the King's magic and boost your own resistance, while applying a cyclone shield. But the Dismay is very difficult because of how many hits the force shield needs before the passive resets. I can imagine bringing in as many multi hit attackers as you can to make it work.

R1ck
08-10-2017, 01:25 AM
Finished life and dismay without revive, the most difficult dismay X. I used wrath, gunner Pharao dog, cyborg and GS assasin.

Witkacy
08-10-2017, 01:30 AM
Another observation here: it's just me or the avatars for the Corrupt Rescuers has been changed? The ones for the Magus and so Assassin have disgusting colours right now...

Cheers,

W

T-Man
08-10-2017, 01:43 AM
Happy to see BNW finally. Props NF. Only played a few levels so far. The SoT cost to play = ouch!

Cheers for doing Vampire Hunter right. Jeers for nerfing GCR.

Monte47
08-10-2017, 01:52 AM
GCR is pretty worthless now. Put her on the bench with her sister. Tho, PVP is more interesting I guess.

druid138
08-10-2017, 01:56 AM
Well i saw that the icon has changed today, so the update had to be good roight? Ofc it was, BNW at fucking last, and from my first impressions, its pretty fucking nice, read about the "dragon kings" in the description of the update and was like "im pretty sure i kno all of IM's songs but i dont recall dragon kings", anyone fill me in, lyrics that i forgot maybe? Anyways.

From Brave New World:

Dragon kings, dying queens
Where is salvation now
Lost my life, lost my dreams
Rip the bones from my flesh

I was hoping to see some Dying Queens, too. But, the Dragon is pretty awesome!

Lulero
08-10-2017, 02:02 AM
Beat all three dungeons \m/

Life was slooooow and more likely than others to bug out.

Imho Dismay > Life > Fear.

EDIT, some tips:

Pharaoh Dog is my MVP and the only toon I used in all three.
Damage reduction passive, healing, immunity in one package.
Bring one or two energy sets and bosses are only a matter of time.

To avoid the game hanging bug, use the left side of screen for tempo taps.
What happened to me is that after pressing a skill, the skill buttons would come back instantly.
Pressing one of those before they disappear (after the current skill is resolved) leads to force close the app.

The waves with 3 foes including one bigger than usual can be cleared by killing that one only (as for campaign bosses with minions).

Even unsharded, Gunner Dog is invaluable for Dismay. 6 Hits with 25% of extra turn helps.
Also decent damage wise since he deals random damage, and the boss converts magic and physical to a fixed (based on max health) amount of pure damages.

Grim Reaper Eddie rips through Fear. Don't forget his fury hits 6 times, make use of it.

EDIT 2: On the down side of things ...

One thing that already bugged me before but became even more obvious now is the need for SoT refills.
It's not just a matter of having to pay to enjoy the game in its entirety. That'd be alright.
Issue #1 is that many, me included, feel obligated to run 50 troopers a day. Because it's for their sake too.
Issue #2 is that SoT is needed to farm, which is already time intensive, a chord for F2P players, a chore that you have to pay for doing.

In all other mobile games I got to play this "stamina" system never took it this far.
Friends usually just require a click a day.
Farming can be achieved instantly if you already completed the level and spend some resources.
Time intensive or spend money, not both.

Blacksteel
08-10-2017, 04:19 AM
And another freeze this time auto-attacking while taunted by a SSD , 11:17 PM CST vs caliza12, now it won't even respond to the exit button, sorry but this is not fixed yet @Sparton.

Ezz
08-10-2017, 05:45 AM
Just got booted from garden of fear X twice in a row. A good 10 minutes into the match the screen went black and I am back at my phones homescreen. Incredibly irritating.
Team used was GRE, Wrath, MRE, and warrior undead rescuer.
I think both times my undead rescuer was attacking when it happened.

Update: Ugh, another crash like above on garden of life X this time but different team. This is aggravating, I've wasted 45 sands of time and probably 45 minutes with nothing to show for it.

Guess I will have to wait to pass levels X until this is addressed.

mjmxiii
08-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Had to drop in and give props to NF, BNW is pretty cool! You guys have been busy!

I'm cool with the SoT cost if it means 300-400 ironite after every run of ten levels.. if it's just reward for the first time, then yes NF should rethink pricing. What's the point of building this world if it costs too much to play?

Confirming all the same stuff with gameplay, whole bunch of crashes going on in PvP and BNW.

One last thing, are there any plans (Sparton or Kaz) to consolidate the Talisman Horde and Cache rewards into BNW so that we can get a change to those two Skull levels? Seems like an opportunity to make them more worthy of the SoT cost.

Patrice-1201
08-10-2017, 07:49 AM
It would very useful to have a description of what the new talismans are doing ;-)

Ian
08-10-2017, 08:05 AM
It would very useful to have a description of what the new talismans are doing ;-)

Equip a set of them on a character, it'll tell you what they do if you tap the icon shown under talisman effects.

Moonchild-6759
08-10-2017, 08:31 AM
All in all a good update. Gonna be really time consuming to run daily, but it was truly a challenge. I personally rely heavily on Wrath from my troopers as I do not have it myself. But I did manage to kill them all on first go without any bugs! Happy, especially the low amount of bugs I've encountered!

Though a team with Pharaoh Dog (gunner) makes most of it easy as you can no problem out heal the damage. As well as marks being insanely overpowered due to the %-based damage done and the high hp on bosses, making Eternity Eddie insane.

Liebhild
08-10-2017, 09:01 AM
I was using Soldier Eddies Roulette
=> game stuck

Witkacy
08-10-2017, 09:13 AM

I'm cool with the SoT cost if it means 300-400 ironite after every run of ten levels.. if it's just reward for the first time, then yes NF should rethink pricing. What's the point of building this world if it costs too much to play?...

mjmxiii :)

Well, I am sure that is the second option you've mentioned... Like it was when you've cleared Lord Of Light dungeons for the first time - you've been rewarded with ''free'' IRS as well... To be sure of that tried couple times some levels of various gardens that I already passed and sure got my rewards but no IRS every time...

So... I will play all stages to the end, collect the ''free'' IRS and so rewards upon achievements screen and just end my adventure with new worlds right now, cause this stock of IRS will allow me to refill many times in ''normal'' worlds when there will be such need than wasting everything in couple of runs in exchange of some talis... Somehow I was able to manage without any of them up to now, so I think I'll do later as well...

Cheers,

W

Kris-0707
08-10-2017, 09:29 AM
So time consuming!!!! 50 troopers, 8 daily locations, PVP, BNW, LoL..... how to managed that without spending whole day with the phone in your hand?
Is there any chance to implement possibility of using 2 troopers per battle? 1 trooper ally & 1 trooper Eddie, but trooper Eddie would be for example a leader without possibility of changing him to different Eddie during the whole fight?
Cost of SoT for the battle with 2 troopers might be doubled as well, it is all about saving the time to use all 50 troopers.

Liebhild
08-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Soldier Eddies Roulette still gets countered :-(

Liebhild
08-10-2017, 11:36 AM
If LotB would be running rock solid the high SoT costs would be OK, but if the game is crashing and we loose 15 SoT it's baah.

thealchemist
08-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Its only early days but SoT costs are extreme at this point. The thing I am most unhappy about though is now we can no longer farm for 3* evo runes on madness levels. I'm getting low on red ones atm and new talismans are all good and fine but if I dont have the evo runes to evolve them its almost pointless. For 15 SoT there better be 3* COLOURED evo runes guaranteed or I am gonna whinge about it every day I can...

slash1424
08-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Really cool update. was real excited and played till my phone needed charged. the challenge is fun had to think/change up my normal team to get past lvl VII fear, the highest lvl i could complete. But I have to say this will see limited runs from me. I enjoy running my troopers to get the badges and sending them, really only way to consistantly get skill shards for me. The cost is way too expensive....some of my re-runs didn't give me any irons (0)....so. Still cool update

Slash-2083

thealchemist
08-10-2017, 11:51 AM
So time consuming!!!! 50 troopers, 8 daily locations, PVP, BNW, LoL..... how to managed that without spending whole day with the phone in your hand?
Is there any chance to implement possibility of using 2 troopers per battle? 1 trooper ally & 1 trooper Eddie, but trooper Eddie would be for example a leader without possibility of changing him to different Eddie during the whole fight?

I like the 2 trooper idea, ideally with one ally and one Eddie but any 2 troopers would still be good, at least for LOL and BNW with their higher SoT costs. I'd prefer to keep the Eddies interchangeable though.

MrFreeze
08-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Farming BNW isn't going to be as easy as I thought. You definitely only get the ironite for the first completion. The cost is high but my guess is they don't want people speed farming it. They don't want us gaining large amounts of these new talismans right away. The last couple levels of all the gardens are really difficult. You not only need maxed characters, you need the right ones. Level X can't be beat with just anyone. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. The challenge is good, but once your maxed, you can't get any stronger. If you don't have the right characters, you could be waiting a long time to complete level X.

Monte47
08-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Lol, I forced quit level X on one after twenty minutes. Heal, bash, heal, bash, heal, bash. Lol

That said, I'm sure there is the right toon/Talisman set to knock that bosses defenses down.

R1ck
08-10-2017, 12:49 PM
3 Star Coloured Evo Runes are no longer available in Madness difficulty of most worlds (3 Star Colourless Evo Runes continue to be available). You can now grind for 3 Star Coloured Evo Runes in the class-appropriate Brave New World dungeons on floors VI and above.

That is no cool guys, 12 SoT to have a chance of getting them.

Witkacy
08-10-2017, 01:19 PM
3 Star Coloured Evo Runes are no longer available in Madness difficulty of most worlds (3 Star Colourless Evo Runes continue to be available). You can now grind for 3 Star Coloured Evo Runes in the class-appropriate Brave New World dungeons on floors VI and above.

R1ck :)

Exactly, my friend... Everything cool, new stuff and all... But who would be neededing all the talis without the possibility to upgrade them, so practically they are FORCING the players to grind the new worlds for the resources sooner or later... It's understandable that I could have been waiting for sth to get and took my time (specific talis) but when I can't progress with them or actually I CAN yet not that way, how I want, but I HAVE TO play somebody else's game - I can only say thank you I am not interested and rather stay where I am now...

Funny thing is that you can spend those SoTs like crazy and still don't have this things you exactly lookin' for (specific talis, runes etc.)

Cheers,

W

Ubajoa
08-10-2017, 02:08 PM

The only way to evolve toons to 5* is to farm Lol's high levels and for a new player the only way to do it is having max level 4* toons with max level talismans and now they have to farm a very hard lvl VI bnw dungeon, possibly impossible for them at that level.

Mariner-1212
08-10-2017, 02:27 PM
NF Team, Devs, and everyone involved in this latest update - Excellent work! Thank you all!

The wait was worth it, BNW does not disappoint in the slightest. The bosses are challenging, the rewards are great, and the ability to save different teams for each level is such a wonderful bonus that none of us expected in this update (I think).

The graphics and animation are always on point, but you've outdone yourselves with the Dragon King and the BNW scenery. It's the stuff of nightmares when he opens up, and truly lives up to the Iron Maiden standard.

I have no complaints. Up The Irons!!!

\M/

IceManFerrar
08-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Beat all three dungeons \m/

Life was slooooow and more likely than others to bug out.

Imho Dismay > Life > Fear.

EDIT, some tips:

Pharaoh Dog is my MVP and the only toon I used in all three.
Damage reduction passive, healing, immunity in one package.
Bring one or two energy sets and bosses are only a matter of time.

To avoid the game hanging bug, use the left side of screen for tempo taps.
What happened to me is that after pressing a skill, the skill buttons would come back instantly.
Pressing one of those before they disappear (after the current skill is resolved) leads to force close the app.

The waves with 3 foes including one bigger than usual can be cleared by killing that one only (as for campaign bosses with minions).

Even unsharded, Gunner Dog is invaluable for Dismay. 6 Hits with 25% of extra turn helps.
Also decent damage wise since he deals random damage, and the boss converts magic and physical to a fixed (based on max health) amount of pure damages.

Grim Reaper Eddie rips through Fear. Don't forget his fury hits 6 times, make use of it.

Special call out and thanks to Lulero for the advice and tips in his posts above. Really helped me beat Dismay Level IX and X, thanks to the Gunner Dog tip. I don't have my Pharaoh Gunner Dog maxed, but used my Sentinel Droid for Immunity and Force Shield. I did have my regular Gunner Dog maxed and applied some Boost, Health, and Strength Talismans in him, and he did quite well, even completely unsharded as Lulero mentions.

Was able to complete all Gardens and all levels, and only had to revive in Life level X, but that was my first Garden and I made some mistakes in my team setup and usage...did not take anything for Immunity and learned my lesson. Had to revive for 50 Ironite in Level X Life (was too lazy and too far along in damaging the Boss to have to replay the game from the beginning :) ).

Btw, Navigator Eddie is great as well, since he hits multiple times.

This may be a newbie observation and the top players know about it already, but could be useful for others (including myself, who figured it out much later, lol):
- the solid shield is depleted based on damage done, so you need to use the heavy hitters when that shield is active (Wrath, Aces High Fury, Nomad, etc.)
- the dotted shield is depleted based on number of hits, regardless of damage, so use multi-hitters when that shield is active (Navigator basic, power, fury; gunner dog; Aces High triple shot power skill; GRE slash; etc.)

For Dismay Levels IX and X, I used Pharaoh Eddie's Fury for the team Invincibility, because those darn Assassin Buzz dudes get so many extra turns and can absolutely destroy your Eddie. So I used Aces High's roulette to quickly build Fury and kept it ready for when I faced the Assassin Buzzes, switching to Pharaoh when I arrived at that wave.

Hope that helps some of you. A BIG THANK YOU again to Lulero, cheers bud!

blade685
08-10-2017, 02:42 PM
30 min to finish last level of garden of life and crash again = 15 pts lost, no reward again seriously....

Mariner-1212
08-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Iceman and Lulero, would you mind posting your messages into the Strategies threads so we can keep those organized and running for players? All really helpful advice! Thanks!

Nicko
08-10-2017, 02:59 PM
It's still showing 3* Rainbow Evo Runes under the rewards section in Underworld Madness.

Is this a mistake?

Ancient Mariner
08-10-2017, 03:06 PM
"Fixed an issue with certain multi-hit skills where it would appear as though the enemy is “healed” due to improper HP bar updates mid-attack"

This is under the "Bug Fixes", but it actually still happens

DaveMurray
08-10-2017, 03:15 PM
So i managed to finish all of them and also farmed a little bit to test drop rates.
SoT requirements are a bit high but i personally don't mind, if anyone wants the quick solution there are always packs on the store, game has to earn money somehow.
Bosses are great and the Fear one may need a buff cause it's way easier than the other two. I also like the new toons and the talisman set ups that make them challenging too.
Drop rates seem low but more farming is required to be sure about that.
Overall it's a nice addition even if i don't understand why it took them so long, except the graphics nothing really special.

I only had problem with crashes on Life and most of the times when enemy toons attacked me. I did experience many crushes though on PvP, since the update about 10 times..i hope it's just temporal.

Now regarding the talisman "fixes", i kinda knew it would happen but i had to wait and test it. Void, Energy etc are pretty much fixed but also the changes affected all talismans and things like Blind f.e. just never proc anymore!
I did about 50 battles in PvP and i was able to blind 3-4 times a single toon with an aoe attack. It's simply ridiculous. Offcourse defences are not affected and everything procs 100%. Small hint, taunt fest is back.

Edit: Sell at once useless things and multi teams additions are freaking awesome.
Edit2: A solution is immediately needed for talisman inventory slots.

Lulero
08-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Iceman and Lulero, would you mind posting your messages into the Strategies threads so we can keep those organized and running for players? All really helpful advice! Thanks!

Glad it helped!

Dunno about posting them 3 times though.

EDIT: Thank you Iceman for saving me the troubles :D

It's still showing 3* Rainbow Evo Runes under the rewards section in Underworld Madness.

Is this a mistake?

It's mentioned in the known issue of the patch notes.

Monte47
08-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Locked up about ten minutes in to Fear X. Crew was GRE, GCR, Magus Golden Son, Nomad. Had not recently revived

Thedarkness
08-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Why cant NF post what the new talisman sets do? Its absurd that its up to the community to make a thread explaining every new update. I have one zone eater that i have no idea what it will do. The earthquake green thing is stupid, basically a green set that does mcr power move for 10 power.

Askora
08-10-2017, 05:13 PM
I've played a bit in the BNW dungeons and so far I'm enjoying it. The price is rather steep though and will make it even more frustrating and difficult for new players to level up talismans. Not sure that removing 3 star colored evo runes from the regular worlds is the best strategy for player retention.

One thing that seems curious is that it was launched without an event. Unless you count the BNW event last year which I wasn't around for. Also, nothing mentioned about any of the new toons introduced being available from souls. Am I the only one who's thinking about this? Has anyone dropped souls and gotten one of the new characters?

DaveMurray
08-10-2017, 05:17 PM
I've played a bit in the BNW dungeons and so far I'm enjoying it. The price is rather steep though and will make it even more frustrating and difficult for new players to level up talismans. Not sure that removing 3 star colored evo runes from the regular worlds is the best strategy for player retention.

One thing that seems curious is that it was launched without an event. Unless you count the BNW event last year which I wasn't around for. Also, nothing mentioned about any of the new toons introduced being available from souls. Am I the only one who's thinking about this? Has anyone dropped souls and gotten one of the new characters?

Taken from announcement.

Debuting Brave New World Characters

A handful of new characters are available, debuting as enemies in the Brave New World:

Warrior Corrupt Rescuer (4 star): Applies burns every turn with her passive and can do more damage to single targets based on the amount of burns on them.
Assassin Corrupt Droid (3 star): An all enemy attacker that heals all allies when it gets a kill and can apply Void Shields to its team.
Warrior Demon Spawn (3 star): Reduces enemy healing with passive and can sacrifice its own health to full heal an ally.
Magus Demon Spawn (3 star): Reduces enemy fury generation with passive, can stun enemies, and can heal and buff defensive stats of allies.
Sentinel Demon Spawn (3 star): Drains HP from enemies every turn with passive and has multi-hit attacks that can silence enemies and grant Reflect Shields to allies.
Gunner Demon Spawn (3 star): Silences enemies at the start of combat and can steal beneficial effects and revive allies.
Assassin Demon Spawn (3 star): Inflicts the new Crave debuff on all enemies at the start of combat (causing them to take damage when healing), plus able to mark enemies, gain Perfect Hit, and revive allies.

All of the above characters are also available in appropriate souls for their class and rarity.

Askora
08-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Taken from announcement.

Debuting Brave New World Characters

A handful of new characters are available, debuting as enemies in the Brave New World:

Warrior Corrupt Rescuer (4 star): Applies burns every turn with her passive and can do more damage to single targets based on the amount of burns on them.
Assassin Corrupt Droid (3 star): An all enemy attacker that heals all allies when it gets a kill and can apply Void Shields to its team.
Warrior Demon Spawn (3 star): Reduces enemy healing with passive and can sacrifice its own health to full heal an ally.
Magus Demon Spawn (3 star): Reduces enemy fury generation with passive, can stun enemies, and can heal and buff defensive stats of allies.
Sentinel Demon Spawn (3 star): Drains HP from enemies every turn with passive and has multi-hit attacks that can silence enemies and grant Reflect Shields to allies.
Gunner Demon Spawn (3 star): Silences enemies at the start of combat and can steal beneficial effects and revive allies.
Assassin Demon Spawn (3 star): Inflicts the new Crave debuff on all enemies at the start of combat (causing them to take damage when healing), plus able to mark enemies, gain Perfect Hit, and revive allies.

All of the above characters are also available in appropriate souls for their class and rarity.

Must of missed that part. Still odd that there was no event along with it. Seems a bit anticlimactic.

Sparton_LOTB
08-10-2017, 05:23 PM
My thanks to everyone for their kind words, constructive criticism, and detailed reports of bugs or other weirdness that has cropped up with the new update. I've done my best to copy over feedback to the team as I go through the thread.

One last thing, are there any plans (Sparton or Kaz) to consolidate the Talisman Horde and Cache rewards into BNW so that we can get a change to those two Skull levels? Seems like an opportunity to make them more worthy of the SoT cost.

We want the Talisman Horde talismans to be primarily found in there (like how we want BNW talismans to now be primarily found in BNW, and in the future, other features will have their own talismans that will primarily be found only in said feature).

That said, we're looking at other options for spicing up the Skull Quests, especially Talisman Cache/Horde (as unlike the other Skull Quests, their usefulness definitely does drop off more for long term players).

Its only early days but SoT costs are extreme at this point. The thing I am most unhappy about though is now we can no longer farm for 3* evo runes on madness levels. I'm getting low on red ones atm and new talismans are all good and fine but if I dont have the evo runes to evolve them its almost pointless. For 15 SoT there better be 3* COLOURED evo runes guaranteed or I am gonna whinge about it every day I can...

While not as good on average as what you're hoping, when they do drop they'll drop in quantities of 3-5 per reward roll, so if you're crazy lucky you could get 20 3 star coloured evo runes from a single Floor VI (or higher) fight. We definitely made sure to tune the quantities based on the higher Sands of Time cost.

The only way to evolve toons to 5* is to farm Lol's high levels and for a new player the only way to do it is having max level 4* toons with max level talismans and now they have to farm a very hard lvl VI bnw dungeon, possibly impossible for them at that level.

We've tuned Floor VI to be possible with 4 star characters and 4 star talismans... it will of course be tricky (just like clearing Floor VII of Lord of Light with 4 stars), but it should very much be feasible if you have the right characters (or some solid troopers as substitutes).

Is this a mistake?

No; like the 3 Star Colourless Evolution Shards, you can 3 Star Colourless Evo Runes still from the harder levels of the campaign (so while you'll also get the colourless ones occasionally in Brave New World, if you just need colourless, you can pick any Garden or go back to farming Campaign for better gold rewards/quicker and cheaper quest clears).

"Fixed an issue with certain multi-hit skills where it would appear as though the enemy is “healed” due to improper HP bar updates mid-attack"

What character(s) have you seen this with? We did a general fix that should have fixed many characters, but maybe there's some character-specific bugs that still need to be quashed.

Why cant NF post what the new talisman sets do? Its absurd that its up to the community to make a thread explaining every new update. I have one zone eater that i have no idea what it will do. The earthquake green thing is stupid, basically a green set that does mcr power move for 10 power.

Yeah, I guess that's fair. I'll work on compiling a post that goes into the details for all of the talismans and then ping back in here when I post it.

There's some deals in the store, and yes some new characters, but not a whole lot more characters (some of the class variants we wanted got scoped out of the release to not delay the feature too much longer) [EDIT: I guess I could better say we maybe figured these new characters were interesting, but not quite so fancy as to do an event soul for them yet]. We wanted players' attention to be on the feature itself, not elsewhere, so we went a bit lighter with event stuff around this release. We have some cool stuff planned later this month, though, in terms of getting new characters and fighting in the various Gardens...

DaveMurray
08-10-2017, 05:28 PM
My thanks to everyone for their kind words, constructive criticism, and detailed reports of bugs or other weirdness that has cropped up with the new update. I've done my best to copy over feedback to the team as I go through the thread.

Thanks for the update, just one more question, is anything being done with the facebook problem? I know people that can't login at all.

Dank Brew
08-10-2017, 05:34 PM
It's a cool release. I did specifically ask for harder enemies at some point, and you definitely delivered. So far i'm up to lvl X on fear (froze on me just now), lvl 2 on dismay (froze on me twice.) and lvl X on life.

I'm gonna have to wait for you guys to fix the bugs because the time and SOT spent is a huge waste of time at this point to just freeze and force close.

My main concern is the difficulty in the lower stages, even with maxed characters the bosses all seem to take hardly any damage at all (Personally I don't have the correct characters for these types of enemies, and I assume A LOT of newer players don't either.) especially dismay. I can't believe how low the damage is on that dang dragon.

Thanks for the tips Lulero.

I'm gonna have to work on a completely new team now... :eek:

Askora
08-10-2017, 05:40 PM
There's some deals in the store, and yes some new characters, but not a whole lot more characters (some of the class variants we wanted got scoped out of the release to not delay the feature too much longer) [EDIT: I guess I could better say we maybe figured these new characters were interesting, but not quite so fancy as to do an event soul for them yet]. We wanted players' attention to be on the feature itself, not elsewhere, so we went a bit lighter with event stuff around this release. We have some cool stuff planned later this month, though, in terms of getting new characters and fighting in the various Gardens...

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, even if it did seem a bit anticlimactic. Looking forward to what's to come.

Zeraki2
08-10-2017, 05:51 PM

How do you do damage to the dismay boss? all my hits show as "miss" and then like 50-200 dmg

Blacksteel
08-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Different freeze, now while the characters were entering a new stage, before any input, this was on garden of dismay X stage IV, funny thing is one Magus corrupt rescuer is laying on the ground as if it was killed, looks like it didn't reset correctly from the previous stage III that has 2 MCR.
Also got two other freezes on teams with Wrath during the boss stage of Garden of Life VIII,IX, don't know if it was coincidence but it got better after he was removed.

Mariner-1212
08-10-2017, 05:55 PM
How do you do damage to the dismay boss? all my hits show as "miss" and then like 50-200 dmg

The "Miss" is because of the shields, rather than taking damage, it's depleting the shield. Not sure about that boss specifically, but when on him, hold down on his passives (upper-right corner above his health bar) and it'll tell you what damage reduction is going on. I know in GOF, it reduces True Damage by 75%.

Ezz
08-10-2017, 05:56 PM
40 minutes into Garden of Life X and another crash. Boss was down to almost no energy too. This has to be a f*#%ing joke right? I like the update don't get me wrong fun levels and great graphics. and I usually try to stay pretty positive around here. But this is out of hand. I've now wasted at least an hour of my time and 60 SOT on bnw only to crash.

I fully expect to be made whole for this somehow.

Amarthir
08-10-2017, 06:06 PM
So far I've been reading people's tips and here's something I've come up with for dismay that I'll work on pretty soon.
Golden Pharaoh Dog,
Assassin Golden Son,
Gunner Dog,
Grim Reaper/Navigator/Eternity Eddie's.

I chose the Golden Son because of his 3 hit basic, and the fact that he can keep a solid endure on the team. Plus if you give him death talismans, that will work wonders on the Dragon King(s)

gmac
08-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the update, just one more question, is anything being done with the facebook problem? I know people that can't login at all.

Well,

First it was the buttons missing problem, now it's this.

I just can't log into the game anymore after reinstalling it.

This sucks.

prin666team
08-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Garden of life level 7 reset the game. Grrrrrr

Jerry_LOTB
08-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Our team is currently investigating the Facebook login issue. In the meantime, if you've connected an Email address to your account as well, you can log in using that.

gmac
08-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Our team is currently investigating the Facebook login issue. In the meantime, if you've connected an Email address to your account as well, you can log in using that.

Hi Jerry,

My backup was only the FB account.

If I create an account with the same FB email, will that work?

EDIT: My backup phone can still connect as I did not reinstalled the app on it. Should I create an email account from that device?

Best
gmac

Answer_V
08-10-2017, 06:49 PM
I will not be able to log on to my account I apologize to all troopers vcele GMAC support somehow does not work and I do not know when can I join in the game I hope in the trust of my troopers and I will not leave
Sorry my language english is not my native language

R1ck
08-10-2017, 06:51 PM
First time that happens to me twice, buttons missing in PVP, battles lost because of that.
Discouraging to play PVP

gmac
08-10-2017, 06:53 PM
I will not be able to log on to my account I apologize to all troopers vcele GMAC support somehow does not work and I do not know when can I join in the game I hope in the trust of my troopers and I will not leave
Sorry my language english is not my native language

Yeah, this really sucks.

Btw, sorry to all my troopers that did not get badges yesterday due to crashes.

aXe
08-10-2017, 07:10 PM
I was going to make a thread asking if there was a good place to find blue runes then BNW hit.:) The graphics and boss are awesome. A dungeon created after my favourite album, awesome. Its a tad buggy (boss sometime disappears) but great. Well done devs.:D

gmac
08-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Hi guys,

There is apparently a solution, using the same email from FB account as backup account (that is what I understood)

Talk to Jerry about it, he will help you.

gmac
(now back in the game!)

Answer_V
08-10-2017, 07:25 PM
I do not know what the hell is wrong for me

Sherrie
08-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Mine's not recognising my Facebook account at all.

Ezz
08-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Seeing some funny stuff (on top of crazy crashes) since update, wondering if others are seeing it.

1) Wrath is not triggering marks? I am hitting marked enemies using wraths basic attack with perfect hits and the white numbers are not appearing and the enemies are not taking added damage. Anyone else notice?
2) energy talismans - do these expire after a certain number of turns? Fighting the new dungeon boss I notice after a few turns my toons equipped with energy talismans no longer steal energy and the energy icon in the left hand corner has gone missing.

Amarthir
08-10-2017, 08:03 PM
That freezing issue people are talking about is actually hitting me too for once. Usually I don't get half the bugs others do, I think because of my phone being an Axon 7 running 7.1... Anyways I was on garden of dismay VI and I made it to the Dragon King with no real trouble, but let's see... I began the fight, applied Golden Pharaoh Dog's immunity and as soon as my Assassin Golden Son launched the first attack, everything stopped. The music was still playing but nothing on screen was moving. I went to my home screen for a moment and the music was still playing. When I went back into the game, the screen was black. This happened twice today, the first time being like an hour ago while I was in the underworld.

Blacksteel
08-10-2017, 11:03 PM
And another freeze on Garden of Life IX, boss battle, just at end of turn game went to limbo, frozen into wait state, again.
Lets see, so far more than 11-12 times frozen PVE = ~ -160 SOT - time, 3 times on PVP = -3 SOW ~ -50/60 points.
Not to rain into your parade @NF, but hopefully this is being looked at, the update is cool but kinda unstable.

Sparton_LOTB
08-10-2017, 11:35 PM
For everyone interested in knowing what all of the talismans that drop from Brave New World do, I've made a new Brave New World Talisman Info (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8664) thread in the Guides and Tips subforum. Feel free to discuss their uses and impact in there.

Blacksteel
08-10-2017, 11:40 PM
For everyone interested in knowing what all of the talismans that drop from Brave New World do, I've made a new Brave New World Talisman Info (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8664) thread in the Guides and Tips subforum. Feel free to discuss their uses and impact in there.
Thanks Sparton, I was wondering about this.

Ezz
08-11-2017, 12:29 AM
40 minutes into Garden of Life X and another crash. Boss was down to almost no energy too. This has to be a f*#%ing joke right? I like the update don't get me wrong fun levels and great graphics. and I usually try to stay pretty positive around here. But this is out of hand. I've now wasted at least an hour of my time and 60 SOT on bnw only to crash.

Ok update to this - I did a reinstall and have now completed the life and fear level X dungeons without any crashes.

Will attempt dismay level X tonight.

My advice to those with crashes that have an account setup is to reinstall asap!

kkkreg5
08-11-2017, 02:55 AM
For anyone interested or if it hasn't already been discussed or discovered, if you receive multiple instances of a Talisman you wish to sell, you have to press and hold to sell each one separately. I.E., if you receive a Warp Mystical x2, you have to press and hold to sell one, then press and hold again to sell the other. If you don't, you'll still carry one in your inventory.

mjmxiii
08-11-2017, 03:17 AM
Lost between 200-300 badges in the past 24hrs... and so many losses in PvP to the "buttons vanish talismans" ...Will try that download even though I don't have FB issues. Really hope it helps!

thealchemist
08-11-2017, 06:26 AM

While not as good on average as what you're hoping, when they do drop they'll drop in quantities of 3-5 per reward roll, so if you're crazy lucky you could get 20 3 star coloured evo runes from a single Floor VI (or higher) fight. We definitely made sure to tune the quantities based on the higher Sands of Time cost.

3-5 per reward roll? I've only played levels VI and VII so far in each dungeon so its early days, but when I have been lucky enough its been 1 reward of a single 3* evo rune, not 3-5. 3-5 I'd be okay with. To spend 12-15 SoT and only get one 2* (floor VI) or 3* (floor VII) coloured evo rune and possibly no talisman either as a reward, isn't a great incentive to farm BNW if I am honest. I just hope I have been unlucky so far on the evo rune side of things....

blade685
08-11-2017, 09:16 AM
my attack team is a disaster after update so bored to find another one :(

Blade
08-11-2017, 10:11 AM
3-5 per reward roll? I've only played levels VI and VII so far in each dungeon so its early days, but when I have been lucky enough its been 1 reward of a single 3* evo rune, not 3-5. 3-5 I'd be okay with. To spend 12-15 SoT and only get one 2* (floor VI) or 3* (floor VII) coloured evo rune and possibly no talisman either as a reward, isn't a great incentive to farm BNW if I am honest. I just hope I have been unlucky so far on the evo rune side of things....

Same here: Floor VII, rewards of two runs in a row: 4x3 Star rune (yes, NOT evo) and 6x3 Star rune (again, NOT evo) together with 1x1 Star Evo Rune!!! Are you serious?? This is how to farm 3 Star Evo Runes in the future? 3-5 drops? Where are the other 5 drops (3-5 means 4 on average -> two runs = 8 drops minus the 3 I got...) ? For this drop rate, 15 SoT is really crazy! I would absolutely encourage to reconsider this decision! The new Talis should be rare ofc, but why should it be much harder to evolve 4* to 5* Talis in general now?? Essential for many players to even have a chance at floors VII and above!? Sounds like a doom loop, or? It was so nice to farm the 3 Star Evo runes in different levels of different worlds, using different characters to level them up besides. I would love to see that revoked! Otherwise you split the players community more and more into those, that already have everything needed (I hope you were aware that many players would have finished BNW within one day after release...) and those, who now have reduced chances to compete because of the lack of 3 Star Evo Runes!
To end up with some positivity: I love the new worlds with new cam perspective, music and more challenging fights! I think most players agree on that!

slauki
08-11-2017, 11:06 AM
i didn't push a button before this picture was taken:

mcr dead on the ground and my sons are in reds for some reason:

then i attacked with ggs and buttons disappeared

so it's not only an aof problem for sure...

Along with the poor rewards BNW is really flawed atm. It can be great but a lot of tuning has to be done here, and a lot of bug fixing too.

blade685
08-11-2017, 12:00 PM
update killed GCR in pvp and my attack team, I will not continu to keep my pvp rank that week I think, impossible with my nerfed team ^^

Ancient Mariner
08-11-2017, 01:09 PM

What character(s) have you seen this with? We did a general fix that should have fixed many characters, but maybe there's some character-specific bugs that still need to be quashed.

Sorry i've just noticed your reply among all these posts..
Anyway, hoping you're asking me with which characters that attacks this happens (otherwise if you mean on which ones i saw the hp "increasing" after the multiple hits taken, i can't really remember), i can tell you the chars i'm using most with multiple hits are Eternity Eddie and the Grim Reaper Eddie, plus sometimes the AoF.
I'm sure the bug happened with Eternity Eddie, not sure about the others but in case i'm going to update you, thanks!

thealchemist
08-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Here is what 45 SoT got me from 3 runs, first two on floors VIII and last on floor VII. 2* evo runes and 3* runes, thats what I have to look forward to? SQs are far more valuable IMO. If this keeps up I think a lot of us will be leaving like some others have lately...

Blacksteel
08-11-2017, 04:08 PM
4th freeze this morning, 2nd one against the same player on PVP, yesterday night happened 2 times.
10.23 vs EdSnake, 10.25 vs EdSnake.
More than a hundred and something points lost to this bug + SOT to recover + the extra attacks the defense has to fend off now + time lost.
One can't expect to go like this on a saturday and be competitive enough to earn a top spot, F#k it, done.
Full cleanup and reinstall 3 times.
Since the BNW got out the game has frozen no less than 15-17 times for whatever reason.

I Really dislike posting about bugs but this has to be documented, pics with freezes below for @Devs, freeze bug is worse now.

Troopers/players lose badges, Sands, Points, Rewards, Progress, Time and as it seems this happens to many, it's kind of a chain reaction...

Missing asset button bug
no button
freeze
Entering a new stage, MCR is already dead WTF!???, Frozen Again...
Freeze while opening souls!.

And another freeze vs joe 11:47, while Wrath was trying to use his skill froze as shown.

Dank Brew
08-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Can't remember which level exactly, but one of the BNW rewarded me with gold. Only gold. Fucking gold. FFS.

I hate complaining, but you guys are asking for complaints with this BS.

This is not at all how it was expected, from anyone. 3* runes, constant freezes, 30 minute battles (just to freeze), not even a freaking event to go along with it?? I haven't even got ONE 5* rune from any BNW level. NOT ONE.

Come on guys, this is ridiculous.

I'm not quitting, but this needs to be better. Especially since It took a year to do...

BTW where the hell is trooper Eddie? And night city?? Night city was advertised as coming soon before BNW was even discussed, or shown as coming soon. Now there's another one "coming soon" (I HIGHLY DOUBT IT WILL BE SOON), will that also be before night city and trooper eddie??? 3 more years for trooper eddie????

answers please sparton!

Sparton_LOTB
08-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Regarding combat hangs, our team is still investigating the various causes that people are running into, and are monitoring this thread for reports to help narrow things down.

Also, regarding the issue where people are unable to log in with Facebook accounts, I believe the team has narrowed down on a solution, and I will post here when something goes live.

Same here: Floor VII, rewards of two runs in a row: 4x3 Star rune (yes, NOT evo) and 6x3 Star rune (again, NOT evo) together with 1x1 Star Evo Rune!!! Are you serious?? This is how to farm 3 Star Evo Runes in the future? 3-5 drops? Where are the other 5 drops (3-5 means 4 on average -> two runs = 8 drops minus the 3 I got...) ? For this drop rate, 15 SoT is really crazy! I would absolutely encourage to reconsider this decision! The new Talis should be rare ofc, but why should it be much harder to evolve 4* to 5* Talis in general now?? Essential for many players to even have a chance at floors VII and above!? Sounds like a doom loop, or? It was so nice to farm the 3 Star Evo runes in different levels of different worlds, using different characters to level them up besides. I would love to see that revoked! Otherwise you split the players community more and more into those, that already have everything needed (I hope you were aware that many players would have finished BNW within one day after release...) and those, who now have reduced chances to compete because of the lack of 3 Star Evo Runes!
To end up with some positivity: I love the new worlds with new cam perspective, music and more challenging fights! I think most players agree on that!

To clarify, you get by default higher quantities of 3 Star evo runes in Brave New World, not the lower rarity ones. Lower rarity ones can drop in higher quantities, but they're rarer (and much rarer to drop at higher floors), but are still possible rewards to reduce the chance of lower-rarity evo runes becoming a bottleneck as you farm for higher-rarity materials.

It's also important to note that you'll get 3-5 3 star evo runes on average when that's rolled as a possible reward. It's the same idea as the Lord of Light; you'll still need to do multiple runs to get enough materials to evolve a talisman (just not as many runs as you'd need to get the materials to evolve a 4 star character from Lord of Light, since you're likely to have more talismans to evolve than characters).

MrFreeze
08-11-2017, 05:19 PM

Along with the poor rewards BNW is really flawed atm. It can be great but a lot of tuning has to be done here, and a lot of bug fixing too.

Same thing here. 2nd to last level of dismay X. I've been playing BNW a lot last night and this morning. Sadly after waiting over half a year for it, it's not very fun. Poor drops, freezes, annoyingly long battles, I think I'm done with it for now.

Amarthir
08-11-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm not smart enough to post pictures on the thread through my phone but I think the cause for the freeze in the garden of dismay is when the assassin undead rescuer uses it's power. It happened to me twice, at the same wave, at the same moment. He taps the ground, and then nothing happens.

Bring seals and silence as a workaround I guess until it gets fixed.

Blacksteel
08-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Regarding combat hangs, our team is still investigating the various causes that people are running into, and are monitoring this thread for reports to help narrow things down.

Thanks Sparton, good to know.

Dank Brew
08-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Sparton, was the gold only reward a glitch or is that going to be common?

Dank Brew
08-11-2017, 06:47 PM
"reward" - not reward.

Sparton_LOTB
08-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Sparton, was the gold only reward a glitch or is that going to be common?

Barring a possible data error I'm going to investigate to ensure isn't happening, the odds of getting only gold as a reward is rarer than getting the rarest talisman. You got mighty unlucky that run if it was the only thing you got.

Dank Brew
08-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Just tried garden of life X for the first time... wave 2 destroyed me.
I had GRE, Assassin NBOL, GS, and COTD.
Used endure, then my whole team was stunned, then my beneficial effects removed, then stunned again. dead.

How is this even possible? They take hardly any damage at all (even with the increased magic and attack from NBOL on COTD), then they remove everything, then stun everyone multiple times in a row...

I'm fucking sick of this BNW bullshit. We asked for a challenge not an impossible mission.

You might as well ban me from the forums cause all I'm gonna do is talk shit now. This is plain ridiculous.

Dank Brew
08-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Barring a possible data error I'm going to investigate to ensure isn't happening, the odds of getting only gold as a reward is rarer than getting the rarest talisman. You got mighty unlucky that run if it was the only thing you got.

Mighty unlucky should be the name of this game.

I'm going to find a way contact Steve Harris, he won't stand for this disgrace to the Iron Maiden name.

R1ck
08-11-2017, 07:24 PM

I got also gold in garden of life level 8, 6 runs in there and not even one talisman. Disappointing.
Also, got some 2* rainbow Evo runes and 1* colored Evo runes, no see the purpose of that , high levels should give only 3*

Blade
08-11-2017, 08:05 PM
I got also gold in garden of life level 8, 6 runs in there and not even one talisman. Disappointing.
Also, got some 2* rainbow Evo runes and 1* colored Evo runes, no see the purpose of that , high levels should give only 3*

This is way too often reported now to be coincidence or just unlucky... would like to hear some confirmation from dev-side that something is terribly wrong here! Otherwise talisman evolution just got removed

Mariner-1212
08-11-2017, 08:24 PM
Freezing screen = not always lost. Mine has frozen up 3 times, and in all occasions, it's recovered itself eventually without me needing to reboot the game. I learned this because the first time it happened, I tapped the screen frantically like a dipshit and then it kicked back in, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone, but maybe if you guys give it a couple mins it will kick back in. For 15 SOT, it's worth the wait.

@Devs - One bug I haven't seen mentioned... if I'm autoplaying a level and I pause it to return to playing it myself, 90% of the time the buttons don't appear and my only recourse is to press play and continue with the autoplay. This happens a lot on Dragon King, not too sure about the levels leading up to it because I don't need to unpause before the king.

Dank Brew
08-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Yeah, i'm not lucky enough for the freeze to unfreeze. I tried the frantic screen tapping, tried waiting 10 mins... nope. Oh well. I'm just gonna avoid BNW for the meantime.

IceManFerrar
08-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Just tried garden of life X for the first time... wave 2 destroyed me.
I had GRE, Assassin NBOL, GS, and COTD.
Used endure, then my whole team was stunned, then my beneficial effects removed, then stunned again. dead.

How is this even possible? They take hardly any damage at all (even with the increased magic and attack from NBOL on COTD), then they remove everything, then stun everyone multiple times in a row...

I'm fucking sick of this BNW bullshit. We asked for a challenge not an impossible mission.

You might as well ban me from the forums cause all I'm gonna do is talk shit now. This is plain ridiculous.

Hey Brewtus, read the Guides and Tips thread for facing the Garden of Life world. I got destroyed by the Dragon King the first time I played it and had to use revive. I was better prepared the 2nd time and won in about 10 mins or so. You definitely need a toon to provide you with Immunity and something to heal. Also, GRE is not recommended for Life, since the Sentinel enemies will destroy Magus. Go with Gunners, Warriors, Assassins, and other sentinels.

I posted my team setup in the Guides thread, as did quite a few others. Hope it helps.

slauki
08-11-2017, 08:46 PM
play BNW for testing purposes: game was completly frozen here....

still no talismans for me, but with every run i dislike it more and more.

just to make something clear, BNW is awesome, just a lot of tuning and bugfixing is needed. aside this it has some serious potential.

EDIT: rewards for level 8 garden of life, really guys? game of death is far more rewarding:

Kamuz24z
08-11-2017, 08:52 PM

The same thing happened to me yesterday 3 times in a row I stop playing after that, I'll farm new world after is fixed

Dank Brew
08-11-2017, 09:00 PM
just to make something clear, BNW is awesome, just a lot of tuning and bugfixing is needed. aside this it has some serious potential.

I agree. I haven't complained this much in my life though lol I hope it gets fixed soon so I can play it without getting seriously angry.

Hey Brewtus, read the Guides and Tips thread for facing the Garden of Life world. I got destroyed by the Dragon King the first time I played it and had to use revive. I was better prepared the 2nd time and won in about 10 mins or so. You definitely need a toon to provide you with Immunity and something to heal. Also, GRE is not recommended for Life, since the Sentinel enemies will destroy Magus. Go with Gunners, Warriors, Assassins, and other sentinels.

I posted my team setup in the Guides thread, as did quite a few others. Hope it helps.

Yeah, my problem is GRE is my only maxed Eddie. But, for lvl X, I couldnt' even make it past wave 2... I got one hit from my team before being completely owned by stun and my beneficial effects removed... Does immunity prevent that? I've never used immunity unless it was on autoplay with a troopers champ... I've always just aimed for the highest possible damage to kill enemies before they can even hit me, and with BNW I definitely need to adjust my play style completely... :confused:

Witkacy
08-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Evening all :)

I have to say that my enthusiasm regarding the new update just have gone completely... I am sorry... So what if everything looks cool when you hardly can play the new worlds... Really poor drops comparing to SoTs ''prices'' + freezes = lost even more SoTs and possible rewards... I gave it a chance, yet no one like to be left emptyhanded... And sad to say (but for now) playing BNW is pure waste of time, and so resources though you might be rewarded with some nerves broken... It's much better (and potentially safer) be back to farming ''Powerslave'' and ''Game Of Death'' sometimes...

Oh wait... I've run full ride through ''Powerslave'' recently (80 SoTs) and have got 1 (one) green 3* RUNE... So the question is: If the droprates of runes outside BNW has been decreased silently? How am I suppose to evolve and upgrade my talis with drops like this if I wouldn't be willing to play BNW?

It's has been written already - I also have problems with FB login - game hags for about 10 seconds or more everytime I log in and I wonder if it will be successful this time or not?

Last thing: I am not that quick to make a pic when it's happening - yet from time to time while doing ''Powerslave'' - the wave with all Harpies disappearing! All you can see is their health bars but not the Harpies! Some other time everything's gone even health bars... (This is for THAT particular wave happening - every else being OK)...

Cheers,

W

Sparton_LOTB
08-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Freezing screen = not always lost. Mine has frozen up 3 times, and in all occasions, it's recovered itself eventually without me needing to reboot the game. I learned this because the first time it happened, I tapped the screen frantically like a dipshit and then it kicked back in, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure this isn't the case for everyone, but maybe if you guys give it a couple mins it will kick back in. For 15 SOT, it's worth the wait.

@Devs - One bug I haven't seen mentioned... if I'm autoplaying a level and I pause it to return to playing it myself, 90% of the time the buttons don't appear and my only recourse is to press play and continue with the autoplay. This happens a lot on Dragon King, not too sure about the levels leading up to it because I don't need to unpause before the king.

We have a hotfix build we're working to submit ASAP which should have fixes for both of those cases, plus the login issue I've previously noted. I'll let you guys know more as I find out what the state of that is.

Bradata
08-11-2017, 10:08 PM
We have a hotfix build we're working to submit ASAP which should have fixes for both of those cases, plus the login issue I've previously noted. I'll let you guys know more as I find out what the state of that is.

I am not sure if it was mentioned before from other players but the game keeps changing my defense team in PVP and it's always my SSD getting switched with my GCR and then you know what happens next, my defense goes to hell!
Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this after the update.
Thanks!

Sparton_LOTB
08-11-2017, 10:12 PM
I am not sure if it was mentioned before from other players but the game keeps changing my defense team in PVP and it's always my SSD getting switched with my GCR and then you know what happens next, my defense goes to hell!
Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this after the update.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is a new known issue that was introduced in the recent update. From the patch notes:

When you enter the Manage Defense screen for PVP, your team may be immediately set to characters that your defense team was not using prior to entering that screen. Please ensure you set your team to your intended characters before leaving that screen (your defense team will be correct to other players so long as you don’t exit that screen with unintended characters)

Bradata
08-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately, this is a new known issue that was introduced in the recent update. From the patch notes:

When you enter the Manage Defense screen for PVP, your team may be immediately set to characters that your defense team was not using prior to entering that screen. Please ensure you set your team to your intended characters before leaving that screen (your defense team will be correct to other players so long as you don’t exit that screen with unintended characters)

I just can't get it. You are telling me that my team was what I wanted it to be but it gets switched the moment I enter Manage my Defense screen?

Sparton_LOTB
08-11-2017, 10:46 PM
I just can't get it. You are telling me that my team was what I wanted it to be but it gets switched the moment I enter Manage my Defense screen?

It's exactly that.

Basically, when you exit that screen, the game will save to the server what your defense team is that you set. However, there's a bug that it doesn't save what you changed for that team to your save data that's on your device, so when you go back to that screen, it uses that (old) data that's cached on your device instead of the correct settings that were saved to the server.

We have a tentative fix for the issue, but it won't make it out in time for the hotfix update we're working on. In the meantime, make sure the characters you want on your defense team are what you see when you exit the Manage Defense screen and that will be what other players will fight against.

Liebhild
08-12-2017, 01:50 AM
Is the defense advantage now higher?

Most of the time nothing is triggering on my side while every ridiculous shit on defense is triggering.

(And the amount and reason question for that defense advantage was never answered)

Kaz_LOTB
08-12-2017, 02:01 AM
Is the defense advantage now higher?

Most of the time nothing is triggering on my side while every ridiculous shit on defense is triggering.

(And the amount and reason question for that defense advantage was never answered)

Nothing specifically has changed with PvP or defenses. The main things that would affect defense win rates from this recent patch are:

• The fact that Eddie will now properly use his Fury skill (whereas he did not prior to this patch)
• Shield and Damage Reduction Effects as well as Talismans are now largely working as expected (with a few exceptions).
• The New BNW Talismans

-Kaz

HeadOnFire
08-12-2017, 02:54 AM
The game crashes constantly for me now. It used to only crash when I fought in the arena, but now it crashes out of every screen, every 10-20 minutes. I would suspect my device is at fault, but a few expansions ago there was no crashing. With each update, it crashes more and more, so I have to conclude that conflicting lines of code are piling up. I've reinstalled the game, I've force stopped all other running apps, and tried everything else the support staff recommended. Legacy of the Beast is simply unplayable, and I have uninstalled it. I hope the members of Iron Maiden don't play this game to see what a disgrace it's made out of their name and mascot.

mjmxiii
08-12-2017, 04:29 AM
Seems he is always fuckin up. If anyone has him on defense, make sure he is working! Was noticing that my Artdog would only lose his shields when ole Chuck was on the other team, then tried going up against him without my own Prisoner..

He isn't working. This is at the beginning of the battle, everyone except Artdogg has shields even though no one should. Thought I would bring it up for anyone using him in PvP.

HomemLivre
08-12-2017, 04:48 AM
Seems he is always fuckin up. If anyone has him on defense, make sure he is working! Was noticing that my Artdog would only lose his shields when ole Chuck was on the other team, then tried going up against him without my own Prisoner..

He isn't working. This is at the beginning of the battle, everyone except Artdogg has shields even though no one should. Thought I would bring it up for anyone using him in PvP.

Yeah! Other thing that happens was your Prisoner applying passive disable in your own team (but I noticed that only one time - dont know how that happened, perhaps when GCR ressurected him). I really don't know exactly what happen with him, but I only PvE with him and nothing more.
Had some several crashes/freezes against your team this week, all of it conected to GCR attacking/reviving and don't know what triggers the bug.

Nice week and saturday for you in pvp!

mjmxiii
08-12-2017, 05:28 AM
Yeah! Other thing that happens was your Prisoner applying passive disable in your own team (but I noticed that only one time - dont know how that happened, perhaps when GCR ressurected him). I really don't know exactly what happen with him, but I only PvE with him and nothing more.
Had some several crashes/freezes against your team this week, all of it conected to GCR attacking/reviving and don't know what triggers the bug.

Yes have had a wild one so far. Thought I would try it before the update happened and my team was mangled by meta nerfs.. not how I planned lol.. that update and a bunch of bugs really make it interesting... quite the experience!

I am noticing a bug with my team on offense too, not a good one...me, mjmbug lol.... things are worse since update ...but gotta try to finish what I started, bugs not stopping anyone from attacking me! Tomorrow will be fun.. just hoping to stay in Top 10 at this point. So many smart players! I might have to go back to school.. :p

slauki
08-12-2017, 11:11 AM

i tested my defense a lot yesterday and i try to put immunuty on aof to see if my def would get an extra turn while i attack with the prisoner. well my aof killed the right toon, but no extra turn was triggered. good old chuck, screws up the game since 12/16 :D

HomemLivre
08-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Yes have had a wild one so far. Thought I would try it before the update happened and my team was mangled by meta nerfs.. not how I planned lol.. that update and a bunch of bugs really make it interesting... quite the experience!

I am noticing a bug with my team on offense too, not a good one...me, mjmbug lol.... things are worse since update ...but gotta try to finish what I started, bugs not stopping anyone from attacking me! Tomorrow will be fun.. just hoping to stay in Top 10 at this point. So many smart players! I might have to go back to school.. :p

Hahaha, we all have bugs inside of us! As all saturdays I have work to do so I will just watch the competition and enjoy it :D

Have a good day in the arena! :P

i tested my defense a lot yesterday and i try to put immunuty on aof to see if my def would get an extra turn while i attack with the prisoner. well my aof killed the right toon, but no extra turn was triggered. good old chuck, screws up the game since 12/16 :D

Yeah, I noticed that some days ago but this didn't came with this patch, its a little old bug from the bug tentacles of the gimp! hahaha

Monte47
08-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Death Dog had his passive disabled by my Prisoner, still disabled my passive on artillery Dog, and GCR.

slauki
08-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Death Dog had his passive disabled by my Prisoner, still disabled my passive on artillery Dog, and GCR.

just had this issue vs mjmx. his artillery dog has no immunity, as you can see on the picture so prisoner should have removed the passive. but he didn't.

Ubajoa
08-12-2017, 01:55 PM

I find the cause of this bug, I don't know if someone already state it but here it goes:

The wave 3 of garden of dismay has a mini boss a corrupt droid assassin, you can notice he is a boss because he is bigger than any other, he goes with 2 guardmen those are 2 magus corrupt rescuers with endure buff and his passive immunity. The bug comes when you kill the boss directly leaving the 2 MCR alive, and because he is a boss when you kill him all his companions die instantly, that kills the MCR's and when you reach wave 4 the MCR in the same position as the one in wave 3 appears dead and the buttons gone; forcing us to reset the game.

Solution: kill the MCR's first and then kill the boss.

Hope it helps.

Peppoah
08-12-2017, 03:23 PM
just had this issue vs mjmx. his artillery dog has no immunity, as you can see on the picture so prisoner should have removed the passive. but he didn't.

Same here and the game was freezing after I shot wrath with my GCR. My team was Wickerman Eddie, Prisoner, ass NBOL and GCR.

slauki
08-12-2017, 04:00 PM
I find the cause of this bug, I don't know if someone already state it but here it goes:

The wave 3 of garden of dismay has a mini boss a corrupt droid assassin, you can notice he is a boss because he is bigger than any other, he goes with 2 guardmen those are 2 magus corrupt rescuers with endure buff and his passive immunity. The bug comes when you kill the boss directly leaving the 2 MCR alive, and because he is a boss when you kill him all his companions die instantly, that kills the MCR's and when you reach wave 4 the MCR in the same position as the one in wave 3 appears dead and the buttons gone; forcing us to reset the game.

Solution: kill the MCR's first and then kill the boss.

Hope it helps.

awesome find carlos, really good to know. will try this later....

Askora
08-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Had my first defeat in BNW on Garden of Dismay Level 8. Dragon King used his DISABLE ability (• Removes all enemy skills) and I was done, no buttons to press except up top. Waited 15 minutes to see if it would give me my buttons back, he won the stare down.

Fister
08-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Just experienced my first buttons-gone-missing bug in BNW. Garden of Life VIII to be exact. Seems it was caused by the reserection of a sentinel buzz by a gunner spawn.

So I avoided that the next time and cleared lvl VIII and then IX. From lvl IX I got a Zone Eater Talisman. Onslaught!!!!! Not pleased 😣

Is this a drop everyone get for clearing that lvl or was I lucky to get that talisman, but unlucky to get that freaking sub-type?

IceManFerrar
08-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Just experienced my first buttons-gone-missing bug in BNW. Garden of Life VIII to be exact. Seems it was caused by the reserection of a sentinel buzz by a gunner spawn.

So I avoided that the next time and cleared lvl VIII and then IX. From lvl IX I got a Zone Eater Talisman. Onslaught!!!!! Not pleased 😣

Is this a drop everyone get for clearing that lvl or was I lucky to get that talisman, but unlucky to get that freaking sub-type?

I got the Zone Eater as well, but Will sub-type.

slauki
08-12-2017, 09:46 PM
maybe this helps:

boss used a move and buttons disappeared...maybe the change of camera perspective has something to do with it? not sure i think we was going to do his fury...

edit: just browsing the forums now just to see if the buttons will popup again, but nothing after 10 mins...

Witkacy
08-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Good evening, all :)

I am not sure how much and IF I will be playing in the few following days - been on holidays till Tuesday though doing my best to play and give the points to my troopers... Sad to say but today defeated upon crashes many times and some of you have lost the points...

So... There we go...

Crash #1 - Secret Location

@ Devs - guys, please enlighten me how to try to re-play the secret location again the same day with the same trooper, thanks...

Crash #2: BNW Garden Of Life Level #7

The same level another play another crash...

Garden Of Fear: Level #8

To be honest some battles finished successfully:

Some ''prizes'' from Level # 7 (Cost 15 SoT):

10 runs (150 SoTs) @ Garden Of Life #7 - Not a single talisman - any kind...

Another 5 runs (75 SoTs) @ Garden Of Life #8 (up to this point I can play on auto and comfortably win everytime the game let me - not crashing itself)... Still NO bloody talismans - even one, any...

Have a nice weekend! :)

Cheers,

W

Blacksteel
08-12-2017, 10:06 PM
App auto-closed (crash) on Garden of life, level VII boss battle, while Boss was running the dying animation.

Yes we know app has issues, whatever, anyway a small PVP log for reference and venting:
App crashing during PVP battle, crash vs. gmac @ 5:03
And another PVP crash vs. darkuriel @ 5:56PM.
A freeze now vs mjmxii 6:46 after here GCR resurrected a prisoner, sucks...
Now vs Caliza12 @ 6:54 ... ffs... that's 3 in less than an hour, WTF I'm even doing here.

Easily over 250 PVP points lost so far since thursday and not even counting here additional points lost because of revenge on the lost fights and extra attacks received while forced to attack more as to make up for the points lost by crash or freeze as it might be, nor ironite.

Could this be an unhandled memory leak?
Whatever it is, I bet someone from the band would be having words with NF if they were playing.

slauki
08-13-2017, 08:51 AM
immunity gained from passives seems to override prisoners passive. he doesn't remove artillerys dog passive anymore as stated (no immunity on dog ofc) and also MCRs passive is stronger than the prisoners passive as you can see here (i went first and killed a toon, then i checked for immunity):

thealchemist
08-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Playing Garden of Life X, first time I ended up with a stalemate with the boss, didnt think it was possible. Tried again with a different team and then the game hangs where the buttons disappeared, first time its happened to me in ages. But ultimately thats 30 SoT and a heap of time wasted.....

thealchemist
08-13-2017, 03:19 PM
To clarify, you get by default higher quantities of 3 Star evo runes in Brave New World, not the lower rarity ones. Lower rarity ones can drop in higher quantities, but they're rarer (and much rarer to drop at higher floors), but are still possible rewards to reduce the chance of lower-rarity evo runes becoming a bottleneck as you farm for higher-rarity materials.

It's also important to note that you'll get 3-5 3 star evo runes on average when that's rolled as a possible reward. It's the same idea as the Lord of Light; you'll still need to do multiple runs to get enough materials to evolve a talisman (just not as many runs as you'd need to get the materials to evolve a 4 star character from Lord of Light, since you're likely to have more talismans to evolve than characters).

This is what I got from floor VIII on garden of life, how can you justify that as an award? I've lost the incentive to play BNW because of this and the bugs. right now its just not worth it.

Interium
08-13-2017, 03:32 PM
Brave new world Dungeons in my opinion are insane and unplayable. WTF DID U GUYS DID? 15k dmg from boss at tier 6 dungeon???and don't forget the drops which are totally CRAP Fuk off totally unplayable. /Uninstall game

konstifik
08-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Brave new world Dungeons in my opinion are insane and unplayable. WTF DID U GUYS DID? 15k dmg from boss at tier 6 dungeon???and don't forget the drops which are totally CRAP Fuk off totally unplayable. /Uninstall game

If you take some time to set a good strategy, where you plan defensively as well as offensively and give some thought to the bosses strengths and weaknesses, you'll see that it's far from unplayable. Just requires a bit more thought from the player. Check out the Guides and Tips subforum, there are some good tips about BNW strategies there.

This is actually exactly what I like about BNW. You can't just go with your regular farming team and waltz through, even us long time players have to think through a couple of steps and choose the team carefully, perhaps even evolve a few previously overlooked characters.

Witkacy
08-13-2017, 05:00 PM
If you take some time to set a good strategy, where you plan defensively as well as offensively and give some thought to the bosses strengths and weaknesses, you'll see that it's far from unplayable. Just requires a bit more thought from the player. Check out the Guides and Tips subforum, there are some good tips about BNW strategies there.

This is actually exactly what I like about BNW. You can't just go with your regular farming team and waltz through, even us long time players have to think through a couple of steps and choose the team carefully, perhaps even evolve a few previously overlooked characters.

Konstifik :)

I guess you're right there my friend - but I have to say I NOT especially like BNW stuff right now for one particular reason... It's not about difficulty, crap rewards, unstability and hell knows what else goes later... It's about TIME... In LOL you have 3 waves of enemies, there you have 5... If I have to play one level through 10-15 mins and pray that the game not crashed or freezed everytime - I'll pass... Fun & chalenging stuff is one side though WASTING even more time than needed is the other...

Cheers,

W

Blacksteel
08-13-2017, 05:30 PM
@Sparton, on http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8576-August-2017-Tuning-Discussion-PRELIMINARY/page2
You mention that QA confirmed Death Dog's charge as fixed, just to let you know it is not, is not applying it to himself only to the rest of the team, thanks.

Amarthir
08-13-2017, 05:57 PM

Yeah talk about using overlooked characters. I'm whipping my Assassin Axis Soldier into shape just for the garden of dismay with his 4 hits and a chance for extra turns. But these gardens have made me use characters I never thought I'd use, which is good because Brave New World brings strategy back into the game. Where it's not about how big your numbers are, it's who has the right techniques for the job. I consider every angle in every dungeon, first off is making a team that not only plays to eachothers strengths, but also each individual Dragon King's weaknesses. For example, in the Garden of Dismay, only true damage will have a real damaging effect, physical and magic are basically useless because of the way his passive converts the damage. So that cuts alot of my roster out of the picture. And then there's the force shield, it takes a massive number of hits to break that before you can even consider doing damage. So in order to be as efficient as possible, you need at least 3 or more shots per toon, with extra turns to boot in order to save turns. That's why the purple Axis soldier comes in handy. When you equip him with Echo talismans (assuming you've finished GoF like I have) he gets alot of extra turns. And it's best for him to go last, due to his basic having a chance go to give an extra turn to anyone in your party. So when you're capping off at least 8 hits from one guy, plus let's say 8 more hits on average from the rest of your team, you can bypass that shield. And as long as you can keep your team healed and immune (Golden Pharaoh Dog?) it's not a problem. And marking is my best friend in this dungeon because of the massive amount of health they have. Eternity Eddie is the best of both worlds with a 3 turn strike that can grant an extra turn AND Mark the enemy. Then there's the assassin Golden son as the last character on my list for his 3 turns, critical strike chance, and his endure ability to prevent accidents.

Sorry for the excessive info that should actually be in the tips section, but all of that can only work on the Dismay, the other two need entirely different plans.

konstifik
08-14-2017, 06:50 AM
Konstifik :)

I guess you're right there my friend - but I have to say I NOT especially like BNW stuff right now for one particular reason... It's not about difficulty, crap rewards, unstability and hell knows what else goes later... It's about TIME... In LOL you have 3 waves of enemies, there you have 5... If I have to play one level through 10-15 mins and pray that the game not crashed or freezed everytime - I'll pass... Fun & chalenging stuff is one side though WASTING even more time than needed is the other...

Cheers,

W

Indeed, the real time investment needed to play BNW is waaay too high for the rewards given. I'm not done with my first play through of all levels yet, but once I am, I doubt I'll farm much in BNW if they keep the current reward drops.

bort
08-14-2017, 11:32 AM
BNW is a literal waste of time.

I tried grinding to get a specific talisman drop. So far, one has dropped, but not the version I want. I've had numerous crashes, losing 15 SoT each time, but even when I complete the run, the rewards are paltry. Each BNW dungeon costs 2-3 times what Underworld Madness does, but the payout doesn't scale, and I can still only use one trooper per go.

At this point, Underworld Madness is looking like a far more productive usage of my SoT and I can just forget about any of the new talismen

jigsore
08-14-2017, 12:31 PM
I think there's some kind of stall here... I can't farm BNW yet and I still need to level some talismans in order to do it.
I still have to upgrade some talismans, but to do that, I have to farm 3*** evo rune which only drops on Evo Mat. Hoard or BNW GD 6-10. Due to the drop rates of these... it will get me an eternity to power up a single talisman.....

Blacksteel
08-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Couple of bug reports for @Devs/log reference.
Resurrected character causes freeze/wait state: 08/14/2017 4:50 CST vs Kardas.
Resurrected character takes reduced damage without having any reduction effect on it: 08/14/2017 4:52 CST vs Kardas.

MrFreeze
08-15-2017, 11:22 AM
Are there any plans to make BNW more accessible? It's obvious you guys put a lot of time and effort into creating it, and it's great in some ways. I'm not gonna repeat the complaints, they're obvious by now.

When you changed the secret locations, a lot of people weren't happy about it. Some still aren't. Personally, I think those are overpriced too. But nothing ever changed. I still get my freeze sorcery talisman for 12 SoT daily. Are we going to have to live with this BNW cost as well? Please tell me you guys are considering changes. I want to play the thing more than once or twice a day.

In conclusion, I'm not running out to buy big baller brand shoes. This lavar ball pricing strategy is no good. If they were 8 SoT, and the quantities of runes were increased, I think it would be more fair. As it stands, who wants to pay 15 SoT for some crappy shoes.

Sparton_LOTB
08-15-2017, 09:59 PM
A new update will be available to download from the App Store and Google Play; it's been flagged to go live, but may take a few hours to show up for you. The following is the hotfixes for this update (also added to the August 9th patch notes post):

August 15th: Fix for issue that prevented people from logging in with Facebook
August 15th: Fix for issue that prevented people from playing if they haven’t played for a long period of time
August 15th: Fix for various combat hangs, including in situations when fighting the Brave New World bosses, turning off autoplay, and some other scenarios

Regarding the tuning of the rewards of Brave New World, while this update does not have any changes for that, we do hear your concerns, and we are working on improving the drops for all of the Brave New World dungeons. We're still working out the details for what those improvements will be, but we hope to have something live before the end of the month.

Bradata
08-15-2017, 10:05 PM
A new update will be available to download from the App Store and Google Play; it's been flagged to go live, but may take a few hours to show up for you. The following is the hotfixes for this update (also added to the August 9th patch notes post):

August 15th: Fix for issue that prevented people from playing if they haven’t played for a long period of time
August 15th: Fix for various combat hangs, including in situations when fighting the Brave New World bosses, turning off autoplay, and some other scenarios

Regarding the tuning of the rewards of Brave New World, while this update does not have any changes for that, we do hear your concerns, and we are working on improving the drops for all of the Brave New World dungeons. We're still working out the details for what those improvements will be, but we hope to have something live before the end of the month.

Thank you!
This shows us that you guys are really trying to make this game enjoyable for us!
Sometimes we can be really annoying!

Zapathusara
08-15-2017, 10:21 PM

thanks, Sparton, really tnx.
No word about this subject was driving me crazy.
#MakeBNWGreatAgain

slauki
08-15-2017, 11:48 PM
nice fixing update guys:

just wanted to test it i knew this wouldn't be fixed...

kkkreg5
08-16-2017, 12:32 AM
Don't forget to claim your 150 ironite.

T-Man
08-16-2017, 02:55 AM

That is good news. Thanks!

surfingwithdje
08-16-2017, 05:32 AM
nice fixing update guys:

just wanted to test it i knew this wouldn't be fixed...

I have the same issue, in garden of dismay i can't go over the 4th wave of ennemies, the control buttons disapear and i have to force closed the game... :/

slauki
08-16-2017, 06:23 AM
I have the same issue, in garden of dismay i can't go over the 4th wave of ennemies, the control buttons disapear and i have to force closed the game... :/ carlos found a workaround for this. you have to kill the both MCR in row 3 first then the buttons won't disappear in row 4. if you kill the boss directly while MCR have endure on this will cause problems.
since this is well documented, even with a solution in this thread i was very curious if it was fixed. well it wasn't. :)

but the 150 ironite will make up for it, thanks for them, that's a really nice move. aside this it's also nice that you guys are focussing on some kind of rewardimprovment for BNW, that's really needed. i'm confident it will be a very nice feature once the tweks are done.

surfingwithdje
08-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Thank you very much for the tips, i always killed the boss first in row 3! I will try to kill the CR first next time :)

MrFreeze
08-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Great news! BNW is great. You guys knocked it out of the park as far as graphics and originality goes. It's just upsetting to be so limited by it. It costs so much that with 80 SoT max, it's hard to actually play it much. Add the increased cost of the secret locations, plus getting 50 troopers in a day, it's just too much. I've kept a stash of ironite for a while, so I don't mind doing a few refills here and there, but a lot of players might not have that option.

And yeah, the drop rates. I run my troopers on Road to Ruin because I feel like I get less talismans than GoD. Even though it's random, I feel like I'm getting better rune drops there than BNW. Shards drop in really high quantities, sometimes, in LoL. I don't see why it shouldn't be the same with runes in BNW.

Thanks again for taking our opinions into consideration. It's what makes you guys one of the best dev teams, even if the bugs never go away.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the ironite. Nice touch!

mjmxiii
08-16-2017, 12:14 PM
So I'm still seeing a hang in PvP when defenses revive a dead char. The buttons disappear when the revived char has a turn left (i.e. if the char was killed by revenge or counterstrike before it took a turn and gets revived, the game hangs), I'm seeing this happen with any character that can revive.

Pharoah
Claire
GCR
VHE
GR

These are the ones I've had this happen with in the past 12hrs... It doesn't happen as much because those chars die quick now, but it is still happening. I also notice the game still hangs in BNW but if you switch to a different app it will usually make LotB kick back up.

Thanks for trying to fix these issues and the free ironite. It's been a bit disappointing for us all so cheers to all of us who are sticking around. It's very understandable why some left. Looking foward to the next batch of hotfixes.

Sparton_LOTB
08-16-2017, 05:25 PM
carlos found a workaround for this. you have to kill the both MCR in row 3 first then the buttons won't disappear in row 4. if you kill the boss directly while MCR have endure on this will cause problems.
since this is well documented, even with a solution in this thread i was very curious if it was fixed. well it wasn't. :)

My apologies. It looks like this missed getting into the subset of fixes we implemented last week.

I'll circle back with our QA to ensure this is tracked, so hopefully this can be fixed for the next update.

So I'm still seeing a hang in PvP when defenses revive a dead char. The buttons disappear when the revived char has a turn left (i.e. if the char was killed by revenge or counterstrike before it took a turn and gets revived, the game hangs), I'm seeing this happen with any character that can revive.

I'll circle back with our QA on this one too to ensure this case is being tracked.

Dank Brew
08-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Hey sparton, since you're here... I have a suggestion...

I think it should be a 100% chance to drop regular runes for clearing lvl 10. You guys advertised to us farm for regular runes in BNW. Well I just beat lvl 10 on fear, NOT ONE RUNE DROP. That is the whole point of playing BNW isn't it? BTW, i only got 45 ironite, and you guys charge 50 for a revive? wtf. Glad I didn't have to revive.

I am glad it finally didn't freeze on me though, so good work on the update. Thanks for that.

Mariner-1212
08-16-2017, 09:34 PM
I have a couple Q's I'd love some answers to...

Regarding Dragon King:

Can he be Doomed?
Can he be Sealed?

At the moment, it's looking like NO, he can't. Is there a writeup on what can and can't affect him?

Kardas
08-16-2017, 09:51 PM
What I'm about to say most others have probably said, but eh
Thanks again for Brave New World! Love the art and design, and the bosses seem quite challenging (haven't gotten to LVX yet because of time). Can't say much on their drops because I've played fairly little, but those SoT costs make it hard to do a lot of runs in a day. I finished with all Troopers on Powerslave earlier today, and have about 60 SoT ready to go now, which is good for 4 runs on higher levels if I'm not mistaken. My phone also has a hard time keeping up with it though- already had 3 crashes against the Dragon Kings, and I've played 21 runs so far.

I've also managed to update all my reference threads today, including the new characters like the Demon Spawns! Most of them are reaching their character limits though...

I've noticed one other thing- for the first time ever, my phone is displaying shadows of characters. Which is kind of cool, but I'm worried that eats my phone battery and further contributes to the instability in BNW. Or at least, high-quality shadows in games like Command & Conquer 3 always slowed my game down way more on my computer than things like textures and FX...

I have a couple Q's I'd love some answers to...

Regarding Dragon King:

Can he be Doomed?
Can he be Sealed?

At the moment, it's looking like NO, he can't. Is there a writeup on what can and can't affect him?

Would like to know this too. All I can say is that their shields cannot be stolen or removed by characters like Wrath or MCR. IIRC all are also immune to burns. As well as stuns too probably like all Bosses. I do remember inflicting Accuracy Down and Permadeath on them though.

Sparton_LOTB
08-16-2017, 11:00 PM
I think it should be a 100% chance to drop regular runes for clearing lvl 10. You guys advertised to us farm for regular runes in BNW. Well I just beat lvl 10 on fear, NOT ONE RUNE DROP. That is the whole point of playing BNW isn't it? BTW, i only got 45 ironite, and you guys charge 50 for a revive? wtf. Glad I didn't have to revive.

XP runes are the most common drop from Brave New World, but they're typically not part of the first time rewards you get for clearing a given floor for the first time, which is probably why you haven't seen them as often. Subsequent runs will more often get you XP runes.

Regarding Dragon King:

Can he be Doomed?
Can he be Sealed?

All bosses are immune to being Stunned, Frozen, Taunted, Sealed, Silenced, Blinded, Passive Disabled, and Doomed. That's true for the Dragon Kings as well as bosses in other game modes (such as the Lord of Light from his dungeons, or Aset from Kingdom of the Sands, etc).

As Kardas noted above, the Dragon Kings are also immune to "burns" (which includes all kinds of damage over time effects, like Bleed), and their Force Shields and Titan Shields are special in that they cannot be removed or stolen.

I've noticed one other thing- for the first time ever, my phone is displaying shadows of characters. Which is kind of cool, but I'm worried that eats my phone battery and further contributes to the instability in BNW. Or at least, high-quality shadows in games like Command & Conquer 3 always slowed my game down way more on my computer than things like textures and FX...

We're continuing to work on best tailoring the best VFX we can to devices based on what we think they can handle, and we felt like we may have overdone the optimizations on some platforms than others. Are you noticing any more or less crashing than before with shadows enabled, or is it about as stable as it was before in that area?

Kardas
08-17-2017, 12:13 PM
We're continuing to work on best tailoring the best VFX we can to devices based on what we think they can handle, and we felt like we may have overdone the optimizations on some platforms than others. Are you noticing any more or less crashing than before with shadows enabled, or is it about as stable as it was before in that area?

That's the thing- I can't really compare because the BNW update is the one which brought the shadows. So I don't know how stable the BNW dungeons are without them. The other worlds and PVP appear to be as stable as they were before, though I always reboot the game when switching to between PVP, PVE, and Skull Quests as a safety precaution anyway.

From what I can gather, I haven't really had problems with Garden of Fear, and most noticeably problems with Garden of Life. I think it may have to do with lots of switching between past/present/future. The first 4 waves all go by without a hitch, but the game runs into trouble with the boss. I've also noticed it crashing far more often with the sound on.

I have a reference pic attached (reduced size by 50% so it can upload):
Huh, it seems the new update brought fancier lighting too...

Witkacy
08-17-2017, 01:27 PM

Last thing: I am not that quick to make a pic when it's happening - yet from time to time while doing ''Powerslave'' - the wave with all Harpies disappearing! All you can see is their health bars but not the Harpies! Some other time everything's gone even health bars... (This is for THAT particular wave happening - every else being OK)...

Hi, Sparton :)

First of all - thanks fror the IRS... It seems that you missed my post, though... I wish to update it, so you'll see what I am talkin' about... Finally I've managed to made a screenshot... Here it is:

Any clue where and why the Harpies are disappearing?

Oh, and BTW - some questions I've been wondered since some time... Does Ultimate Sacrificial Heart PROVIDES the ultimate sacrifice while put on the chamber? If it's not - why you guys have called it that way then? Thanks...

Cheers,

W

thealchemist
08-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Hi, Sparton :)

First of all - thanks fror the IRS... It seems that you missed my post, though... I wish to update it, so you'll see what I am talkin' about... Finally I've managed to made a screenshot... Here it is:

W

I had it happen to me just before playing the talisman cache where the demon dogs and CotDs couldn't be seen.

And then I had enough SoT left over after farming enough evo shards to evolve my Sentinel Corrupt Droid. So had another go of Garden of Life X (dunno why I bothered)....trying to kill the GCRs before the boss Demon Spawn is easier said than done. sure enough get to next wave, game frozen. Maybe a name change is in order, Legacy of the Bugs :rolleyes:

PaquitoChep
08-17-2017, 01:39 PM
On skills changes i feel very satisfied on the Alliance General, now can steal a beneficial effect, perfect for invisibility and stuff like that, even works on the lord of light bosses. Plus all the changes on Run to the Hills Eddie, seems interesting, on Axis Soldier aswell and can't wait to have a corruptd droid graphics are great

Sparton_LOTB
08-17-2017, 04:12 PM
That's the thing- I can't really compare because the BNW update is the one which brought the shadows. So I don't know how stable the BNW dungeons are without them. The other worlds and PVP appear to be as stable as they were before, though I always reboot the game when switching to between PVP, PVE, and Skull Quests as a safety precaution anyway.

From what I can gather, I haven't really had problems with Garden of Fear, and most noticeably problems with Garden of Life. I think it may have to do with lots of switching between past/present/future. The first 4 waves all go by without a hitch, but the game runs into trouble with the boss. I've also noticed it crashing far more often with the sound on.

Thanks for the info. Can you post/DM me your device/OS information? I'd like to pass that along to the programmer who's in charge of optimization improvements; your information may help him with further improving stability on different devices.

There's a bug where if a Fury is what kills the last enemies in the previous wave, the next wave won't draw the 3D models for the new enemies (which will correct itself if you use a skill which changes the camera). We're investigating a fix for this for the next release, but I'm not 100% sure if it'll make it in yet.

Oh, and BTW - some questions I've been wondered since some time... Does Ultimate Sacrificial Heart PROVIDES the ultimate sacrifice while put on the chamber? If it's not - why you guys have called it that way then?

The Ultimate Sacrificial Heart is worth a lot of essence (4000 when max level; which is as much as a 4 star Eddie), so he'll definitely help with getting that final sacrifice tier, but he wouldn't be enough on his own.

He was named in that manner to make it clear by name that he's stronger than the Strong Sacrificial Heart without making the name something uninspired ("Strongest Sacrificial Heart" just sounds boring).

Kamuz24z
08-17-2017, 05:16 PM
I tried garden of dismay level X with the new update but I'm still having the freeze where MCR is on the floor wave 4 so far 5 times today any suggestions how to avoid this I'm using VHE, GRE, AGS, GPD, GD

Sparton_LOTB
08-17-2017, 05:40 PM
I tried garden of dismay level X with the new update but I'm still having the freeze where MCR is on the floor wave 4 so far 5 times today any suggestions how to avoid this I'm using VHE, GRE, AGS, GPD, GD

slauki posted something another player reported (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8644-August-9th-2017-Update-Discussion&p=54064&viewfull=1#post54064) to work around that in the meantime.

Dank Brew
08-17-2017, 06:18 PM
On skills changes i feel very satisfied on the Alliance General, now can steal a beneficial effect, perfect for invisibility and stuff like that, even works on the lord of light bosses. Plus all the changes on Run to the Hills Eddie, seems interesting, on Axis Soldier aswell and can't wait to have a corruptd droid graphics are great

Is RTTH eddie good now?? Have you tested him? I been waiting for him to be good enough to use... I noticed that changed him a bit... Is it worth sharding him? :)

Hypnos
08-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Is RTTH eddie good now?? Have you tested him? I been waiting for him to be good enough to use... I noticed that changed him a bit... Is it worth sharding him? :)

not really mate. Remember he is a natural three star eddie so one shouldn't expect a revelation for the arena. Learn from my mistake - wish I could take those shards back!

Dank Brew
08-17-2017, 07:10 PM
not really mate. Remember he is a natural three star eddie so one shouldn't expect a revelation for the arena. Learn from my mistake - wish I could take those shards back!

Darn... Always hoped he would eventually be good. Atleast as a backup. If paired right I still think he could do huge damage... maybe something like alliance general to boost attack, and a SCD for the shield to protect him... lol if only. I guess i'll keep dreaming, all we can do is hope that trooper eddie is a badass when he is finally released.

Dank Brew
08-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Hey Sparton,

I just auto played all the skull quests, and then went to BNW to try and farm runes. I wasn't paying complete attention, and looked over to see my team almost dead cause of my idiot auto playing team. Lmao

Suggestion is that auto play isn't continued from the cosmos to the time rift... I thought it wasn't before BNW, so maybe it's a bug?

Witkacy
08-17-2017, 09:09 PM

The Ultimate Sacrificial Heart is worth a lot of essence (4000 when max level; which is as much as a 4 star Eddie), so he'll definitely help with getting that final sacrifice tier, but he wouldn't be enough on his own.

He was named in that manner to make it clear by name that he's stronger than the Strong Sacrificial Heart without making the name something uninspired ("Strongest Sacrificial Heart" just sounds boring).

Sparton :)

Thanks for reply... As for USH - personally I think that giving sth strictly specific name while this sth is NOT doing exactly what's the name suggest surely may not sound boring - it sounds like false advertising - been lame and causes misleading and confusion...

Cheers,

W

Mariner-1212
08-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Could be a fluke, but GoL seems to be dropping talismans more often now, at least in level 8. And the rewards overall seem improved. Thanks Sparton/Kaz/NF for hearing us. \m/

edsel
08-18-2017, 12:08 AM
ok developers-all the work that developing the new characters and scenes was worth it. I play all day every day and know how much effort goes into digital animation first hand, you have done a great job and PLEASE CONTINUE MAKING FRESH NEW CONTENT TO MAINTAIN PLAYER INTEREST!

Dank Brew
08-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Hey Sparton, pass this one on to the team... Game froze on autoplay in skull quest. I waited it out for 15 minutes and accepted my fate of failure. It was the easy xp material cache, i used GRE, Beelzebub, and a troopers blue allied soldier. Don't know why it froze on me.

Dank Brew
08-18-2017, 06:19 PM
One more thing... My void talismans don't ever trigger facing the dragons in BNW. It works on the normal waves, but not on the boss.

Dank Brew
08-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Got a phone call while battling the dragon... I didn't lose my progress in the fight. Thanks for fixing that guys! :D

Thedarkness
08-18-2017, 11:42 PM
Anybody else have an issue when facing a team with a gunner or magus golden sun and golden pharaoh dog? The golden son wont die the first time until the pharaoh dog is dead. Almost seems like the pharaoh dog keeps reducing 25% of whatever it will take to kill the gs

slauki
08-19-2017, 12:28 AM
Anybody else have an issue when facing a team with a gunner or magus golden sun and golden pharaoh dog? The golden son wont die the first time until the pharaoh dog is dead. Almost seems like the pharaoh dog keeps reducing 25% of whatever it will take to kill the gs

i had the issue that the GGS didn't die from retriggering as i tested my defense. aof and VHE kept bashing him several times (retriggerig) while he had 0 health but he simply didn't die.... i think he cannot die with retriggering after the turn was over he revived normally...not sure it's the same issue but he seems bugged now...

Blacksteel
08-19-2017, 04:55 PM
@Sparton this is a new one, the corrupt droid instead of doing his normal attack to a single target attacked multiple targets
it used the Survey animation, but the color of the ray was green, and inflicted the whole team with a stun, which resulted in a lost match.
Game was Blacksteel vs Cesar @ 11:42 AM CST.

JJJ428
08-19-2017, 05:10 PM
Hey looks like we have some deals going on in the arena store for this coming week.

Kaz_LOTB
08-19-2017, 05:11 PM
@Sparton this is a new one, the corrupt droid instead of doing his normal attack to a single target attacked multiple targets
it used the Survey animation, but the color of the ray was green, and inflicted the whole team with a stun, which resulted in a lost match.
Game was Blacksteel vs Cesar @ 11:42 AM CST.

Hi, it actually sounds like that Droid was equipped with the Quake Talisman set. Quake is a 4 set of Green Talismans that grants the Earthquake ability, which has a high chance to stun all enemies for 10 power.

-Kaz

Blacksteel
08-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Hi, it actually sounds like that Droid was equipped with the Quake Talisman set. Quake is a 4 set of Green Talismans that grants the Earthquake ability, which has a high chance to stun all enemies for 10 power.

-Kaz

Thanks Kaz, that makes sense, new talisman making it's appearance.

Nicko
08-19-2017, 07:01 PM
Hey looks like we have some deals going on in the arena store for this coming week.

You mean all those chests?

R1ck
08-19-2017, 07:12 PM
You mean all those chests?

No, just opened the app and it showed that there will be some sales in arena store starting today until 26. Using iron coins you will be able to buy eternal fragments, skillshards and later today starting g/a souls.

Nicko
08-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Thanks. A sale is a nice gesture - but damn - wish they'd have an "inflation" event where they'd take the quantity limit off but everything was 10x as expensive for those of us with all these useless Iron Coins we'll never be able to spend!

Patrice-1201
08-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Thanks. A sale is a nice gesture - but damn - wish they'd have an "inflation" event where they'd take the quantity limit off but everything was 10x as expensive for those of us with all these useless Iron Coins we'll never be able to spend!

Could not agree more

Mizrael
08-19-2017, 07:46 PM

Couldn't agree less.
there is only a couple of people with tons of iron coins.
i'm a casual "10-12 a day" pvp player and i'm struggling to keep up with purchasing the eternal fragments and a skill shard every week while trying to save up a grand for the legendary soul by the end of the month...

Nicko
08-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Couldn't agree less.
there is only a couple of people with tons of iron coins.
i'm a casual "10-12 a day" pvp player and i'm struggling to keep up with purchasing the eternal fragments and a skill shard every week while trying to save up a grand for the legendary soul by the end of the month...

As I said in my original post - I agree it was a nice gesture - and will help a lot of people. Certainly I'll be participating.

At the same time - there are a group of us (more than "a couple") who have been playing since beta with a crazy number of coins and nothing to spend them on. It's getting ridiculous ;)

So my point wasn't "don't do events like this". It's "I hope they have something for the loyal players who have a boatload of coins and no way to spend them".

slauki
08-19-2017, 08:14 PM
finally some g/a souls in the arena store, thanks guys, even it took veeeeery long to implement that. hope they will be around every week now :-)
would give us the oppurtunity to spend some more coins.

Mizrael
08-19-2017, 08:17 PM
... the loyal players...

Ouch! that one hurt! :D
I have been also playing since beta, just never have time to do 50 GOD+PvP. Plus i'm in the wrong time zone to ever be around for the saturday rush to compete for the eternal...but i'm loyal :(

Anyway...i wish they would let you guys spend your shit load in some way (or maybe gift it to your troopers or something)!

Nicko
08-19-2017, 08:32 PM
Ouch! that one hurt! :D
I have been also playing since beta, just never have time to do 50 GOD+PvP. Plus i'm in the wrong time zone to ever be around for the saturday rush to compete for the eternal...but i'm loyal :(

Anyway...i wish they would let you guys spend your shit load in some way (or maybe gift it to your troopers or something)!

No offense meant. I'm not saying there aren't loyal players without a stash - I'm saying there are a few of us morons who have played WAY too much ;)

Nicko
08-19-2017, 08:33 PM
finally some g/a sould in the arena store, thanks guys, even it took veeeeery long to implement that. hope they will be around every week now :-)
would give us the oppurtunity to spend some more coins.

Agreed! Just cause I'd love a way to spend this "war chest" doesn't mean all these events aren't appreciated!

JJJ428
08-19-2017, 08:37 PM
Have to be careful people get even more pissed about the war chest events. Remember when they did the first eternal soul for 20,000 people exploded all over the forum. Even though I think it was one of the best ideas they had to handle people who have the war chest of coins even though I bet it barely put a dent into some peoples piles of coins. What other things could they do as war chest events that be a good nod to the people who play arena non-stop but not irk some of the more casual players? Would love to hear some peoples ideas.

Nicko
08-19-2017, 09:52 PM
Have to be careful people get even more pissed about the war chest events. Remember when they did the first eternal soul for 20,000 people exploded all over the forum. Even though I think it was one of the best ideas they had to handle people who have the war chest of coins even though I bet it barely put a dent into some peoples piles of coins. What other things could they do as war chest events that be a good nod to the people who play arena non-stop but not irk some of the more casual players? Would love to hear some peoples ideas.

I know Sparton has said it's a balancing act for this very reason - trying to give a reward to players who have the "war chest" without giving them an advantage over other players.

But I think as Jofer previously proved - if you want to win you can win - you don't need all the fancy stuff. That stuff is icing on the cake and makes the game fun - so there is value - but a determined player with an average roster is going to outperform the less determined player with the stellar roster.

I think the advanced Eternal was very well handled. It didn't give something that couldn't be earned otherwise - just kind of a bonus.

I think they said they had something else in the works too...

T-Man
08-20-2017, 01:33 AM

I agree with you here Nicko. Though as it stands, I do appreciate this sale. Very cool!

Ubajoa
08-20-2017, 04:00 AM
I'm seated on 40k iron coins, I buy everything available in the arena store (with the exception of sorcery/skilled/onslought talismans which are useless to me) and every week the number is getting bigger and bigger, I really support the Nicko´s idea to give us the opportunity to get rid of that plenty iron coins. Here are my 2 proposals:

1 - Let the skill shards be purchased infinitely but with a different price, something like 350*(n^n) being n the number of skill shard bought, in that case the price would be 350 the first, 1400 the second, 9450 the third, etc. and reset the prices with the arena reset. That way we could spend most of iron coins but obviously almost everyone would stop at third becasue the price would be out of control pretty soon, in that case everyone would be happy, the casual players would just buy 1 skill shard like always and the top players 2 or 3 per week.

2 - The funny one, character appearance customization. Something like a new color jacket for eternity eddie for 20k iron coins xD. Fun to see and wouldnt hurt balance between top and casual players.

3 - The impossible, recycle iron coins which means let us buy 10 sands of war for a really high price 1k iron coins maybe. That would be amazing.

Kamuz24z
08-20-2017, 04:42 AM
I'm seated on 40k iron coins, I buy everything available in the arena store (with the exception of sorcery/skilled/onslought talismans which are useless to me) and every week the number is getting bigger and bigger, I really support the Nicko´s idea to give us the opportunity to get rid of that plenty iron coins. Here are my 2 proposals:

1 - Let the skill shards be purchased infinitely but with a different price, something like 350*(n^n) being n the number of skill shard bought, in that case the price would be 350 the first, 1400 the second, 9450 the third, etc. and reset the prices with the arena reset. That way we could spend most of iron coins but obviously almost everyone would stop at third becasue the price would be out of control pretty soon, in that case everyone would be happy, the casual players would just buy 1 skill shard like always and the top players 2 or 3 per week.

2 - The funny one, character appearance customization. Something like a new color jacket for eternity eddie for 20k iron coins xD. Fun to see and wouldnt hurt balance between top and casual players.

3 - The impossible, recycle iron coins which means let us buy 10 sands of war for a really high price 1k iron coins maybe. That would be amazing.

Yes that will be great the casual player will play more and the guys with tons of coins will be able to finally spend them

Caretaker
08-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Not sleeping on coins here, but Carlos stated some well worked out ideas (though the jacket like thought is useless but fun)

slauki
08-20-2017, 04:28 PM

cool idea, i would rather like to see a linear grow regarding the skillshards. so first 350, second 700 third 1050 and so on. but this is more of a detail, the idea itself is golden. same could work for all soultypes and for the eternity frags.

but the first thing i would do is to unlock the legendary soul weekly. we all know how mediocre the legendarys are so really no need to keep em so rare imo.

Nicko
08-20-2017, 05:25 PM
cool idea, i would rather like to see a linear grow regarding the skillshards. so first 350, second 700 third 1050 and so on. but this is more of a detail, the idea itself is golden. same could work for all soultypes and for the eternity frags.

but the first thing i would do is to unlock the legendary soul weekly. we all know how mediocre the legendarys are so really no need to keep em so rare imo.

Great ideas Carlos! Hope the developers are taking note.

I think if it were skill shards we'd have to do it Carlos' way. A HUGE increase - cause if it were incremental like your proposal, some of us would buy 50 of them :)

I do agree the Legendary Soul restriction should be removed - and G/A souls should be added. Perhaps offer the 20,000 Eternal again as well - nothing more I'd like than a fifth Wrath :p

MrFreeze
08-21-2017, 09:28 AM
I've been seeing a few posts calling for a nerf on VHE. Maybe that mark skill should have been left alone instead of made 100% extra turn, but I don't know. I don't even use it that much. If anything, I use it in BNW to generate fury if I'm not already full for my first turn. My point is, devs, you guys just made him this much fun 2-3 updates ago. I had him fully sharded before that and all I ever used was claim, stake and his fury. Now he's a blast and almost all of his skills are useful. Rather than backtracking on a decision you just made, consider making other eddies this much fun.

One argument for a nerf I've seen is that he's overused in pvp. So what, give it a few weeks and it'll be samurai Eddie all over the arena. Once people start getting safeguard echo sets, samurai will replace VHE for a lot of people. I'm calling it now, it's gonna be an extra turn fiasco and everyone calling for a nerf on VHE will have forgotten about him and call for echo talisman nerfs.

Please devs, leave the VHE alone.

HomemLivre
08-21-2017, 02:10 PM
I've been seeing a few posts calling for a nerf on VHE. Maybe that mark skill should have been left alone instead of made 100% extra turn, but I don't know. I don't even use it that much. If anything, I use it in BNW to generate fury if I'm not already full for my first turn. My point is, devs, you guys just made him this much fun 2-3 updates ago. I had him fully sharded before that and all I ever used was claim, stake and his fury. Now he's a blast and almost all of his skills are useful. Rather than backtracking on a decision you just made, consider making other eddies this much fun.

One argument for a nerf I've seen is that he's overused in pvp. So what, give it a few weeks and it'll be samurai Eddie all over the arena. Once people start getting safeguard echo sets, samurai will replace VHE for a lot of people. I'm calling it now, it's gonna be an extra turn fiasco and everyone calling for a nerf on VHE will have forgotten about him and call for echo talisman nerfs.

Please devs, leave the VHE alone.

Hahahah, Im with you mate, I believe that only the two of us were a little nonsense to shard that pre-buff Vampire Hunter lol!
I agree with all of your words! I just want to try some new Eddies in arena and lots of them deserves a proper buff.

Nicko
08-21-2017, 03:11 PM
It would take a lot of buffing to make all these other 5* Eddies as good as VHE

I use him too - and consensus of course is no one wants a nerf - but if history is any indication...

BonFire
08-21-2017, 03:30 PM
IT would suck if they nerfed Mark. Rainmaker has that too and he needed something.

Dank Brew
08-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Once again, autoplay crossed over from the skull quests to BNW. This is pissing me off. Every time it happens its the only fucking SOT I have left. I look away for 8 seconds while it loads and look over to my eddie having 1% health every fucking time. There is no coming back from that with no power.

Either stop this from happening, up the SOT cap, or increase the regen rate. Its a different world so why is it crossing over??? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bradata
08-21-2017, 07:34 PM
Once again, autoplay crossed over from the skull quests to BNW. This is pissing me off. Every time it happens its the only fucking SOT I have left. I look away for 8 seconds while it loads and look over to my eddie having 1% health every fucking time. There is no coming back from that with no power.

Either stop this from happening, up the SOT cap, or increase the regen rate. Its a different world so why is it crossing over??? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What you just wrote and let's not forget the freezes that are still happening in BNW. Sometimes is very hard to reach to the Boss and if you manage to survive somehow the game freezes so you are forced to quit the game. I didn't know that when Sparton mentioned that is gonna be very hard to get those talismans in the higher levels, he meant that. Of course it's hard to get them, the game will never let you.

MrFreeze
08-21-2017, 08:19 PM
It would take a lot of buffing to make all these other 5* Eddies as good as VHE

I use him too - and consensus of course is no one wants a nerf - but if history is any indication...

I don't know, I think a couple are there with him or will be soon. Eternal seems pretty powerful from the maxed troopers I've used. Havnt used my own much yet though. I really do think we'll be seeing a lot of samurai once the echo talismans start building up. It was kind of smart on the devs part to make the give-aways fierce. If they were safeguard we'd be seeing a lot more already. My Viking is maxed, and he's pretty good too. Some minor damage tweaking and he's right there. I don't have visions or cyborg so I can't comment too much on them. GRE is still tough. It's really just pharaoh, shaman, and mystic out of the 5* that aren't too great. I don't know, I wish they'd leave VHE be. Most games like this have a power creep, this game has a power seep. He should be strong, he cost us 33 friggin skill shards to max.

One final thing, we know they can leave characters alone if they want. Look at SSD. I don't even like that character, but I maxed him and put him in my defense because he can win battles all by himself sometimes. He's more overused than any other character ever called "op" but he's untouchable. I wouldn't want them to change anything though. I'd rather see other characters get stronger to deal with these things than have them nerfed.

Ps. I know you probably feel the same about a lot of this. This argument is my feeble attempt to get the devs to leave him alone. Save our VHEs from the impending nerf that doesn't actually exist yet!!

MrFreeze
08-21-2017, 08:21 PM
What you just wrote and let's not forget the freezes that are still happening in BNW. Sometimes is very hard to reach to the Boss and if you manage to survive somehow the game freezes so you are forced to quit the game. I didn't know that when Sparton mentioned that is gonna be very hard to get those talismans in the higher levels, he meant that. Of course it's hard to get them, the game will never let you.

If you run into the one during the boss fight where the buttons disappear, wait about ten seconds and they come back.

Kardas
08-21-2017, 08:52 PM

My device isn't the best for gaming, so I usually restart the game when going between PVP, BNW, and other places. A quick restart may help you with no more autoplay, and help out with general stability in BNW

R1ck
08-21-2017, 11:59 PM
@Sparton, any news about fixing AoF extra turn being applied when the toon is not dead. Today had the most amazing lose because of that, HP meter was not even over , it was red when all the other team had an extra turn.